Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#83 Jul 5, 2012
sweetkitten wrote:
I've suffered with Scabies for almost five years and it does not go away by itself. I've tried every medical and home remedy with no cure.
I wish you the best. I hope you get better. I hope the same for all of us. Keep us updated on your progress. You are giving me hope.
Anxious

Rochester, NY

#84 Nov 8, 2012
Bitey wrote:
Hey we are all grouchy due to lack of sleep and spending all day cleaning and washing laundry. But lets not take it out on each other. I think SCABIES is both a NOUN and a CONDITION so both ways of saying it could be OK.
But when we start putting each other down, well that goes too far. We are all (most of us anyway) suffering.
So lets just share and if we cannot say anything nice or supportive then lets not say it at all!usetet
Thank You sjl! I'm a newly diagnosed scabies walker. I thought I couldn't sleep before I found out and now that I know I can't even relax let alone sleep! I saw a nurse practitioner at my college who informed me to wash all my clothes and bedding and prescribed me permethrin. I'm literally using it tonight for the first time.

Reading all of these forums and posts online I felt like I was doomed as well. I didn't even want to tell my sister who I live with because I never see her or hug her much anyways (which is sad and after treatment I should hug her more often)and I'm so afraid of infecting everyone and this never going away.That is until I just read your post, literally everywhere online anyone besides a doctor says that its uncurable!

I hope i have the same experience as you. For all of you who haven't been able to get rid of scabies because its a more resistant strain or you were mislead by doctors, I wish the best of luck to you and I hope that If mine turns out hard to treat there will be people like you to help. Thanks again sjl you have no idea how encouraging this is for me.
Anxious

Rochester, NY

#85 Nov 8, 2012
sjl wrote:
I told myself that if I ever got rid of scabies, I would post here to give people some peace of mind. First, if you have been diagnosed with scabies, DO NOT READ THESE FORUMS! I am serious. It will only make you go crazy; half the stuff on here is crap from people who have either already gone scabies-crazy or don't know what they're talking about.
Here's what happened to me:
I started getting itchy bumps in September. First time the doctor told me it was a viral rash that would go away on its own. A month later, he said it was folliculitis and gave me antibiotics. A few weeks later when it didn't go away, he gave me stronger antibiotics (not fun). I finally convinced him to treat me for scabies in case that's what it was.
Beginning in December, I did four applications of permethrin, each one week apart. For each of the first two times, I used half of the 60g tube. The last two times, I used a whole tube each time. I washed my bedding after each application, and all my clothes in hot water and dried on high heat.
But here's the kicker: YOU WILL STILL GET BUMPS EVEN WHEN YOU'RE CURED. There is actually medical research on this. You continue to get bumps for about eight weeks after treatment. This is an allergic reaction to the mites and eggs being pushed out of your body. The bumps may or may not itch, but it's not the same as scabies itching, and they usually go away quickly (i.e. by the next day).
Yes, I kept getting concerned that scabies was back, that I was not cured, but it has now been almost three months since I began treatment and I assure you, they are gone. No more itching, red bumps or anything. Don't despair, it will go away through normal treatment. You just have to be patient and realize that once you've done permethrin, you will still get bumps for awhile, but it's not scabies!
And stop reading these forums! Hope that helps.
Thank You sjl! I'm a newly diagnosed scabies walker. I thought I couldn't sleep before I found out and now that I know I can't even relax let alone sleep! I saw a nurse practitioner at my college who informed me to wash all my clothes and bedding and prescribed me permethrin. I'm literally using it tonight for the first time.

Reading all of these forums and posts online I felt like I was doomed as well. I didn't even want to tell my sister who I live with because I never see her or hug her much anyways (which is sad and after treatment I should hug her more often)and I'm so afraid of infecting everyone and this never going away.That is until I just read your post, literally everywhere online anyone besides a doctor says that its uncurable!

I hope i have the same experience as you. For all of you who haven't been able to get rid of scabies because its a more resistant strain or you were mislead by doctors, I wish the best of luck to you and I hope that If mine turns out hard to treat there will be people like you to help. Thanks again sjl you have no idea how encouraging this is for me.
ARG

Kathmandu, Nepal

#87 Dec 21, 2012
i got that too but i didn't seek for any medical treatment i just went 2 a clinic and brought a anti-scabies lotion(i don't really know it's name) and used it for 3 or 4 days and now they are all gone !! DONT WORRY
figuredout

Nigeria

#88 Dec 21, 2012
IZOCONFUSED wrote:
I agree with Itchygirl and PATTY!
You people who posted have NOT had this for "3" years!!! Itchygirl and Patty have had this for several years as well.
If I experienced what you did as well, I would agree with you. However, I was misdiagnosed - so here I am - doing research, talking to others going thru the same problem, etc. Learning new things to try, etc.
If you are CURED, WHY DID YOU COME TO THIS FORUM? JUST TO CAUSE HAVOC AND CALL US DELUSIONAL LIKE THE DR'S LIKE TO DO?
Well, I can SHOW YOU DELUSIONAL ALL OVER MY BODY!!!
Are you feeling creepy, crawly and delusional now, yourself? I SURE HOPE SO!!!!
Again, why did you come here to this forum if you are CURED??????
Having a supossedely curable and treatable disease is not fun. after some monthes its depressing and isolating. We assume doctors know everything, they dont. In these modern times when GM crops and pesticides are causing mites and insects to morph and target different food sources or hosts, anything is possible. I read about a lady using alfalfa tabs in her bath and i researched it, i believe the medicine they use on this plant to cure it from its own scabies,(a penicillin based insecticide or funguside) may do the trick but , i tried it and also stopped using bleach, antibacterial, tea tree,(because the penicillin and it needs to work alone.) I bath with crushed alfalfa tabs and only, and use penicillin cream all over my body at night , also took bactrin(as this stubborn scabies is fungus based)the cream does not relieve itch so take asprin or herbal sleeping tablet.
One more question; At what point should we QUIT trying to find a cure? Our bodies are covered from head to toe, mine diagnosed by an Infectious Disease Dr who is sending me to a University Hospital. So, is THAT delusional?
You people who come onto these forums and PREACH need to stay away!
So, did Vann send you here? Ha, ha, ha!! Nice try!
IZO
this stubburn form of scabies is depressing and isolating. Doctors dont know everything. With GM crops and mass insecticeds parasites are morphing and finding new hosts. I saw a post of a lady using alfalfa tabs(like every other desperate person i have used everything and wasted money and prayed to be free of this) i tried it and looked up alfalfa to know what property is killing the scabies(the alfalfa plant also gets a form of fungal scabies and is treated with a penicillin based insectiside,that may be curing it. I stopped all chemicals, bleach, tea tree , etc because it will kill penicillin, i bathed only with 6 crushed alfalfa tabs and soaked until bugs came out ,probably some eggs too, i shaved all my hair with a razor , not my head, lol. then after im dry i use penicillin cream all over , and it smells earthy.if cant get cream in african store or chemist just empty penicillin caps in vaseline. this does not stop itch and my initially cause small bumbs as they die. take pain killer to sleep, use diaper rash cream and powder or alveeno in daytime, i took bactrn ten days also . slowly it was healed in 2 weeks keep up same treatment daily . i even soaked my clothes in alfalfa tabs(powerful parasite killer).good luck
figuredout

Nigeria

#89 Dec 21, 2012
This epidemic has made me more involved against GM crops and food. We cant just allow the parasites to kill us , so we are spending much money and time, i wont be surprised if its biological weapon type disease making pharmacital companies rich. The same billionaires who are shareholder on to chemical companies are also invested in weapons and war. Its absurd that someone can tell you your delusional, and thousands with same symptons. Even if we are all dellusiional, i will believe that those involved in mind control ,HAARP etc are just laughing. Who would wish this on themselves?
figuredout

Nigeria

#90 Dec 21, 2012
ARG wrote:
i got that too but i didn't seek for any medical treatment i just went 2 a clinic and brought a anti-scabies lotion(i don't really know it's name) and used it for 3 or 4 days and now they are all gone !! DONT WORRY
i believe the american type is different. Every country says sulfer for three days is cure or ivermectin. Most americans have done these for months. i got it from buying fairly used clothes imported from America (please burn infected clothes)after even washing in dettol and sun drying, also all the clothes i wear now are washed in hot water and dettol, and still re-infect me.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#92 Dec 26, 2012
Well that is not entirely true. I think if you can take the oral ivermectin at double or triple the weight-based dose and apply 45% Perm vs. the 5% that is worthless, and you get started within a few days of infestation you may have a chance at being cured. But with today's mites the odds of a cure from iver and perm are not in the patients favor. The mites of today are so resistant and they multiply so fast, it's alarming. Don't lose hope. But understand there is a war going on for your body. And they out number you!
Texas Penny

San Marcos, TX

#93 Dec 28, 2012
Has anybody been here since 2010? I'd like to see some update for 12/2012. Family has been diagnosed with scabies. Soooo many questions and this site did not help. First question Dr. asks is if our animals have mange or something like that. Now after research, I see, you don't get scabies from animals. Only from human contact. Well then, why treat the house, towels, sheets, everything as if we had lice.(I mean, I wash sheets, towels, clothes, hats, etc in hot water and soap anyway.) There just seems to be so many conflicts on how you get scabies. I just want to know where did it start! Son in law killed and skinned a deer several weeks ago and we thought maybe he contacted it from the wild deer. But I guess not. Any ideas out there?
brog

London, UK

#96 Feb 26, 2013
IZOCONFUSED wrote:
One more comment.
"Scabies does go away".
Your english is wrong!
If you are to post, why don't you get your english language correct.
Your post should have read:
"Scabies Do Go Away"
Thanks!
IZO
Have the BEST day of your life!
you are certainly confused about the English language but that's not uncommon for an American (or for an Englishman either, come to think of it). No doubt you think scabies is the plural of scaby. In fact it is an uncountable noun, so grammatically it is treated as singular. Scabies does go away, and so should you.
VSS

Hollywood, FL

#97 Feb 26, 2013
brog wrote:
<quoted text>
you are certainly confused about the English language but that's not uncommon for an American (or for an Englishman either, come to think of it). No doubt you think scabies is the plural of scaby. In fact it is an uncountable noun, so grammatically it is treated as singular. Scabies does go away, and so should you.
Izo has been gone a long time now, years, as a matter of fact. She discovered she had morgellons and started to go for help on those groups. What's your point in your post?
Do you need help with something here? Do you have scabies?
Faerie with ooglies

Brisbane, Australia

#98 Feb 26, 2013
VSS is FRED/Virtual Scabies/ Lotus Fan = Forum troll + sales person. Ignore.
WeAllItch

Portland, OR

#99 Feb 28, 2013
Hey Folks,

I really think scabies has hit Epidemic/Pandemic levels:

Why? Scabies is NOT an STD, it is extremely easy to contract. You can get it by sitting on the chair as someone that has it, you can get it by shaking hands, by hugging someone, even sitting on a toilet seat.
-- Think about it, scabies like to live in protected spots of our bodies, and really love the skin between our fingers because of that. So, anything you touch can become infected and then the next person that touches said thing can catch it.

IF you have scabies you need to notify your local health department and tell them that you think it is an epidemic! They might just try to tell you to get treated and not want to talk to you but DONT let them do that!
--Health departments need to start keeping track of outbreaks and notifying/educating the public in general about scabies!
**If you're worried about it being traced back to you, give a fake name when you call or email them from an email address you set up just for that purpose.(IT's what I'm doing)

To really stop scabies EVERYONE needs to be treated, this means you(A) everyone(B) that you've been in contact with or that has touched something you've been in contact with, everyone(C) that has been in contact with people/things from (B), everyone(D) that has been in contact with people/things from (C) and so on.

IF this doesn't happen people that treat themselves will just get it again.

------

My Story:

Like all of you here, I have scabies and like a lot of you, I've tried curing them without success. I've had them for a few years, tried treating multiple times and haven't been able to get rid of them. Either that or, I've been immediately reinfected by people around me.

I myself have a ton of shame around the fact that I've had it so long and not been able to get rid of it. I also have a ton of shame knowing that I've infected friends/family and random people around me even though I've tried to minimize my contact with people. I've massively cut down on my social life and spent the vast majority of the last few years in hiding. I just told an amazing man today that I can't have a relationship with him for 'personal reasons' because of these microscopic vampires.

Hell, I've been suicidal over it!!!

I'm quite frankly sick and tired of shaming myself over this and have decided to stop letting these pests run my life.

I've told friends, family and even written notes to clients(I work in private houses) saying whats up, the signs etc and out right had people say they didn't think they had it even though they obviously did.(IE: Animals CAN get it! Two clients had dogs that were itching like crazy, put on medication and the clients didn't believe me when I told them, even though I gave them links to info online from trusted sources).

Because of this I finally decided to contact my local health department and am going to force them to do something about it.

You should also!
Livalittle

Lexington, KY

#100 Feb 28, 2013
These forms, as well as all the information out there on Scabies is driving me more mad than the actual scabies!
yetr

Henniker, NH

#101 Mar 4, 2013
hi
Ale

San Antonio, TX

#102 Mar 5, 2013
sjl wrote:
I told myself that if I ever got rid of scabies, I would post here to give people some peace of mind. First, if you have been diagnosed with scabies, DO NOT READ THESE FORUMS! I am serious. It will only make you go crazy; half the stuff on here is crap from people who have either already gone scabies-crazy or don't know what they're talking about.
Here's what happened to me:
I started getting itchy bumps in September. First time the doctor told me it was a viral rash that would go away on its own. A month later, he said it was folliculitis and gave me antibiotics. A few weeks later when it didn't go away, he gave me stronger antibiotics (not fun). I finally convinced him to treat me for scabies in case that's what it was.
Beginning in December, I did four applications of permethrin, each one week apart. For each of the first two times, I used half of the 60g tube. The last two times, I used a whole tube each time. I washed my bedding after each application, and all my clothes in hot water and dried on high heat.
But here's the kicker: YOU WILL STILL GET BUMPS EVEN WHEN YOU'RE CURED. There is actually medical research on this. You continue to get bumps for about eight weeks after treatment. This is an allergic reaction to the mites and eggs being pushed out of your body. The bumps may or may not itch, but it's not the same as scabies itching, and they usually go away quickly (i.e. by the next day).
Yes, I kept getting concerned that scabies was back, that I was not cured, but it has now been almost three months since I began treatment and I assure you, they are gone. No more itching, red bumps or anything. Don't despair, it will go away through normal treatment. You just have to be patient and realize that once you've done permethrin, you will still get bumps for awhile, but it's not scabies!
And stop reading these forums! Hope that helps.
Best comment on the thread!

Thanks!
Livalittle

Lexington, KY

#103 Apr 11, 2013
My scabies were cured.. with the prescribed treatment and with spraying down my bed, car, and bathtub, as well as washing. All gone.. just treat it like lice... IT DOES GO AWAY!
JESSY

Australia

#104 Apr 13, 2013
Yess i Have scabies....the answer is no Scabies dont go away on there own..Yu have to take Medication And apply the cream on yourself and DONT SCRATCH because all it does it Spread the Mites around where ever you touch. Trust meh its not good having theese. So what i would do if i were you is Take the medication, dont listen to what other people say cause it Might not be true only what your doctors say..and dont freak out cause I did and then the doctor told meh it would go away XD i didnt think it would tho XD anyway hope for the best guyyzzz xo
ItSheBalls

Leominster, MA

#105 May 13, 2013
Yo I'm pissed!!
steph

United States

#106 May 27, 2013
Well just wanna let evryone know that the perem. Cream does kill scabies and o had scabies it was driving me crazy but after2weeks after treatment I haave no more itching jist a lil bithere and there but no much n the red bumps will go away mines area bearly going away it takes time so dodon't go all crazy abour it ..I used 3treatments and have 2 extra but wwehn u put thay lotion ur skim gey irritating and had new red bumps cum out but it will go away

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
scabies wana be's 1 hr itchy and scabby 14
Can I give my scabies to my dog? (Feb '09) 2 hr dying to be free ... 27
The ONLY Scabies cure that actually worked - Ps... (Jun '14) 9 hr Jeanie 45
Test to Try - drop skin flakes or scabs from so... 11 hr Scratches 20
scabies or what????? (Nov '11) 12 hr itchy and scabby 11
clove oil cures scabies (Oct '10) 16 hr anonymous 84
How did I get rid of scabies in three seconds (Oct '11) 20 hr Yvonne Fitzgerald 462
More from around the web