Vann from Tennessee

Laconia, TN

#1 Feb 9, 2010
I am reposting this valuable message under a thread title that can be found with the lousy Search Engine here. This message was lost forever under the thread on Morgellons

MikDee wrote:
What does it take? it never seems to end. Is Kleen free, just like Cedarside?

Buggie wrote:
You may or may not benefit from Best Yet by Cedarcide. I personally really love it. It came at a time when I was at the ultimate end of my rope. I was able to start a new job the day after receiving my first shipment. I switched from thoughts of suicide to having hope.

I enjoy the subtle aroma, it's gentle and nontoxic. I was so tired of permethrin poisons and felt like poisons could actually kill me.

I DID NOT EVER have the horrific itching that other people have.

Cedarcide helped my enviornment and car and helped me not drop mites when I visited other people's houses for social events that I couldn't get out of. I sprayed it on my clothes and shoes, leather couches and chairs, I wiped down my computer area with it (cover air vents, I killed my new imac computer and two dvd players). I fogged the car and house and I sprayed it on my bedding area and before getting into bed. I took it with me to the laundrymat and to the movie theatre to spray on seats etc. So I love the stuff and I'm grateful for all the time that Dan and Danae spent with me on the phone and to Megan in Maui for posting Cedarcide on her stopskinmites.com website.

That said, it did not kill mites in my hair or on my skin. It kills them on contact but it doesn't cure totally. It's not mean to cure them if they are living INSIDE the skin. Ivermectin kills them inside the body and is recommended by Dr. Ben Oldag creator of Best Yet by Cedarcide.

I spent a lot on Cedarcide and I don't regret one penny. I hardly use it now but I still have a gallon or two.

I've heard Kleen free is good. I've also heard there's a cheaper place to buy the equivalent. I've never used it.

My other favorite and affordable items are: apple
flavored horse paste ivermectin, now I'm liking D.E. if I can ever remember to ingest it, pomado de azufre sulfur cream, and now I'm really liking baking soda made into a paste for the skin. I might try that on my hair soon. I washed my hair last night with arm and hammer powdered laundry detergent (recommended by bitten1) and my hair is kinda thrashed right now but I have color and bleach on my hair. I will use Arm and Hammer powdered laundry detergent for all laundry forever. I am 99 percent cured but I may have mites living in my liver or inside my skin forever. Occasionally I see a tiny red pinpricks on my shoulder and Vann posted that that is a hatchling making a moulting pouch. So that's not something I will ignore. In August 2008 I was totally infested without feeling a thing on my skin. So I won't ignore tiny pinpricks on my skin!!

Vann Wrote:
Does anyone else have anything worthwhile to add to this thread on Cedarcide? I think it is terrific if you can stand the strong cedarcide smell.
"Best Yet" Cedarcide spray kit $99
http://www.cedarcidestore.com/page/page/58051...

It has an AMAZING side effect. My pet parrot, African Gray, scratches up my hand and cedarcide cleared up all the scabs TOTALLY within a few days!!! I could not believe it.

Vann
merry beth

United States

#2 Feb 21, 2010
Vann from Tennessee wrote:
I am reposting this valuable message under a thread title that can be found with the lousy Search Engine here. This message was lost forever under the thread on Morgellons
MikDee wrote:
What does it take? it never seems to end. Is Kleen free, just like Cedarside?
Buggie wrote:
You may or may not benefit from Best Yet by Cedarcide. I personally really love it. It came at a time when I was at the ultimate end of my rope. I was able to start a new job the day after receiving my first shipment. I switched from thoughts of suicide to having hope.
I enjoy the subtle aroma, it's gentle and nontoxic. I was so tired of permethrin poisons and felt like poisons could actually kill me.
I DID NOT EVER have the horrific itching that other people have.
Cedarcide helped my enviornment and car and helped me not drop mites when I visited other people's houses for social events that I couldn't get out of. I sprayed it on my clothes and shoes, leather couches and chairs, I wiped down my computer area with it (cover air vents, I killed my new imac computer and two dvd players). I fogged the car and house and I sprayed it on my bedding area and before getting into bed. I took it with me to the laundrymat and to the movie theatre to spray on seats etc. So I love the stuff and I'm grateful for all the time that Dan and Danae spent with me on the phone and to Megan in Maui for posting Cedarcide on her stopskinmites.com website.
That said, it did not kill mites in my hair or on my skin. It kills them on contact but it doesn't cure totally. It's not mean to cure them if they are living INSIDE the skin. Ivermectin kills them inside the body and is recommended by Dr. Ben Oldag creator of Best Yet by Cedarcide.
I spent a lot on Cedarcide and I don't regret one penny. I hardly use it now but I still have a gallon or two.
I've heard Kleen free is good. I've also heard there's a cheaper place to buy the equivalent. I've never used it.
My other favorite and affordable items are: apple
flavored horse paste ivermectin, now I'm liking D.E. if I can ever remember to ingest it, pomado de azufre sulfur cream, and now I'm really liking baking soda made into a paste for the skin. I might try that on my hair soon. I washed my hair last night with arm and hammer powdered laundry detergent (recommended by bitten1) and my hair is kinda thrashed right now but I have color and bleach on my hair. I will use Arm and Hammer powdered laundry detergent for all laundry forever. I am 99 percent cured but I may have mites living in my liver or inside my skin forever. Occasionally I see a tiny red pinpricks on my shoulder and Vann posted that that is a hatchling making a moulting pouch. So that's not something I will ignore. In August 2008 I was totally infested without feeling a thing on my skin. So I won't ignore tiny pinpricks on my skin!!
Vann Wrote:
Does anyone else have anything worthwhile to add to this thread on Cedarcide? I think it is terrific if you can stand the strong cedarcide smell.
"Best Yet" Cedarcide spray kit $99
http://www.cedarcidestore.com/page/page/58051...
It has an AMAZING side effect. My pet parrot, African Gray, scratches up my hand and cedarcide cleared up all the scabs TOTALLY within a few days!!! I could not believe it.
Vann
Buggie did you get the fogger along with the cedercide and did that kill the mites? I am thinking about the fogger and wondering if that is the way to go? Tell me all that you guys know about it.
I don't need to spend the money but I need to get rid of these?
Thanks for all the infomation.
buggie

Albuquerque, NM

#3 Feb 21, 2010
merry beth wrote:
<quoted text>
Buggie did you get the fogger along with the cedercide and did that kill the mites? I am thinking about the fogger and wondering if that is the way to go? Tell me all that you guys know about it.
I don't need to spend the money but I need to get rid of these?
Thanks for all the infomation.
Hi Merry Beth,

You might want to try the cheaper remedies first and see if they help you.

I believe I had a combination of birdmites and collembola (pigeons have pigeon mites, pigeon fleas and pigeon lice) from the hundreds of pigeons who lived overhead and my problem started when I started using the rooftop air conditioner. It finally dawned on me about the roof air conditioner after about a year. I also saw dead lice on top of the washer in the community laundry room where I lived.

I never had the rashes and itching of scabies. My skin was clear.

I did infest my workplace, my car, and 3 houses. Best Yet by Cedarcide sprayed stopped me from infesting those places and I could have a job and go out in public. I took the personal spray bottle with me everywhere and sprayed it all over me including shoes and socks during my work breaks while hidden in the bathroom. I worked in a large call center where perfume isn't allowed and somehow no one ever caught me because we had to switch workseats a lot. I've been complimented on the aroma quite often but some people don't like it.

Yes, I bought the fogger and a few gallons of Best Yet. Yes, it's expensive but I was also talked into buying stupid stuff (by my roommate) in the beginning which didn't help at all. I think it's better to buy just what worked for people on this forum. Cedarcide's PCO didn't help my laundry I don't recommend it. If you have traditional scabies like most of the other people here, it's possible that you could work on it with cheaper products. I like Cedarcide because the bugs I had were jumping from the floor and were also airborne and breathed in. It depends on their stage if they can hang in the air like dust particles. Fogging the house gets rid of all that and there's a fresh clean scent. I fogged the house quite often (always with a big fight from the roommate never failed). The more the better it's not toxic, but cover all electronics air vents or you'll kill them). It's also great on leather.

If you can't spend the money, make sure you're using Arm and Hammer powdered laundry detergent for all laundry forever, soak in it but don't breath it, wash laundry in hot hot hot water. SKF cured herself and house with it after 4 years and it's CHEAP. Oral Ivermectin (horsepaste apple-flavored $6-12 feedstore) and pomado de azufre cream ($5 walmart, kmart, cvs Spanish labeled products section near pharmacy) on my skin REALLY made me feel like I was not spreading bugs to anyone at all. I started visiting friends again and returning hugs. Borax and water for cleaning, Windex for cleaning, don't breathe. Bleach ruined all my clothes and shoes, alcohol ruined my car interior and thrashed my skin.

I have also heard good things about Lysol spray. I haven't used it yet but will buy it at Costco to spray on my daughter's sofas that dogs have laid on for two years and they have never once been vacuumed. The dog mites find me if I sit on those chairs. If it was my house I'd throw the sofas out. Denial is a big part of this and my daughter has it.
merry beth

United States

#4 Feb 23, 2010
buggie wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Merry Beth,
You might want to try the cheaper remedies first and see if they help you.
I believe I had a combination of birdmites and collembola (pigeons have pigeon mites, pigeon fleas and pigeon lice) from the hundreds of pigeons who lived overhead and my problem started when I started using the rooftop air conditioner. It finally dawned on me about the roof air conditioner after about a year. I also saw dead lice on top of the washer in the community laundry room where I lived.
I never had the rashes and itching of scabies. My skin was clear.
I did infest my workplace, my car, and 3 houses. Best Yet by Cedarcide sprayed stopped me from infesting those places and I could have a job and go out in public. I took the personal spray bottle with me everywhere and sprayed it all over me including shoes and socks during my work breaks while hidden in the bathroom. I worked in a large call center where perfume isn't allowed and somehow no one ever caught me because we had to switch workseats a lot. I've been complimented on the aroma quite often but some people don't like it.
Yes, I bought the fogger and a few gallons of Best Yet. Yes, it's expensive but I was also talked into buying stupid stuff (by my roommate) in the beginning which didn't help at all. I think it's better to buy just what worked for people on this forum. Cedarcide's PCO didn't help my laundry I don't recommend it. If you have traditional scabies like most of the other people here, it's possible that you could work on it with cheaper products. I like Cedarcide because the bugs I had were jumping from the floor and were also airborne and breathed in. It depends on their stage if they can hang in the air like dust particles. Fogging the house gets rid of all that and there's a fresh clean scent. I fogged the house quite often (always with a big fight from the roommate never failed). The more the better it's not toxic, but cover all electronics air vents or you'll kill them). It's also great on leather.
If you can't spend the money, make sure you're using Arm and Hammer powdered laundry detergent for all laundry forever, soak in it but don't breath it, wash laundry in hot hot hot water. SKF cured herself and house with it after 4 years and it's CHEAP. Oral Ivermectin (horsepaste apple-flavored $6-12 feedstore) and pomado de azufre cream ($5 walmart, kmart, cvs Spanish labeled products section near pharmacy) on my skin REALLY made me feel like I was not spreading bugs to anyone at all. I started visiting friends again and returning hugs. Borax and water for cleaning, Windex for cleaning, don't breathe. Bleach ruined all my clothes and shoes, alcohol ruined my car interior and thrashed my skin.
I have also heard good things about Lysol spray. I haven't used it yet but will buy it at Costco to spray on my daughter's sofas that dogs have laid on for two years and they have never once been vacuumed. The dog mites find me if I sit on those chairs. If it was my house I'd throw the sofas out. Denial is a big part of this and my daughter has it.
buggie
I talked to the people at Cedercide and they said I needed to spray
in the attic and under the floor. Did you do that? They said I would probably need to spray 5 to 7 times. Is that about what you did.... I know that it is cheaper to buy the fogger and 2 gallons of mix and then probably add another gallon or so....how much did you have to use and I do know it depends on the size of your home.
Mine is a small country home, just 2 bedrooms... If anyone else has used this please tell me, I would like all the information I can get.... Thank you
buggie

Albuquerque, NM

#5 Feb 24, 2010
merry beth wrote:
<quoted text>
buggie
I talked to the people at Cedercide and they said I needed to spray
in the attic and under the floor. Did you do that? They said I would probably need to spray 5 to 7 times. Is that about what you did.... I know that it is cheaper to buy the fogger and 2 gallons of mix and then probably add another gallon or so....how much did you have to use and I do know it depends on the size of your home.
Mine is a small country home, just 2 bedrooms... If anyone else has used this please tell me, I would like all the information I can get.... Thank you
Merry Beth,

When did your house become infested? Do you think you have birdmites, pigeons, roofrats, rodent mites, squirrels, skunks nearby etc.?
Was there a time that your house was not infested? Do you have any idea where the source of the mites came from? Are you near a large field?

If it's a source like that the source has got to be found and gotten rid of. You can do that at the same time period as the cedarcide but you have to find the source.

itchygirl has good info on using exterminators and pesticides on her house. I also watched a video on youtube about a company that gets rid of pigeon nesting and droppings and guarantees they will never nest again in the eaves, etc. Easy to do a search on youtube for videos.

I heard Sterifab is good but I never used it. Just google it.

Do you have carpet? In my experience cedarcide doesn't work well on carpet (they said it would but it doesn't, it leaves a light coating of oil which attracts dirt).

I didn't have an attic, I didn't have under the floor (?). But the stuff kills all bugs naturally with no toxic fumes. I was so sick of toxic fumes. It's also 800 times smaller than a water molecule (something like that) a very fine non water mist that hangs in the air. The longer it hangs in the air the better. Megan from stopskinmites.com left her house the first night but that's not necessary and an added expense. If it's fogged in the morning and you leave to go shopping for five hours or more the first time, it's great. The most I could leave the house fogged was 3 hours because my roommate was freaky about it and wanted to "air out the house." Cedarcide is as expensive as perfume and I don't want to waste it. The house doesn't need to be aired out especially if collembola or bugs are coming in from the outdoors. But fogging 5 hours is fine. You MUST cover the air vents of the electronics TV etc or it will kill them (from the light oil).

Nov. 2008 I bought the fogger and 4 gallons of Best Yet and one quart of PCO for $500. I think they waived the shipping charge because I was desperate and poor. The PCO for laundry isn't necessary I wouldn't buy it again. I fogged the place a lot because it felt really good to do so. At least every 3 days at first because that's the life cycle of bugs.

I also fogged the car a lot otherwise I couldn't stand to drive it. But the car has upholstery and it's best to get rid of that. Fogging the car at nighttime is best because in the daytime it looks like the car is smoking and I didn't want the neighbors to call the fire dept.

I've bought single gallons of Best Yet (remember I used it for EVERYTHING all the time for a long time but that's just my preference) but with shipping it's $100 so it's not a good idea to buy one gallon costwise.

And later on when I got a chunk of change, I loved the stuff so much that I bought 8 gallons all at once and I had them throw in a whole bunch of free stuff (insect killing cream to try it out). It's possible to make a little deal now and then, like free shipping. I always ask for a free personal sprayer.

I lived in a rental house and I'm the one who infested it. Me and my cat.
merry beth

United States

#6 Feb 24, 2010
Buggie,
I was in hospital in December and the end of January I noticed
I had a problem with some breaking out. I went to the doctor the first of Feburary and
was dignosed with scabies. Since then I can see the critters. They are little tiny black specks and they will get on you. I don't know what kind of mite they are but they sure can bite.
I think they can be air borne too. I put the DE around my bed legs
and they still can get on my bed even with it away from the wall.
No I do not know where they are coming from, I wish I did. I don't
have a clue what kind of mite they are. I hope someone can tell me what a birdmite looks like. I am out in the country and there are fields and animals around my home. I do not have any dogs but I did just before I went to the hospital in November.
Yes I have had a bottle of Sterifab it is good but it is expensive
for the size bottle that it is. It works but I could use it up in no time.
Maybe I havent settled down to one thing yet but I need to get these things out of my home and off me so I can get on getting
well. I am to the point I must watch myself or I will go out and spend a whole lot of money and have already on some things. I like to get information from some of you guys because it helps me
to understand what is working for you.
I don't think you get 4 gallons of BEST YET with the fogger. I should check that out again. They did tell me that I would need
to fog every 3 days and use it on my clothes and every where. Yes I do have carpet so I will remember that.
Oh I have a truck and it has leather seats in it and carpet. Will
that do well with the Best Yet? I did just use a dry mist bomb
in it and it was ok. I don't have a clue if it killed any thing or not, I am leaving it closed up for a few days.
Thanks
buggie

Albuquerque, NM

#7 Mar 11, 2010
merry beth wrote:
Buggie,
I was in hospital in December and the end of January I noticed
I had a problem with some breaking out. I went to the doctor the first of Feburary and
was dignosed with scabies. Since then I can see the critters. They are little tiny black specks and they will get on you. I don't know what kind of mite they are but they sure can bite.
I think they can be air borne too. I put the DE around my bed legs
and they still can get on my bed even with it away from the wall.
No I do not know where they are coming from, I wish I did. I don't
have a clue what kind of mite they are. I hope someone can tell me what a birdmite looks like. I am out in the country and there are fields and animals around my home. I do not have any dogs but I did just before I went to the hospital in November.
Yes I have had a bottle of Sterifab it is good but it is expensive
for the size bottle that it is. It works but I could use it up in no time...
...BEST YET with the fogger...They did tell me that I would need
to fog every 3 days and use it on my clothes and every where. Yes I do have carpet so I will remember that.
Oh I have a truck and it has leather seats in it and carpet. Will
that do well with the Best Yet?...
I'm sorry Merry Beth, I just saw your post.
Best Yet by Cedarcide is great on leather (leather sofas, car seats, leather shoes). In a car I would also buy a shiny silver sunshade from Walmart and sit on that. It looks snazzier than black garbage bags and is more socially acceptable looking. A car goes out in public after all.
You might want to buy menthol crystals to burn in the house and or truck if you end up not getting the Cedarcide to fog. Cedarcide didn't work for me on carpets even though Dave from Cedarcide says it does. It helps a little but has oil so it attracts dirt from your shoes and the carpet will look grimey. Lysol spray on your truck floor carpet is better. But don't breathe it! Windex works good too but probably Lysol is better.
It sounds like you may have gotten mites from the outdoor wild animals, from the dogs in November, or from the hospital. I don't think it's important to spend time trying to find out what kind of mites they are (if someone can identify them that's great though) but not to waste time on it. You just want them gone. Eventually the lightbulb moment will come on where these things came from. If they were from the hospital, please sue the c r a p out of the hospital. Do hospitals have bedbugs?? A possibility. See, I'm doing it now. Trying to figure out where they came from.
Sterifab is good but I never used it myself. I read good reviews on amazon. Cedarcide is expensive too. Just choose what you spend money on wisely.
You are wise to try to keep costs down. It's easy to waste money on stuff that doesn't work.
You mentioned visible black specks. I never had black specks. It sounds like rodent mites but I'm no expert. I hope there are no places in your home where a dead mouse is. skf finally found a dead mouse covered in black specks in her garage. The whole house was infested for 4 years. It was that or the bird nest she brought in. I hope no one cut the tall grass in a neighboring field or empty lot near you. That's when my problem began.
I did read on a mite forum that you MUST find the cause and remove it, if it's a dead rodent or rodents near your house or roof rats or pigeons, etc. Cedarcide will get rid of airborne mites in your house but the mites will still come in if there's a source nearby...look at air vents, heating vents, air conditioner vents.
trust-on

West Orange, NJ

#8 Apr 15, 2010
Buggie, I'm with you on the Cedarcide. That stuff really works. But we probably haven't done it as frequently as necessary. Are you still dealing with the bugs?????
buggie

Monterey Park, CA

#9 Apr 17, 2010
Hi trust on,

I'm glad you like best yet. I've been accused by joe of making money off it which is not true at all.

I have moved 3 times since the pigeon mites/collembola began aug. 2008. I also drove the entire country with my job. I felt totally over it but I still kept drying my clothes on hot hot hot for 2 hours.

In october 2009 I moved in with my grown daughter and her dogs. I was 98% over the bugs but I feel them occassionally in her doggie couches which never have been cleaned. Her dog sleeps on her bed. I change her sheets, she never would. The dogs last bath was 6 months ago. He is a great dog, I never see him scratching. But I wash my hands after I touch him.

Luckily we have wood floors and I cedarcided them the first week. Then put d.e. on them.

And I also think bugs hide out in our hair and scalp toward the end. I took iver last week because I felt a vibration under my skin on my back which had been my most infested place. I haven't fogged this house
buggie

Monterey Park, CA

#10 Apr 19, 2010
Bump for mookie.
trust-on

West Orange, NJ

#11 Apr 21, 2010
can anyone help with ideas for kitties?
also, we have been sauna-ing to try and bring them out, and bring them out it does we are feeling more crawling and more tracks. ugh.
is ivermectin paste the only answer?
Bitey

Portland, OR

#12 Apr 21, 2010
Here is what I am doing with my cats:

1. Shaving them every night (since you cannot do it all at once. You can eventually finish shaving them in a few days.)

2. Bathing them

3. Applying revolution once they are dry.

Then, if this does not work I plan on:

1. Shaving them
2. Lyme Dipping them.

I think shaving thier thick fur off is the key so that there is less fur to infest and bathing, etc is easier.
merry beth

Redmond, WA

#13 Apr 23, 2010
Buggie I have a question. Megan with stopskinmites.com said she used catsclaw tinture.
Have you ever tried that? And I would like to talk to you or Megan can you help me with that. Just email would be fine if possible. I have studied cats claw it sounds interesting.
buggie

Monterey Park, CA

#14 Apr 24, 2010
Merry beth,
Megan doesn't update her website because she's not a webmaster. I personally wasted money on catsclaw and pau d arco. I like tinctures but they are not fast cures one needs when heavily infested. Spending money on those things adds up quickly and adds up to the thousands of dollars I spent on this.
I found megans number from the arbonne link on her website. It was oct 2008. I phoned her and finally talked to her for 2 hours. She strongly insisted I get cedarcide and I'm glad I did. I never bought arbonne. She's been a vegan for decades and still got skinmites.
merry beth

United States

#15 May 11, 2010
Buggie are you there? I really would like to talk to you. Hope you come back soon
Joe

Hollywood, FL

#16 May 11, 2010
Merry Beth. Post your email address so buggie can write to you.
merry beth

United States

#17 May 11, 2010
Buggie here is my email if you see this
jo_btc@yahoo.com
Healing the bite

Watsonville, CA

#18 Dec 7, 2013
How much ivermictin do you guys recommend taking? Been using cedarcide and it is working after using a lot daily at high cost. Skin still has red marks and some burning.thank you for shairng.
Scabies

Waco, TX

#19 Dec 8, 2013
Healing the bite wrote:
How much ivermictin do you guys recommend taking? Been using cedarcide and it is working after using a lot daily at high cost. Skin still has red marks and some burning.thank you for shairng.
Cedarcide doesn't work for scabies. And it doesn't really work in the environment, either. Do not get caught up in the online scams, the so-called "scabies cures" out there. They don't work. I would take a hefty dosage of ivermectin every 7 days for about four weeks. Use a good topical, too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
White and black specks...crawlies....scratch ma... (Jan '08) 7 hr jeana 128
How to get rid of scabies...very quick and on p... (Aug '12) 8 hr Dom 44
Scabies or shingles (Aug '13) 14 hr pretty crazy 3
Scabies but no rash, just itching & crawling fe... (Mar '12) Tue BAS 125
how do i get rid of scabies once and for all? i... (Feb '07) Tue Jodyy 4,184
i think i have a cure... onions! (Feb '11) Tue ingliskf 22
Permethrin Treatment and still itching question... (Jun '08) Tue scfarkas 150
More from around the web