how did i get scabies...has my boyfri...

how did i get scabies...has my boyfriend been playin about.?

Posted in the Scabies Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
mini c

Bradford, UK

#1 Aug 1, 2009
Hi i like to know if you think my BF has been sleeping behind my back. 7 weeks ago i started off itching on my lower leg but i had no signs of scabies until a week ago, ive got a rash of red bumps at the top of my legs knees and arms. i have been to see the DR twice about my itchy rash and the second DR told me i have scabies, i was givin a cream last night and i do see a diffrece on some of my body that the cream is working today. Now what got me is my DR asked if i have slept with anyone in the past 2 months, i told him only my partner, then he asked if he has slept with anyone apart from myself, in the past i would have said no because we are close he dont belive in cheating, but my DR says scabies are a STD. But i told my DR my partner has had no itching at all or no signs of this. I know he went away to see his mum around the time i got the itch of my leg and we always kept in contact and it never cross my mind till now, so it has gets me wondering. Could he have givin it me even tho he has no signs yet, If not then how did i get it. I shower daily and have a bath 3-4 times a week. I know i could easy ask him but im so scared to, Could he have give it me even tho he has no signs. Also i dont know anyone els who has this who i hang about with so im just miffed on how i got it.
mini c

Bradford, UK

#2 Aug 1, 2009
Also i like to add that i forgot to say, around the time i got the first itching, i went camping a week before the itching started and i got badly bitten by bedbugs the two nights we stayed over, again my partner did not get bitten but a couple friends did, so also i dont know if that is connected, can you get scabies from bug or insect bites. This is anouther reason too i dont want to ask if my partner has been sleeping around just in case you can get it via a bite. But i not seen anything yet about it.

Since: Jun 09

Kearny, NJ

#3 Aug 1, 2009
I had the same thoughts at first because he was traveling for work and sleeping in another state-- But I believe I got it from sitting on a coach at my sons house--

I had symptoms before anyone else--
but they all eventually got symptoms- my son got his symptoms 8 weeks after me ( though it was in his home ) my partner got his symptoms 12 weeks after me -- and they were mild compared to mine.

I suggest you be honest with your partner about your fears and share them with him, without accusing -- he could have got them at his moms if someone had visited her home and slept or sat somewhere and then HE sat there or slept there...

People get them from airplane seats, 5 star hotel beds, from co-workers, even from a hug --

You probably have enough stress and pain right now that fighting about possible cheating won't support your healing.

Cindy
The Mitey Warrior
350z dude

Warren, OH

#4 Aug 1, 2009
I got mine from an airplane seat...
mini c

Bradford, UK

#5 Aug 1, 2009
Hi Mitey Warrior and thanks for your reply

see i was never told you could get them from seats, i was told it was STD and you only get it via skin to skin contact. also miffed has our daughter who 14 has had no signs too, but see that opens up anouher side now because i use public transport a lot so also maybe i got it from that. Me and my bf have not had the talk in a big way, but soon has he found out what my rash was he did say dont look at me because i have not got, but he has been very supportive and all been treated with the cream last night, But since the DR says STD only my mind raced a little still. do you know even if he did give it me via his mums or other ways, why have i have all the signs and he's not even had a scratch yet, or does that mean i give it him. ho im so confused lol.

Since: Jun 09

Kearny, NJ

#6 Aug 1, 2009
My experience is: It takes people anywhere from 2 to 12 weeks to show symptoms. And some people never show anything and are just carriers ( now THAT'S SCARY!)

I think that people who are more allergic or sensitive show symptoms first. I have a suppressed immune system and I'm allergic to bug bites-- so I was full blown covered and itching out of my mind in 2 weeks. I've read that if you get Scabies a second time - the symptoms show up in days...

Regardless-- everyone MUST treat at the same time, in the same way and for the same duration- while working together to clean EVERYTHING in the house and do all the laundry etc...

People who aren't itching and symptomatic aren't as willing to treat and clean --

Insist that all treat together or you will have a long term infestation --

Good Luck

Cindy
The Mitey Warrior
Zelda

Portsmouth, UK

#7 Aug 2, 2009
mini c wrote:
Hi Mitey Warrior and thanks for your reply
see i was never told you could get them from seats, i was told it was STD and you only get it via skin to skin contact. also miffed has our daughter who 14 has had no signs too, but see that opens up anouher side now because i use public transport a lot so also maybe i got it from that. Me and my bf have not had the talk in a big way, but soon has he found out what my rash was he did say dont look at me because i have not got, but he has been very supportive and all been treated with the cream last night, But since the DR says STD only my mind raced a little still. do you know even if he did give it me via his mums or other ways, why have i have all the signs and he's not even had a scratch yet, or does that mean i give it him. ho im so confused lol.
First of all, your GP has no business saying it is STD. You can catch it from sex, but you can also catch colds, flu, fungus, ringworm, threadworm, and a whole bunch of other stuff from having sex, but no one calls those STD. The very nature of sex and that type of contact means you can catch communicable diseases from it, but there are a thousand other ways too.
Scabies can come off the body and be transferred that way, so you can catch it without ever touching a person!

My brother sat in my car and I used his laptop and hugged him at the end of the day.(he lives in Sheff too, coincidentally) I got it from him, my children and husband still show now signs, this is 5 months on!

Don't accuse your partner of infidelity, unless you have any other better reasons to mistrust him. You need all the support you can get, and driving a wedge in there unnecessarily will only cause more stress on the relationship, and scabies cause enough of that all on their own.

Good luck, come back if you have anymore questions
itchygirl

Youngstown, OH

#8 Aug 2, 2009
Mini,
Scabies is often transmitted by children, and is pretty common among them (think lice). This precludes it being an STD unless all of those kids are abused.
mini c

Bradford, UK

#9 Aug 2, 2009
Thank you to you both for your reply both been very helpfully. Yes we had the chat i belive now i must have got it from someone or something or one of my family members is a carrier and not shown signs and give it to me. I know it was wrong to think he cheated but since the DR says its a STD i think anyone would question why or how you got it.

Also like you Mitey Warrior i too have a immune problems. i have to have blood test regular to check my white blood cells has i get cold and all kinds of things very easy, so my DR never even said it could be why i am having the symptoms but no one els. I too said to the DR i got bit by bugs maybe it was that, but no he said it is STD related. So that also makes sense why i may have got it worst.

Funny too Zelda that your brother lives in Sheffield because my BF use to live in Grimbsy before he moved to Sheffield, smallworld.

I got to say i had the 1st lot of cream on and my rash is now slowly going at the top of my leg an knee and its not as red in places, i got to re apply on Friday, i can see a big improvement but its not gone fully on my body but i have also stop itching has much, so hopefully that a sign it must be working, yes me and my partner have also been zapping the house from top to bottom, my partner says it look like i got OCD the way i have been at the house lol, but i just want rid of it. Thanks again for your time
Sam

Cool, CA

#10 Aug 2, 2009
2 most common places to get scabies are child care centers and elderly nursing homes. 2 places there isn't much sex going on :)
kiki

Plainfield, IL

#11 Nov 2, 2009
eyy mini c. glad ur scabies workd out n he didnt cheat on you.
i kno how cheating feels.. it hurts.
so much,
(i thought i was goin 2 marry him..) n he cheated.. w my sister.
good luck w evrythingg ;)
Bill In Mich

Jackson, MI

#12 Nov 2, 2009
Hi Sam

How are you , fungus still dead?, I caught a nasty fungus that only soaking in borax 1 cup per 5 gallons for 30 min per day for weeks 2 time per day will kill, it feels like a dollar bill is sliding up my leg, very unnerving. I think I caught it when working at a house restoration that had had 5 cats and the smell...sheesh , I brought home the expensive mop and used it at my house thinking it was clean from soaking in soap, big mistake.
I am bleaching my house with a tri-jet fogger, amazing tool from cedarcide for $200.00 , it turns the room in to a london fog of what ever you put in it, total application , even in the vents, my favorite is epsom 2 cup 1/2 cup borax and 1 gal of water. This stops the bug and the fungus.

bye Sam

God bless you ,
BIll

ps
I used to visit nursing homes often
Sam wrote:
2 most common places to get scabies are child care centers and elderly nursing homes. 2 places there isn't much sex going on :)
alyssa

Medford, OR

#13 Jan 14, 2012
my boyfriend and i have scabies and im pretty sure he caught it from a kid at school during physical ed and i have my suspicions since we just got back together and right after we slept nezt to eachother i had scabies 2 weeks later it sux
Nikki

Charlotte, NC

#14 Jan 28, 2012
I put on the cream my doctor prescribed a few hours ago and the itching got WAY worse. What in the world should I do to stop the itching? HELP!!!!!
Anonymous

Union, NJ

#15 Jan 28, 2012
Nikki wrote:
I put on the cream my doctor prescribed a few hours ago and the itching got WAY worse. What in the world should I do to stop the itching? HELP!!!!!
It is natural for your skin to itch more or burn more when you put on the cream, that means it is working. As far as relieving your itch, you can't really put any other lotion on and I wouldn't put ice on in case the condensation removes the cream from your skin. But go to your local pharmacy and buy oral antihistamines which are anti allergin pills which should relieve some itching. Also if you're having trouble sleeping try sleep pills.
lmcc

Modesto, CA

#16 Jan 28, 2012
Bill In Mich wrote:
Hi Sam
How are you , fungus still dead?, I caught a nasty fungus that only soaking in borax 1 cup per 5 gallons for 30 min per day for weeks 2 time per day will kill, it feels like a dollar bill is sliding up my leg, very unnerving. I think I caught it when working at a house restoration that had had 5 cats and the smell...sheesh , I brought home the expensive mop and used it at my house thinking it was clean from soaking in soap, big mistake.
I am bleaching my house with a tri-jet fogger, amazing tool from cedarcide for $200.00 , it turns the room in to a london fog of what ever you put in it, total application , even in the vents, my favorite is epsom 2 cup 1/2 cup borax and 1 gal of water. This stops the bug and the fungus.
bye Sam
God bless you ,
BIll
ps
I used to visit nursing homes often
<quoted text>
Hi Bill,
Does this really work well?
tri-jet fogger, amazing tool from cedarcide for $200.00

I see that others as mentioned cedarcide too.
I would really like to to have your input
brfore spending another $200.00.
> so much money spent on things that haven't worked!!!

Thanks, I'm looking forward to your answer.
OMG I Feel Like screamin

Palm Harbor, FL

#17 Jun 6, 2012
I Have been living with something for the last 3 months n I truly don't know what it is... Oh and I've been to three different doctor's who have given me three different opinions. Seriously I feel like screaming.... I first noticed I had a rash right after my father passed away. I assumed that the stress of the month before and of loosing him was giving my hives. I had spent the month of march in the hospital with my dad who wen in with a cramp in his leg and passed away after he went thru a bypass then amputation and sever heart attack along with open heart surgery and finally his blood pressure dropped to a level he was unable to survive. naturally me being his oldest daughter i felt over whelmed buy emotion but one the less maintained strong for his sake.... So when i saw my body going thru it I assumed stress... I went to the doctor and she said no hun that's an allergy to fleas... Okay well it's flea season in Florida so i said i'll agree to that ( I don't have pets but okay i'll agree to that ). I was treated for allergy's and thought OK. then I lost my Job 2wks later all the while the rash has not gone away it goes and comes. seems as as if during certain times it swells but during others is stays calm... upon loosing my job my emotions took there course and so did this rash... and so i attempted to go back to see my doc but HMO was done and I ended up in the emergency room the doc there walked in the room with out really looking at me and said yeah i think u have scabies.... i said but I've researched it n its not on the webs of any of my fingers. he said so it goes sometimes... and that i had it and that's what he would treat me for.. Okay well i decided to go to the local clinic and pay the cost and i was seen by two doctors who both agreed that i didn't have scabies but it must be body lice or something along the liens. they prescribed for me the same med as the emergency room doctor. N its been 1.5 months and 4 applications of the medication. thorough cleaning of home especially the more frequently used areas and i still have this rash that swells up when it wants too and calms down when it feels like it.... when its calm it does not go away completely it looks like a baby heat rash. Me and my 7 year old sleep together all the while and i share my home with my 20 and my 17 year and no one has gotten this but me and it's been months. PLEASEEEE HElPPP I FEEL LIKE SCREAMING!! THANK YOU..

Langoliers

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#18 Jun 17, 2012
mini c wrote:
Hi i like to know if you think my BF has been sleeping behind my back. 7 weeks ago i started off itching on my lower leg but i had no signs of scabies until a week ago, ive got a rash of red bumps at the top of my legs knees and arms. i have been to see the DR twice about my itchy rash and the second DR told me i have scabies, i was givin a cream last night and i do see a diffrece on some of my body that the cream is working today. Now what got me is my DR asked if i have slept with anyone in the past 2 months, i told him only my partner, then he asked if he has slept with anyone apart from myself, in the past i would have said no because we are close he dont belive in cheating, but my DR says scabies are a STD. But i told my DR my partner has had no itching at all or no signs of this. I know he went away to see his mum around the time i got the itch of my leg and we always kept in contact and it never cross my mind till now, so it has gets me wondering. Could he have givin it me even tho he has no signs yet, If not then how did i get it. I shower daily and have a bath 3-4 times a week. I know i could easy ask him but im so scared to, Could he have give it me even tho he has no signs. Also i dont know anyone els who has this who i hang about with so im just miffed on how i got it.
Scabies are not an STD only. You can get them that way but these things are far more easily transmitted from person to person then you would think. A well infected person in the room with you is dropping these things all over and they have 3 days to get on someone new.

An STD no more like a plague.
swetiepie

United States

#19 Jun 26, 2012
i had sex with my boyfriend two weeks after i got medication for scabies we were broken up for a month before i got scabies will he get them!?

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#20 Jun 26, 2012
swetiepie wrote:
i had sex with my boyfriend two weeks after i got medication for scabies we were broken up for a month before i got scabies will he get them!?
Most likely he will. Scabies is very contagious and takes some time to come to the surface. But he could have it from other sources as well and have given it to you.

It is highly contagious, so he needn't have slept with anyone to get it. Just brushing up against someone with mites, or touching a dog or working out in a gym can transmit it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is anyone else seeing the mites and picking fro... (Nov '10) 40 min Meka 19
Take it to the next level: Albendazole and Praz... (Jul '13) 11 hr fighting2 55
How to soothe post scabies itch? 15 hr sdcsteve 4
Scabies Clinical Trials Details United States 15 hr sdcsteve 18
How does Ivermectin work exactly? (Mar '11) Fri Laroc17 132
Happy Jack's Kennel Dip II (Sep '11) Fri Derrell 21
Deet for scabies? (Jun '13) Fri Derrell 13
More from around the web