Symptoms of Scabies Rash, Causes and ...

Symptoms of Scabies Rash, Causes and Scabies Treatment

There are 51 comments on the Buzzle.com story from Apr 25, 2007, titled Symptoms of Scabies Rash, Causes and Scabies Treatment. In it, Buzzle.com reports that:

Scabies Rash is an early and most found symptom in this kind of infestation that is characterized by irresistible itching due to the presence of microscopic mites. via Buzzle.com

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Buzzle.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Lizzie

Butler, PA

#1 Aug 17, 2007
Scabies, what a nightmare. Be glad you can't afford a doctor. They know less about it than people who are experiencing it. If you don't want anyone to catch it from you, stay away from them until you get rid of it, it is highly contageous and you do not need to have sex to catch it. If anyone sits on your furniture that you have spent time on, they will get it. Here was my experience; I have an 11 year old that awhile back developed nasty bumps on her wrists and ankles. She would tear her skin open scratching. I had her to the doctors twice and he said it was an allergy. Well after afew months everyone she spent time with had the same thing, in different areas. Half the school got it teachers got it. Permethrin 5% does take it away. But first you have to cover your mattress with vinyl cover that has a zipper, do the same with your pillow. CLEAN all rugs and furniture. Vacuum real real good. Throw away sweeper bag. Then bath thoroughly and apply permethrin 5% all over your body. Let it on over night about 12 hours, then bathe. You can order perthrin cream on line. But if you have infested anyone, look out. It is easier to catch than what is being said. Any kind of skin contact is a big no no. Wearing contaminated clothes will do it. Sleeping on a contaminated bed will do it. It truly is a mother!!!!!!! You need to get the permethrin. Nothing else works. However, I have heard that the lice products work sometimes. But I would definitely use 5% permethrin. Anyone you have spent anytime with needs to be told. Even your mom if you spent any time with her. My parents ended up getting it. Our family spends alot of together. Well not anymore. LOL But everyone needs to get a permethrin treatment. The bad news is you get it worse the next time you are in contact with someone that has it. Doctors couldn't care less. Buy the permethrin and good luck.
Alhatesitchin

Bellingham, WA

#2 Aug 18, 2007
Lizzie wrote:
Scabies, what a nightmare. Be glad you can't afford a doctor. They know less about it than people who are experiencing it. If you don't want anyone to catch it from you, stay away from them until you get rid of it, it is highly contageous and you do not need to have sex to catch it. If anyone sits on your furniture that you have spent time on, they will get it. Here was my experience; I have an 11 year old that awhile back developed nasty bumps on her wrists and ankles. She would tear her skin open scratching. I had her to the doctors twice and he said it was an allergy. Well after afew months everyone she spent time with had the same thing, in different areas. Half the school got it teachers got it. Permethrin 5% does take it away. But first you have to cover your mattress with vinyl cover that has a zipper, do the same with your pillow. CLEAN all rugs and furniture. Vacuum real real good. Throw away sweeper bag. Then bath thoroughly and apply permethrin 5% all over your body. Let it on over night about 12 hours, then bathe. You can order perthrin cream on line. But if you have infested anyone, look out. It is easier to catch than what is being said. Any kind of skin contact is a big no no. Wearing contaminated clothes will do it. Sleeping on a contaminated bed will do it. It truly is a mother!!!!!!! You need to get the permethrin. Nothing else works. However, I have heard that the lice products work sometimes. But I would definitely use 5% permethrin. Anyone you have spent anytime with needs to be told. Even your mom if you spent any time with her. My parents ended up getting it. Our family spends alot of together. Well not anymore. LOL But everyone needs to get a permethrin treatment. The bad news is you get it worse the next time you are in contact with someone that has it. Doctors couldn't care less. Buy the permethrin and good luck.
Permatrhin does not always work.. Hell even Ivermectin does not always work..
Mary

Hollywood, FL

#3 Aug 18, 2007
Alhatesitchin wrote:
<quoted text>Permatrhin does not always work.. Hell even Ivermectin does not always work..
Alhatesitchin: You are a trip!! lol...
Alhatesitchin

Bellingham, WA

#4 Aug 18, 2007
Mary wrote:
<quoted text>
Alhatesitchin: You are a trip!! lol...
Hey made ya laugh..lol.. Hey hows the battle going Miss Mary? Doing ok.. I have not had any new bumps for over week.. But I got my perm in the mail yesterday and I took Ivers with it and work up with new bumps.. You know why this happens with Perm?? Always happens with Perm I realized..
Mary

Hollywood, FL

#5 Aug 18, 2007
Alhatesitchin wrote:
<quoted text>Hey made ya laugh..lol.. Hey hows the battle going Miss Mary? Doing ok.. I have not had any new bumps for over week.. But I got my perm in the mail yesterday and I took Ivers with it and work up with new bumps.. You know why this happens with Perm?? Always happens with Perm I realized..
I don't know why you got more bumps taking permethrin.... This does not happen to me. I'm okay. Still fighting. I am wearing vinyl painters gloves right now while using this computer. It's my 3rd pair today. I just started doing this. Hoping it will help.
Alhatesitchin

Bellingham, WA

#6 Aug 18, 2007
Mary wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know why you got more bumps taking permethrin.... This does not happen to me. I'm okay. Still fighting. I am wearing vinyl painters gloves right now while using this computer. It's my 3rd pair today. I just started doing this. Hoping it will help.
I broke out with bumps.. But I found some post on here that some people break out with bumps.. The funny thing is its clear bumps no black dot in the middle. I am thinking Histamine pumps.. I think My skin hates perm..OH that sulfer soap I been using been helping me all this week..Like I said no new bites or bumps until last night taking Iver and Perm.. ERRR
Anthony

Antipolo, Philippines

#7 Sep 15, 2007
Hi, I'd like to share my experience on one of the products circling around the web that SHOULD be helping me out with my scabies problem, i.e. DERMATECH Mitactin Argghhh. Before that, I really think TEA TREE OIL (regardless of brand as long as it's the real thing) works. Also, I haven't tried ivermectin but I'm hoping I don't have to. And also, permethrin works to a certain degree, but it really makes me feel exhausted after using it on succeeding weeks. On to my anecdote of disappointment then,

I am not going to go into any company bashing, because they really did make an effort to ship the Mitactin items on time. Even though it was expensive, the sense of relief that help was near made me feel better. After using the Mitactin Salve and Spray on the 2nd day, I noticed that some areas of my skin had small bumps and reddening and occasional itching as well, but I didn't see it as a product defect at all. I assumed that it was just a sign that some areas of my skin were really infested and in fact I really did feel some degree of comfort because the stings of the bites were milder and fewer. I must say that I checked out Wiki for information on surfactants and what anionic and non-ionic materials would do against bugs, but it became vaguer because the Dermatech items weren't detailed on the ingredients. I worry now if these things are carcinogenic or if I'll have complications in the future, but at this point no adverse problems have popped out. I don't regularly use these items anymore by the way, but because I spent around $160, that's the packaged items and the international FedEx Shipping all together, I felt I had to use some of it when I feel abit "messed with" by creepy crawlies. The thing that ticked me off was their non-response to my inquiries on the seemingly allergic reactions I had. At that time, I wasn't even thinking that they ripped me off or anything. The items to a certain degree work, but by not replying at all during my time of need for help was simply too much to bear. I brought my business to them and they didn't even respond. Although they did respond to my first inquiry on whether or not the substance was applicable to the face, the other inquiries that, I guess, they thought were seemingly accusing in tone was something to be ignored. Until today, September 15, 2007 (Saturday) they have not responded to me.
Alhatesitchin

Bellingham, WA

#8 Sep 15, 2007
Anthony wrote:
Hi, I'd like to share my experience on one of the products circling around the web that SHOULD be helping me out with my scabies problem, i.e. DERMATECH Mitactin Argghhh. Before that, I really think TEA TREE OIL (regardless of brand as long as it's the real thing) works. Also, I haven't tried ivermectin but I'm hoping I don't have to. And also, permethrin works to a certain degree, but it really makes me feel exhausted after using it on succeeding weeks. On to my anecdote of disappointment then,
I am not going to go into any company bashing, because they really did make an effort to ship the Mitactin items on time. Even though it was expensive, the sense of relief that help was near made me feel better. After using the Mitactin Salve and Spray on the 2nd day, I noticed that some areas of my skin had small bumps and reddening and occasional itching as well, but I didn't see it as a product defect at all. I assumed that it was just a sign that some areas of my skin were really infested and in fact I really did feel some degree of comfort because the stings of the bites were milder and fewer. I must say that I checked out Wiki for information on surfactants and what anionic and non-ionic materials would do against bugs, but it became vaguer because the Dermatech items weren't detailed on the ingredients. I worry now if these things are carcinogenic or if I'll have complications in the future, but at this point no adverse problems have popped out. I don't regularly use these items anymore by the way, but because I spent around $160, that's the packaged items and the international FedEx Shipping all together, I felt I had to use some of it when I feel abit "messed with" by creepy crawlies. The thing that ticked me off was their non-response to my inquiries on the seemingly allergic reactions I had. At that time, I wasn't even thinking that they ripped me off or anything. The items to a certain degree work, but by not replying at all during my time of need for help was simply too much to bear. I brought my business to them and they didn't even respond. Although they did respond to my first inquiry on whether or not the substance was applicable to the face, the other inquiries that, I guess, they thought were seemingly accusing in tone was something to be ignored. Until today, September 15, 2007 (Saturday) they have not responded to me.
Hey Anthony that stuff is all scams they dont't work with the exception of Tea Tree oil which actually works but you have to be careful as it can cause issues when overuse of tea tree oils.
Katepoo

Miami, FL

#9 Sep 18, 2007
I just found this post doing a search for, "Scabies that is not responding to treatment". I've been dealing with this (forgive my language) crap for 3 or 4 months now. I am also 20 weeks pregnant. Everyone in my household has caught it from me, been treated with the Permethrin twice (once intially and then again 3 days later like the doc said) and they have been cured of it. I, on the other hand, have been treated 4 times and still new burrows errupt. Mind you, I was not diagnosed until a month ago and maybe they are just very deeply embedded inside of my skin. Ugh, just the thought of it makes my skin crawl, no pun intended (seriously.) I am absolutely dying from the itching and I'm worried about my baby. I've had actual nervous breakdowns from how bad these make me itch at night. They say not to use Ivermectin in pregnancy, but I don't know what else to do... Grrrr.
Katepoo

Miami, FL

#10 Sep 18, 2007
OMG! Mary, I just saw that you are in Miami, Fl. Weird how we both have this and they say it's not common anymore... Hmm, atrange
Mary

Hollywood, FL

#11 Sep 18, 2007
Katepoo wrote:
OMG! Mary, I just saw that you are in Miami, Fl. Weird how we both have this and they say it's not common anymore... Hmm, atrange
I think I caught this from my cats. My cat was diagnosed with sarcoptic mange in March of 2006. Do you have pets? Some of the pets in this neighborhood are not being cared for properly. That's a whole other story. I am wondering where you are specifically located in South Florida. Can you take benadryl at night time to calm you down to sleep and to help with itching?
Mary

Hollywood, FL

#12 Sep 18, 2007
Katepoo wrote:
I just found this post doing a search for, "Scabies that is not responding to treatment". I've been dealing with this (forgive my language) crap for 3 or 4 months now. I am also 20 weeks pregnant. Everyone in my household has caught it from me, been treated with the Permethrin twice (once intially and then again 3 days later like the doc said) and they have been cured of it. I, on the other hand, have been treated 4 times and still new burrows errupt. Mind you, I was not diagnosed until a month ago and maybe they are just very deeply embedded inside of my skin. Ugh, just the thought of it makes my skin crawl, no pun intended (seriously.) I am absolutely dying from the itching and I'm worried about my baby. I've had actual nervous breakdowns from how bad these make me itch at night. They say not to use Ivermectin in pregnancy, but I don't know what else to do... Grrrr.
I did have a nervous breakdown when I had to give up my dogs. Went to hospital and psychiatrist for that. What is your email address or a yahoo email address, so that I can talk to you.
Katepoo

Miami, FL

#13 Sep 18, 2007
[email protected]

I have a dog, but the only thing he has is dermatitis. He actually was diagnosed on a regular check up with that. He is inside all day pretty much. He goes out to do his business runs to the door and we let him in. i know it's still possible for him to get this with very litlle exposure, seeing how contagious it is, but alas no itching from him.... And biopsy of "rashy type area" confirmed dermatitis.....
Sam

Courtland, CA

#14 Sep 18, 2007
Kate, there was another pregnant poster on here, Krissy, she had used the perm once a week with little results, then kept using it 2 times a week and that cured her. She also gave us a lot of good cleaning tips and had an infested cat that she kept kenneled in a separate room. She was finally cured about a month before her baby was due. Interesting that your doc said to use perm again after 3 days, most say 7-10 days. Thanks for posting that and best of luck to you.
Katepoo

Miami, FL

#15 Sep 18, 2007
Sam wrote:
Kate, there was another pregnant poster on here, Krissy, she had used the perm once a week with little results, then kept using it 2 times a week and that cured her. She also gave us a lot of good cleaning tips and had an infested cat that she kept kenneled in a separate room. She was finally cured about a month before her baby was due. Interesting that your doc said to use perm again after 3 days, most say 7-10 days. Thanks for posting that and best of luck to you.
Sam,

Thanks a bunch! I will have to go through and look at all the postings. The only thing that I am worried about is my baby. If I were not pregnant, I may have gone and done the more extreme measures that are listed around here. Glad I have good insurance and I hardly pay for the perm. I feel for those who do not have any or have lousy health insurance.(No pun intended with the "lousy(e)". Did she post if everything went well with the babe? I'm so paranoid about that, that she'll/he'll be okay after all these drugs. I will look around. Thanks again!
Katepoo

Miami, FL

#16 Sep 18, 2007
Sam, I'm assuming it's on another thread. Can you point it out to me? Sorry. Not very computer savvy when it comes to the blogs...?
Sam

Courtland, CA

#17 Sep 18, 2007
Krissy never posted after her baby was born, but she was a real nice person, and I think if anything was not right with the baby she would have posted as a warning. It was about 3 months ago I think if that's any help. There are so many threads here but try the scabies is highly contagious to start.

I'll try to tell you what I remember, is that her docs wouldn't give her any more perm, so she ordered from bluesky pharm in canada. She said she was a small person, so she was able to cover herself with the perm only using half a 30 gram tube each time. She was very diligent about cleaning everything she touched, and put borax all over the carpets and floors, left on for 2 weeks, vacuumed and put more down. We also got the computer mouse and remotes in a ziplock bag trick from her. She sprayed the car with lysol every time she got out of it, cleaned her purse stuff and keys with alcohol every day.
Katepoo

Miami, FL

#18 Sep 18, 2007
Sam wrote:
Krissy never posted after her baby was born, but she was a real nice person, and I think if anything was not right with the baby she would have posted as a warning. It was about 3 months ago I think if that's any help. There are so many threads here but try the scabies is highly contagious to start.
I'll try to tell you what I remember, is that her docs wouldn't give her any more perm, so she ordered from bluesky pharm in canada. She said she was a small person, so she was able to cover herself with the perm only using half a 30 gram tube each time. She was very diligent about cleaning everything she touched, and put borax all over the carpets and floors, left on for 2 weeks, vacuumed and put more down. We also got the computer mouse and remotes in a ziplock bag trick from her. She sprayed the car with lysol every time she got out of it, cleaned her purse stuff and keys with alcohol every day.
Sam, I'm not sure if you'ce seen it, but I replied to you on another thread.=+) I will search harder
Been There

Rochester, NY

#19 Sep 19, 2007
Katepoo wrote:
[email protected]
I have a dog, but the only thing he has is dermatitis. He actually was diagnosed on a regular check up with that. He is inside all day pretty much. He goes out to do his business runs to the door and we let him in. i know it's still possible for him to get this with very litlle exposure, seeing how contagious it is, but alas no itching from him.... And biopsy of "rashy type area" confirmed dermatitis.....
Kate, Since Sam brought up Krissy, you should know that Krissy had sarcoptic mange mites that she got from holding a kitten. Her 3 cats picked up the mites too. Just as mites from a cat or dog can be passed to a human, a human can pass mites to animals.

Your dog's skin problem could be something entirely unrelated to mites but there is a very good chance your dog will or already has picked up mites from you. If your dog has mites, he could host the mites or get a full blown infestation, either would create a ping/pong effect between both of you. All humans and animals sharing the same invironment should be treated, even if asymtomatic.

Please, tell your vet you have picked up scabies and speak to your vet about Revolution, it's a spot-on topical that treats and controls sarcoptic mites or scabies. This way your dog is protected and treated at the same time. If your vet says that human scabies isn't transmitted to dogs, ask your vet to read the veterinary dermatology text book. And you can buy what you online.
Been There

Rochester, NY

#20 Sep 19, 2007
Kate, I've assumed you have scabies but after reading your other posts, you may not, it could be something else. Another medical opinion wouldn't be a bad idea.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How do u tell some 1 u gave them scabies??? (Mar '09) 5 min ickyitchy 9
how do i get rid of scabies once and for all? i... (Feb '07) 5 hr journey2noScabies 4,762
arm & hammer (Sep '09) 6 hr journey2noScabies 1,003
Collembola/Springtails (Jan '13) 14 hr JFlo 604
Scabies on face and scalp? (Aug '07) Mon laffingdukk 985
Curing Scabies Once and For All (May '16) Mon Have done my rese... 9
Scabies won't go away (Aug '06) Sun Lynnlb 1,232
More from around the web