First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Apr 11

Frisco, TX

#22 Apr 30, 2011
Anon, I'm not sure what you are asking.

Lyclear does not stain sheets, if that is the question. It comes out in the wash.

Our doctor told us after applying cream, to go to bed on clean sheets.

The next day, wash those sheets and dry on hot, then go to bed again on clean sheets.
Steph

Piscataway, NJ

#23 Aug 8, 2011
We adopted a puppy about 3 months ago and 1 month after we got him we found out he had scabies! just finished a 5 week bath treatment and he STILL has them! dr thinks our yard has reinfested him so now were trying a medication instead of baths. my 11 year old daughter has eczema on her foot and even though she has cream for it, it seems to be spreading. should i mention to my pediatrician that it may be scabies? i'm so freaked out over the thaught of my child having this terrible bug on her! i guess we'll try spraying the yard, medicating the dog, and pray for the best. THIS SUCKS!!!!!
Me Too

Hemet, CA

#24 Aug 8, 2011
Treat her for scabies. Most doctors will tell you that you can't get it from a dog, but that isn't true. Go to Youtube and type in "healing scabies with MMS", this poor guy got it from a dog. It is best to treat your daughter before it gets out of hand.
cheri

Los Angeles, CA

#25 Aug 11, 2011
AllBetter wrote:
Also, for our daughter's skin, because the itching and the rash was horrible, we used Aveeno Active Naturals Eczema Care body wash. It was wonderful...and is. We used Nizoral anti-dandruff shampoo, which really helped with the itching. We had Altabax retapamulin ointment, 1%, for the infection that resulted from the scabies, Perrigo Fluticasone Propionate ointment,.005%, for the rash (like a hydrocortisone), and 1/2 teaspoon of hydroxyzine, 10 mg / 5 ml every 6 hours when the itching was bad. This REALLY helped her sleep, because she was not without it. It does make you drowsy, but, mostly, it stops the itching when it is worst, at night. I imagine it's harder for their little bodies to fight it, too, if they aren't getting enough sleep. Itchy and no sleep = very fussy, too! And, lastly, the yard stuff we used was Happy Jack Kennel Dip II...the highest permethrin I could find. We followed the directions on the back for mixing. I used the most diluted for inside as well, most often in shoes and doorways, a couple of times on the beds a long time before we used them again...and never over the sheets, only under new, clean sheets. I only did the pillows once. I was the primary sprayer. It made my throat a little scratchy, but no other side effects. Of course, it could have been the combination of that and tons and tons of bleach! In any case, they're dead and gone and have been for almost two months now. Oh, and we left even fairly necassary items bagged for a couple of weeks, then pulled those out and washed them again. We unpacked some more important items a couple of weeks later, doing the same, then the last batch, like some toys, were finally unpacked yesterday....mostly because I just got to it yesterday. And take care of your back through this!! It sent me to the chiropractor.
There's hope!!!

K so my baby is 5 1/2 weeks old.. My room mate and her kids have scabies so im guessing we do to.. Im scared to use the permethrin on her because all the bad things ive heard & how little she is
cheri

Los Angeles, CA

#26 Aug 11, 2011
Idk how im suppose to comment but I need some advice for my 5 1/2 week year old

Chattanooga, TN

#27 Aug 11, 2011
cheri wrote:
Idk how im suppose to comment but I need some advice for my 5 1/2 week year old

Because she is so young, your best bet is just to call her pediatrician and ask what you should do for her.

Otherwise, be REALLY protective with her--and extremely attentive and scrupulously clean with her clothing, bedding, etc.

Since: Aug 11

Perth, Australia

#28 Aug 11, 2011
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
maybe use some essential oils(mixed with carrier) like a repellant so they wont want to go near her but you might have to do some reasherch on what to use ,maybe some peppermint oil/or something.thats what i would do anyway,wash her blankets and clothes and put teatree oil in the fabric softer or in last rinse,that could help.i use lice spray preventer on the bottom of our socks so if we spep on one it wont want to latch on. as long as its not dangerous to your babies its worth a try trying to keep them off and away from her xxx

Since: Aug 11

Perth, Australia

#29 Aug 11, 2011
i have been doing that to may hair inbetween treatments to keep them out of my hair as my hair is so long and hard to apply so i have been doing that and i think its works as i have not had the itches in my head!
Annie

Frisco, TX

#30 Aug 12, 2011
Yes, you can and should. You certainly wouldn't want to sleep on unclean sheets. And the Lyclear won't damage your sheets. It just washes out.

Using permethrin cream or other topicals before bedtime makes sense, as nighttime is the most active time for scabies mites.

Rub the permethrin cream into your skin.

Leave it on 24 hours, or as close to that as you can.

It takes more than one treatment to cure most people these days.
Auntie

Holden, MA

#31 Aug 12, 2011
Does anyone know; How long after treatment are you contagous? I just did my second treatment.
Me Too

Hemet, CA

#32 Aug 12, 2011
It depends if you still have them or not. Ideally, they are dead. But so many people are having a hard time getting rid of them, I would give it a few more days and see if any symptoms pop up.
itchy

Strunk, KY

#33 Sep 9, 2011
this is the SECOND time i've had scabies. &i've found so muh more information this time! but i still have questions.. what do i spray my furniture and bed with? and do i put this permethrin cream in my hair? or do i start at my hair line? please & thanks for all the help!
itchy

Strunk, KY

#34 Sep 9, 2011
Auntie wrote:
Does anyone know; How long after treatment are you contagous? I just did my second treatment.
after the first treatment you shouldn't be contagious. i'm referring to treatment as in the cream your doctor should've prescribed you for overnight use.
Auntie

Holden, MA

#35 Sep 10, 2011
itchy wrote:
<quoted text>
after the first treatment you shouldn't be contagious. i'm referring to treatment as in the cream your doctor should've prescribed you for overnight use.
Thank you Itchy. I think if you dont catch it at the precise time ( the time between ur two treatment) this will continue for a while.Tryng to find the right day to do the second treatment is a gamble, I beleive that it is before the 14 days like I was told. The top of my hands are still bothering me.
GettingBetter

Flushing, NY

#36 Sep 13, 2011
I also had to go through the same thing and i cant agree with you more, everything you have done I also do. Its a way of life now. I also still put tea trea oil few drops in my conditioner and still spray Cider Vinegar alcohol, dish detergent and lavender oil mix around the house. Lysol spray has been very effective since it has such a high amount of Ethanol alcohol. Either way I am glad you are doing better and hope I will be there soon. Its the only way. Had to respond to your post because I thought I was the only one. Glad to know im not alone.
AllBetter wrote:
Continued....
We had to do a follow-up treatment after two weeks of the permethrin cream. We then did another after two more weeks. Each time I saved some cream (two tubes covered our family of four). I used the leftovers for any red dots that appeared. I got covers for the pillows and mattresses at Walmart (cheapest I found). I got the kind that zips. Before I put them on, I used a watered-down mixture of permethrin. I got some from a pet supply place for mites. You dilute it for "outdoor use" or "dog's bedding." I'm not a fan of chemicals, but was desperate. I sprayed the mattresses before I covered them first thing in the morning. The kids slept on clean sheets seven hours later. They were fine. I then got my husband to spray the yard with a sprayer from Lowes, as you can get them from your yard. We sprayed the cars, carseats, everything. In the meantime, we bagged everything cloth and bagged it, all dolls, rugs, curtains, everything. We created a mountain in the garage. We sprayed our shoes every time we took them off...sprayed outside. I kept the kids away from the fumes. We also bombed the house with Raid Fumigators.
With the Raid, permethrin cream and spray, washing everything in hot water and Borax and having the carpets cleaned with hot water (careful how you ask...one wouldn't do mine. One left after I said what we had. He wouldn't have caught it, I don't think. The next people were fine.) we got past it.
It was unbelievable difficult, but it would have been so much easier if I had known these things first. I was clueless and scared. Get the cream, get the spray, bag in garbage bags and spray them before closing, get the mattress/pillow covers, schedule to have the carpets cleaned after the home is cleared and before you bomb...then use the permethrin cream....attack it and wash, wash, wash in hot water. If you do it all at once and have a plan to make it work methodically, I bet it only lasts a few days.
Hope this helps.
Maryann

El Cajon, CA

#37 May 9, 2013
My 3 yo daughter got scabies recently, I took her to the doctor on tuesday and they gave her the cream for it...I went a little crazy on my house cleaning and disinfecting everything, gave her the cream on Tuesday and today's Thursday and she's not as red but still lots of bumps on her hands, tummy and feet. Do I put the cream on her again or wait the 7 days? I just hate seeing my baby hurting
peter braam

Singapore, Singapore

#38 Dec 3, 2013
ok here is the deal.

facts
-scabies can be gotten through brief contact
-some scabies do go on your face and scalp (my first burrow was on my face)
-they do try to enter your eyes and ears but luckily they can not stay
-drycleaning does not always work
-hotels don't wash at 60 degrees so if you stay in a hotel do your own laundry
-crawling feeling and pinpricks is active scabies not allergy
-scabies can easel be resistant to malathion, permethrin, sulfur cream and crotamiton.
- they can survive 7 days or more in warm humid weather

solution for resistant scabies
-try permethrin (7 dx24hrs)+ ivermectin (3 days)
-benzyl benzoaat 3 days 24 hrs
-pyrethrin with PBO (Spregal)
-Lindane

even if no burrows scabies can still exist, sometimes reinfestation is because the topical cream suppresses but doesnt kill them so they come back by themselves.

good luck and godspeed. we almost got rid of them

peter braam

Singapore, Singapore

#39 Dec 3, 2013
oh yeah

forget about any bath or organic or homeopathic cream..all bullshit.

just trying to make money of you…

tea tree oil? is from Australia..if it works so well how come 20% of all aboriginals have scabies and can not get rid of them? you would expect that they would use the tea tree oil and get rid of them..

tried it but is total nonsense and there is absolutely no scientific evidence to prove that tea tree oil works.

all the dedicated websites for scabies with products like Kleen free…all bullshit

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#40 Feb 22, 2014
peter braam wrote:
ok here is the deal.
facts
-scabies can be gotten through brief contact
-some scabies do go on your face and scalp (my first burrow was on my face)
-they do try to enter your eyes and ears but luckily they can not stay
-drycleaning does not always work
-hotels don't wash at 60 degrees so if you stay in a hotel do your own laundry
-crawling feeling and pinpricks is active scabies not allergy
-scabies can easel be resistant to malathion, permethrin, sulfur cream and crotamiton.
- they can survive 7 days or more in warm humid weather
solution for resistant scabies
-try permethrin (7 dx24hrs)+ ivermectin (3 days)
-benzyl benzoaat 3 days 24 hrs
-pyrethrin with PBO (Spregal)
-Lindane
even if no burrows scabies can still exist, sometimes reinfestation is because the topical cream suppresses but doesnt kill them so they come back by themselves.
good luck and godspeed. we almost got rid of them
I have a few questions in regards to the topicals you used. The scabies went above my neck on my scalp; behind my ears and the nape of my neck near the hairline. I tried all the topicals you listed except Lindane. The reason I have not tried it is because you cannot put Lindane on your head only for the neck and below. Can you tell me if you tried Lindane and what you experience was. Did you put it in your hair and on your face? Please advise.
marly

Hollywood, FL

#41 Feb 26, 2014
I just got home from the hospital they diagnosed me with scabies. My boyfriend has the same side effects. I'm waiting for the prescription to be filled. My 2 year old has no signs. I'll still treat him. The doctor says that once the mites are in your bed you have to throw it out. Has anyone had to throw their bed out? I'm moving in 3 days and can't take the itching anymore. I don't want them in my new house! Please help I'm literally scratching my skin off and practically live in the shower.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
scabies or what????? (Nov '11) 4 hr scaredofscabies 31
Scabies on face and scalp? (Aug '07) 20 hr essentials for sc... 903
how do i get rid of scabies once and for all? i... (Feb '07) 22 hr betseyB 4,186
Scabies Cure: SULFUR (Oct '08) 23 hr Jeanie 286
Fogging (Jun '10) 23 hr Jeanie 13
PLEASE HELP ME... do i have scabies? Fri homelessjoe 11
Scabies won't go away (Aug '06) Fri Scabies hell 1,199
More from around the web