Scabies Is Highly Contagious

Scabies Is Highly Contagious

There are 7327 comments on the Healthcentral.com story from Oct 15, 2005, titled Scabies Is Highly Contagious. In it, Healthcentral.com reports that:

Scabies , a skin condition caused by a burrowing mite, is very contagious and can be spread through families and classrooms, the Mayo Clinic explains.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Healthcentral.com.

Hopeforthebetter

Kent, WA

#7382 May 31, 2014
Been there wrote:
To all of you frustrated people. This is just a suggestion. Find a doctor who will prescribe Ivermectin. It's the same medication the vets use to treat scarcoptic mange(same as scabies)in animals. We humans are animals too and it works just as well on us. Ivermectin is off label (not FDA approved for treatment of scabies)but has been used for years to treat scabies in humans and is very effective in hard to treat cases. The mite that causes scabies and mange seems to be resistant to the topical creams. I know how you all feel when you don't get the help you need from your doctors. Google Ivermectin and see for yourself. Print out the info and show it to your doctor. Take charge. Good luck finding a doctor who can help you get rid of the immortal mighty mite.
The mite is resistant to the topical creams. Just as the mite will pass from person to person, you can get the mite from your pets and pets can get them from you. Think about it. The mites just need a host and once they have one they stay until they are killed. Wash everything in hot water, bleach and borax and dry for over 1 hour in a hot dryer, including your shoes.
Hello There,
I have scabies since 3 month now(the actual physical signs only since a month), and i have used permethrin which didnt do a thing. The doctors didnt even want to believe me that i have scabies.Just because i didnt have the typical signs(outbreak at fingers, hands, feet etc).I mainly had them on my legs and on my back).Then i was prescribed Lindane.Dindt work neither.I cleaned my place like a maniac every day, bathed in Neem Oil and leaves,used Hydro Peroxide, Tea tree oil, boric acid, bleach, tumeric, dewormer, lotions, coconut oil, peru balsam,the list never ends....The outbreak was just getting worse and the itch too.Neew was just soothing and tea tree helped with the itch too.i even used cayenne pepper.only worked for a couple of days but it also burned my skin.I then took Ivermectin orally in a high dose.didnt do a THING!found new burrows 4 days later-which means-it obviously didnt kill the mite!I then went to the doctor AGAIN, and now they prescriped me Prednisone.They said that this is the Jackhammer from all things.Hope that works because i cant take it anymore...I suppose to take it for 5 days! I pray that this will stop.My life has been insane the last whole month!Does anyone has experience with Prednisone taken internally??? Cross fingers that will work....

Since: Dec 13

Location hidden

#7383 May 31, 2014
Hopeforthebetter wrote:
<quoted text>Hello There,
I have scabies since 3 month now(the actual physical signs only since a month), and i have used permethrin which didnt do a thing. The doctors didnt even want to believe me that i have scabies.Just because i didnt have the typical signs(outbreak at fingers, hands, feet etc).I mainly had them on my legs and on my back).Then i was prescribed Lindane.Dindt work neither.I cleaned my place like a maniac every day, bathed in Neem Oil and leaves,used Hydro Peroxide, Tea tree oil, boric acid, bleach, tumeric, dewormer, lotions, coconut oil, peru balsam,the list never ends....The outbreak was just getting worse and the itch too.Neew was just soothing and tea tree helped with the itch too.i even used cayenne pepper.only worked for a couple of days but it also burned my skin.I then took Ivermectin orally in a high dose.didnt do a THING!found new burrows 4 days later-which means-it obviously didnt kill the mite!I then went to the doctor AGAIN, and now they prescriped me Prednisone.They said that this is the Jackhammer from all things.Hope that works because i cant take it anymore...I suppose to take it for 5 days! I pray that this will stop.My life has been insane the last whole month!Does anyone has experience with Prednisone taken internally??? Cross fingers that will work....
Topical treatments will have little if any effect at this stage. After three months the mites have burrowed deep and even hot bleach baths won't reach them. You must take oral ivermectin every 4 days, dose is based on your weight, for one month. If you are not cured after 30 days move on to buying Valbazen aka the liquid form of Albendazole and take 5ml every 12 hours to be cured in one month.
john

Eskilstuna, Sweden

#7385 Dec 13, 2014
I have been suffering from scabies for 2 months and I use this (tenutex) for treating it, but i found it not effective as BBlotion.Not only that and yet i did not recover.

)
mmm

Dayton, OH

#7386 Feb 20, 2015
ShadyAZ wrote:
Don't bother taking your cat to the vet. Cat's can neither give nor recieve the mites.
Cats can give it to you
sunshine

Los Angeles, CA

#7387 Feb 20, 2015
Me too wrote:
Y'know what, before I went to the doctor I put tea tree oil on one itchy spot and it killed the itch immediately (just IMO) Then just now I ran across a tea tree oil site that claims it will kill these mites so I'm gonna try ir full body for a while (and maybe laundry) and see if it helps.
Good luck folks, this really sucks!
take a shower, do not dry off, pat tea tree oil over body, not cracks and face area. Also you can put 1/4 tea tree oil to 3/4 part shampoo(any) for hair. I did this and it works almost immediately. I do it every other day. Even though scabies is gone, i continue to do this twice a week just for safety. Something about the smell they dont like. Not recommended for girls going thru puberty. Walmart 7.00

Since: Apr 15

Laurel, MD

#7388 Apr 2, 2015
earlier on this forum in 2007 someone said something about allicin which is found in garlic, I am going to take that and take sea salt baths every other day and the days opposite of that I have washing with dog mange shampoo and leaving it on for 30 minutes, Scabies has taken 5 years of my life, I am starting to go bald, and no one else understands what I am going through, they bother my husband but not as much as they bother me, has anyone out there tried allicin pills and sea salts baths?

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#7390 Apr 12, 2015
mites wrote:
earlier on this forum in 2007 someone said something about allicin which is found in garlic, I am going to take that and take sea salt baths every other day and the days opposite of that I have washing with dog mange shampoo and leaving it on for 30 minutes, Scabies has taken 5 years of my life, I am starting to go bald, and no one else understands what I am going through, they bother my husband but not as much as they bother me, has anyone out there tried allicin pills and sea salts baths?
I took excessive and crazy amounts of garlic tablets for a couple of months to no avail. I also did salt baths and that helped a bit, but Bill is right, powdered Arm and Hammer detergent gets rid of lots of the ones near the surface. You'll find them on the bottom of the tub when you get out. It freaked me out so I bought a tub mat with holes in it so I wasn't sitting on the black bits in the tub. Just rinse the tub well after. My problem is that it's not available in Canada anymore. It helps a lot.
mary

United States

#7391 Apr 13, 2015
Bill will send you some. Just ask him. Do it through pay pal.
Anonymous

Turin, Italy

#7392 Apr 13, 2015
what is scabies

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#7393 Apr 17, 2015
paxrello wrote:
what is scabies
Happy for you that you don't know.

Laurel, MD

#7394 Apr 17, 2015
Bill wrote:
Hi
I tried allicin
pills and sea salts baths
It helps
but 1 cup arm and hammer powder version laundry soap in the bath and soak for 30 mins helped 1000 times more , I add 1 cup borax and 1/8 cup dawn dish soap and it causes all the bumps to cease .
Then rinse ,drain tub ,refill and add 2 tbls coconut oil and slosh arounf so it coats the skin and hair , it leaves a shield so bugs wont bite again , cococnut oil washed out of the hair in 1 shampoo and is good for the skin
Coconut oil 2 tbls in 32 oz of water sprayed in a windex bottle stops all movement of bugs instantly . thet is a good time to wash everything and throw out items not worth cleaning of bugs which is alot of repeated washings
arm and hammer soap works great as a soap to wash house 1 cup per gallon of water
God bless you ,,
Bill
call or write back and let me know how you are doing , It does get better pray Hard to God . He is Love and will help
<quoted text>
thx Bill i will try the arm and hammer in the bath, how many days did you do this? How did you treat your dog and cat if you have them? And are you cured already? Thanks also for the encouraging words that really helped.
Bill

Taylor, MI

#7395 Apr 26, 2015
Hi you can make your own arm and hammer

it is the sodium carbonate in the soap that is so effective

you can google how to make sodium carbonate
take baking soda and heat it to 400 degrees for 2 hrs in the oven , presto ! it turns to sodium carbonate . Ther is also alot of protease enzymes in the soap thet is meat tenderizer , easy to obtain , accent or one of the Canadian meat tenderizers will work . Thet is one of the ingredients in enzyme cleaners that are sold for this bug.

God bless you ,

Bill

ps for the deep ones pray real hard and dump on teds mange cure daily , they die

teds mange cure
thats 3 percent regular peroxide like from any grocery
16 oz peroxide
32 oz water
2 tbls borax
applly to skin and leave on till next shower , stops bumps and heals cuts very fast

if they are stubborn use

benzyol peroxide 2 percent works very well , it is like clearisil , sold at all pharmacies , or you can order the benzyol peroxide 2 percent on amazon , it works so fast your head will spin

Many many people used it and were cured in weeks , like Rita and many others , her husband was cured in 1 application . It is applied all over top of head to feet , left on till next shower , after shower reapply

Dont forget to barage the enevironment with arm an hammer soap 1 cup per gallon washes , for you heated baking soda turned to sodium carbonate , also just plain baking soda all over kills them too , and also and most important 2 tbls cococnut oil and 32 oz of wateer to lock the bug down in its oil , this is the best way to end them. Also the coconut oil 2 tbls in bath and bathe for 10 mins coats the skin to protect from bites and smothers any hatchlings , it washes off the hair in 1 shampoos and leaves hair like you are 16 again ,

mites wrote:
<quoted text>
thx Bill i will try the arm and hammer in the bath, how many days did you do this? How did you treat your dog and cat if you have them? And are you cured already? Thanks also for the encouraging words that really helped.

Laurel, MD

#7396 Apr 27, 2015
Bill wrote:
Hi you can make your own arm and hammer
it is the sodium carbonate in the soap that is so effective
you can google how to make sodium carbonate
take baking soda and heat it to 400 degrees for 2 hrs in the oven , presto ! it turns to sodium carbonate . Ther is also alot of protease enzymes in the soap thet is meat tenderizer , easy to obtain , accent or one of the Canadian meat tenderizers will work . Thet is one of the ingredients in enzyme cleaners that are sold for this bug.
God bless you ,
Bill
ps for the deep ones pray real hard and dump on teds mange cure daily , they die
teds mange cure
thats 3 percent regular peroxide like from any grocery
16 oz peroxide
32 oz water
2 tbls borax
applly to skin and leave on till next shower , stops bumps and heals cuts very fast
if they are stubborn use
benzyol peroxide 2 percent works very well , it is like clearisil , sold at all pharmacies , or you can order the benzyol peroxide 2 percent on amazon , it works so fast your head will spin
Many many people used it and were cured in weeks , like Rita and many others , her husband was cured in 1 application . It is applied all over top of head to feet , left on till next shower , after shower reapply
Dont forget to barage the enevironment with arm an hammer soap 1 cup per gallon washes , for you heated baking soda turned to sodium carbonate , also just plain baking soda all over kills them too , and also and most important 2 tbls cococnut oil and 32 oz of wateer to lock the bug down in its oil , this is the best way to end them. Also the coconut oil 2 tbls in bath and bathe for 10 mins coats the skin to protect from bites and smothers any hatchlings , it washes off the hair in 1 shampoos and leaves hair like you are 16 again ,
<quoted text>
Thx for all the great advice Bill, I tried Ted's remedy on my pets but it didn't work and turned my dark gray cat orange. I did spray the walls and furniture of the house with arm and hammer and I mop the floor with bleach every 2 days. the carpets have borax all over it (lightly sprinkled ). We use benzyol peroxide 2% on our body on the days we don't take the bath, but we only leave it on for 10 minutes as the shampoo says. Where can I buy benzyol peroxide 2% lotion? Because it's its shampoo or face wash we can wear it all day with out being sticky.
tropical_depress ion

Quezon City, Philippines

#7397 Apr 27, 2015
Howdy fellas. 28 male philippines here going on my third month with the bug. Same story w the doctors here. Cant recognize it. Thought it was syphilis or genital lice. I thought it was lice too until i noticed rashes on my armpits. After googling groin and armpit rash i hit scabies and the pics and descriptions fit my disease exactly! I shortly found topix and within an hour got my hands on ivermectin from a vet and a bottle of kwell. I took 1.5ml of the iver for cows and pigs (cant help but lol at myself here) orally which is what's indicared for an 80kg steer like me and i covered myself in kwell last night after bathing with sulfur soap. My girl caught it from me too and i just gave her a dose of iver and bottle of kwell. Will repeat iver for next two to three weeks once a week. Copious amounts of mary jane, yoga and longboarding also help with the anxiety. Really glad i found this site. Very supportive w minimal haters. Keep on fighting the bug guys! Will update my progress later and hopefully hit a sulfuric hotspring this weekend. Might as well take a mini vacation if it helps right? Stay positive kids.

Since: Jan 15

Location hidden

#7399 Apr 28, 2015

Coconut oil and water is the best way to end them? Is it a cure?
tropical_depress ion

Philippines

#7400 Apr 28, 2015
I don't think the coconut oil is a cure. It just stops them from spreding on the surface temporarily. My thinking is it smothers them so they can not breathe. I apply oil after a bath but I get bites again if I do not reapply in 6 hours. The coconut oil I use is just coconut vegetable oil from the grocery. I just put it on the affected areas like lotion. I think it's ok as a tempo solution but my hope is the ivermectin I took will wipe them out.
ReadyToJump

Apex, NC

#7401 Apr 28, 2015
Me too wrote:
Y'know what, before I went to the doctor I put tea tree oil on one itchy spot and it killed the itch immediately (just IMO) Then just now I ran across a tea tree oil site that claims it will kill these mites so I'm gonna try ir full body for a while (and maybe laundry) and see if it helps.
Good luck folks, this really sucks!
I tried full-body tea tree oil. I felt good for 10 hours. Didn't kill any bugs.
tropical_depress ion

Philippines

#7402 Apr 29, 2015
Update. No new bites today but lots of crawlin sensations on my face but importantly i dont see new bites!. Continued regimen of coco oil and sulfur soap. Really hopin this is the iver working. Skated, did yoga and smoked mad buddha ad usual to keep my mod up! Did a really sweaty yoa sesh as someone posted previously that sweating helps clean the bugs and their droppings from your skin.. Wish me luck guys. Will update again soon. Really looking forward to my sulfuric hot spring trip in 3 days (:
Bill

Taylor, MI

#7403 Apr 30, 2015
Hi

My face used to feel like it had crawling , i prayed very hard to God , He let me read a post about a man who had this very bad, so bad he slept with a washcloth soaked in 1 gallon water and 1 tbls borax and it finally got it off his face, i tried it for 30 mins 2 times a day and it stopped all this face itching. It seemed hard to get rid of the itch at the hairline around my face so I used 4 , 500mg msm capsules diluted in 3 oz of water and applied this to the skin at the hairline it stopped the breaking out and it is painless. Msm is sulfur from pine trees and used as an eatable cure for skin and bone problems , i never noticed any side effects . Sold at most all pharmacies , 13 dollars per 100 pills , it has many cures it it is used for

God bless you ,

Bill
tropical_depression wrote:
Update. No new bites today but lots of crawlin sensations on my face but importantly i dont see new bites!. Continued regimen of coco oil and sulfur soap. Really hopin this is the iver working. Skated, did yoga and smoked mad buddha ad usual to keep my mod up! Did a really sweaty yoa sesh as someone posted previously that sweating helps clean the bugs and their droppings from your skin.. Wish me luck guys. Will update again soon. Really looking forward to my sulfuric hot spring trip in 3 days (:
ReadyToJump

Apex, NC

#7404 May 2, 2015
tony wrote:
ha ha i got u all beat, im going on 4 years with this shit.....i have tried everything under the sun 5 times over, and all the dr says is its scabies soooo thats what u got to look foward too
Oh, my God. I've tried everything under the sun for six months. I feel like Ivermectin seems to be everyone's cure. But it's not working for me. I want to die. But I love my family and my life. I just can't live life like this. In the last month all symptoms took off and I have the bumps, red areas, and scratches nearly everywhere. Really? Four years? How badly do you have it? If I had it just where it could remain hidden and I had to clean like a maniac for the rest of my life, I guess I could do it. But I cannot live with the bumps visible to everyone. I'm a freakin' soccer mom, for God's sake. Oh, my God. I want to die. How are you coping with it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cold water makes scabies exit skin (Aug '14) 11 hr Patrick 18
After months and months its NOT scabies!!!!! (Jun '09) 13 hr Bree 89
topical ivermectin dose (Mar '12) Mon Scabscared 67
the cure is so simple, I can't believe it...... (Jan '11) Mon Neecee 1,559
ivermectin dosage chart and info (Oct '11) Sun Adana 975
Only one in house with scabies? (Mar '12) Jun 17 Rick1234 83
Curing Scabies Once and For All (May '16) Jun 16 Mikkiernst 11