have you had scabies for years post h...

have you had scabies for years post here.

Posted in the Scabies Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Bkitch

United States

#1 Jul 18, 2010
I would like for anyone who had scabies for years ie. 1 year or more to post :
How long you had scabies ?
What u believe kept REINFECTING you ?
What finally cured you ? If you can please include all the steps taken.

PLEASE NO SPAM
JUST GENUINE CURES TO HELP OTHERS WHO ARE SUFFERING .
Thanks
BKItch
Bkitch

United States

#2 Jul 18, 2010
Me myself i had scabies going on three years off and on ( I kept getting re-infected). I thought I was finally cure i had three weeks off of work and when i went back i uswed my work shoes and now i am reginfected again although i sprayed them down with lysol continuously.. It was the sneakers and my pillows i finally through out my pillows and i am buying new shoes once i get some cash. This is so frustrating. I DO REALIZE THAT HIGH HEAT seems ti help kill them off i took a shirt and pants that i washed and put in the drawers and when i wore them weeks later i began itching as soon as i put them on. I immediatelt took them off and irones them. I am beginning to have new bumps again Ugggh. I know the sulphur mix helped last time. Here we go agaiin. I also bought the scabies killer I hope it works.
itchyzscratchyz

Santa Maria, CA

#3 Jul 19, 2010
I am going on 2 years of battling this... for the past 2 years i have went back and forth from thinking it was scabies to knowing it was scabies to thinking maybe im crazy and its just my psoriasis.
Well now i know its scabies as my 11 mo baby also has it now and her doc confirmed thats what it is. I decided to go the permeth route as my boyfriend and i did it twice a year and half ago when i suspected thats what it was. It didnt work then becuase we were living with his family who thought i was crazy and insisted they didnt have this and would not put the permeth all over them even though i broke my bank buying enough for the whole family as he has a big family. After a year of suffering and hiding my skin i decided to move out and into my moms place. I ordered allstop thinking it would help since its suppose to be safe natural etc. Wrong! this stuff not only didnt work but made my psoriasis a million time worse and it spread to like 95% of my body. I could barely bend arms and legs and i was a walking nest for the scabies as my skin was flaking off everywhere! I took tea tree oil baths twice a day mixing it with aveeno oatmeal bath (the liquid) and that would sooth it for awhile but it was just horrible.
Then, to add to my situation, I got new that i was pregnant! great timing... So my OB doc told me that he was sure my psor was getting bad because the change in my hormones. The whole time my boyfriend is still sleeping with me and still not showing signs of this and telling me its just my psoriasis. I got psoriasis medicine and it started fading ( the psor not the scabies bumps) after my psor went away im left with itchy bumps that i try my best not to scratch....
My daughter was born and since she was a newborn gets a few bumps sometimes looking like small pimples on her cheeks, neck, wrists, and lower back. I told my boyfriend who kept sayin she was getting that from bathing her too much or maybe sweat. HA! shows what he knows! finally after 10 months of this it started getting worse on her, I told my mom my suspicions and of course she said she doubted thats what it was although she neglected to mention an itchy rash on her leg! Um hello what do you think that is?!
So the next day i took my daughter to the clinic and the doc confirmed that its scabies! My poor baby! anyway so my mom gets the permethrin from her doc and i ordered 6 tubes online for my boyfriend and i and for retreatment. I am doing out second dose tonight but already know it wont work. I am doing the A&H baths since last night and got some relief from that and i also mixed 1/3 cup DE with 2/3 cup olive oil and have been using that for the past two days already such improvement!
Think that im still getting reinfested at night as the cover for my mattress ripped and i have no money to replace it. Will buy a new one and covers for pillows and see what happens. I will continue posting my results.
Good luck to everyone fighting this i hope that each and every one of you find a cure for your specific case because none of us deserve to be plagued by this regaurdless of things that we've done. I feel for all of u...
skf

Glasgow, KY

#4 Jul 22, 2010
i posted on arm & hammer and from skf. something on those threads may help you. it has helped some highly infested get much better if not cured. i am a thinker and come up with all kinds of ideas that may or may not work. i had them for right at 3 years, drove me crazy and well im still a little messed up upstairs. i did alot of stupid things and its a wonder im not dead. you have to consider the after effects and your health upon this desperation to rid yourself of this crazy mess. i am finnaly bug free but my health deteriated much. but i never feel nothing crawling on me anymore. that had to be the worst feeling in the world on a daily basis. good luck to you and i wish you a speedy recovery.
incognito

Cartersville, GA

#5 Jul 22, 2010
This is July 2010, and I have been fighting these
insects on my body and clothing since March 2009 when they infested my whole house after I bought
a mink coat at the Salvation Army (I think). They
seem to travel on animal hair and human body hair along with any type of fabric. Many chemicals help, but none are a cure. I was spraying each
article of clothing with Steri-Fab, then washing, but they are never 100% gone. The only way I have a hope of cure is if I wear clothing only once, then throw away. I can get used clothing at Goodwill, but sometimes the clothing already has a less severe type of mite in it. I can't afford to
buy new clothes and disgard every day. Thought that ivermectin was not sold for humans in the U.S.

Just started one dose of ivermectin but must throw away all clothing again to make sure it works.
These that are on me can live for months without a human host. One method that worked ok was placing clothing in "space bags" and vacuuming out the air.
Then leave for months if possible, and most will be gone. THIS IS BY FAR THE WORST THING THAT EVER
HAPPENED TO ME. I AM A CLEAN, INTELLIGENT, EDUCATED PERSON AND THIS MAKES ME CONSIDER SUICIDE OFTEN (although I wouldn't do that). IT IS RIDICULOUS.
incognito

Cartersville, GA

#6 Jul 22, 2010
skf wrote:
i posted on arm & hammer and from skf. something on those threads may help you. it has helped some highly infested get much better if not cured. i am a thinker and come up with all kinds of ideas that may or may not work. i had them for right at 3 years, drove me crazy and well im still a little messed up upstairs. i did alot of stupid things and its a wonder im not dead. you have to consider the after effects and your health upon this desperation to rid yourself of this crazy mess. i am finnaly bug free but my health deteriated much. but i never feel nothing crawling on me anymore. that had to be the worst feeling in the world on a daily basis. good luck to you and i wish you a speedy recovery.
What did you use that finally worked, please??
Armed and Fabulous

Ross, CA

#7 Jul 22, 2010
incognito wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Incognito,
SKF started a thread called 'Arm and Hammer' when she got good results with using it in baths and in her environment. She checks in often, but not every day, so you could start by looking at that thread to see how she beat her bugs.
Good luck,
-armed
skf

Glasgow, KY

#8 Jul 22, 2010
incognito wrote:
<quoted text>
dont throw your clothes all away.. take them outside, fill up the washer with arm & hammer. putwash cycle on cold. rinse cycle on hot. soak each load all day or all night in arm & hammer. make sure water covers all. wash and then when it gets ready to spin stop the washer. next time you start it let it wash through again. i always put downy fabric softner in the rinse. a whole cap. then when they dried i put them directly inn a bag and started another load. keep doing that ...c if you can find some insecticidal soap. spray that in the dryer "when not in use and let dry". keep your dryer vent vaccumed out. always use a heppa bag. they catch 99.9 % dust mites. also use bounty dryer sheets in dryer loads. i used to have big plastic totes and i took a rub-a-dubb and would mark the top of each one. pjs-shirts-pants. etc ect. i only kept what i had to and the rest was out for the trash. i fought this you guys and i won....
Joe

Hollywood, FL

#9 Jul 23, 2010
incognito wrote:
This is July 2010, and I have been fighting these
insects on my body and clothing since March 2009 when they infested my whole house after I bought
a mink coat at the Salvation Army (I think). They
seem to travel on animal hair and human body hair along with any type of fabric. Many chemicals help, but none are a cure. I was spraying each
article of clothing with Steri-Fab, then washing, but they are never 100% gone. The only way I have a hope of cure is if I wear clothing only once, then throw away. I can get used clothing at Goodwill, but sometimes the clothing already has a less severe type of mite in it. I can't afford to
buy new clothes and disgard every day. Thought that ivermectin was not sold for humans in the U.S.
Just started one dose of ivermectin but must throw away all clothing again to make sure it works.
These that are on me can live for months without a human host. One method that worked ok was placing clothing in "space bags" and vacuuming out the air.
Then leave for months if possible, and most will be gone. THIS IS BY FAR THE WORST THING THAT EVER
HAPPENED TO ME. I AM A CLEAN, INTELLIGENT, EDUCATED PERSON AND THIS MAKES ME CONSIDER SUICIDE OFTEN (although I wouldn't do that). IT IS RIDICULOUS.
Hi. Your laundry water should be 130 degrees, or scalding hot water. turn cold water off going to your washer. do both wash and rinse in only hot water. use arm and hammer powdered laundry detergent. this is what worked for me in my laundry. You can also let your clothes sit for some days before wearing them again, just in case one of the little efferheads survives the hot/hot wash. rotate your clothes and shoes and bedding. buy polyester. the mites don't survive very well in polyester.
since you have had these for only a few months, try the ivermectin and permethrin or any good topical for a few weeks. keep reading threads in this forum, until you have it all figured out. it will come.
BKitch

United States

#10 Jul 24, 2010
OK SO i got the scabies killer I woyld like to say that it is basically a waste of nearly $150 dollars. THE ONLY TWO PRODUCTS THAT i think would potentially worl is the hot saok oil and the DE (DIAMACEOUS EARTH) not sure aboyut the spelling everything else seems to be watered down the bottles of enzymes smell like apple cider vinegar thats watered dpown and the other oil has a mix of oils whose concentration between ALL the oils mixed together being only 8%. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THEIR PRODUCTS AT ALL.
Call me Michele

Boise, ID

#11 Oct 11, 2011
Bkitch wrote:
PLEASE NO SPAM
Thanks
BKItch
I have been infested with scabie for almost 10 years.Now my body is finfested with them what do I do>
victoria

Fredericksburg, VA

#12 Dec 25, 2011
I have been struggling with scabies for around two years now.I tried the medical creams and other such remedies to no avail. I finally had gotten rid of it until my friend who became infected, reinfected me by sleeping in my bed one night.The only thing that has worked for me,what worked for met to get rid of it last time was putting a plastic cover over my matress. I sprayed my mattress every day with WINDEX, changed sheets daily. NEVER wore clothes more than just that one day.And at night I took bleach baths.YES BLEACH, pour it in with the water and soak. make sure you soak your entire body, if you dont you will feel them start to crawl up your shoulders towards your neck.These things are relentless. I would suggest if you really want to get rid of them to use 1.5 cups worth of bleach.you can also apply windex to your skin daily(but make sure you still do the bleach bath).
Michele H

Boise, ID

#13 May 24, 2012
Bkitch wrote:
PLEASE NO SPAM
Thanks
BKItch
Pisted of in Idaho:

I was infected by god know who, in the year of 2000 it is nor May 2012 and I am still re-fected. the son of bitches won`t die. I have been treated 6 times a year since 2000 and I h=have to tell you, I have given up! I oray that god will take me in my sleep. I pray to die every night. I was a young beauiful women, whith hopes of meeting a man who would sweep me off my feet. However, because of my re-inestations, I have alone 12 years with no sex at all because I am afraid of giving this to anyone. I want my doctors to admit me in the hospital and hook up an IV and posion me so I will kill the son of a bitches" these mites took my life from me. I cannot bear to live another day with scaching and bleeding all over myself. I have turned into the biggist bitch in Idaho. I I have spent thousands of dollars treating my house. and Know I am moving and burning all my piosessions I feel for each and every one of you people, I understand the feeling, and saddness you are faced with daily. I have raised my kids and all almost in college. Ias soon as my daughter graudates I plan to go to sleep and not wake up. The Mites have won. my suffering will be over very soon. Please do not judge me for giving up, I am covered head to toe with mites, and know I have then on my lips and in my nose. I have left a detailed WILL, that will tell the doctors to donate my body and the mites to science. I want someone to come-up with a cure for this infection. I hope and pray that my giving my life up for all of us will make at least one doctor to find a cure to this madness. I do not want your petty, I just want to stop suffering bites day and night. I have taken out 3 insurance policys for my children to benifeit from my death. I want them to remember me before I was infected, I do not want them to see me suffer anymore. I think my children understand and are okay with me sAYING GOOD-BYE. I know this must be very difficult for you to read this, but I want you to think about all of the suffering you are going through. What you need to do is throw everuything out or better yet burn all your clothes, burn your couches, chairs and hats, shoes. Start over buy everthing new the mites can live on wood as well as in furniture. I wanted america to know, that someone needs to find a cure for scabies. mayvbe the next person will have more staighth and a will to live. Last but not least reading your posts brings back nightmares after nightmare remembering all the nights I was going craxzy. but it made me remember there are people who are suffering just like me. Good luck to you all. and have a good year.

Pisted off in Idaho
itchywoes

Ottawa, Canada

#14 Jun 27, 2012
Bkitch wrote:
PLEASE NO SPAM
Thanks
BKItch
I`ve tried everthing and found out from a user named UK2" that Ivermectin 200mgm per kilogram which is 200 mgm per 2.25 pounds is the last resort. I took the recommended Doctors`prescription and that handled 90 % of them. That was just over 3 weeks ago (the Ivermectin)and THEY`RE BACK. YIKES. I`m travelling,which sucks for washing,which is absolutely necessary. Clean sheets every day, clean nighclothes, clean clothes EVERYDAY.
Clean environment-which can drive one to the edge.

Anyway my dear I`ll stay in touch, I`m looking for an answer from chat users as to the dose of Ivermectin. Im a retired pharmacist so I`ll make sure to post with the correct dose, when I find out, and I will consult with physicians I know.

hand in there.
Itchy Scratchy

Surprise, AZ

#15 Jun 27, 2012
It is heart-breaking to read your history - but I understand it will, as I suspect many, many others do.

I have had scabies - off and on - for about the same amount of time.

Have you tried Ivermectin? For me, it keeps the infection at bay (I have resigned to the fact that I'll never be fully cured, on a permanent basis - keeping the infection minimal is the best I can expect).

There's both oral as well as pour-on Ivermectin (I've only tried the oral, via horse-wormer paste - but am thinking to get my hands on some of the pour-on, and use both at once - no way they could escape coming from both directions).
Michele H wrote:
<quoted text>
Pisted of in Idaho:
I was infected by god know who, in the year of 2000 it is nor May 2012 and I am still re-fected. the son of bitches won`t die. I have been treated 6 times a year since 2000 and I h=have to tell you, I have given up! I oray that god will take me in my sleep. I pray to die every night. I was a young beauiful women, whith hopes of meeting a man who would sweep me off my feet. However, because of my re-inestations, I have alone 12 years with no sex at all because I am afraid of giving this to anyone. I want my doctors to admit me in the hospital and hook up an IV and posion me so I will kill the son of a bitches" these mites took my life from me. I cannot bear to live another day with scaching and bleeding all over myself. I have turned into the biggist bitch in Idaho. I I have spent thousands of dollars treating my house. and Know I am moving and burning all my piosessions I feel for each and every one of you people, I understand the feeling, and saddness you are faced with daily. I have raised my kids and all almost in college. Ias soon as my daughter graudates I plan to go to sleep and not wake up. The Mites have won. my suffering will be over very soon. Please do not judge me for giving up, I am covered head to toe with mites, and know I have then on my lips and in my nose. I have left a detailed WILL, that will tell the doctors to donate my body and the mites to science. I want someone to come-up with a cure for this infection. I hope and pray that my giving my life up for all of us will make at least one doctor to find a cure to this madness. I do not want your petty, I just want to stop suffering bites day and night. I have taken out 3 insurance policys for my children to benifeit from my death. I want them to remember me before I was infected, I do not want them to see me suffer anymore. I think my children understand and are okay with me sAYING GOOD-BYE. I know this must be very difficult for you to read this, but I want you to think about all of the suffering you are going through. What you need to do is throw everuything out or better yet burn all your clothes, burn your couches, chairs and hats, shoes. Start over buy everthing new the mites can live on wood as well as in furniture. I wanted america to know, that someone needs to find a cure for scabies. mayvbe the next person will have more staighth and a will to live. Last but not least reading your posts brings back nightmares after nightmare remembering all the nights I was going craxzy. but it made me remember there are people who are suffering just like me. Good luck to you all. and have a good year.
Pisted off in Idaho
casey

Burlington, IA

#16 Jun 28, 2012
scabies is the worst thing i've ever been through. I am praying for all of you, and i want to share my story and hope that
it can help you. I learned bits and pieces through blogs and threads and bug websites, and i am putting it all together to
shoot it directly to you at once.
1. washing and drying normally does not get them out of your clothes, you will get reinfected. I took wet clothes out of
the washer, put enough clothes to kinda fill a wal-mart plastic bag, i tied the handles closed, but not to where air can't
escape, and i microwaved them for 5 minutes. my clothes were steamy and hot. i tucked all zippers and metal fasteners
into the middle and rolled other clothes around them. I melted the zippers of about 5 jackets ... but it was worth getting
the scabies killed, then microwaved a whole load one bag at a time and threw them in the dryer.
2. pillows can be tied up in string tie garbage bags and pillow cases can go over them and changed out every day, or every
other day. top mattress zipped up in plastic mattress bags, at target 7-12 dollars. cover couches/furniture with vinyl
flannel backed tablecloths, you can even cover carpets with these, they are cheap and disposable and you don't have to
tape them down, cuz they stick on their own.
3. wash laundry in 3 capfuls of lysol, the borax did not help us at all.
4. PLEASE stay out of public places, i wore plastic gloves all the time, and only went to wal-mart and drive-thrus
occasionally.
5. do not bathe before using permethrin. an entomology website said that not bathing will keep the permethrin on your
skin longer and will not be absorbed. check it out for yourself ... google it.
6. use strong water/lysol to wipe down all surfaces, and mop with it too. vacuum everyday. you can feasibly be done
with scabies in 3 weeks.
7. 2 things we have found that will make you feel like things are crawling and itching you that are not scabies is some
MRSA, which is very common, and the black things that came out of our skin were fibers (disease called morgellons) that
a hospital confirmed with a lab test. these 2 things will make you feel like you have scabies. find a dermatologist, we saw
3 different ones, and the last one ended up being the best one that told me we didn't have scabies.
8. hepaclens - a pink soap that doctors use to wash up with before surgery, it's very antiseptic, please read all directions
very carefully, it can be very dangerous. wash with this everyday for 7 days, and leave it on your skin for a few minutes
before washing it off, do not get in mucus membranes, eyes, ears or mouth.
9. vacuum every day and bag up all furry/soft things. i had to bag up my children's toys, no fun.
10. permethrin will work, use it for 3 weeks. and continue to eliminate scabies from the environment to keep from getting
reinfected. I was severely infested, and i had us all do this: first day, permethrin ... 3 days later, ivermectin, 3 days later,
permethrin, 4 days later ivermectin and then 7 days later permethrin.
11. i rubbed olive oil on all of us after the bath, it will smother the mites that may be crawling on your skin. i use olive oil
to this day because it makes my skin soft and there are no chemicals ... it's pure. and it helps draw out morgellons fibers.
12. i used hand gel to itch ... i never itched a spot on my skin without putting handgel on my fingers first. and always
used gloves when handling infected laundry. and used plastic bags to tie up clean and dirty laundry, and meticulously
folded every dry load and put away before it could be infected
itchy_crawling

Falkirk, UK

#18 Dec 17, 2013
I have had scabies for 5 years now and nothing seems to work. Used the cream lots of times, doesn't work.I've washed all my clothing and bedding. I can't take it anymore the itching and crawling feeling is horrible :( what can I do?? Please help.
Anthony

Santee, CA

#19 Dec 24, 2013
I tried almost every remedy you can think of, IVERMECTIN is the only thing that worked! But that is only half the battle, not getting reinfected is the other part. I wore plastic gloves almost constantly (prob looked insane), wore clothes only once before washing on hottest setting, kept dirty clothes in plastic bag, put trash bags on car seats and wiped with Lysol daily, slept with 1 sheet and had a pillow cover that I wiped down daily with Lysol or something comparable (Lysol gets pretty costly), sprayed anything and everything that I came in contact with. Also I tried to get as much sleep as possible, walk a little everyday and take vitamins to try to boost my immune system. Hope this helps!
pregnant w scabies

Roswell, GA

#20 Dec 25, 2013
Anthony wrote:
I tried almost every remedy you can think of, IVERMECTIN is the only thing that worked! But that is only half the battle, not getting reinfected is the other part. I wore plastic gloves almost constantly (prob looked insane), wore clothes only once before washing on hottest setting, kept dirty clothes in plastic bag, put trash bags on car seats and wiped with Lysol daily, slI'mept with 1 sheet and had a pillow cover that I wiped down daily with Lysol or something comparable (Lysol gets pretty costly), sprayed anything and everything that I came in contact with. Also I tried to get as much sleep as possible, walk a little everyday and take vitamins to try to boost my immune system. Hope this helps!
Anthony how many times did you use the ivermectin

Since: Nov 13

Bend, OR

#22 Oct 5, 2014
pregnant w scabies wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony how many times did you use the ivermectin
Me I have had them for a year know this pinesol in the laundry and to wipe down you matress cover and your car seats floors etc anything you can use it for does wonders it kills these freakin things and now mine is well controlled

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Join the facebook group 4 hr Faeriefloss 7
The solution for scabies is Bleach. This is the... (Mar '12) 6 hr Geraldine 251
Scabies or Dust mites? 12 hr Barbraela 11
Lime sulfur 13 hr Barbraela 3
Join the organization to lobby for a cure of sk... 13 hr Fighting2years 1
how do i get rid of scabies once and for all? i... (Feb '07) 22 hr Adkisson 4,651
Need help Sat desperateHopeful 1
More from around the web