What are your symptoms?

What are your symptoms?

Posted in the Scabies Forum

lolly

Lake Charles, LA

#1 Jul 17, 2014
Are scabies purely microscopic creatures?

If so, I'm curious about a few things. Has anyone else noticed tiny black specks?

Maybe not so tiny black specks that actually look like mites?

If so, does anyone know what the specks are? baby mites? mite excrement?

Does anyone else have bumps near the burrow marks? What is that?

Has anyone else noticed odd and unusual symptoms other than these?
Johnnie

United States

#2 Jul 17, 2014
lolly wrote:
If so, I'm curious about a few things. Has anyone else noticed tiny black specks?
Black specs, crawling, pin pricks, scalp/feet/face involvement, scratch marks, paper cuts. It never ends no matter how many scabies treatments you do. This is morgellons disease and yes unfortunately it is very real.
Worried

Abilene, TX

#3 Jul 17, 2014
Johnnie wrote:
<quoted text>
Black specs, crawling, pin pricks, scalp/feet/face involvement, scratch marks, paper cuts. It never ends no matter how many scabies treatments you do. This is morgellons disease and yes unfortunately it is very real.
I probably have Morgellons because I have every one of those symptoms. I've looked at countless images of the scabies rash, but none of them look like mine. I don't see the burrows, but I thought maybe I was breaking them down by scratching constantly. My hands and feet are clear, yet I have the hard pinpricks on the tops of my feet. Every once in a while, I will have tiny "paper cuts" on my hands that go away in 2-3 days. I started getting what I thought was impetigo on my hands last year. These blister-like sores would come and go. My doctor examined my hands when I told him what was happening. I think I know why he was looking at the webbing between my fingers.(He was probably thinking I had scabies then.) He tested me for Lupus. I noticed it on my exam sheet when I was paying the bill. He never said anything to me about scabies or lupus. Sometimes I get welts that look like blisters on my face. These also go away on their own. I just thought it was allergies. Is it possible to have scabies or Morgellons for a year or more and not know it?
Johnnie

United States

#4 Jul 17, 2014
Worried wrote:
<quoted text>
I probably have Morgellons because I have every one of those symptoms. I've looked at countless images of the scabies rash, but none of them look like mine. I don't see the burrows, but I thought maybe I was breaking them down by scratching constantly. My hands and feet are clear, yet I have the hard pinpricks on the tops of my feet. Every once in a while, I will have tiny "paper cuts" on my hands that go away in 2-3 days. I started getting what I thought was impetigo on my hands last year. These blister-like sores would come and go. My doctor examined my hands when I told him what was happening. I think I know why he was looking at the webbing between my fingers.(He was probably thinking I had scabies then.) He tested me for Lupus. I noticed it on my exam sheet when I was paying the bill. He never said anything to me about scabies or lupus. Sometimes I get welts that look like blisters on my face. These also go away on their own. I just thought it was allergies. Is it possible to have scabies or Morgellons for a year or more and not know it?
Pin pricks are a common sensation with spirochete infection. 95 percent of people with morgellons test positive for Lyme disease. Get to a Lyme literate doctor and get tested for Lyme and confections.
Worried

Abilene, TX

#5 Jul 18, 2014
Johnnie wrote:
<quoted text>
Pin pricks are a common sensation with spirochete infection. 95 percent of people with morgellons test positive for Lyme disease. Get to a Lyme literate doctor and get tested for Lyme and confections.
My GP has referred me to a dermatologist. He stated that he's not sure why "I keep getting infected". I don't believe I was cured. Whenever I start to heal, the rash shows up in a different place. He said he doesn't believe I have Lyme disease. I asked him if the dermatologist would test me for Lyme disease. All he said was that the dermatologist will test me if he thinks that's what I have. I'm honestly disappointed and a bit shocked that he didn't/wouldn't do the test himself. He told me that he contracted scabies from a patient, so I'm pretty sure he could tell the difference between a flea and the scabies mite if he'd bothered to look at what I brought under a microscope. The lab is only a few doors down from his office. I felt like he just wanted to get rid of me.

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#6 Jul 18, 2014
lolly wrote:
the bumps near the burrows are moulting pouches. If you have these then you have active mites breeding and going through their moulting cycle.
pretty crazy

Jackson Heights, NY

#7 Jul 18, 2014
Scabiesxnightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
the bumps near the burrows are moulting pouches. If you have these then you have active mites breeding and going through their moulting cycle.
interesting post.

SXN, i wonder how you learned or figured this out. you have made posts about albenz that i disagree with, everyone's entitled of course, but here you're talking with authority about the organism and applying an entomological perspective and concluding A+B=C.

so could you elaborate on this for me? i get the moulting part, moulting has to happen before breeding. you say these pouches house nymphs? i ask because i did a systemic protocol that has eliminated everything, but a few soft, inoccuous bumps near a curvy line remain along my hairline. I am suspicious that these are nymphs "stuck" in a moulting pattern that is reversible over time.

what are your thoughts on this?
lolly

Pearland, TX

#8 Jul 18, 2014
@worried
I've read that bringing the doctor any sort of mite or evidence can be considered a symptom of delusional parasitosis. It's called the "matchbox" syndrome.(which seems stupid because if a doctor really wants to understand your symptoms that would be useful information).
I had a dermatologist who was very mean to me. I actually broke down and wept in her office because she was convinced I was scratching my arms and causing the symptoms.(It itched, I scratched, that I didn't deny). She felt if I stopped scratching it would all go away. She did a biopsy and said the result came back negative, that there was nothing there. That was one of the most confusing and painful parts of this, not knowing what's going on. But, since then I've read that people can have negative biopsies and still be infected.
That's one symptom I will mention, the constant worrying, the fretting over my skin, it's completely disrupted my life. I have this sense of dread and deep fear about the fact that I don't know what's happening to me. The fear element is powerful. I feel so afraid to see the burrows and bumps and wonder what it is under my skin. It's awful.
But, I remind myself these are tiny little things that are harmless and keep faith that I am getting well. I do think strengthening your immune system is important and am considering changing my diet to be more healthy overall.
After i went to the mean dermatologist I went to a psychiatrist. I thought I had to be losing my mind. He prescribed a anti-depressant, which has helped. But, it didn't go away (yet). He did say that sometimes people get preoccupied with things like this, even to the point of unknowingly creating or aggravating an illness, and then that thing because the focus of all their problems and anxiety. They think "If only I could get rid of these parasites (or whatever) my life would be healed." But he said the anxiety was there all along, the person just has focused all their stress and anxiety on this one problem.
Anyway, the mental aspect, the anxiety and fear and part of the package for me. I hope this helps.

Location hidden

#11 Jul 19, 2014
pretty crazy wrote:
<quoted text>
interesting post.
SXN, i wonder how you learned or figured this out. you have made posts about albenz that i disagree with, everyone's entitled of course, but here you're talking with authority about the organism and applying an entomological perspective and concluding A+B=C.
so could you elaborate on this for me? i get the moulting part, moulting has to happen before breeding. you say these pouches house nymphs? i ask because i did a systemic protocol that has eliminated everything, but a few soft, inoccuous bumps near a curvy line remain along my hairline. I am suspicious that these are nymphs "stuck" in a moulting pattern that is reversible over time.
what are your thoughts on this?
Hi PC,

I was told by someone I was with that he had contracted scabies. Over the next 6 weeks I developed bumps that formed in a grid like pattern all up the back of my thighs ( when I ran my hands along them I could feel them, and they were flesh colored, not red. The most obvious ones were around the inner part of my knees. They were located near red/purple squiggly lines that covered all inside my knees.

After I treated with the standard medicines approved for scabies, these bumps eventually cleared up and my burrows started to thin out. I do not have scabies anymore but have remnants of red squiggly lines and the bumps finally cleared - took a while.

From this I was able to deduct that bumps in a grid like pattern reflected active mite populations.

I made one comment on the use of an unapproved drug. I also am against bleaching, drinking borax, injecting ivermeticin, windex and over the top treating. The argument here is resistant scabies need such drastic action, so I understand this but I do not like it.

Most people on here need to understand that you need to treat regularly and then be prepared to suffer for around 2-3 months before your clear of post scabies. If you have pets or other people infected you need make sure they are treated.

So, patterns of bumps that are not fading are scabies. Other bumps are follicles and blocked pores. I say all this from experience.

All the best

:D
pretty crazy

Jackson Heights, NY

#12 Jul 19, 2014
thank you SXN. I appreciate your thorough remarks.

I don't know. My thinking is to be proactive about this seemingly lifeless morphology. It is definitely not fading in shape or form. It's been ~three weeks since I took any Valbazen.

To be clear, I don't think I have scabies, at least not the strain that the CDC/AMA/WHO are familiar with. I do/did have some kind of parasite; biopsy was pos for arthropod. Your signs were light years away from mine. Mine were itchy, fluid-filled pinholes on fully exposed skin, red streaks (a non-raised, very transient dermatographia), and blepharitis. Eye involvement is common with other human parasites, ie river blindness, but not reported in scabies. The only place I see this remaining structure is on my face, it could be elsewhere, ie back, scalp, etc., because It doesn't itch.

Thank you again, so much, for helping me think through this.

Location hidden

#13 Jul 19, 2014
Hi PC,

good luck with it all.

For those marking my posts as clueless etc your trolls. I went through everything that all scabies sufferers went through and 1 year on I am all clear. So stop hating.
pretty crazy

Jackson Heights, NY

#16 Jul 20, 2014
SXN!! look at the pic at top left in this link.

http://www.realself.com/question/rid-unsightl...

this is what i see on me,'cept mine doesn't pulse (not sure if the pic is that of the person complaining abt pulsing).

This is exactly what mine looks like. pretty crazy, right???

reading to the bottom, the concensus is it's an artery and must be left alone. so i do nothing.

back to "time will tell"

oddly, all the doctors have 5 stars. makes me a little suspicious of the page, but the advice appears sound.

thanks, lolly, for starting this thread.
pretty crazy

Jackson Heights, NY

#17 Jul 20, 2014
... that'd be 'consensus'.
Worried

Abilene, TX

#18 Jul 20, 2014
lolly wrote:
@worried
I've read that bringing the doctor any sort of mite or evidence can be considered a symptom of delusional parasitosis. It's called the "matchbox" syndrome.(which seems stupid because if a doctor really wants to understand your symptoms that would be useful information).
I had a dermatologist who was very mean to me. I actually broke down and wept in her office because she was convinced I was scratching my arms and causing the symptoms.(It itched, I scratched, that I didn't deny). She felt if I stopped scratching it would all go away. She did a biopsy and said the result came back negative, that there was nothing there. That was one of the most confusing and painful parts of this, not knowing what's going on. But, since then I've read that people can have negative biopsies and still be infected.
That's one symptom I will mention, the constant worrying, the fretting over my skin, it's completely disrupted my life. I have this sense of dread and deep fear about the fact that I don't know what's happening to me. The fear element is powerful. I feel so afraid to see the burrows and bumps and wonder what it is under my skin. It's awful.
But, I remind myself these are tiny little things that are harmless and keep faith that I am getting well. I do think strengthening your immune system is important and am considering changing my diet to be more healthy overall.
After i went to the mean dermatologist I went to a psychiatrist. I thought I had to be losing my mind. He prescribed a anti-depressant, which has helped. But, it didn't go away (yet). He did say that sometimes people get preoccupied with things like this, even to the point of unknowingly creating or aggravating an illness, and then that thing because the focus of all their problems and anxiety. They think "If only I could get rid of these parasites (or whatever) my life would be healed." But he said the anxiety was there all along, the person just has focused all their stress and anxiety on this one problem.
Anyway, the mental aspect, the anxiety and fear and part of the package for me. I hope this helps.
Thanks for the kind words. I typed out a pretty long reply and it just disappeared. I'm not sure what's going on as I'm not the only one who's noticed posts not updating. My log in name is HumanPincushion, but I've had better luck getting my posts to show up when I'm not logged in. The post count on this thread is messed up. The two missing numbers are my comments. I didn't break any rules, so I don't know why they'd be deleted. I'll post more later. Hope you're having a good day/night!
pretty crazy

Jackson Heights, NY

#19 Jul 20, 2014
Worried wrote:
<quoted text>
My log in name is HumanPincushion, but I've had better luck getting my posts to show up when I'm not logged in. The post count on this thread is messed up. The two missing numbers are my comments. I didn't break any rules, so I don't know why they'd be deleted.
aren't you also nightmarescabies?

the moderators are not deleting your posts. you have a browser or other technical problem.
Worried

Abilene, TX

#20 Jul 20, 2014
pretty crazy wrote:
<quoted text>
aren't you also nightmarescabies?
the moderators are not deleting your posts. you have a browser or other technical problem.
No, I have only posted as HumanPincushion and Worried.

I don't think I have a browser issue. Can you see posts #9 and #10? Normally when I post, I see what I posted, but the main forum page doesn't always update. It got to the point that my posts were just disappearing when I was logged in. I saw that a couple of posters said they had lost their whole post. One of them mentioned that they "timed out". I didn't know there was a time limit, and I never go over the character limit. This is the only forum I've ever had a problem with. There are some that have a little bit of a waiting period before you can post again, but I believe that's to prevent spam. I think on those, it's only a minute or two. I tried replying to Ashleyshere the other day and finally gave up. One time I copied and pasted my reply. A little later, I just typed it again. No go. I hope this one shows up.:-)
pretty crazy

Jackson Heights, NY

#22 Jul 20, 2014
Worried wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think I have a browser issue. Can you see posts #9 and #10? Normally when I post, I see what I posted, but the main forum page doesn't always update. It got to the point that my posts were just disappearing when I was logged in..:-)
I don't log in. Yet it happens to me too, esp if I post first thing in am but hadn't shut down the nite B4. i use an outdated internet explorer on an XP. if i restart, it doesn't continue to happen.

what i do to combat the problem, i just copy my post before i leave the page, then i paste it somewhere in Word where i can retrieve it later if it didn't "take".

the mods take at least 6 to 8 hours to remove a post. sometimes longer. once they took a whole bunch of posts down at my request within 10 minutes, but that was cuz i was being given special consideration (had a mod assigned to me and it was during the mod's working hours). Removal of a post is done by hand, upon metadata analysis.

Location hidden

#23 Jul 20, 2014
pretty crazy wrote:
SXN!! look at the pic at top left in this link.
http://www.realself.com/question/rid-unsightl...
this is what i see on me,'cept mine doesn't pulse (not sure if the pic is that of the person complaining abt pulsing).
This is exactly what mine looks like. pretty crazy, right???
reading to the bottom, the concensus is it's an artery and must be left alone. so i do nothing.
back to "time will tell"
oddly, all the doctors have 5 stars. makes me a little suspicious of the page, but the advice appears sound.
thanks, lolly, for starting this thread.
Hey PC,

I read on another thread about the dark specks, they were deemed to be springtails, which you can actually see and they jump around when they mature ( splinter like size) which creates a pin prick effect.

Raised white tracks are known to be scabies but other anthropods can create these. Take a spec and look under the micro scope.
pretty crazy

Jackson Heights, NY

#24 Jul 21, 2014
Scabiesxnightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey PC,
I read on another thread about the dark specks, they were deemed to be springtails, which you can actually see and they jump around when they mature ( splinter like size) which creates a pin prick effect.
Raised white tracks are known to be scabies but other anthropods can create these. Take a spec and look under the micro scope.
i can't relate at all to these dark or black specks. i never had a sign like that one. whatever i had did not match any pictures anywhere on the net, until this one on my forehead, which is an artery feeding my hair. never in eight years did i have rash or raised bumps in a "grid". pinholes arranged along a cut line is the best description. they would raise of course when i would scratch and inflame them.

apropo humanpincushion. lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
it is not scabies it is carpet beetles (Apr '16) 13 hr surfmaiden 12
How do you get rid of Scabies if keep poking yo... (Oct '11) Tue Suppitschele 52
have you had scabies for years post here. (Jul '10) Mon JustSaying 42
How long does Ivermectin take to work? (Mar '10) Apr 21 Shannon33538 243
Colloidal Silver (Jan '17) Apr 20 DeV 2
Turpentine (Oct '10) Apr 20 Claris 32
100% true cure for scabies/ dont waste money a... (Jan '14) Apr 20 Nurse 29