lindane
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
battle

Vancouver, Canada

#1 Dec 8, 2008
can i use lindane lotion on scalp and ear eyebrows even though it states from neck down? resistance to perm has left me no choice. iver has failed as well.
i will proceed with lindae all over the body.

any comments?
Angel

Dalian, China

#2 Dec 8, 2008
Have you ever tried BB? Some people here said "BB+5%Tee Tree Oil "is a very effective scabicide.

I used lindane on my face and body, did not use it on my scalp. I did not see any side effect, but lindane indeed is very toxic. Lindane totally does not work for me. I think my scabies get resistent to lindane. It seems that the resistant cases to Lindane are much more than it to other scabicides.

Perm worked well for me, although I have not been cured now. I'm going to try the Perm+Iver treatment.

Good luck!
scared

Otis, MA

#3 Dec 8, 2008
Angel wrote:
Have you ever tried BB? Some people here said "BB+5%Tee Tree Oil "is a very effective scabicide.
I used lindane on my face and body, did not use it on my scalp. I did not see any side effect, but lindane indeed is very toxic. Lindane totally does not work for me. I think my scabies get resistent to lindane. It seems that the resistant cases to Lindane are much more than it to other scabicides.
Perm worked well for me, although I have not been cured now. I'm going to try the Perm+Iver treatment.
Good luck!
Angel, how long have you been fighting scabies?
Angel

Dalian, China

#4 Dec 8, 2008
scared wrote:
<quoted text>
Angel, how long have you been fighting scabies?
I have been fighting scabies for one and half a year(from May last year)
scared

Otis, MA

#5 Dec 8, 2008
Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
I have been fighting scabies for one and half a year(from May last year)
Was there a time when you thought it had gone away? that scares me because I was under the impression that this is curable.
Angel

Dalian, China

#6 Dec 8, 2008
I think my failure treatments results from the insufficient treatment time. I have never done a treatment more than 2 weeks in a row,because both doctor and the medication directions say one or two times treatment can kill all the mites and eggs.I had never doubted that until I came to this forum. From this forum I learned the life cycle of the mites. I'm going to begin a new round of treatment. This time I will not stop treatment until I could see signs that every mite is killed and every egg is hatched.
Angel

Dalian, China

#7 Dec 8, 2008
scared wrote:
<quoted text>
Was there a time when you thought it had gone away? that scares me because I was under the impression that this is curable.
No, none of my prior treatments cured me or made me though I was clear of scabies.
Angel

Dalian, China

#8 Dec 8, 2008
I think scabies is curable if treated properly.

Another reason for me to not been cured for so long time is because I'm in China, we do not have so many types of scabicide here. I can only get lindane, sulfur, Eurax. These do not work for me.

I have to get Perm and Iver from abroad. I have got 3 batches of Perm from abroad, and 2 batches of it got frozen during the delivery by air.I have never tried Iver,because we do not know how to get it without a prescription until I came to this forum.

Now I'm waiting my Perm and Iver from abroad. When it comes, I will begin my treatment again.

scared

Ashfield, MA

#9 Dec 9, 2008
Angel wrote:
I think scabies is curable if treated properly.
Another reason for me to not been cured for so long time is because I'm in China, we do not have so many types of scabicide here. I can only get lindane, sulfur, Eurax. These do not work for me.
I have to get Perm and Iver from abroad. I have got 3 batches of Perm from abroad, and 2 batches of it got frozen during the delivery by air.I have never tried Iver,because we do not know how to get it without a prescription until I came to this forum.
Now I'm waiting my Perm and Iver from abroad. When it comes, I will begin my treatment again.
Goodluck with the double dose treatment....Don't forget to wash everything and scrub.....Borax in the Laundry helps a lot..Don't know if you can get that..How have you been able to live with this so long and not being going crazy? Does anybody else that you know have it too?
Well, I hope you get your meds soon....
Angel

Dalian, China

#10 Dec 9, 2008
scared wrote:
<quoted text>
Goodluck with the double dose treatment....Don't forget to wash everything and scrub.....Borax in the Laundry helps a lot..Don't know if you can get that..How have you been able to live with this so long and not being going crazy? Does anybody else that you know have it too?
Well, I hope you get your meds soon....
Thank you Scared!
Yes, I keep cleaning everything. I use something containing 5% Borax and 3% sulfur to laundry and bath.

Having scabies is very unlucky. For me, the good part is that I do not itch so much as many scabies sufferers. I read a article which says some people have scabies and they do not itch. I think I'm among these people. For me, what bothering me most is the ugly skin caused by the mites.

Nobody I know has scabies. Fortunately, I didn't give it to any other people.

Scared, have you been cured? I wish you well!
Welty

AOL

#11 Dec 9, 2008
If fyou have it on your scalp, you have to treat your scalp. You could treat your scalp with another thing if you want to. Have you tried Ascabiol? It is brand name BB. Supposedly these things can't get immune to it. Lindane is supposed to kill eggs. A lot of posters don't think that lindane works either, but it sounds like you don't have a choice. Sigh. I think that Perm plus Ivermectin, at the same time makes the Perm work much, much better. Alone Iver doesn't work the way it's supposed to, because it only gets the adults, and as soon as it is done working, in about 24 hours, you have a new crop ready to move right in. With Perm plus Iver, if the perm isn't strong enough to kill the burrowers then the Iver gets them, and surely, even if Perm isn't as effective as it used to be, it gets the surface mites. Then in one week do it again, and if still itchy, a third time. The main thing is it's really a three week deal if you quit too soon, then you have to start over, so don't skip a week thinking it's post if you have any new bumps in new places or crawlies, then be highly suspicious, and treat accordingly. In a new case, two treatments a week apart would probably work of Perm plus Iver, in an established case, it might be three weeks. Better safe than sorry. Three treatments longer apart is not the same. If your mites haven't had lindane, then maybe one treatment would work, because it is supposed to get the eggs. Good luck!
scared

Easthampton, MA

#12 Dec 9, 2008
Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you Scared!
Yes, I keep cleaning everything. I use something containing 5% Borax and 3% sulfur to laundry and bath.
Having scabies is very unlucky. For me, the good part is that I do not itch so much as many scabies sufferers. I read a article which says some people have scabies and they do not itch. I think I'm among these people. For me, what bothering me most is the ugly skin caused by the mites.
Nobody I know has scabies. Fortunately, I didn't give it to any other people.
Scared, have you been cured? I wish you well!
I went to the Doctor today and he said I didn't still have them...My scraping came back clean but I am not so sure.. I have still have rash type bumps that come up after I have been scratching...I have no idea anymore..He gave me a stronger cream and pill for the itch... I still did the spot treating tonight anyways... until I see nothing on my skin, I have a hard time believing that I don't have it...It has been four weeks today...I am hoping that what I have is a post rash....I will keep plugging along....
scared

Easthampton, MA

#13 Dec 9, 2008
Welty wrote:
If fyou have it on your scalp, you have to treat your scalp. You could treat your scalp with another thing if you want to. Have you tried Ascabiol? It is brand name BB. Supposedly these things can't get immune to it. Lindane is supposed to kill eggs. A lot of posters don't think that lindane works either, but it sounds like you don't have a choice. Sigh. I think that Perm plus Ivermectin, at the same time makes the Perm work much, much better. Alone Iver doesn't work the way it's supposed to, because it only gets the adults, and as soon as it is done working, in about 24 hours, you have a new crop ready to move right in. With Perm plus Iver, if the perm isn't strong enough to kill the burrowers then the Iver gets them, and surely, even if Perm isn't as effective as it used to be, it gets the surface mites. Then in one week do it again, and if still itchy, a third time. The main thing is it's really a three week deal if you quit too soon, then you have to start over, so don't skip a week thinking it's post if you have any new bumps in new places or crawlies, then be highly suspicious, and treat accordingly. In a new case, two treatments a week apart would probably work of Perm plus Iver, in an established case, it might be three weeks. Better safe than sorry. Three treatments longer apart is not the same. If your mites haven't had lindane, then maybe one treatment would work, because it is supposed to get the eggs. Good luck!
where do you get Ascabiol? Do you put that in your hair? Awhile ago I felt like I had creepy crawling in my hair.. I don't know if it was my imagination, I don't feel it anymore... Do they actually nest in your hair??? Why don't the Doctors tell you that?
Wanders

United States

#15 Dec 28, 2008
How do you know you really have killed every single mite and egg? I mean how do you know you have been completely cure and is no danger of spreading it to people your in contact with?
Scabies3

Deerfield Beach, FL

#16 Dec 28, 2008
Wanders wrote:
How do you know you really have killed every single mite and egg? I mean how do you know you have been completely cure and is no danger of spreading it to people your in contact with?
Since I haven't been able to completely get rid of this, I am no expert. but, I think that when you no longer feel "crawlies," "pinprick bites," and see no more new red bumps or red burrow lines, then you should be good. Also, it depends on how long you have had them. The longer you have them, the more infested you get, and then it gets complicated. My doc told me that, since the mites leave debris in your skin, you may still feel itching for a few weeks after you stop the meds.
Wanders

United States

#17 Dec 28, 2008
I don't think I was in contact with the person whom gave it to me for only maybe a month max... I noticed him itching and scratching alot, and when I started to itch in the nether area I just asked him, and then thats when he told me, that he got it from his sister whom got it from her cat, and that she gave him lotion but he never used it... takes a pretty horrible person to know they have this, and to not treat it... or warn someone that they are danger of contracting it. I dont really itch anymore... I have a few places on my skin, but I think it might be because Im covering my body in the 45% horse solution and taking bleach baths to the point of rubbing it straight onto the skin, so it kinda has this mold burn tight feel/look to it. I think Im just gonna go to the clinic in the morning, and see if I can get the ivermectin and permithrin 5% to do a few more treatments for peace of mind, Im taking it that it is also safe to use this lotion on your dogs? Ive read in places dogs can get it from you, and others that say it is impossible, but after treating them, treating myself and totally cleaning the house to the point of exhaustion I will feel better that I have conquered the problem. I have no contact with the person whom gave it to me anymore... nor do I plan on it in the future.
scared

Easthampton, MA

#18 Dec 28, 2008
Wanders wrote:
I don't think I was in contact with the person whom gave it to me for only maybe a month max... I noticed him itching and scratching alot, and when I started to itch in the nether area I just asked him, and then thats when he told me, that he got it from his sister whom got it from her cat, and that she gave him lotion but he never used it... takes a pretty horrible person to know they have this, and to not treat it... or warn someone that they are danger of contracting it. I dont really itch anymore... I have a few places on my skin, but I think it might be because Im covering my body in the 45% horse solution and taking bleach baths to the point of rubbing it straight onto the skin, so it kinda has this mold burn tight feel/look to it. I think Im just gonna go to the clinic in the morning, and see if I can get the ivermectin and permithrin 5% to do a few more treatments for peace of mind, Im taking it that it is also safe to use this lotion on your dogs? Ive read in places dogs can get it from you, and others that say it is impossible, but after treating them, treating myself and totally cleaning the house to the point of exhaustion I will feel better that I have conquered the problem. I have no contact with the person whom gave it to me anymore... nor do I plan on it in the future.
If they got them from their cat are they scabies or mange?
Wanders

United States

#19 Dec 28, 2008
Well thats what he said, that she got it from her cat then gave it to him... but I just felt like he was lying, but I did take him to the ER and they gave him scripts for Iver and Perm 5% so Im taking it that they were scabies... and he prolly still has them because he's not the type that would take the meds... I had to fight with him the whole couple days after he got the meds... I ended it... and dont have to worry about that now. But I do have to worry about if I still might have scabies, Im just not sure... I dont itch whatsoever anymore, after the treatment... other than the normal now and again itch which is not persistant. The places on my arm had scared me into thinking I didnt get them the first few times... but then again I have no itching, before the treatment I itched like crazy, usually (down there) but no itching now... just that few spots on my arms which could be from the use of Perm 45% ...I just dont know anymore... Im just gonna go to Docs tmrw, even tho this is so embarassing for me.
Welty

AOL

#20 Dec 28, 2008
Mange is a similar mite, and they don't normally adapt to humans. It took many years of being exposed to a dog with undiagnosed mange (allergies!, that's what that vet said, when the dog had no fur left and rubbed his crusty red skin constantly. Well loved dog, belonged to close relative, not mine, but mites transfered to my cat and lived there for a few years, also undiagnosed, because cats don't loose the amount of hair and her crusts were supposed to be from spider bites). But, if the mange mites do adapt, then they are really hard to get rid of. The animal mites don't go for your hands or genitals. They go for the scalp and the furred side of the arms and legs, more than the smooth side. They leave papules instead of burrows. Like round, tiny bites instead of the raised tunnels. They do leave crusts and you do get that "systemic itch" that makes you feel itchy all over. It's also bad because Docs aren't diagnosing this as scabies. It doesn't fit a classic picture. Most of them haven't heard of canine scabies crossing the line. Vets do know. And if you have a pocket scope, 30-60X is best, for these small, but far bigger than germs, mites. These scopes are cheap, 10 dollars. If you leave the light off and get near a lamp, it is easier to see these things because these mites are white. The light in the scope makes them wash out. When the light comes from the side it's far, far easier to see them. Anyway, you don't need a slide or anything, you can examine anything, like a sock or a pillowcase, or scrapings from under your nails after you scratch. Anyway, I saw a mite. Since they're mostly burrowed, it was a rare sighting, but I am positive, or I would probably have thought it was allergies or folliculitis or something else too. Also, the meds do work on me, but getting my cat, who had them so long treated, has been a real trial. She's finally lots better. Took well over a year.
Welty

AOL

#21 Dec 28, 2008
I mean that cats don't loose that amount of hair from sarcoptic mites, only N. Cati, their own personal mite. Sarcoptic mites do adapt to most animal species. It takes your own species to really make you itch so you can't even sleep. I was always able to sleep at least. And I think because they don't seem to live in your hands, that they are not as contagious as regular mites, except to households with pets. Take no chances anyway, but I think this is true. Never pet a dog or cat when you have this.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thoughts on cryotherapy? (Jul '16) 1 hr coldwellness 4
ivermectin dosage chart and info (Oct '11) 3 hr Bug be gone 919
Do you get new bumps after post-scabies? (Sep '11) 8 hr Sadwithbugs 295
Some severe cases are actually a parasitic blac... 15 hr Drdg 6
Scabies eggs and larvae And mites what do they ... (Apr '16) 16 hr Lois 5
arm & hammer (Sep '09) 17 hr Karen S 1,025
I think there's ALOT of misinformation about th... Tue Jfizer 6
More from around the web