Posted in the Scabies Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Langoliers

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#1 Apr 19, 2012
I am wondering if in fact I have scabies first off my bite marks are 1 inch to 4 inch tracks, little thin lines some are lines on lines. I do have 2 or 3 red dots but mostly it's tracks. Nothing like the bore marks I see in the on line photos.
Thread thin lines most an inch or 2 long.
The skin swells a bit on each side of the thin cut. No zig zags and not all bumpy.
Mostly very thin lines. Also I got reinfected after opening a bag that was sealed for over 2 weeks. Scabie can only live 48 to 72 hours. So what do I have?

Langoliers

Location hidden

#2 Apr 19, 2012
I think I have bird mites.

Biting Mites or WHAT????

Humans and Animals Get Infected - Doctors have been unable to treat. Many Sufferers Are Finding Their Own Way Through What Works and What Doesn't

The "creepy crawly" sensation that so many people are suffering from can either be caused by Mites that Attack Humans

"This Thing that is on our skin isn't something that can be just lived with. It hurts, the itching never stops, the sores take months and months to heal ... and to feel something moving on your skin, eyes, in your hair, ears and nose and you can't get help.

This particular creature bores into human tissue to take up residence in the body. This parasite infects everybody in a household: humans and pets.

This organism is spreading fast. Although the highest rate of infections have been seen in California, Florida, Texas and Illinois -- these parasites have now infected people and animals in 50 US states.

The following are symptoms:

Itching skin and biting sensations resulting in bite marks and rashes.

Infestation can turn internal as well. These mites may enter nasal passages, lungs, intestines, ears and eyes.

Black specks, granules, fibers, hair, lint balls, lint coming out of your skin, burning, stinging, biting, crawling, iridescent crystals, microscopic hairs, wormlike creatures, hair-like creatures (the size of an eyelash to several inches long, and colors ranging from transparent to shiny black), bloody and/salt-like granules and threads, emerging from your skin.

Straight red lines (track marks) just under the skin are sometimes seen. A "crawling" sensation is repeatedly felt on the skin and scalp. Pin pricks.

Blood (reddish brown) spots can be seen which over time move from deep tissue areas to the surface of the skin.

One sufferer describes the organism as follows: "The "fed" ones are darker; "hungry" are translucent.

This is what the sufferers have to say:

"What in the hell is this?... Why can't it be killed?"

"Several people ... have tented their house. Can you imagine talking to someone who has tented their house 8 times and they say they still have bugs biting them?"

"One thing that several people have noticed is that you see little things that look like sesame seeds sprinkled around the house. We don't know what these are. Then we see the black specks on our skin, white specks that roll off the skin"

A simple "black light" shows where these things are. Once you see these "things" with the black light, up your nose, in your eye lashes, all over your hair and skin you get really good at finding them inside the house. If it wasn't for the black light I think I would be blind by now. I don't have them in my eye lashes any more because I get up every morning and clean them out and put baby oil on my eye lashes and around my eyes.

Thousands of people are now spraying their skin with Clorox. Many have used chemicals that even I haven't had the nerve to put on me. Mothers are spraying their children's heads with Raid!! Oh yes, we are very afraid for our health. They are using everything they can get their hands on.

We are all seeing doctors and no one has any answers. Nothing seems to kill it.
Sufferers have pretty much isolated themselves except for bare necessities and hospitalizations.

When we first started out down this nightmarish road we all went to the "doctors"..... We put their creams that they prescribed on us. We might as well have rubbed water on these "Things".

The people that have this are trying to fight back. This is so life altering. We are afraid and we have to support each other at times when we collapse under the huge fear that this brings to every minute of our lives.

Moving: Many people moved to get away from this infestation; however, they simply took the organism with them. One woman in California moved 8 times in the last year; she sold her vehicle and kept moving on; and yet, she couldn't get rid of this parasite.

Langoliers

Location hidden

#3 Apr 19, 2012
Biting Mites or WHAT????

Humans and Animals Get Infected - Doctors have been unable to treat. Many Sufferers Are Finding Their Own Way Through
What Works and What Doesn't

An unidentified organism is infesting more and more homes across the country and is making the life of sufferers unbearable.

Indestructible mites or bacteria -- the next global epidemic? Decide for yourself ...

The "creepy crawly" sensation that so many people are suffering from can either be caused by bug infections (microscopic or visible by plain sight) or by a fairly new condition called "Morgellon's Disease" with emerging fibers from patients' skins. If you might have Morgellon's Disease, please visit this website for information.

Mites that Attack Humans - Information about mites that attack humans and products available to fight them specifically geared towards the offending

Symptoms ... Comments by Sufferers ... Treatment Options & Useful Web Resources & Forums ...What Didn't Help ... Causes ... Related News Articles / Videos

"This Thing that is on our skin isn't something that can be just lived with. It hurts, the itching never stops, the sores take months and months to heal ... and to feel something moving on your skin, eyes, in your hair, ears and nose and you can't get help ... " ... Further Comments

This particular creature bores into human tissue to take up residence in the body. This parasite infects everybody in a household: humans and pets. In one household, for example, two beloved pet dogs had to be euthanized after extensive veterinary care was unable to relieve their constant itching and discomfort. The owner describes that their pets were even scratching themselves when they were asleep.

Different theories exist: One is that a bird mite morphed to accept mammals, including humans, dogs, cats and wildlife. Others believe that there are several species of parasites that may be involved.

This organism is spreading fast. Although the highest rate of infections have been seen in California, Florida, Texas and Illinois -- these parasites have now infected people and animals in 50 US states.

Unfortunately, the CDC is just beginning research on these parasites and physicians are totally inexperienced with their treatment. There are no diagnostic tests available.

The CDC has setup an e-mail address for people to ask questions, because of the volume of calls following the reports that aired on KENS 5 in May. That e-mail address is [email protected]

Research is needed to identify this parasite and find ways to control it.

"Doctors can't treat those diseases:'... most insurance plans will not pay for anything that is not an already established disease with an already established meds protocol.' The CDC must issue an "Investigative Medical Protocol Allowance, which the insurance companies will adhere to. This prevents regular doctors with normal fees from helping us because they are afraid that they will get in trouble. I have been told this first hand by more than one doctor. " Randy - http://unknownskindisease.com/

The following are symptoms:

Itching skin and biting sensations resulting in bite marks and rashes.

Infestation can turn internal as well. These mites may enter nasal passages, lungs, intestines, ears and eyes.

Black specks, granules, fibers, hair, lint balls, lint coming out of your skin, burning, stinging, biting, crawling, iridescent crystals, microscopic hairs, wormlike creatures, hair-like creatures (the size of an eyelash to several inches long, and colors ranging from transparent to shiny black), bloody and/salt-like granules and threads, emerging from your skin.

Intestinal discomfort begins or slight anal discomfort

Straight red lines (track marks) just under the skin are sometimes seen. A "crawling" sensation is repeatedly felt on the skin and scalp

Fatigue and lowered resistance to disease develops over time. Localized muscle pains occur. Sharp, painful tinges in tissue are felt.

Langoliers

Location hidden

#5 Apr 19, 2012
What Caused It & How You Can Protect Yourself:

The common thread is exposure to molds, chemicals, toxins in our food, the environment in and outside of the home

Direct or Indirect Contact with Wildlife:
Abandoned birds nests in roof
Direct contact with wild bird nests
Ccleaning out bird feeders (always wear rubber gloves when maintaining feeders; disinfect bird feeders using bleach. Wood feeders can't be disinfected and are susceptible to mite infestations. I would not use them at all. Shower after you handled bird feeders; or at least wash your hands and arms thoroughly. Wash your clothes in as hot as water as possible, with Clorox added. Alternatively, pre-soaking in Clorox water and then washing would be an effective way of killing any mites.
Don't handle any wildlife. If you need to help injured wildlife, put on gloves, handle with care, shower afterwards; wash the clothes you wore.

Mice-infested garages or storage sheds
Don't attract mice to your garage by storing your bird food there. Mice are not as likely to become a problem in your garage or storage area if there is nothing for them to eat. Take steps to eliminate rodents from your home, including garages.

Infested housing: Some people moved into an infested home
Termite tent your house, remove carpeting ... Follow steps in this section to get rid of mites in your home and yourself.

Many have reported water damage inside the home, mold and/or fungus growth.

Many others report after gardening, working with soil or having compost delivered.

Karen points out that as the popularity of down in NEW sofas, pillows and comforters has risen, so have the online complaints about mite infestations. Bird mites might be coming into the home from the down items themselves, if some companies are not scrupulous about removing mites from the feathers and down they use in manufacturing. It has been suggested many times that down might give a "home" to mites. The only way to get rid of the mites may be to eliminate all down products from an infested home and then to treat the homes. She feels that we might be able to avoid future mite infestations when considering purchasing a new pillow, sofa, comforter and so on.

A significant number of people report seeing numerous flies in and around their home environment prior to onset.

Health care workers, nurses and those who work in nursing homes also report a high incidence of this illness.

People who work in housing renovation, under houses and plumbing also show increased susceptibility to this disease.
"In the News"& Relevant Websites

GreenAndHealthy.Info strives to maintain accurate and up-to-date information; however, mistakes do happen. If you would like to correct or update any of the information, please send us an e-mail. THANK YOU!

Langoliers

Location hidden

#6 Apr 19, 2012
augustmidwest wrote:
<quoted text>research the size and color of bird mite
I have researched size and they are roughly the same size more less as Scabie mites. It the straight lines that is to me the give away Scabies zig zags Lines bird mites straight lines. Also bird mites get in the scalp ears and nose ( per the Docotors) scabies don't go above the neck.
Of course

Hollywood, FL

#7 Apr 19, 2012
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
I have researched size and they are roughly the same size more less as Scabie mites. It the straight lines that is to me the give away Scabies zig zags Lines bird mites straight lines. Also bird mites get in the scalp ears and nose ( per the Docotors) scabies don't go above the neck.
Wrong. Bird mites are larger than scabies mites. Most can be seen with the naked eye; although there are some species of bird mites that are micorosopic. Scabies mites do infest above the neck, scalp, etc. Where did you get your information that bird ites cause "straight" lines? Show me a link, please. This is not true.
Of course

Hollywood, FL

#8 Apr 19, 2012
http://birdmites.org/
This ia a very informative website on bird mites.

Langoliers

Location hidden

#9 Apr 19, 2012
Well if I don't have bird mites what do I have with each bite being a straight track mark. I once had like 5 track marks side by side with one track mark crossing them all. I bleached the area and it killed them. But I do not see Scabie pictures showing straight track marks as the main thin showing on the skin.

Langoliers

Location hidden

#10 Apr 19, 2012
Straight track marks, mites in the nose, ears, and hair. Opening bags that were sealed for over two week and getting bit up again. It all adds up to something others then scabies.
Of course

Hollywood, FL

#11 Apr 19, 2012
You may have a resistant strain of scabies, possibly a wild animal mite. There are many strains of sarcoptic mites out there. Some last longer in the environment than others. The canine scabie mite can live up to 21 days off the host. Depends on the environment, humidity, etc.
Scabies mites can create a "straight" burrow. Even though the literature states that different animal mites do not breed on humans, this is simply not the case. These mites are zoonotic.
Langoliers

Dallas, TX

#13 Apr 20, 2012
Of course wrote:
http://birdmites.org/
This ia a very informative website on bird mites.
What cuts straight 1 to 4 inch lines?

And can never die!!!!!!!!!!
Langoliers

United States

#15 Apr 20, 2012
augustmidwest wrote:
<quoted text>The mites can travel 2.5 cm in a minute. When they are dying they release the enzymes they use to bore holes in you while they are in panic mode, this leaves the long track mark.
Are sure about that. It does sound right I put bleach every track mark and they die away never to return. I was giving the bleach the credit for killing them but if what you say is right then it's the horse paste that's sending them into a frenzy and killing them. We get the most activity (straight lines) after a horse paste treatment.

Langoliers

Location hidden

#18 Apr 22, 2012
augustmidwest wrote:
oh my, there's a mutant gene

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18380658
I thought my Vssc genes were good to go now I have to go back and check them.

Langoliers

Location hidden

#19 Apr 22, 2012
Seeing as I don't know how to post my picture of the straight lines these things are cutting into me does anyone else out there have the straight lines rather then the red bumps or red pimple lines?
fighting the battle

Wapakoneta, OH

#20 Apr 22, 2012
Langoliers wrote:
Seeing as I don't know how to post my picture of the straight lines these things are cutting into me does anyone else out there have the straight lines rather then the red bumps or red pimple lines?
I have the lines but am trying to figure out if it is the critters or from me scratching?..I dont get the lines until i forget an scratch then i have the lines?
But yep i too get the red lines ugh!

Langoliers

Location hidden

#21 Apr 22, 2012
I had one bump rising out of my arm that night I was waken to an all out attack. I bleached them then perm on them next morning I had red lines not coming from the red dot but just within inches of the red bump. One spot had 7 lines side by side and then one crossing them all. All in all I had about 15 lines on that arm all around that bump. Some of the lines were 4 to 5 inches long. Most 2 inches all killed by the bleach and perm I spot treated.

Langoliers

Location hidden

#22 Apr 23, 2012
Langoliers wrote:
I had one bump rising out of my arm that night I was waken to an all out attack. I bleached them then perm on them next morning I had red lines not coming from the red dot but just within inches of the red bump. One spot had 7 lines side by side and then one crossing them all. All in all I had about 15 lines on that arm all around that bump. Some of the lines were 4 to 5 inches long. Most 2 inches all killed by the bleach and perm I spot treated.
has anyone had this type of bite/track marks.

Langoliers

Location hidden

#23 Apr 24, 2012
Is anyone still out there?

Or has the scabies won and I am left all alone.......

I am Legend!!!
aardvark

Clarkston, MI

#25 Apr 27, 2012
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
What cuts straight 1 to 4 inch lines?
And can never die!!!!!!!!!!
FINGERNAILS at 5 am?? I like riddles. Hows it going langol :)Hope youre ok today , srsly :)

Langoliers

Location hidden

#26 Apr 28, 2012
aardvark wrote:
<quoted text>FINGERNAILS at 5 am?? I like riddles. Hows it going langol :)Hope youre ok today , srsly :)
Going good just got back from the dermatologist and found out some important info

Fist off he stated and get this he knows what's he is talking about he have curd thousands of cases of scabies. He knows for sure what scabies look like I did not have scabies. He said while all insect bites look about the same you have understand the size of what is biting you. Scabies are very very small their track lines are also small 1/8 inch mostly. There is no way they could have cut those 3 inch tracks I have.

I never got bit on the genitals. Scabies always goes there. The getting bit in the eye is not real it a body reaction to the ivermectin same as the ears and scalp. He looked at all of it no scabies, skin rashes from he was not sure because I did not tell him I way taking bleach baths and borax bath etc but he knew more less that's what's it's from. Scabies just don't go above the neck line because of the different body temp.

Bit happening during the really are not happening when you feel them. They happened at night and to explain it the easy way your body just takes time to react to them because of the huge on slot and how long the battle has been going on. You body is getting screwed up!

Bottom line is the good news I don't have anything living on me.

The Bad news BED BUGS are far worse then scabies they are like a super bug. They can live 1 year with out feeding. They hide in deep dark niches where bug spray can't get them.

I went to New York to work one restoration after the hurricane this is most Likely how I got them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
the cure is so simple, I can't believe it...... (Jan '11) 48 min Anon 1,400
how do i get rid of scabies once and for all? i... (Feb '07) 2 hr Wanda 4,639
Morgellons and Scabies....they are VERY SIMILAR 8 hr Convicted nor con... 4
Sam? Do scabies crawl OUTSIDE the skin when pe... (Dec '07) 13 hr miserable time 27
Can I Mix Permethrin 10% with Lotion to make 5%... (Jul '09) 13 hr 1234skinny 68
it is not scabies it is carpet beetles 16 hr Harry 7
small tiny clear bumps...looks like something i... (Jul '08) 17 hr John 36
ivermectin dosage chart and info (Oct '11) Fri Self Doc 798
More from around the web