lemon juice kill scabies? or what abo...
Tom D

Auburn, CA

#24 Aug 3, 2009
Hmm, not sure that can kill a parasite. They are tough. Good luck. Guess it depends on how much time you want to devote to it. I tried 2 formulas on the web and only dexoprin worked on me ( dexoprin.com ). I applied it 3 nights. Each of the 3 nights got progressively better and I have had no problems since. I consider myself cured.
lemon guy wrote:
Please, help..
I've tried oral iver, perm, urax, lindane, sulhfur,...
All these stuff didn't work!
My last hope is lemon.
i saw the lemonine included in peel of lemon is powerful treatment for scabies.
I am trying lemon oil & lomon juice.
first, i tried lemon oil with jojoba oil for 4 days. It helped much. i thought if i go on lemon oil 1~2 week , maybe i would be cured. but i thought putting lemon juice on my skin could be more effective. so i've tried lemon juice after lemon oil treatment, for three days.
but i'm not sure i'm getting better.
I use lemon juice made by "Golden Crown" (NET 32 FL OZ 1QT).
it is high(5X) concentrated lemon juice. i diluted it with some water. but for more effectiveness, i will use it undiluted. it's very irritant.
any suggest?
Is there anyone who had experience with using lomon oil or lomon juice for treatment of scabies? and had been cured?
i would appreciate any info.
skf

Glasgow, KY

#25 Aug 3, 2009
ive been using orange oil to keep my furniture wiped off with .
Sue Colvin

Galesburg, IL

#26 Aug 26, 2009
I keep hearing that people get scabies from their puppies. I just developed scabies and have 2 - 12 week old puppies. Can the tea tree oil be used on the puppies? If so in what quantities? Can you use a couple of drops in their shampoo?
Amber

Kansas City, MO

#27 Aug 26, 2009
I have always used Elimite cream, where you shower put the cream on from head to toe then repeat again in 10 days, it has always worked for me.
liz

San Jose, CA

#28 Aug 26, 2009
How long did you have scabies? Did your mixture really work and get rid of them? Did you use Ivermectin with it?
medeiros wrote:
I would like to know from Toronado how oftem and for how long to use the aloe vera, tea tree and lavender lotion. thank you.
DENVER COLORADO

Wheat Ridge, CO

#29 Oct 12, 2009
i hate to break your heart but you didn't get scabies from your puppy, animal scabies are a different mite altogether and can only live a few days on a human, visa versa for the human scabie can't live on an animal very long!!!!

you got them somewhere else?
treatment: permithrin cream 5% every 7-10 days and bomb your house with black flag flea & mite bombs
2 times in a month will do the trick for both.
if your rash is still present you should be seen by a dermatoligist and tested for both scabies & folliculitis they have the exact same symptoms!!!
wash your sheets and cloths in hot water rotate sheets and clothing wait at least a week before using them again keep them seperate from items that are already clean.
after this is done 2 treatments of ivermectin approximately 200mico grams or ajust for your weight..........

Lyl

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#30 Oct 12, 2009
DENVER COLORADO wrote:
i hate to break your heart but you didn't get scabies from your puppy, animal scabies are a different mite altogether and can only live a few days on a human, visa versa for the human scabie can't live on an animal very long!!!!
you got them somewhere else?
treatment: permithrin cream 5% every 7-10 days and bomb your house with black flag flea & mite bombs
2 times in a month will do the trick for both.
if your rash is still present you should be seen by a dermatoligist and tested for both scabies & folliculitis they have the exact same symptoms!!!
wash your sheets and cloths in hot water rotate sheets and clothing wait at least a week before using them again keep them seperate from items that are already clean.
after this is done 2 treatments of ivermectin approximately 200mico grams or ajust for your weight..........
And I hate to break yours but animal mites can survive and breed on people and vice versa.
By the way, sometimes it's not as easy as only two treatments to take care of the problem. I talk from my own experience as well as from lots of hours of research and many other users would tell you the same.
There are many other diseases that mimic scabies, not only folliculitis, so I think you should read a little bit more on that subject before giving medical advice, you can lead other people to confusion.
I know I sound a little harsh, but I just want to make clear some things so people don't get confused with wrong information. Nothing personal against you :)
muhree

Chicago, IL

#31 Dec 6, 2009
Why don't you go to the doctor??? They give you a cream and prednisone.
tsoberangel09

Deltona, FL

#32 Feb 12, 2010
66 toronado wrote:
SCABIES, LISTEN! I had them and they tore up my skin from me scratching. I went to a site called vitacost.com and got some %100 lavender oil(4.oz bottle),%100 tea tree oil(4.oz), and try to get %100 aloe vera gel(at least a 24. oz bottle)(NOT THE GEL CAPSULES) JUST THE SKIN GEL. When you get the stuff ,take half of the aloe out of the bottle and put it in another bottle or jar. Pour 1.oz of lavender and 1.oz of tea tree oil into each half of the bottle and mix it in real good with a spoon or fork. It should last you for 2 weeks or more on your whole body. Only use it 2 to 4 times on your whole body except your eyes. It is good for head lice too. You will feel better in 2 days ,believe me! It will KILL SCABIES FAST.It worked on my dogs in 2 weeks too! It saved me and now i keep this mix around and use it everyday as my lotion.We are happy now. Good for scars too. Best Wishes.
i was wondering I used permethin on my puppy she was keeping me up all night, when i washed her with the oatmeal shampoo , dried her then put yhe permethin on her she is not scatching like she was nor is she keeping me up all night screaming,,I have purchased lime and sulfer (powder) only way to get the sulfer was from a pharmasist, I bough the lime(powder) from walmart.I am gonna try that next, a vet told me about it. I will let you know how it works out
buggie

United States

#33 Feb 12, 2010
There's a product called lymdip at the vets. Its liquid sulfur. Good stuff and cheap.
Pokadot Patty

United States

#34 Feb 12, 2010
lemon guy wrote:
my lemon treatment totally failed. a hundred buck and time was gone away. i have to say if there is someone considers lemon, don't do that. save your time and money. now i come back to iver. and neem as a new trial. hope it works..
The key ingredient in lemon oil, orange oil, and lemongrass oil is d-Limonene. It does kill mites, but they adapt so quickly. I would suggest that should you wish to try this ...mix them with a good oil or cream (coconut, olive,vitamin E...etc. for use as a topical.

Alternate them with lavender oil. The oils I have noted are the most effective against the bug. Most of them are now immune to tea tree oil.

They would be more effective with Iver. taken internally.

Patty
nygirl32

Rhinebeck, NY

#35 Apr 17, 2010
I had the rash for about 2 weeks before going to the doctor. Didn't know what it was. Turned out its scabies. The doctor prescribed Permathin. I applied head to toe as directed. Used entire tube. It didn't work. Rash spread. Went to get script refilled but wasn't allowed to for 2 wks.
Now I am doing a combo of Neem oil and soap, then at night Tea Tree Oil. I think rash stoped spreading. Tea Tree oil really stops the itch. Not sure if I am cured though. How does one know if something is working?
buggie

Albuquerque, NM

#36 Apr 17, 2010
We need to bury this lemon thread. Lemon doesn't work as a cure all. I like lemons don't get me wrong.
nygirl32,
there's lots of good posts here. Spray some windex on your computer monitor desk and keyboard, light a nonperfumy candle away from you (heat and light attract mites) and enjoy reading the posts.
If you start good lifelong habits posted here, you will prevent getting mites in the future. Now you've had them, you can pick them up very fast.
Hope permethrin works for you.
Blake

United States

#37 Mar 7, 2011
Tea Tree Girl wrote:
Hey, im 13 and i have scabies.. i got it from my 6 week old puppy.. ive been using the tea tree oil and its been working pretty good.. i put about 15-20 drops into a really hot bath.. then i soak for about 20-30 minutes according to how many "bumps" there is.. i have been doing this for about a week now and so far good results! hope it works for you too!
You can't get scabies from a dog. They have their own version exclusive to canines, but neither lives on the other. You can't get it from a dog and your dog can't get it from you. You had to have gotten it from another person.
Aaron

Hollywood, FL

#38 Mar 7, 2011
Blake wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't get scabies from a dog. They have their own version exclusive to canines, but neither lives on the other. You can't get it from a dog and your dog can't get it from you. You had to have gotten it from another person.
Sorry, but you are WRONG. You, absolutely, CAN get canine scabies from your dog and also your CAT. And they can get mites from you. You may not be their preferred host, but, absolutely, these mites can breed and survive on you. Take that to the bank.
lemmon guy tooo

Philadelphia, PA

#39 Apr 21, 2011
lemon guy wrote:
I'm now going on with only lemon oil and lemon grass and jojoba oil. I'll let you know if situation is developed. good all to you.
F
I tried myself perm but not anything else i think is better to drink lemmon juice a lot and as far as perm you have to do it many times

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#40 Apr 22, 2011
Aaron wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but you are WRONG. You, absolutely, CAN get canine scabies from your dog and also your CAT. And they can get mites from you. You may not be their preferred host, but, absolutely, these mites can breed and survive on you. Take that to the bank.
Recently I decided I had to tell the vet why I wanted to keep my dog on year-long flea and tick treatment. She immediately told me her story about getting bird mites when converting a barn from chickens to one for horses. She said every dog, cat, horse, and family member got bird mites. Of course MD's protectionism prevent the vets from sharing their cures for people. Anyway, it was nice to have someone from the medical community corroborate what I've been saying, that my dog had mites as well.
Plum

Saint Paul, MN

#41 Jul 1, 2011
I just rubbed an orange on a few itchy spots to test, and the itching stopped as soon as it dried. 1rst time for everything ;>
justsaying

Tampa, FL

#42 Jul 10, 2011
Ok I know for a fact you can get it from a dog,I work around Dogs and You can get it from them, they have flakes that falls from them and can fall on your skin and you can get it that way, so when you wash your dogs use gloves cause you can get it...
Blake wrote:
<quoted text>
basictruth

San Antonio, TX

#43 Jul 17, 2011
the white chemical medicines of today have No natural place in the organic human machine . all effects and relief from conditions are only a temporary and costly cure. the chemical eventually poison your liver (trying to detoxify the blood) and kill the patient. if doctors sold cheap and effective cures , they would have no place and no income. so stop the scamming and stop murdering these poor unknowing people. they deserve to live just as much as the doctors poisoning them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
how do i get rid of scabies once and for all? i... (Feb '07) 1 hr magpie 4,456
Albendazole works 4 hr Wtf 4
50 Tips for scabies 9 hr Singer 18
Over the counter scabies treatment at walmart 9 hr Singer 5
SHAMPOO for scabies in the hair 16 hr bjmmaynard 14
Dont waste money on theses things for scabies 16 hr Singer 4
Yayyy I am cured of scabies 16 hr Harry walter 11
More from around the web