United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2010

Miteinfested wrote:
thank u!!! but what about the hair? i'm in a bathtub right now with one cup of borax and tree tea oil.....nothing yet
Do not put your head under the water in the tub! You will just get more on your head.

Wash your hair and face in the sink.
Add some borax and tea tree to your shampoo.

Do you know what kind of mite it is?

Patty
Miteinfested

Ridgefield Park, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2010

okay so i soaked for 4 hours and I did see black specks that actually looked like a mite all over the tub....i soaked a hour and half the first then another hour and half until i saw nothing else come out but i still feel them crawling....i see black specks all over my house this time is was treated for bird mites but they are not dead yet...at all! I think i'm going to have to move to a room or something...i own this condo and can't sell it the way it is now!
Jamie

Thunder Bay, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2010

Judged:

Yeah the scabies mite is very hard to get rid of, first you have to understand their life cycle and go from there. I suggest using natural cures as I did to cure scabies, you can check my blog out about my scabies experience at http://scabieshometreatment.com
Joe

Hollywood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2010

Judged:

Jamie wrote:
Yeah the scabies mite is very hard to get rid of, first you have to understand their life cycle and go from there. I suggest using natural cures as I did to cure scabies, you can check my blog out about my scabies experience at http://scabieshometreatment.com
Thunder Bay, Canada. You are a scam and you need to stop preying on people who are suffering. Get a real job.
Ryan K

Arlington, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2010

I'm so glad I found someone--who sounds sane and reasonable-- whom has had similar experiences to me and my roommate. I recently graduated from a university in Washington DC, and I'm a 23-year-old white male.
One of my good friends and I decided to leave dorm life during my sophomore (his junior) year, and dude to the extremely high expense of our college's tuition, we decided to move into a relatively cheap one-bedroom apartment. This was one of the biggest mistakes of our lives. The building was old, and a previous tenant had left us with both bed bugs and some other itching parasite that still hasn't been identified. While the bed bugs were finally taken care of, it took almost six months. We both had to throw out thousands of dollars of clothing and furniture after every washing method we tried failed to kill these nasty insects. And no matter where we slept, we spread these things-- so we had to eventually bite the bullet and quarantine ourselves in our own apartment. Every morning, we would both wake up with numerous bites all over our bodies. While my buddy would get most of his bites on his hands, knuckles and abdomen, nearly all of mine were on my legs and ankles.
We FINALLY found a god of an exterminator who poured his soul into killing these things. By that time however, we both had pretty much skipped on our apartment (the landlord deserves much, much worse than a few months of missing rent).
But, although the bed bugs are gone, both my buddy and I have had fairly consistent itching (especially at night) all over our bodies and we both have the sensations of something crawling on us. When my roomate talked to his doctor about it, they chalked it up to being a side effect of his prescribed Concerta (similar to Adderall). My two doctors however have both insinuated that I'm some sort of hypochondriac who--despite the fact that those bed bugs are long gone-- is still scarred form the gruesome experience. I think otherwise for three reasons...
1. I never once felt a bed bug crawling on me-- in fact, we only knew of their existence because of our bites, the fact that we would find them dead or crawling on our mattresses, couches etc..., and because they would fall off of us in the shower.
2. I've never been much of a hypochrondriac. I'm a fairly masculine guy. Although I do have a fear or creepy crawlies, I've never made up any sort of illness in my head. I've broken eleven bones and have even been attacked by a puma while hiking along a well known pass in one of North America's most famous parks and I've never been a sick boy.
3. Upon a recent inspection of our beds, we noticed white specks about the size of sand grains scattered throughout our sheets. Both my rommate and I are exceptionally clean (especially for guys our age) and neither of us wear shoes in doors much less eat in bed.
So, if anyone has any advice or information, please respond. We're getting sort of desperate here.
Joe

Hollywood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2010

Judged:

Ryan K wrote:
I'm so glad I found someone--who sounds sane and reasonable-- whom has had similar experiences to me and my roommate. I recently graduated from a university in Washington DC, and I'm a 23-year-old white male.
One of my good friends and I decided to leave dorm life during my sophomore (his junior) year, and dude to the extremely high expense of our college's tuition, we decided to move into a relatively cheap one-bedroom apartment. This was one of the biggest mistakes of our lives. The building was old, and a previous tenant had left us with both bed bugs and some other itching parasite that still hasn't been identified. While the bed bugs were finally taken care of, it took almost six months. We both had to throw out thousands of dollars of clothing and furniture after every washing method we tried failed to kill these nasty insects. And no matter where we slept, we spread these things-- so we had to eventually bite the bullet and quarantine ourselves in our own apartment. Every morning, we would both wake up with numerous bites all over our bodies. While my buddy would get most of his bites on his hands, knuckles and abdomen, nearly all of mine were on my legs and ankles.
We FINALLY found a god of an exterminator who poured his soul into killing these things. By that time however, we both had pretty much skipped on our apartment (the landlord deserves much, much worse than a few months of missing rent).
But, although the bed bugs are gone, both my buddy and I have had fairly consistent itching (especially at night) all over our bodies and we both have the sensations of something crawling on us. When my roomate talked to his doctor about it, they chalked it up to being a side effect of his prescribed Concerta (similar to Adderall). My two doctors however have both insinuated that I'm some sort of hypochondriac who--despite the fact that those bed bugs are long gone-- is still scarred form the gruesome experience. I think otherwise for three reasons...
1. I never once felt a bed bug crawling on me-- in fact, we only knew of their existence because of our bites, the fact that we would find them dead or crawling on our mattresses, couches etc..., and because they would fall off of us in the shower.
2. I've never been much of a hypochrondriac. I'm a fairly masculine guy. Although I do have a fear or creepy crawlies, I've never made up any sort of illness in my head. I've broken eleven bones and have even been attacked by a puma while hiking along a well known pass in one of North America's most famous parks and I've never been a sick boy.
3. Upon a recent inspection of our beds, we noticed white specks about the size of sand grains scattered throughout our sheets. Both my rommate and I are exceptionally clean (especially for guys our age) and neither of us wear shoes in doors much less eat in bed.
So, if anyone has any advice or information, please respond. We're getting sort of desperate here.
Oh Ryan. You are as crazy as a loony tune. JUST KIDDING. Buggie will chime in here. Look for the thread called Scabies is Highly Contagious. It has over 7,000 posts in it. You can start reading that thread. If there ever was a cure for these bastards, its in that thread. People here have been talking alot about the cheyletiella mite, which is called walking dandruff. It can pass to humans and is alot on pets. You can study that mite, too. But, whatever mite you have, the cures are basically the same. Try to get as many prescriptions for permethrin as you can get. If that doesn't work, try ivermectin. There are many things you can do. Just read the threads here which contains the most posts. Do a search on this forum for ivermectin, permethrin, eurax, malathion lotion, lindane, cleaning, pets, cheyletiella mites, laundry, etc. many threads will come up for each of these items.
Joe

Hollywood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2010

Judged:

okay, well i posted to you, but i don't see it went through.
here it is again.

Oh Ryan. You are as crazy as a loony tune. JUST KIDDING. Buggie will chime in here. Look for the thread called Scabies is Highly Contagious. It has over 7,000 posts in it. You can start reading that thread. If there ever was a cure for these bastards, its in that thread. People here have been talking alot about the cheyletiella mite, which is called walking dandruff. It can pass to humans and is alot on pets. You can study that mite, too. But, whatever mite you have, the cures are basically the same. Try to get as many prescriptions for permethrin as you can get. If that doesn't work, try ivermectin. There are many things you can do. Just read the threads here which contains the most posts. Do a search on this forum for ivermectin, permethrin, eurax, malathion lotion, lindane, cleaning, pets, cheyletiella mites, laundry, etc. many threads will come up for each of these items.
buggie

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2010

Ryan K wrote:
I'm SO sorry Ryan. What an awful way to ruin college. I feel even more sorry for the poor people who will move into that apartment. I hope you are studying law so you can start a class action lawsuit and sue the c...r...a...p out of landlords who rent buggie apts. I caught pigeon mites, pigeon fleas, pigeon lice from a rooftop air conditioner where i was living. It took me a year until it dawned on me that it was the air conditioner. I rented the place from my cousin and the whole family sided with him. So I basically lost my family in addition to my job, home, etc. Good luck and I hope you find a lot of answers to help you here. Ignore Joe...just kidding!!!!! lol.
Starving Artist

Carrollton, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2010

Judged:

I've been going through this EXACT scenario, and it started two years ago for me in 2008. I am about to get fired from my job because of this and i'm reaching my limits...I'm only 20, female, I know I have potential to do so much, but this plague has wasted my emotions and energy. Now I am alone without confidence or friends. I am starting to give up on myself. My family thinks that i'm the one causing the mysterious rashes/"burrows", and I have been to 3 dermatologists also, but I'm the one having to look at myself everyday, no one understands...it drives me nuts. I obsess....

I was just doing a search for "black specks skin" and am relieved to feel somewhat less alone on this subject. The thing that bothers me is how so many doctors won't spend enough time with their patients, and if they can't diagnose the symptoms because of some conflicting factor, I'm the crazy. It's all my fault...I'M LAZY, I DON'T WANT TO WORK. This is fucked up...
chaotikmind

Friendswood, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2010

skf wrote:
<quoted text>leslie and sarah, why do you have the same comment running, if this were not a scam, you would have a different story to tell , sorry but true, people on this thread may have bugs but it dont mean they are stupid, i see right through you, i dont know about anyone else. i got rid of mine and it wasnt any product i got off line or from a dr. the protocols were fast and easy, just thought i knew about them a long time ago, most of us on here have done tryed all of that, it just robbed us of more money,
you said you got rid of them? how?
Armed and Fabulous

San Rafael, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2010

chaotikmind wrote:
<quoted text>
you said you got rid of them? how?
Hi Chaotik,
SKF can only get on the forum from time to time now, so until she does take a look at these threads:
Arm & Hammer
From SKF
Extremely frustrated

Oxford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2010

Mite Killing Machine wrote:
My experience is that the cuts are caused by mites digging through the skin. The black things could be mite feces or hair follicles. White things could be your skin.
I do not think the paste works and a few posters have said the same thing.
You still have treatment resources. Lindane, oral ivermectin pills and BB. These are very effective! Lindane has been banned in several states. I have used it but only for spot treating. It cant' be used repeatedly full body, like you've used Permethrin 5%.
I'm guessing but based on the job you describe as high human contact, I think you're getting reinfested. Unless you don't work with the same people as before.
Your pets could be a source of reinfestation. Cats and dogs can be safely treated with Revolution and Advocate twice a month until the infestation is gone. You can purchase both of these spot-on topicals online from Australia. Deadfeaz.com or ebay. Advocate is not available in the US. Revolution can be purchased from a vet, online, swapmeets, Ebay. Of course the vet's prices are high.
I also had the scratch marks you are talking about.. after much research... I did find that those are not the bugs, but something the skin does when it has a so called "itchy condition" I dont know if I am satisfied with this answer.. but it gives me a little sanity. My family and I have been dealing with scabies ( or something simalar) for the past couple months. I am starting to thnk that my cats have something to do with us getting reinfested, so they are being kept outside. I would hate to get rid of them.. but I will if it will help this situation. Maybe try this w your pets and see if you get any better. I have used 3 tubes of permythrin, and now spot treating any spots that I get. Also soaking in Arm and Hammer laundry detergent (Powder) and made a spray to spray around the house. I even tipped my furniture upside down and vaccummed underneath (You wouldnt believe all the cat hair under there!!) I wash our clothes and blankets, sheets, ect. every day... and also spot treat any crawling feelings w the spraying mixture that I made. We went and stayed at a hotel for a couple days.. hanging out in the sauna, and hot tub as much as possible!! Our symptoms are much better now and no more rashes or bumps. I do get that crawling feeling still.. especially when I sit in a certain chair.. so I am thinking the chair might be infested. Anyways, maybe try the arm and hammer poweder detergent, and keep pets out of the house to see if this helps.
Itchy1Scratchy0

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2010

Hi TooLong, I too have seen the black specs but am still in the dark concerning their origin. I am in the process of investigating this and will post back when I find something more conclusive. For now I will say I believe they are quite instrumental in spreading this condition.
Michelle

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2010

No, you certainly are not alone. I too, have been going threw this agony for about 4 years now. I have problems sleeping also. My itchy skin prevents me from getting a good nights rest. I have tried MANY different things from 3 highly toxic prescriptions of lindaine (1 dr told me she thought I had scabies), coating body with olive oil and rubbing it in, MANY bottles of Sarna itchy cream, borax baths, vinegar, alcohol, peroxide,changed laudry soap to a baby detergent, borax cleaning, lavender oil with floor cleanings, laundry, and for skin, also many bottles of tea tree oil, peppermint soaps, the list goes on. I do not like to speak to really anyone about it because I went to two doctors and they both noted in my file "psychosis". I have never had any problems in my past but now that my skin is itchy I am a psycho? After rubbing my skin with oil, I had things on my skin. I really do not know what these small granules were but I did take some to show the doctor. Bad idea, so if you can learn from my mistake then great. I really do not understand why doctors do not want to help. I do now have high blood pressure and anxiety issues from all this crap. It is really taking a toll on me.
TooLong wrote:
This started with a few itchy spots and scrath marks. I never had horrible rashes because of my paranoia and suspicion about it I have treated for scabies from the start but this has gone on forever. I feel it has been kept at bay but never ends.
I have seen several medical people, 4 derms...they have suggested counseling and
antipsychotics , and of course they all have their preferred soaps and lotions. Once you are pegged as neurotic....forget it. They peg you as a psych case. Yes...I have definitely become obsessive compulsive over this crap.
I admit, my anxiety level has been very high since this started over 2 years ago. I have done the isolation thing for nearly a year..not totally ...but I have to work so I cannot stay away from humans and I have a high level human contact type of job without going into details about myself.
I have wanted to quit my job so many times because of this.( I have bills to pay)
I won't go on and on about all of those details anymore...suffice it too say...yes..I am
looney tunes after dealing with this for so long.
Treatments....Permethrin 5% at least 10-15 tubes....
"natural" internet order treatments...enzymes , sulfur , dexoprim, I think all of these things have helped to keep my symptoms at bay but I have not found a cure.
I have only recently started the iver paste and have made up some "spray potions" for bedding , floors ...cats...dog.. with iver and enzymes in it. Will probably try permethrin with just need to get more. I use sulfur paste a lot too.
I am trying to learn from many of the posts I have read and hoping for a cure. I am so ready to be over this crap and resume some type of "normal" life. Perhaps those of us that have been through this always hang on to the anxiety and paranoia about it ..who knows...
One thing ...to get to the topic line....has anyone experienced these things? I know many have had the crawlies and pricking but do you have white things and black specks coming form your pores and flakes and scratch marks show up out of nowhere ...when you haven't been scratching. They are 1/4 inch-2 inches...what the hell...almost like cuts in your skin.
I'm soooooooo ready to be over this......
I appreciate reading the info and posts...and even though we all are experiencing similar and different symptoms......when you have felt so all alone and freaked out......it is nice to fine some ideas and advice. Totally disgruntled and over M.D.s at this point. So home cures are appreciated.
Yes....laundering of clothes and linens and vacuuming and mopping have gone on for the whole time......I am very tired.....and drained from the whole nightmare. Thanks to you all...and good luck.
Michelle

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2010

Judged:

No, you certainly are not alone. I too, have been going threw this agony for about 4 years now. I have problems sleeping also. My itchy skin prevents me from getting a good nights rest. I have tried MANY different things from 3 highly toxic prescriptions of lindaine (1 dr told me she thought I had scabies), coating body with olive oil and rubbing it in, MANY bottles of Sarna itchy cream, borax baths, vinegar, alcohol, peroxide,changed laudry soap to a baby detergent, borax cleaning, lavender oil with floor cleanings, laundry, and for skin, also many bottles of tea tree oil, peppermint soaps, the list goes on. I do not like to speak to really anyone about it because I went to two doctors and they both noted in my file "psychosis". I have never had any problems in my past but now that my skin is itchy I am a psycho? After rubbing my skin with oil, I had things on my skin. I really do not know what these small granules were but I did take some to show the doctor. Bad idea, so if you can learn from my mistake then great. I really do not understand why doctors do not want to help. I do now have high blood pressure and anxiety issues from all this crap. It is really taking a toll on me.
Lynne Childers in Roswell

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2010

I soaked in Kleen Green and sprayed on my skin religiously for a while, borax in laundry and DE and essential oils on my skin for so long you don't want to know. I have had relief, but thinking now I may need to retreat the cats and condo. Still experiencing black specs.
I think I have dermatitis from using so many products, so I'm now using Dermae Skinbiotics with tea tree oil & oregano. It is healing my skin.
I'm just as scared and frustrated as you all. Everyone around me doesn't want to hear it anymore and you feel very alone. I'm going to try Vann's suggestion with the Windex and grapeseed oil, etc. Thank you.
P. S. I also used the chemicals, but no more - no relief.
Lynne in Roswell

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2010

Judged:

Because I put to many chemicals on my skin, I have developed allergies to certain foods. If not for Quercetin (Blue Bonnett), I would be lost. It stops the itching.

Also be mindful that bugs/scabies/skin represents how we feel about ourselves. We must learn to love ourselves fully and monitor our thoughts.

Also, my raw food diet, exercise and periodic colonics has helped me tremendously. I also have several healers who have walked me thru this. We must calm our bodies down and know that we are healed.

Just a few thoughts (have to remind myself too!)
No Name

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2010

Lynne in Roswell wrote:
Because I put to many chemicals on my skin, I have developed allergies to certain foods. If not for Quercetin (Blue Bonnett), I would be lost. It stops the itching.
Also be mindful that bugs/scabies/skin represents how we feel about ourselves. We must learn to love ourselves fully and monitor our thoughts.
Also, my raw food diet, exercise and periodic colonics has helped me tremendously. I also have several healers who have walked me thru this. We must calm our bodies down and know that we are healed.
Just a few thoughts (have to remind myself too!)
I agree.
hlt

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2011

I feel your pain! Almost 4 yrs. ago my family & I were at the beach when my eye swole shut. I was diagnosed with the shingles! WRONG!~ Now I have reoccuring eye infections & scalp infections that don't itch, but are very painful red nodules. My eye looks like a raw piece of cubed steak, my joints ache, and I'm miserable! I have recently noticed these small white zit like stuff coming off my eyelid, black specks that just seem to appear & disappear, and places that look like small scratches! What the hell??!! I've seen dermatologists, endocrynologists, opthamologists,etc, etc, etc. I think these doctors think I am delusional. What could this be? Open to suggestions....before I go loco!
not nice

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2011

You stayed at a Hotel? So u also infested the hotel room..I was on vacation and stayed in Hotel and now have what u have...bad move.
Extremely frustrated wrote:
<quoted text>

I also had the scratch marks you are talking about.. after much research... I did find that those are not the bugs, but something the skin does when it has a so called "itchy condition" I dont know if I am satisfied with this answer.. but it gives me a little sanity. My family and I have been dealing with scabies ( or something simalar) for the past couple months. I am starting to thnk that my cats have something to do with us getting reinfested, so they are being kept outside. I would hate to get rid of them.. but I will if it will help this situation. Maybe try this w your pets and see if you get any better. I have used 3 tubes of permythrin, and now spot treating any spots that I get. Also soaking in Arm and Hammer laundry detergent (Powder) and made a spray to spray around the house. I even tipped my furniture upside down and vaccummed underneath (You wouldnt believe all the cat hair under there!!) I wash our clothes and blankets, sheets, ect. every day... and also spot treat any crawling feelings w the spraying mixture that I made. We went and stayed at a hotel for a couple days.. hanging out in the sauna, and hot tub as much as possible!! Our symptoms are much better now and no more rashes or bumps. I do get that crawling feeling still.. especially when I sit in a certain chair.. so I am thinking the chair might be infested. Anyways, maybe try the arm and hammer poweder detergent, and keep pets out of the house to see if this helps.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Scabies on face and scalp? (Aug '07) 12 hr Jen 883
Collembola/Springtails (Jan '13) 17 hr Mattie68 526
anyone have experience with sensation like elec... (Aug '13) 23 hr dancesilly2 10
ivermectin dosage chart and info (Oct '11) Thu TVNV 620
Are you having an allergic reaction to DAWN DIS... (Feb '14) Wed twitchivixen 7
Morgellons and Lyme from mite infections (May '13) Aug 20 Joanne 449
2 yrs later its not scabies its lyme disease (May '12) Aug 20 FRED 23
how do i get rid of scabies once and for all? i... (Feb '07) Aug 19 Diatomaceous Earth 4,104
Removing Scabies from your Environment (Jan '08) Aug 15 Poppykat 245

Search the Scabies Forum:
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••