Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#183 Nov 1, 2010
I have a bottle of MYCODEX Tar & Sulfur Pet Shampoo. This bottle is very old--not sure when I got it. Says not to use on cats-- Protect eyes with a bland ophthalmic ointment.

I've taken a bath with it several times--but did find info saying coal tar is not good for humans.

I have my scalp soaked in coconut oil with iodine. I may use the coal tar shampoo to wash the excess coconut oil out.
Mange

Englewood, CO

#184 Nov 2, 2010
Carl3771 wrote:
I used Neutrogena T/Gel (coal tar shampoo) on my scalp a few times a week and it helped a lot. I've read old articles where coal tar was used as a cure. I don't think I'd recommend doing it full body, I don't know, it might be too toxic.
i am desperate. Just burned my face with perm and tea tree oil. Swelling has gone down but redness is still there. Chapped skin too. hope it heels. I was so sick of feeling the crawling on my face.

Location hidden

#185 Nov 2, 2010
Mange---I so feel for you. I too burned my face. Coconut/Olive oils helped me.
I have an appointment in a few days.
MAYBE this time??????
Canuckette

Hamilton, Canada

#186 Nov 2, 2010
Sig Olson wrote:
I have a bottle of MYCODEX Tar & Sulfur Pet Shampoo. This bottle is very old--not sure when I got it. Says not to use on cats-- Protect eyes with a bland ophthalmic ointment.
I've taken a bath with it several times--but did find info saying coal tar is not good for humans.
I have my scalp soaked in coconut oil with iodine. I may use the coal tar shampoo to wash the excess coconut oil out.
Hi Sig,
I've been reading all your posts so I feel like I know you. I must say that I'm just imagining the combined smell of coal tar, sulfur and coconut oil! since I'm using turpentine, someone walked into a room at work the other day and said, "Gee, it smells like paint in here"!!! I didn't say a word. They'll know us by our smells. May we be free of Job's torture soon.

Location hidden

#187 Nov 2, 2010
Hi Canuckette--just looked up--don't know where Hamilton is--I'm U.S. Minnesota--neighbors!!

Whenever I used Turp before going out, I tried to use it early, then add a little lavender spray-or whatever before going out.
I didn't use the coal tar pet shampoo. Decided my scalp had had enough--but it's still itching.

Remembered I had a brand new bottle of sunflower oil, so have been using some on my skin. It's loaded with natural vitamin E. The straight bottled Vitamin E was drying my skin too much.
I have Dr. appointment Fri. I'm afraid he won't "find anything". I have made a lot of progress. My face looks the best it has since I was maybe 8 years old. That was 50 years ago! The nutmeg and iodine--used separately have done wonders. I'm brushing my teeth with nutmeg now--also using some sunflower oil in my mouth. My teeth look way better. A couple weeks ago, my mouth was going so scuzzy, and my teeth were so stained--much better after only a couple days. The things that can be done for just pennies..... I Googled the nutmeg--lots of good uses!

Good Luck to You, Canuckette to the North!

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#189 Nov 2, 2010
Yeah, I have a bottle of coal tar shampoo that I've been staring at for over a month, there are enough warnings on it to make me cautious, so I would say be careful with that too.

@Mange...When I first got this years ago, what you discribe is exactly what I felt, initially I was being treated for head lice and yes at first the face was the worst, then it just seemed to balloon everywhere.

The desert essence shampoo and conditioner has given me alot of relief, one of the ingredients it has is pine oil, I just started with the turp on my scalp, so I am thinking I wil alternate between the turp, desert essence and coal tar shampoo, when I get the nerve to try it.

For me though, killing it in clothing has been a real challenge, I am down to soaking clothes for at least a week on end in all of the recommended stuff, as well as keeping clothing bagged and laced with DE, next step is going to be pyrethrin pest strips, supposed to be safer than the hot shot strips and are normally used for killing clothes moths, larvae and eggs.
Canuckette

Hamilton, Canada

#190 Nov 4, 2010
Hello Sig and Way too much,
Interesting that Desert Essence has pine oil since turpentine is basically pine oil. My best luck for my scalp and face has been Windex. When I have scabs on my scalp, turpentine seems to clean them up but the Windex before a shower or overnight, if it isn't too cold, gets rid of the crawlies.
Sig - do you use nutmeg oil? and what do you do with the iodine? I had used iodine on my skin, as well as hand sanitizer, last spring to torment the bugs. They don't like the antiseptics on the skin and come out by the dozens in response. It helped but didn't get rid of them.

Location hidden

#191 Nov 4, 2010
I've read some good stuff in a couple other places about the Desert Essence. Buggie--or someone in my early days here used it and highly recommended it.

Have found nutmeg oil in a few sites--but so far using ground nutmeg spice--in and on. Tiny amounts internally- it can cause hallucinations and more... I've been putting the iodine directly on areas--be careful--it burns really bad with repeat applications.

I have put straight ammonia on my head. Cover face and hold your breath!!! 2nd and 3rd time wasn't as bad and felt good--but no long lasting results.

Used alpha lipoic acid 1 per day for about 10 days. Dried skin like crazy--but that's when I could see that what I thought were blackheads--weren't, and I have tiny little blisters--likely Impetigo--and I think other opportunistic bacteria.
The blackhead-like spots seem to be gone--peeling diseased skin shedding. YUCK--but Thank You Lord!!!
Think the demodex numbers are down. I use a lot of ground ginger in and on me. Have read that ginger can kill S. Aureus. Helps itchy areas--especially IN and around nose. Put it on my feet liberally, then my socks--often to bed also.
We literally live in a zoo!!!
misdiagnosed

Hightstown, NJ

#192 Nov 5, 2010
I am curious as to the parts of the country that are affected by demodex. I have been battling them for about 5 months and live in OH. Where is everyone else from?
I've been using a combo of Ivermectin for about 5 weeks (3 doses) and a turpentine w/tea oil hair conditioner mixture as a head-to-toe treatment each evening for about 20 minutes. I sometimes leave the mixture on my scalp and hair overnight. I have had no adverse reactions to it.
I can tell the numbers are down, but can still feel them.
This weekend, I'm going to battle them in my car and closets. Wish me luck!!
Aaron

Hollywood, FL

#193 Nov 5, 2010
These mites are everywhere. Some of the States which have more infestations than other states are California, Texas, and Florida. Texas has the Mexican border. California has borders from Mexico, and the pacific ocean. Florida has the Atlantic ocean and many immigrants from 3rd world countries, who are settling in this country and who bring these mites from their country of origin.

Another reason for this plague is the easy travel around the world and people bringing them back from highly infested countries, where people do not have the means to treat themselves, and countries where people do not have the medical help or medicines to treat themselves.

The mites are also becoming immune to the permethrin and ivermectin and the traditional scabicides available.

This is where this forum comes in handy.

Demodex is more of an immunity issue, than a contagious problem. We all have demodex mites, but, it is when our bodies have immunity issues, where these type mites flourish. For example, liver problems, kidney problems, cancer, treatment of cancer and the meds used to treat cancer. Obesity and diabetes. A poor diet, etc. Smoking and drinking. Upper respiratory infections, etc. Stress can be a huge factor.

Usually, our bodies take care of bacterial and viral infections, and other such things. It is when our immunity becomes compromised, is when we are unable to handle the bombardment of these things.

http://rosacea-support.org/demodex-mites-trea...
Canuckette

Hamilton, Canada

#194 Nov 11, 2010
Just a note - I've been using DE in my hair at night and in my shoes, in the dog and on the furniture. This weekend, it's the car's turn. I'm taking it a bit internally. I'll still have to use ivermectin internally since they're in my nose and mouth, unless someone has some other ideas about ridding them internally, but it seems to be losing its effectiveness externally.

Location hidden

#195 Nov 11, 2010
Hey Canuckette!

I've been putting ground ginger into my nose for months. I move the skin around on the outside of the skin to help spread it around. Clean it out and reapply. I do this several times a day. Steadily I'm getting dead mites out. I very gently sniff a bit up--VERY gently. It can burn, and likely will at 1st, may make you sneeze--I think that's a good thing. I also apply it (I rub it into the skin some) on and around the nose, anywhere it's so itchy. Big improvement in face skin. It kind of blends in like a powder if you're lucky. I carry a small container of ginger always.
I've been doing a treatment I found in a morgellons forum. Yogurt with just enough milk to make it easy to use like a lotion. Have done 2 head treatments today--full body for the 2nd one. If you try it, let it dry completely. Hair will get very hard and crusty, and scalp feels tight. I washed it out, and it feels much better. Cheap, safe, and easy enough. Think I'll continue this once or twice a day. LOTS of dead demodex about falling out and off of my skin.
Good Luck Neighbor!
Canuckette

Hamilton, Canada

#196 Nov 12, 2010
Sig Olson wrote:
Hey Canuckette!
I've been putting ground ginger into my nose for months. I move the skin around on the outside of the skin to help spread it around. Clean it out and reapply. I do this several times a day. Steadily I'm getting dead mites out. I very gently sniff a bit up--VERY gently. It can burn, and likely will at 1st, may make you sneeze--I think that's a good thing. I also apply it (I rub it into the skin some) on and around the nose, anywhere it's so itchy. Big improvement in face skin. It kind of blends in like a powder if you're lucky. I carry a small container of ginger always.
I've been doing a treatment I found in a morgellons forum. Yogurt with just enough milk to make it easy to use like a lotion. Have done 2 head treatments today--full body for the 2nd one. If you try it, let it dry completely. Hair will get very hard and crusty, and scalp feels tight. I washed it out, and it feels much better. Cheap, safe, and easy enough. Think I'll continue this once or twice a day. LOTS of dead demodex about falling out and off of my skin.
Good Luck Neighbor!
That's really interesting. Do you wash it off as soon as it dries? Thanks for the tips.

Location hidden

#197 Nov 12, 2010
Don't really know for sure yet. It takes a long time for it to dry on the head. Kind of think once it is totally dry, it's done about all it's going to do--but, as said--I'm still experimenting myself.

I sure feel better. Just posted in another thread. It's not showing up in the list of recent posts yet. About the same anyway.

Raunchy crud was coming off and out of my skin, so as I rubbed it off, I re-applied and rubbed off crud for about an hour in front of the kitchen sink. Then when I felt more comfortable getting all that gunk out of me, I sat with it on until the head dried--then showered and used a soft bath scrub brush gently on my whole body.
I'll continue this treatment. It can't hurt and it sure feels good once you get past the crud rolling out.......... I'm thinking more crud will roll off and out of my skin next time.

Location hidden

#198 Nov 13, 2010
I'm trapped due to very heavy snowfall.

Don't think I have Morgellons, but I'm sure finding good skin product info which is helping me for sure.

Just Bookmarked: Entry 3 - THERE IS HOPE!!! Hope it's helpful. I already have and use several products/treatments I found there.
Canuckette

Binbrook, Canada

#199 Dec 4, 2010
Sig Olson wrote:
I'm trapped due to very heavy snowfall.
Don't think I have Morgellons, but I'm sure finding good skin product info which is helping me for sure.
Just Bookmarked: Entry 3 - THERE IS HOPE!!! Hope it's helpful. I already have and use several products/treatments I found there.
Thanks for the reminder about ginger. Today I bought two large containers of candied ginger. I know some say sugar makes us tasty but I dont' really find anything like that has made any difference. I did find a difference when I was eating ginger by the handful. They had been in my right lung (in my opinion) because every time I took either ivermectin or ate ginger, I'd start coughing up little rough things. I've pretty well stopped doing that which is likely a good sign. Aaron posted a link in the Arm and Hammer thread (I think) to a Face Doctor Rejuvenating Soap that is supposed to be good for demodex mites. BTW we haven't had more than a few flakes of the white stuff. You Minnesotans are tough!
Mange

Parker, CO

#200 Dec 5, 2010
Morgellons is another word for schyzophrenic. The doctors dont know crap and so they came up with this stupid word for people who are feeling crawling... truth of the matter is they, the drs, dont care to treat us and so they decided to call it morgellons... just like the term fibromyalgia... which is what they dxd me with a long time ago for my muscle spasms. When I asked them what is that, the dr said, oh... just a term we use when we dont know what is causing the muscle spasms... so there you have your morgellons bull crap. If you feel crawling... and you have never felt it before... you have mites. Not sure what kind of mites but you have them. It is not normal for a normal person who lives a normal life to all of a sudden start having symptoms of crawling. Now I could understand if you are psycho and have symptoms of crawling, then fine... but if you have never seen little green men... then you have mites

Location hidden

#201 Dec 5, 2010
IMHO: Seems to me that a lot of ailments just get a made-up name which includes the reason not to find what the real problem is.
Is it possible that so many have credentials they don't know how to use???

Don't look--won't find
Patient for life--however long or brief it might be. Maybe as long as the $$$ last, and even then if you have enough $$$ for them to bother, IMHO.
sebeste

Thomasville, NC

#202 Dec 16, 2010
Sig Olson wrote:
Me too.
Demodex mites--perfectly normal inhabitants of the human body===GONE WILD.
Agree---MANGE.
Peroxide/Borax baths usually 2 X day. For the bath, I just guess on amounts depending on how much water in tub.
LOTION--32 ounces water, 2 tablespoons borax
(20 Mule Team Borax--Super Washing Soda), 16 ounces peroxide as bought at drug store. Mixes best in cool-warm water. Have the lotion mixture in a bottle, so I can put it on face, hands, wherever, whenever throughout the day.
Ground ginger rubbed into trouble areas helps a lot. Will give a burning sensation. Go carefully, especially until you know how it affects you. Don't get it in eyes--burns bad. Wash face 1st, then rinse eyes if you get some in eyes.
I use "sunnyside pure gum spirits of turpentine" 32 ounces, bought for around $5 at Menard's. I think so long as it's spirits of turpentine, you'll be ok. Don't know about the "rectified"--sounds like a reason to charge more $$.
Good Luck MANGE.
Still use the turp/lotion sometimes.
I know I'll always battle this. Right now it's much better thanks to everyone here!!!
this link describes the difference between gum vs rectified turpentine (none that I can see, just Brittish nomenclature vs. American) and says drinking or absorbed thru skin dangerous. http://naturalpigments.com/detail.asp...

Location hidden

#203 Dec 16, 2010
Thanks sebeste, I avoid the turp as much as I can, but in desperation I will use it. Used equine ivermecton for the 1st time last night.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I have got the scabies from my rabbits. :( (Aug '08) 5 hr Nishant 71
how do i get rid of scabies once and for all? i... (Feb '07) 8 hr diana760 4,292
scabies in bath water very hot bath water 11 hr designsbydee 2
The solution for scabies is Bleach. This is the... (Mar '12) 12 hr so tired 164
How I cured scabies once and for good. 21 hr David Bodeen 1
Biting sensation, crawling, thin scratch lines 23 hr Scratches 7
Scabies cured (Dec '08) 23 hr Tara 98
More from around the web