Oak Harbor, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2008

Judged:

This started with a few itchy spots and scrath marks. I never had horrible rashes because of my paranoia and suspicion about it I have treated for scabies from the start but this has gone on forever. I feel it has been kept at bay but never ends.
I have seen several medical people, 4 derms...they have suggested counseling and
antipsychotics , and of course they all have their preferred soaps and lotions. Once you are pegged as neurotic....forget it. They peg you as a psych case. Yes...I have definitely become obsessive compulsive over this crap.
I admit, my anxiety level has been very high since this started over 2 years ago. I have done the isolation thing for nearly a year..not totally ...but I have to work so I cannot stay away from humans and I have a high level human contact type of job without going into details about myself.
I have wanted to quit my job so many times because of this.( I have bills to pay)
I won't go on and on about all of those details anymore...suffice it too say...yes..I am
looney tunes after dealing with this for so long.
Treatments....Permethrin 5% at least 10-15 tubes....
"natural" internet order treatments...enzymes , sulfur , dexoprim, I think all of these things have helped to keep my symptoms at bay but I have not found a cure.
I have only recently started the iver paste and have made up some "spray potions" for bedding , floors ...cats...dog.. with iver and enzymes in it. Will probably try permethrin with just need to get more. I use sulfur paste a lot too.
I am trying to learn from many of the posts I have read and hoping for a cure. I am so ready to be over this crap and resume some type of "normal" life. Perhaps those of us that have been through this always hang on to the anxiety and paranoia about it ..who knows...
One thing ...to get to the topic line....has anyone experienced these things? I know many have had the crawlies and pricking but do you have white things and black specks coming form your pores and flakes and scratch marks show up out of nowhere ...when you haven't been scratching. They are 1/4 inch-2 inches...what the hell...almost like cuts in your skin.
I'm soooooooo ready to be over this......
I appreciate reading the info and posts...and even though we all are experiencing similar and different symptoms......when you have felt so all alone and freaked out......it is nice to fine some ideas and advice. Totally disgruntled and over M.D.s at this point. So home cures are appreciated.
Yes....laundering of clothes and linens and vacuuming and mopping have gone on for the whole time......I am very tired.....and drained from the whole nightmare. Thanks to you all...and good luck.
Mite Killing Machine

Carlsbad, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2008

My experience is that the cuts are caused by mites digging through the skin. The black things could be mite feces or hair follicles. White things could be your skin.

I do not think the paste works and a few posters have said the same thing.

You still have treatment resources. Lindane, oral ivermectin pills and BB. These are very effective! Lindane has been banned in several states. I have used it but only for spot treating. It cant' be used repeatedly full body, like you've used Permethrin 5%.

I'm guessing but based on the job you describe as high human contact, I think you're getting reinfested. Unless you don't work with the same people as before.

Your pets could be a source of reinfestation. Cats and dogs can be safely treated with Revolution and Advocate twice a month until the infestation is gone. You can purchase both of these spot-on topicals online from Australia. Deadfeaz.com or ebay. Advocate is not available in the US. Revolution can be purchased from a vet, online, swapmeets, Ebay. Of course the vet's prices are high.
Mite Killing Machine

Carlsbad, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2008

Permethrin is toxic to cats.
TooLong

Oak Harbor, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2008

Thanks MKM. I've been through a huge bottle of lindane and because of it's toxicity and lack of results don't think I'll go down that road again.
Yes, I do need to become more aggressive with my pets....I can't believe a vet would give me rx's for the spot on products that you recommended because my pets are asymptomatic. Are these available without prescription? I'll check it out.
B.B. I've only found as the "allergen" type spray that can be purchased at stores. I have no idea if it is strong or not. I believe it is a Bissell product. I've sprayed car and funiture with it.
I think you are right about the scratches although a derm m.d. that I have seen said no way...I caused them myself ( unknowingly)whatever...they show up everywhere, smack in the middle of my back , along with itching and prickling before they show up.
The white things...I don't know....have checked them out with magnifying glass , don't have a scope...but a digital cam scope device that magnifies them greatly. They almost appear to have a morphing action like maybe a mite going from egg to larva. It's creepy...beyond belief.
Thanks for your input. May we all be cured. This sucks.
alhatesitchen

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2008

TooLong wrote:
Thanks MKM. I've been through a huge bottle of lindane and because of it's toxicity and lack of results don't think I'll go down that road again.
Yes, I do need to become more aggressive with my pets....I can't believe a vet would give me rx's for the spot on products that you recommended because my pets are asymptomatic. Are these available without prescription? I'll check it out.
B.B. I've only found as the "allergen" type spray that can be purchased at stores. I have no idea if it is strong or not. I believe it is a Bissell product. I've sprayed car and funiture with it.
I think you are right about the scratches although a derm m.d. that I have seen said no way...I caused them myself ( unknowingly)whatever...they show up everywhere, smack in the middle of my back , along with itching and prickling before they show up.
The white things...I don't know....have checked them out with magnifying glass , don't have a scope...but a digital cam scope device that magnifies them greatly. They almost appear to have a morphing action like maybe a mite going from egg to larva. It's creepy...beyond belief.
Thanks for your input. May we all be cured. This sucks.
BB is Benzumal scabie med.(Benzumal Bonzate (i know incorrect spelling).
Sam

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2008

Too long, I feel for you and can relate to having to go tot work day after day, week after week, month after month, having this awful thing. Are you at least getting enough sleep without waking up with crawling and itching? That is the worst having to go to work, put on a happy face with 2 hours sleep each night, and bugs crawling on you all day. I hope you're over that part anyway.

I agree with MKM that the pets have to be treated, symptoms or not. Most cured people here have had to treat pets too.

To your questions, I have not had white things emerge from my skin, but some products, eurax, aquaphor for some, make the black specs emerge.

All the best ordering sites for people meds and pet meds are in 2 threads here. Ordering links and something similar, all available without a prescription. If you've had it this long ivermectin is key, I believe, since the perm didn't cure you.[more]
Sam

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2008

I freakin hate it when my post times out.

I'll try to recapture.

Read the I'm cured thread for people who where actually cured. Krissy, 2Scratch, Jackie, Kittycat, others all have great advice.

On your original question, I've had white specs emerge when rubbing in a topical, I think these are dried sebum from where a mite was living. I've had black specs emerge when rubbing in eurax, some people get them from aquaphor too, I think they are dead mites and debris.[more]
Sam

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2008

On the scratch marks, are they like thin scratches and cut skin like a razor blade where the skin is broken or just red marks like something abrasive scratched you?

If they are broken skin, check the pics on the Scabies photos that BT or MKM posted and see if it looks like the Chinese writing scabies burrows. If it's just red marks it may be due to all the topicals and torture your skin has been through.

I've used the Bissel Acarosan powder 5% BB in my car. researchsupply.com has 100% BB. Benzemul Application is a 25% solution for skin also on the ordering links thread. I've had the best results with ivermectin oral and eurax topical.

If you work in a field where it's easy to find a new job, you might consider quitting for a month or 2 to get this out of your life, I've thought of doing that myself since I can't get in there to clean after working hours.
Mite Killing Machine

Carlsbad, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2008

So there ya go. Help from Sam, Al and MKM. Others will help too. We get by with a little help from our friends. Since MD's have failed us.

Big bottle of Lindane? you mean like 500mL? That's what I have and it's enough for a village. Wise to stay away from it.

Ivermectin, Ivermectin...Ivermectin! Even the Center for Disease Control and Prevention recommends it to treat scabies. That is saying alot considering it's still not FDA approved and considered an off-label drug.

but not the horse paste....

Since: Dec 07

Oak Harbor, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2008

Mite Killing Machine wrote:
So there ya go. Help from Sam, Al and MKM. Others will help too. We get by with a little help from our friends. Since MD's have failed us.
Big bottle of Lindane? you mean like 500mL? That's what I have and it's enough for a village. Wise to stay away from it.
Ivermectin, Ivermectin...Ivermectin! Even the Center for Disease Control and Prevention recommends it to treat scabies. That is saying alot considering it's still not FDA approved and considered an off-label drug.
Thanks MKM , SAM, and Al....this has been hell....
I will have to try to get some of the more effective ( I hope )products like the stronger BB and the Iver in pill form. I will search the threads and you say you can get them without precscriptions? I did order the meds for pets from the Aussie web site. What I do have is the Iver paste. Using it as a topical diluted with a lot of lotion and diluted with water as a spray for furniture, ped beds and my bed...which does have vinyl sheets and pillow cases.
I don't suffer at night from mega itching or crawling...I feel them once in a while. Usually if I catch the crawley....it is like the previously decscribed white speck? granule? grain//sebum plug?(that crawls?) Heck if I know..I am trying to figure it out and find answers. The red scratch marks are not abrasions from treatments. They have been made by something. There was on on my face out of the blue tonight. They have been everywhere on me.
I don't get the rashes I think because I am so constantly treating so the scratches and pimples ...nothing so obvious that it jumps out at you...like in any derm textbook. My back has been pretty broken out with the pimple like things and scratches, and I've had them on my legs. Yeah...the sleepless nights are more from the anxiety and stress that this has caused me.
Thanks for listening....hoping for cures. TL
Mite Killing Machine

Carlsbad, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2008

TooLong,
I ended up using the Ivermectin paste as a spot treatment topical too, just to use it up. I have no idea how much of it gets obsorbed into the stratum corneum but it may go deep enough to penetrate mites that lay in shallow pouches or hair follicles. Maybe mix the paste in sesame oil, a synergist and also may increase amount obsorbed. Keeping the skin covered in oils and lotions is good. Many of the posters feel the mites love dry skin.

I used undeluted Moxidectin Quest horse gel as a topical to spot treat problem areas.

Taking lots of showers helps to remove surface mites.

Hope you can get some sleep.
Scabies3

Hollywood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2008

Judged:

I got a prescription for Lindane and just recently filled it, and did a whole body treatment. There was so much "dieing activity," when I did the treatment, so I think that Lindane was better than the one I bought online. Also, here is a link to buy benzyl benzoate in large quantities. I bought a gallon of it, over 6 months ago. Right now I am mixing it 1/2 ounce of bb with about 7 ounces of 91% alcohol for an environmental spray. Before I was using 25% bb with alcohol 75%, but, since it is a solvent, it will destroy plastics, like remotes, keyboards, eyeglasses, so now I use a much smaller quantity of bb in that alcohol, and it works great, die little fheads, die...
http://www.researchsupply.net/solvents_etc.ht...
Mite Killing Machine

Carlsbad, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2008

Mary-Scabies3,

what was the name of your online lindane that you said didn't work source? The lindane I purchased from Canada is the real stuff.

My bottle is labeled to be used full body no more than twice for adults. Not to be used on children under 6 without orders from the doc.
Scabies3

Hollywood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2008

Judged:

Mary-Scabies3,
what was the name of your online lindane that you said didn't work source? The lindane I purchased from Canada is the real stuff.
My bottle is labeled to be used full body no more than twice for adults. Not to be used on children under 6 without orders from the doc.
i don't know the name of it off hand. bought from west coast skin or something like that. was a 500 ml. bottle; but i am not saying it didn't work, i am just saying that my script worked better, but was only a 60 ml. bottle. didn't mean for my post to be directed towards you. i was trying to help the other poster here, and replied to you by mistake.
Mite Killing Machine

Carlsbad, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2008

Scabies3 wrote:
<quoted text>
i don't know the name of it off hand. bought from west coast skin or something like that. was a 500 ml. bottle; but i am not saying it didn't work, i am just saying that my script worked better, but was only a 60 ml. bottle. didn't mean for my post to be directed towards you. i was trying to help the other poster here, and replied to you by mistake.
I just wondered because some meds are fake and it's good to know if someone got fake meds.
TooLong

Oak Harbor, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2008

MKM....the Lindane was a the huge bottle from Canada....used all of it.(500 mls) Its supposedly become a resistant thing or so I've read and I think I have some bionic mite thing going on. Plus the neurotoxicity thing is scary.
P.S. I'm a shower maniac....in fact my skin was getting so dry I had to make myself stop the long two or three shower a day thing.
I was going to try the "Progress" guys cure plan but I can't do the no shower thing.
Mary3- thanks for the BB info....best to all and thanks for the support -CURES TO ALL!! TL
Infected One

Riverside, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2008

Judged:

The potions that you made are good a little amonia and tea tree oil use until gone, spray bedding car carpet(vacumm)car, coat and non washables twice a day

Take borax tea tree baths followed by showers

get pcp from doc 800 mg of Albendazole or 200kg of ivermectin

I have the same problem you described the feeling to the T (feel free to contact me ooss33@yahoo.com) according to my extensive research you are experiencing Morgellons Sydrome Medically known as CLM-strongyloids. This parasite comes from cotton fields that have been polluted with this super organism to kill pests; little did the scientists think that the disease would pollute field mice wich inturn infects humans; This organism has many properties and aviolds detection in humans causing many of us to be diagnosed with dillusional parasitites.
Chansmomintexas

Englewood, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2009

TooLong wrote:
This started with a few itchy spots and scrath marks. I never had horrible rashes because of my paranoia and suspicion about it I have treated for scabies from the start but this has gone on forever. I feel it has been kept at bay but never ends.
I have seen several medical people, 4 derms...they have suggested counseling and
antipsychotics , and of course they all have their preferred soaps and lotions. Once you are pegged as neurotic....forget it. They peg you as a psych case. Yes...I have definitely become obsessive compulsive over this crap.
I admit, my anxiety level has been very high since this started over 2 years ago. I have done the isolation thing for nearly a year..not totally ...but I have to work so I cannot stay away from humans and I have a high level human contact type of job without going into details about myself.
I have wanted to quit my job so many times because of this.( I have bills to pay)
I won't go on and on about all of those details anymore...suffice it too say...yes..I am
looney tunes after dealing with this for so long.
Treatments....Permethrin 5% at least 10-15 tubes....
"natural" internet order treatments...enzymes , sulfur , dexoprim, I think all of these things have helped to keep my symptoms at bay but I have not found a cure.
I have only recently started the iver paste and have made up some "spray potions" for bedding , floors ...cats...dog.. with iver and enzymes in it. Will probably try permethrin with just need to get more. I use sulfur paste a lot too.
I am trying to learn from many of the posts I have read and hoping for a cure. I am so ready to be over this crap and resume some type of "normal" life. Perhaps those of us that have been through this always hang on to the anxiety and paranoia about it ..who knows...
One thing ...to get to the topic line....has anyone experienced these things? I know many have had the crawlies and pricking but do you have white things and black specks coming form your pores and flakes and scratch marks show up out of nowhere ...when you haven't been scratching. They are 1/4 inch-2 inches...what the hell...almost like cuts in your skin.
I'm soooooooo ready to be over this......
I appreciate reading the info and posts...and even though we all are experiencing similar and different symptoms......when you have felt so all alone and freaked out......it is nice to fine some ideas and advice. Totally disgruntled and over M.D.s at this point. So home cures are appreciated.
Yes....laundering of clothes and linens and vacuuming and mopping have gone on for the whole time......I am very tired.....and drained from the whole nightmare. Thanks to you all...and good luck.
I have been living with this stuff since 2006, I don't know how I contacted it but my daying routine is scratching, shaking fibers out of my clothes, and trying to avoid as much cotton as possible. I have black speck almost covering my body, except my face. I thought it was something in our home, and carpet, and furniture. But it's not, becuse we sold everything we had, moved out of our home to another state and I still have outbreaks daily. When I put on my clothes it feels like fibers are coming out of my skin trying to crawl into my clothes. My scalp contantly feels like something is crawling out of my head, and it itches so bad. i have to was it requently.I use Dove because it works for me better than any soap. I have tried all those enzyme sprays, lice treatment, etc. I was even applying tea oil and lavender oil on my skin. I can see little white fibers coming out of my skin espescially when I get out of the shower, then some days I look like fleas feasted on my skin all day, then in about a week the red bumpswill turn to a black spot on my skin. My family has not gooten this only me, and we live in the c=same house, how strange. Hang in there hopefully a cure will com soon.
leslie

Thunder Bay, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2009

Judged:

When I had scabies it was the most horrible thing , I felt uncomfortable around everyone and thought it would never end,there is a quick way to end your breakout safely. Permethrin does not work folks if you have had scabies for a couple weeks and it is dangerous.

"STOP Scabies Pain And Itching From Home, In 24 Hours Or Less With No Doctors, No Wasted Money, And No Drugs..."

http://dwarfurl.com/15b76
5 months too long

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2009

I have had these symptoms for 5 months and have tried everything I know possible. Sulfer soap, listerine, msm powder, head & shoulders, borax, ammonia, peroxide and on and on. I wear a new pair of socks everyday because if I was my socks I get eaten to death the next time I wear them.

My question is those of you using Iver paste are you using the one for horses and how are you using it? My DR will not perscribe me anything so strong. I have used 3 treatments of permethrin and it has not helped.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of126
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

156 Users are viewing the Scabies Forum right now

Search the Scabies Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Out of options! Scabies won't go away! 38 min Johanna 2
Thrip (Corn Lice) (May '12) 43 min Chole 46
How many times can I use permethrin cream... (Dec '08) 1 hr miserable 244
will sulfur soap get rid of scabies (Jun '10) 2 hr Paulina 181
Albendazole/Valbazen Cure (Dec '13) 3 hr ashleyshere 75
cyber stalking 3 hr FRED 1
Mr. Al : Benzoyl Peroxide and Roach Prufe? (Jul '09) 7 hr finally 29
how do i get rid of scabies once and for all? i... (Feb '07) Jul 10 Ling 4,085
•••