Scabies Is Highly Contagious

Scabies Is Highly Contagious

There are 7322 comments on the Healthcentral.com story from Oct 15, 2005, titled Scabies Is Highly Contagious. In it, Healthcentral.com reports that:

Scabies , a skin condition caused by a burrowing mite, is very contagious and can be spread through families and classrooms, the Mayo Clinic explains.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Healthcentral.com.

ReadyToJump

Apex, NC

#7404 May 2, 2015
tony wrote:
ha ha i got u all beat, im going on 4 years with this shit.....i have tried everything under the sun 5 times over, and all the dr says is its scabies soooo thats what u got to look foward too
Oh, my God. I've tried everything under the sun for six months. I feel like Ivermectin seems to be everyone's cure. But it's not working for me. I want to die. But I love my family and my life. I just can't live life like this. In the last month all symptoms took off and I have the bumps, red areas, and scratches nearly everywhere. Really? Four years? How badly do you have it? If I had it just where it could remain hidden and I had to clean like a maniac for the rest of my life, I guess I could do it. But I cannot live with the bumps visible to everyone. I'm a freakin' soccer mom, for God's sake. Oh, my God. I want to die. How are you coping with it?
ReadyToJump

Apex, NC

#7406 May 2, 2015
Canuckette wrote:
<quoted text>
I took excessive and crazy amounts of garlic tablets for a couple of months to no avail. I also did salt baths and that helped a bit, but Bill is right, powdered Arm and Hammer detergent gets rid of lots of the ones near the surface. You'll find them on the bottom of the tub when you get out. It freaked me out so I bought a tub mat with holes in it so I wasn't sitting on the black bits in the tub. Just rinse the tub well after. My problem is that it's not available in Canada anymore. It helps a lot.
Some poster said that if you take too many baths, you will send the mites to your face and head. I just couldn't take it if my face were covered, seeing as the rest of me nearly is. And although I have been battling this since November, this new body coverage of crap happened so quickly...like some big bug was laying eggs all over my body in a whirlwind. In the last six weeks, I went from "couldn't tell I had scabies if you didn't know it" - to "OOH. What's wrong with her?" But still the doctors won't agree that it's scabies!!!! Do you see improvement at all each day?
ReadyToJump

Apex, NC

#7407 May 2, 2015
Bill wrote:
Hi you can make your own arm and hammer
it is the sodium carbonate in the soap that is so effective
you can google how to make sodium carbonate
take baking soda and heat it to 400 degrees for 2 hrs in the oven , presto ! it turns to sodium carbonate . Ther is also alot of protease enzymes in the soap thet is meat tenderizer , easy to obtain , accent or one of the Canadian meat tenderizers will work . Thet is one of the ingredients in enzyme cleaners that are sold for this bug.
God bless you ,
Bill
ps for the deep ones pray real hard and dump on teds mange cure daily , they die
teds mange cure
thats 3 percent regular peroxide like from any grocery
16 oz peroxide
32 oz water
2 tbls borax
applly to skin and leave on till next shower , stops bumps and heals cuts very fast
if they are stubborn use
benzyol peroxide 2 percent works very well , it is like clearisil , sold at all pharmacies , or you can order the benzyol peroxide 2 percent on amazon , it works so fast your head will spin
Many many people used it and were cured in weeks , like Rita and many others , her husband was cured in 1 application . It is applied all over top of head to feet , left on till next shower , after shower reapply
Dont forget to barage the enevironment with arm an hammer soap 1 cup per gallon washes , for you heated baking soda turned to sodium carbonate , also just plain baking soda all over kills them too , and also and most important 2 tbls cococnut oil and 32 oz of wateer to lock the bug down in its oil , this is the best way to end them. Also the coconut oil 2 tbls in bath and bathe for 10 mins coats the skin to protect from bites and smothers any hatchlings , it washes off the hair in 1 shampoos and leaves hair like you are 16 again ,
<quoted text>
For the mange cure...you wear the "cure" 24/7? Does the Borax fall off you as it dries? You can see the Borax in your hair, right? So, you do this how many times? Please explain. Is it possible to be so infested that you never get over it? I can't imagine how I could be this infested in 6 months - when I started the Permethrin after one month. Then went on to experiment with other cures, while cleaning like a maniac the entire time. And in the last month it's been a nightmare. How can you go from freaky and difficult to horror in one month? Please explain the mange cure.
ReadyToJump

Apex, NC

#7408 May 2, 2015
Bill wrote:
Hi
My face used to feel like it had crawling , i prayed very hard to God , He let me read a post about a man who had this very bad, so bad he slept with a washcloth soaked in 1 gallon water and 1 tbls borax and it finally got it off his face, i tried it for 30 mins 2 times a day and it stopped all this face itching. It seemed hard to get rid of the itch at the hairline around my face so I used 4 , 500mg msm capsules diluted in 3 oz of water and applied this to the skin at the hairline it stopped the breaking out and it is painless. Msm is sulfur from pine trees and used as an eatable cure for skin and bone problems , i never noticed any side effects . Sold at most all pharmacies , 13 dollars per 100 pills , it has many cures it it is used for
God bless you ,
Bill
<quoted text>
How long have you taken the Iver? Is it tablets for humans, or equine variety? How much Iver per pound? If human type, where do you get? How many days or weeks - on what schedule? I have been taking Equine Iver for a month and a half, double the dose, every four days...and I see no improvement. Am I the only one who can't be helped with Ivermectin?
Where are the hot springs? I will Google.

Since: Jan 15

Location hidden

#7409 May 2, 2015
ivermectin isn't working for me either i'm using the injectible but taking it orally at triple the measured injectable dose since i"m taking it orally but its not helping
waiting for needles to start injecting

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#7410 May 2, 2015
ReadyToJump wrote:
<quoted text>Some poster said that if you take too many baths, you will send the mites to your face and head. I just couldn't take it if my face were covered, seeing as the rest of me nearly is. And although I have been battling this since November, this new body coverage of crap happened so quickly...like some big bug was laying eggs all over my body in a whirlwind. In the last six weeks, I went from "couldn't tell I had scabies if you didn't know it" - to "OOH. What's wrong with her?" But still the doctors won't agree that it's scabies!!!! Do you see improvement at all each day?
I found that beach baths sent the little bugs to my scalp and face, so it didn't kill them, just moved them. I'm quite certain that the A&H kills them, at least the ones near the surface, because they ended up in the bottom of the tub. What I did was add the cup of A&H, then fill the tub, and took out a bowlful of the mixed water before getting in. I soaked a washcloth in the bowl and soaked my face with it to get as much as possible off my face while soaking in the tub for a good half hour.
wantemgone2

United States

#7413 May 3, 2015
Has anybody tried that scabiesbgone? Does it even work? God bless each of you This is a night mare ive been doing this week the teds remedy on me and dog now i know what you all mean about black specks raising from skin it grosses u out just knowing damnmites are in your skin but u find yourself desperate wanting to rid self and begging god for help
Bill

Taylor, MI

#7416 May 4, 2015
Hi what ted ps cure are you doing , peroxide water and borax ?

Let me know ,, there are many approaches that work , God is the answer , Keep praying to Him , He will show you

Serve Him He is wonderful !

Bill
wantemgone2 wrote:
Has anybody tried that scabiesbgone? Does it even work? God bless each of you This is a night mare ive been doing this week the teds remedy on me and dog now i know what you all mean about black specks raising from skin it grosses u out just knowing damnmites are in your skin but u find yourself desperate wanting to rid self and begging god for help
wantemgone2

Kingsport, TN

#7417 May 5, 2015
Bill wrote:
Hi what ted ps cure are you doing , peroxide water and borax ?
Let me know ,, there are many approaches that work , God is the answer , Keep praying to Him , He will show you
Serve Him He is wonderful !
Bill
<quoted text>
Yes i made spray bottle of the peroixde borax and water and try to keep myself squirted down... ii even drink now the avc and baking soda to change my ph balance had seen on forum this helps i mifht try to get those cayeene pills also i had seen this too i tried bleach baths and ive done the permetherine but have a dog and doing teds rememdy on her but shes not drunk and acting sick so probably have to take her to vet in tad this is night mare i live alone ive been crying out to god for deliverance for me and dog god bless you
witsend

United States

#7420 May 24, 2015
Mee Too wrote:
I'm also frustrasted as hell with this scabies I caught from my grandma when she got infested at the hospital. I've done the permithrin 5% treatment twice alreaday and it hasn't seemed to work, I have no more clean clothes towels or blankets as I've been putting everything in plastic bags. I have been sleeeping in the livingroom in an inflatable mattress while the mattress in my bedroom stays untouched due to me spraying it with black flag and what makes things worse is that I think I gave it to my cat so my entire one bedroom apartment seems to be infested. I will take my cat to the vet and almost feel like taking his medication as well. I have been avoiding friends and family so I dont infect them and it's really depressing and annoying. I'll see what happens.
This my 3 time in less than a year getting these evil little creatures. While waiting to take the 2 dose of Ivermectin, it seem to have been working, then I get slammed with them again. for 3 weeks now I've ware myself out daily cleaning, washing, spraying, vacuuming, repeat! I'm on the verge of getting rid of my new couch of 6 months, tearing all the carpet outta my home. I'be become OCD and a recluse. I miss hugging my kids and grandbabies.
Clean and remodel rent houses for a living. Cleanings some of those is enough to make me a clean freak in my own home. I'm finding out that my cats probably have them too. i'm at my worn out wits end. My heart goes out to anyone that suffers with these tiny demons.
wantemgoneto

United States

#7421 May 24, 2015
witsend wrote:
<quoted text>
This my 3 time in less than a year getting these evil little creatures. While waiting to take the 2 dose of Ivermectin, it seem to have been working, then I get slammed with them again. for 3 weeks now I've ware myself out daily cleaning, washing, spraying, vacuuming, repeat! I'm on the verge of getting rid of my new couch of 6 months, tearing all the carpet outta my home. I'be become OCD and a recluse. I miss hugging my kids and grandbabies.
Clean and remodel rent houses for a living. Cleanings some of those is enough to make me a clean freak in my own home. I'm finding out that my cats probably have them too. i'm at my worn out wits end. My heart goes out to anyone that suffers with these tiny demons.
This
is a mess. i finally resorted to the horse paste ivermectin. and my dog revolution but gave her ivermectin while waiting on revolution... i have cleaned and cleaned and with this lupus im wore out. why are these bastords so hard to kill? they shudn be as much as we put on our bodies but they act inviciable. and looks like they be cure by now. ive started sleeping on couch also. cudn afford no blow up mattress so i covered couch with 30 gallon trash bags. i was thinkung last night wen doing laudary and put the borax in that my lord how wud they even live thru hot water plus heating cycle of dryer? my skin so dry from all different products. ive done the permetherine 4 timesand my doc said wen i cime back this month csz she did finally say they was 2 places she suspected that she wud give me treatment? but what? i dont want permethrine again i wud rather have the pills. cause ive also been making my own cream. of lotion and ivermectin and rubbing all over me. it seems to help caz i can feel fast movement in a area youcan tell they dont like it but i think it is dying! also seems like i get alot of black spects coming out of skin. i dont think they wud be the mites dead or alive caz they saythey are invisiable to naked eye but however i do think its fecal matter or something tht they leave in your skin. my poor dog isnt scratching much. and im keeping up with her baths. she had a few bumps but they seems to be gone but the poor girl isnt feeling good so to scared to give her the second dose of ivermectin. last night it felt like she had a fever plus her eyes so watery and shes got black under her eyes? im si broke cant afford another trip to vet. thanks for listening. everybody is in my prayers for deliverance of this night mare
sanfranciscojim1

San Francisco, CA

#7423 May 24, 2015
wantemgoneto wrote:
<quoted text>
This
is a mess. i finally resorted to the horse paste ivermectin. and my dog revolution but gave her ivermectin while waiting on revolution... i have cleaned and cleaned and with this lupus im wore out. why are these bastords so hard to kill? they shudn be as much as we put on our bodies but they act inviciable. and looks like they be cure by now. ive started sleeping on couch also. cudn afford no blow up mattress so i covered couch with 30 gallon trash bags. i was thinkung last night wen doing laudary and put the borax in that my lord how wud they even live thru hot water plus heating cycle of dryer? my skin so dry from all different products. ive done the permetherine 4 timesand my doc said wen i cime back this month csz she did finally say they was 2 places she suspected that she wud give me treatment? but what? i dont want permethrine again i wud rather have the pills. cause ive also been making my own cream. of lotion and ivermectin and rubbing all over me. it seems to help caz i can feel fast movement in a area youcan tell they dont like it but i think it is dying! also seems like i get alot of black spects coming out of skin. i dont think they wud be the mites dead or alive caz they saythey are invisiable to naked eye but however i do think its fecal matter or something tht they leave in your skin. my poor dog isnt scratching much. and im keeping up with her baths. she had a few bumps but they seems to be gone but the poor girl isnt feeling good so to scared to give her the second dose of ivermectin. last night it felt like she had a fever plus her eyes so watery and shes got black under her eyes? im si broke cant afford another trip to vet. thanks for listening. everybody is in my prayers for deliverance of this night mare
if you like, you can contact me through my Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/sanfranciscojim1

Since: Mar 15

Location hidden

#7425 May 24, 2015
sanfranciscojim1 wrote:
<quoted text>
if you like, you can contact me through my Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/sanfranciscojim1
Thank you. im on fb too. but sent u a friend request and wrote a pm. i watched ur videos. im almost 52 and not sure either how i got these demons. damn wat a mess. thank you so muchfor listening

Since: May 15

San Francisco, CA

#7427 May 26, 2015
wannaemgone2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you. im on fb too. but sent u a friend request and wrote a pm. i watched ur videos. im almost 52 and not sure either how i got these demons. damn wat a mess. thank you so muchfor listening
i don't see the Facebook friend request. please try again.

Since: May 15

San Francisco, CA

#7428 May 26, 2015
wannaemgone2 wrote:
<quoted text>
https://www.facebook.com/sanfranciscojim1 please try again. also, what is your Facebook name? send a private message on my page so i will recognize it.
Nancy

Cancún, Mexico

#7430 Jun 19, 2015
ShadyAZ wrote:
Don't bother taking your cat to the vet. Cat's can neither give nor recieve the mites.
Cats CAN temporarily carry human mites, so do get them treated at the same time you take your own medication.
Crysania

Moline, IL

#7432 Jul 2, 2015
I have tooken the ivermectin and it didnt even work. I am 15 and i cant go to any of my sports or any fun things. But the weird thing is that ive been around maybe 600 people since i started having it april. AND NOT ONE HAS IT BESIDES ME!!! My case makes no sense and i just want it gone.
kind2me

Paris, France

#7435 Aug 24, 2015
People ask whether they are still contagious after the first or second treatment. Of course, they are!

You are contagious until you are in the clear. That simple! Therefore no sex or other socializing activities beforehand except you are given the "All Clear" and the go-ahead by your doc,
eyeballs

Cincinnati, OH

#7436 Oct 7, 2015
If crusted scabies is so contageous, why don't we hear about more cases?
itchy woman

Egypt

#7437 Oct 8, 2015
I am 2 months pregnant and have had scabies for almost 2 weeks,at first I was told it was a food allergy then tonight was told it was scabies,I am just wondering is there anyway to rid of these horrible itchy's without harming my baby,I have been going insane with the scratching and I can't work at the moment because I work in a school, and knowing how contagious this is I don't want the kids and other teachers getting it,please help me

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Equine Ivermectin Paste 1.87% (Sep '10) 12 min Nobodyeverwarnedme 97
Scabies-washing clothes (Jan '12) 6 hr Kelliberri 56
Do you get new bumps after post-scabies? (Sep '11) 19 hr Skylar newton 294
sulphur!!! (Mar '09) 23 hr Susie 50
Curing the Incurable Sun Barbraela14 20
I've now have kidney problems that I think were... (Feb '12) Sun soulwitch13 10
Scabies/Eggs lifespan? and a question about pre... (Apr '07) Sun Adana 534
ivermectin dosage chart and info (Oct '11) Sun Adana 918
More from around the web