Symptoms of Scabies Rash, Causes and ...

Symptoms of Scabies Rash, Causes and Scabies Treatment

There are 51 comments on the Buzzle.com story from Apr 25, 2007, titled Symptoms of Scabies Rash, Causes and Scabies Treatment. In it, Buzzle.com reports that:

Scabies Rash is an early and most found symptom in this kind of infestation that is characterized by irresistible itching due to the presence of microscopic mites. via Buzzle.com

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Buzzle.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Itty Bitty Critters

Deerfield Beach, FL

#41 May 23, 2008
If you are getting reinfested from your bed, buy a $10 twin size air mattress from walmart in the camping section. you can rinse it off in the shower, works great!! Also, I no longer use pillows. I roll up a towel and use that and wash it the next day.
janetinnyc

Pinellas Park, FL

#42 May 28, 2008
Thank you for address. Will contact you directly. You know, I forgot about the microwave and shoes. IT does help, right? Also, will need to reacquaint myself with laundry and cleaning info. I remember now Borax on floors. Also, does air mattress really work? I can just imagine them jumping on me right from floor. How do you manage with mattress on floor? Vinyl underneath? Re: towel for pillow, does garbage bags on pillow not work? Like I said, I will be contacting you directly. HOpefully, we can even talk, although I have to find a solution for the phone. I have 3 now and they're all infected! They need time away from me. Larry King was about cell phones and cancer last night. They all use ear pieces, which would get contaminated really fast. I use speaker phone, but it's still bad. I'll email you right away. Thank you!
Itty Bitty Critters wrote:
<quoted text>
Use the Malathion lotion. I used some of it and it works. I like permethrin 5% lotion, better, though. If you can get a prescription for ivermectin, more than 2 doses, if you can. Take that, along with the topical lotion. That should help you. You also have to really concentrate on your environment, especially with the resistant strain of scabies. I found that soaking the laundry for 2 hours, helps drown the mites, and washing in 130 degree water and I also rinse in 130 degree water, too. And hot dry. You can place your shoes in the microwave for about 42 seconds and that helps with killing the buggers in the shoes and socks, too. Wear latex gloves when using your computer.
canine rescuer

United States

#43 Jun 4, 2008
Unfortunately, a rescued animal came up with mites and it does move to people. Yes everything has to be de-bugged, even if pet doesn't have mites anymore. We bought Mitactin, it works pretty good on the dogs/for people (some) as well.It's not inexpensive but has no objectionable smell. U should be careful w/tea tree oil.
Welty

AOL

#44 Jun 11, 2008
Don't use Mitactin on cats, that is per the Jeffers pet site. It is okay for grown dogs. Amitraz is the the generic name.
Karen in Denver

Parker, CO

#46 Oct 20, 2008
Lisaneedshelp wrote:
Hi Everyone,
Recently I broke out with some pin prick marks that itch like mosquito bites on my legs, trunk, arms and wrists- nothing on the webs of fingers or toes. My Doctor says I have Scabies and prescribed Malathione 0.5%. Ok so I have not used it due to all the TOXIC reports I've seen on it. I've tried tea tree oil, Ever-clear, sulfur soap, Borax and Peroxide as well as Oil of Oregano. I'm desperate & actually thinking of using the Malathione. I think I am getting new bumps each day. I have used bleach/water on all surfaces and my bed every day. Washed all bedclothes in hot water with borax and all clothes I wore with hot water & borax. Tea tree oil/water mixture on sofa. Can anyone tell me a sure fire way to get rid of these buggars?
Thanks
Lisa in Colorado
Have you found a doctor who even diagnoses it
jenn

Thunder Bay, Canada

#47 Jan 17, 2009
When I had scabies it was the most horrible thing , I felt uncomfortable around everyone and thought it would never end,there is a quick way to end your breakout safely. Permethrin does not work folks if you have had scabies for a couple weeks and it is dangerous.

"STOP Scabies Pain And Itching From Home, In 24 Hours Or Less With No Doctors, No Wasted Money, And No Drugs..."

http://dwarfurl.com/15b76
Billy_Atlanta

Phenix City, AL

#48 Aug 28, 2009
Linda wrote:
<quoted text>
You guys, the mite that causes mange doesn't live on human hosts, nor does the Scabies mite infect your dog or cat. Look it up. What a relief to know you didn't get it from them. What a relief to know you can't give it to them either. I was afraid to pet my dog for awhile.
Humans CAN give their dogs scabies. My poor dog knows this all too well. I, too, had read all the information online about how cross-species infestation cannot occur. This includes information on the CDC's website. Their site only explicitely talks about the specific type of scabies (mange) most commonly found on dogs. The wording implies that no-cross species transmission can occur with all types of scabies. This made me feel safe suggling up to my dog as always. That safe feeling quickly replaced with terrible guilt. When his toenails started crusting over after a week of increasing scratcing, I took him to my vet. She confirmed
Doyle

Philippines

#49 Jun 18, 2011
Does anyone know if chlorine works in the mites?
disgusted from the desert

Carlsbad, CA

#50 Sep 24, 2011
You don't get scabies from animals. I think shaking hands in church could pass this around.
Maybe trying clothes on in stores, or buying blankets or clothing at resale shops.
Acticin

San Jose, CA

#51 Sep 27, 2011
I can recommend a reputable pharmacy (Acticin) securedrugstock.com/order-acticin-online-en.h... Good price and quality.
P.S. 5% discount coupon code: 9sh73h
september10

Philippines

#52 Oct 30, 2013
im from philippines, where to buy kwell lotion? no available in any mercury drugs..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Neem works 7 hr NB Girl 1
How long does Ivermectin take to work? (Mar '10) 19 hr scornatzer 235
What relieves mite itching immediately? Sat rowdyca 4
what is an effective treatment for scabies on s... (Jan '14) Sat steve marell 30
the cure is so simple, I can't believe it...... (Jan '11) Sat jhannamarie 1,549
Reinfection coming from loofah? Mites not in f... Sat rowdyca 5
My Ivermectin Treatment Story (Apr '12) Sat Rob in Vancouver 1,413
More from around the web