Young mom & 1 year old scabies help

Posted in the Scabies Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Youngmom

Dallas, TX

#1 Sep 24, 2013
I began itching about 4 months ago, I didn't think anything of it. I thought maybe it was my eczema that came back from when I was a baby or dry skin. I don't know, I sound stupid. Well at the beginning of August my 1 year old began itching, had red bumps everywhere, on her face, butt, around her waste & would
Constantly scratch there & her hands. Her doctor said it was an allergic reaction, I went back again, he said it was a contagious rash, I went again & he said oh it may be scabies, try this & gave me permetherin. I didn't trust what he said, so I ended up going to the ER to get to the bottom of this. Sure enough the nurse took one look & said she had scabies. She sounded so calm about it, I was freaked out. She gave me instructions, I applied the cream last night on her & myself! We are itching like crazy, nothing's changed. I washed sheets, toys are in bags, sprayed bug medicine, bought vinyl covers for the sheets and pillows, literally cleaned top to bottom. I'm so concerned for my little girl, she itches so much, especially her scalp, it got worse after I put the permethrin. I feel hopeless, lost and sad. I don't want to do this, she is to small to deal with this. What else can I do to get rid of this mite? Please help me, I'm desperate!
Irritated

Columbus, OH

#2 Sep 24, 2013
Oh gosh honey! I am so sorry. I am a mother of two and have been struggling with these pests going on 2 months now. My son is autistic so trying to prevent him from scratching has also been nerve racking. We have done a total of 6 trearments of permethrin trying to get rid of this problem although ours are very minor compared to some of the horror stories on here. Recently we have been adding 5 caps of bleach to warm bath. I also put some borax in a spice shaker and I srinklle that on the kiddos wash cloth on top their body wash and scrub skin on affected areas. It really soothes the itch and it really seems to be working. I have the kiddos soak for about 20 minutes in tub. I forgot to mention that I sray hydrogen peroxcide on body before bath as well. It will cause an itch and slight burn but the borax will soothe it right away. I tested all this before attemting it on my children. Neither of my kids have had any bad side effects. Some drying of the skin but I reccomend using vaseline on skin after rinsing well after bath witthout toweling off. We have had tremendous results so far. My kids aren't as young as your little one but all children react differently. We also purchased bed and pillow covers and a pricey insecticide offline aand treated our home top to bottom, inside and out. I will pray for you. I will pray for us all. I know it is a nightmare!!!!
Honey

Ardsley, NY

#3 Sep 24, 2013
Young mom you have to make sure you do the treatment 7 days after the 1st one. I would do at least 3 treatments make sure you start from the Top of your head down to your toes keep on for at least 12 hours. I would also take Epsom salt baths in between. God bless I hope you feel better soon. The meds make us itch its pretty strong. The bath will help remove some of the mite crap from your skin just make sure you Vaseline your neck before getting in the tub. Was it with bleach after your done. You will get better!

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#4 Sep 25, 2013
Please do not have bleach baths, your poisoning your blood, inhaling fumes and trashing your skin.Your recovery will be a nightmare.
errr4yrssovrit

Hawthorn, Australia

#5 Sep 26, 2013
I also am a young mum with one yr old iv had ths fir 4yrs iv tried everything. Nothings wrkn. Docs kept saying I hve nothing cos I hvnt had a rash only just aftr I caught it off my sons father wen we met. Docs said my baby wuldnt get it. I was so depressed while pregnant abt this. I hve used so many deadly chemicals on my body iv tried sooo many thibgs my hair is falling out I feel sick lost weight. I got rid of my car funiture clothes I sleep on plastic matress in kitchen. I hve nothing soft tht mites can live in. My son crys all time n has bumps everywer docs wont test our skin says im just stressed n this crawly feeling bites at nite isnt real. Other peopl in my family hve caught it also everyone has I tried to tell them abt it but ther in dinal. I read on net aftr urv had scabies for long time it turns into crusted scabies anddd we get millions of mites in our skin n some people with serve scabies cant b cured. N I think mites hve come resistant to all stuff iv used I hve full bleach batgs 3lts of bleach bottle tea tree salts I wack borax n disinfectants in it. Iv sprayed my body with fly sprays n slept in it used flea powders lyclear prethmins n thy do not work. Me n my partner brokeup cos of it he said he rather live withit then constantly do all this cleanning n treatment everyday, I am not livn with thus n how can my son go kinder n school if he has scabies n now my x wont get rid of it so me n my son carnt go near him?? Evn aftr we do finaly get rid of it.. Which I think mite not happen by sounds of it. N my son can only use coupl thibgs tht r safe which arnt strong enough so wat do I do. Now im thinkn I shuldnt of had a baby until I kne it was defntly gone but docs r no help. Thy say its simple to get rid of but iv read hundreds of peoples storys tht prove other wise in possible

Location hidden

#6 Sep 26, 2013
errr4yrssovrit wrote:
I also am a young mum with one yr old iv had ths fir 4yrs iv tried everything. Nothings wrkn. Docs kept saying I hve nothing cos I hvnt had a rash only just aftr I caught it off my sons father wen we met. Docs said my baby wuldnt get it. I was so depressed while pregnant abt this. I hve used so many deadly chemicals on my body iv tried sooo many thibgs my hair is falling out I feel sick lost weight. I got rid of my car funiture clothes I sleep on plastic matress in kitchen. I hve nothing soft tht mites can live in. My son crys all time n has bumps everywer docs wont test our skin says im just stressed n this crawly feeling bites at nite isnt real. Other peopl in my family hve caught it also everyone has I tried to tell them abt it but ther in dinal. I read on net aftr urv had scabies for long time it turns into crusted scabies anddd we get millions of mites in our skin n some people with serve scabies cant b cured. N I think mites hve come resistant to all stuff iv used I hve full bleach batgs 3lts of bleach bottle tea tree salts I wack borax n disinfectants in it. Iv sprayed my body with fly sprays n slept in it used flea powders lyclear prethmins n thy do not work. Me n my partner brokeup cos of it he said he rather live withit then constantly do all this cleanning n treatment everyday, I am not livn with thus n how can my son go kinder n school if he has scabies n now my x wont get rid of it so me n my son carnt go near him?? Evn aftr we do finaly get rid of it.. Which I think mite not happen by sounds of it. N my son can only use coupl thibgs tht r safe which arnt strong enough so wat do I do. Now im thinkn I shuldnt of had a baby until I kne it was defntly gone but docs r no help. Thy say its simple to get rid of but iv read hundreds of peoples storys tht prove other wise in possible
You need to make a big change to your home life. Stop using chemicals on your body and in your home. If your home is clean and you have all been treating then your mite count will be low and your skin is breaking out from everything your putting on it.If you have to treat get Ascabiol.

Time to de stress and get your home life to normal. Use moisturiser instead of anything else. Try it for a week. Line your bed with garbage liners and use tape and get some proper sleep.

If you cut out the stress and the chemicals you will see an improvement.

Secondly you should be getting a referral from the doctor to go to a dermatologist, you can claim some of this back on medicare, the first visit is expensive then each visit is cheaper. If the dermatologist says you have scabies you can get ivermiticin, if your on benifits you may get a reduced price, not sure, but this is what will fix your family up IF you have scabies. Unless your being reinfected there is no way scabies could cope with that many chemicals.

You will be fine, you just have to make some changes now.

Location hidden

#7 Sep 26, 2013
you also need proper advice for the baby and young one from a dermatologist

Location hidden

#8 Sep 26, 2013
last note, you have to get your family to treat themselves, if they dont you may have to move out, the smith family can help you or put your name down for housing commision. This may wake them up to your plight.
errr4yrssovrit

Preston, Australia

#9 Sep 29, 2013
Scabiesxnightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to make a big change to your home life. Stop using chemicals on your body and in your home. If your home is clean and you have all been treating then your mite count will be low and your skin is breaking out from everything your putting on it.If you have to treat get Ascabiol.
Time to de stress and get your home life to normal. Use moisturiser instead of anything else. Try it for a week. Line your bed with garbage liners and use tape and get some proper sleep.
If you cut out the stress and the chemicals you will see an improvement.
Secondly you should be getting a referral from the doctor to go to a dermatologist, you can claim some of this back on medicare, the first visit is expensive then each visit is cheaper. If the dermatologist says you have scabies you can get ivermiticin, if your on benifits you may get a reduced price, not sure, but this is what will fix your family up IF you have scabies. Unless your being reinfected there is no way scabies could cope with that many chemicals.
You will be fine, you just have to make some changes now.
I just took ivermectin 2 days ago on 3rd day 3mg a day for 4 days then repeat 2weeks. And ive left benzoyl b' on for 2days.stil hve it on now n added more with lyclear n normal face cream to soak it in. Baby has lyclear n baby oil on.. But cant put on his hands. But its not strong enough. I add salt n tea tree oil to his baths also. I am already sleeping on matress with plastic over it n taped up I spray it everyday bfr putting clean sheets n thin blanket. Im sleeping in kitchen on floor with single bed matress. I hve emptyed bedrooms chucked everything out n put flea powder sprayed fly spray everywherw n try to stay out if bedrooms me n my son stay in loundroom n kitchen area. Hes in a pottor cot I vacume that daily n changed bedding in it. I washed our clothed separately always. I wash hot water n dyre n I always to 3 cycles of each n add borax eucalyptus oil tea tree oil. Discofected n washpowder. And add all this n bleach on beddings n whites socks knickers. Our clothes are faded bleached n recked from this. Im thinkn iv used alot of harsh chemicals on my self n loaed up n packed it on so many times and they not gone. Other week I got a bug bomb went in bathroom set ut off n sprayed my body withit n held breath n rubbed it in n went to bed.( I feel sick all time from all thus shit) I clean my house all time . I hve ocd germ freak.already n is worse now. If I cant kill them with all this I been doing. How is my child ment to b rid of it I cant put it on him.. Sometimes I feel tempted to but.. I wuldnt. I was thinkn if I give him 1mg of iver pills.?? Hes one & 13kilos?? I been to doctors dermatologist they say I hve nothing n if I did it wuld b gone aftr 2 treatments they dont hve a clue.. Iv read up on net other peoples storys they have done sinilar as me n more n stil cabt get rid of it I also read in Australia thy done trails n long term scabies cant b cured... So wats next for us? Hve u had them n been cured???
errr4yrssovrit

Preston, Australia

#10 Sep 29, 2013
I still feel crawling!!!
errr4yrssovrit

Preston, Australia

#11 Sep 29, 2013
And by usen all the chemicals I hve they have become resistant to everything and much stronger. I feel so vad for my child his whole life had scabies. I cant put him in daycare or anything. I dont go out only supermarket chemist and home. And im always apraying chemicals is this realy bad for him? I got addmitted to hostiple wen I was pregnant I was doing all this then I end up getting bad lung infection from fumes or something. I tell doctors they say I hve nothing ir use prethimns n it wil b gone. But they dont understand it dont work unless u hve been infected short term. I seriously dont kno wat to do I keep thinkn our futures with scabies. Im depressed I dont play with my son or let him crawl around thinkn he wil infect him self more. I just dont kno wat to do anymore. N his dad wil not treat him self so do I keep my son away from his dad forever?

Location hidden

#12 Sep 29, 2013
errr4yrssovrit wrote:
And by usen all the chemicals I hve they have become resistant to everything and much stronger. I feel so vad for my child his whole life had scabies. I cant put him in daycare or anything. I dont go out only supermarket chemist and home. And im always apraying chemicals is this realy bad for him? I got addmitted to hostiple wen I was pregnant I was doing all this then I end up getting bad lung infection from fumes or something. I tell doctors they say I hve nothing ir use prethimns n it wil b gone. But they dont understand it dont work unless u hve been infected short term. I seriously dont kno wat to do I keep thinkn our futures with scabies. Im depressed I dont play with my son or let him crawl around thinkn he wil infect him self more. I just dont kno wat to do anymore. N his dad wil not treat him self so do I keep my son away from his dad forever?
Get the father of your child to go to a dermatologist to confirm he has scabies. Go altogether so the derm is aware that you may be getting reinfected.

If your not getting reinfected then you have done enough treatments now. You are getting crawling from the treatments.
You are over treating. Yes I beat scabies and I over treated too.

errr4yrssovrit

Preston, Australia

#13 Sep 30, 2013
Scabiesxnightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
Get the father of your child to go to a dermatologist to confirm he has scabies. Go altogether so the derm is aware that you may be getting reinfected.
If your not getting reinfected then you have done enough treatments now. You are getting crawling from the treatments.
You are over treating. Yes I beat scabies and I over treated too.
ow llong hve u been cured of scabies? Are u postive? What did u do? And how long did u know u have them for?Sometimes the itch dies down but stil active mites. Wen u hve crusted scabies or high infestation did u kno the itch fades not noticeable. Proven studys claim this in high grade scabies infections. Ive told now x partner to hit road until he treats but where he is now staying they all complaining of itching. Its scabies!!! He gave it to me from the start wen I met him I culdnt figure it out kept acusing people hving fleas. Ive had this 4yrs now they hve come so resistant to everything. I went dema' she kept saying I cant see nothing n gave me exma cream n rushed me out while I was 5 months pregant. ALL DOCTORS SAY ITS SIMPLE TO TREAT WITH, Prem n washing in hot water n vacuum repeat 2 weeks n cured. They all keep telling me say thing then think im nuts n need pcyh pills n im imagen'n it. Iv just sprayed myself with apple cider vinegar n bleach on top of BENZul B n lyclear n teatree oil n baby oil. N I added flea powders n mixed n put on my whole body 3rd day now hvnt washed in shower soaking it in. Ive done all this bfr.. Evn if I get rid of it. My sons treatments arnt strong enough wat else xan I put on him to permanently get eid of them. Aby one kno wat kills eggs? And also normal washing in hot water n dryer does not kill scabies. Add everything..

Location hidden

#14 Sep 30, 2013
errr4yrssovrit wrote:
<quoted text>
ow llong hve u been cured of scabies? Are u postive? What did u do? And how long did u know u have them for?Sometimes the itch dies down but stil active mites. Wen u hve crusted scabies or high infestation did u kno the itch fades not noticeable. Proven studys claim this in high grade scabies infections. Ive told now x partner to hit road until he treats but where he is now staying they all complaining of itching. Its scabies!!! He gave it to me from the start wen I met him I culdnt figure it out kept acusing people hving fleas. Ive had this 4yrs now they hve come so resistant to everything. I went dema' she kept saying I cant see nothing n gave me exma cream n rushed me out while I was 5 months pregant. ALL DOCTORS SAY ITS SIMPLE TO TREAT WITH, Prem n washing in hot water n vacuum repeat 2 weeks n cured. They all keep telling me say thing then think im nuts n need pcyh pills n im imagen'n it. Iv just sprayed myself with apple cider vinegar n bleach on top of BENZul B n lyclear n teatree oil n baby oil. N I added flea powders n mixed n put on my whole body 3rd day now hvnt washed in shower soaking it in. Ive done all this bfr.. Evn if I get rid of it. My sons treatments arnt strong enough wat else xan I put on him to permanently get eid of them. Aby one kno wat kills eggs? And also normal washing in hot water n dryer does not kill scabies. Add everything..
if the father of your kid is coming over and touching your kid, you house and stuff then you are all getting reinfected.He must not come over.If your going to treat just do the treaments properly.

If you are not being reinfected then you need to stop treating.You have taken the iver now, let your skin heal...really easy....stop putting stuff on your skin. The more you put the longer your going to feel like crap.

Your skin is reacting to all the CRAZY stuff you are doing to yourself and the environment in your home which is AFFECTING your kid and you.

Go look up pictures of people with crusted scabies, you do not have crusted scabies.

You need to stop thinking you have scabies (if your not being reinfected). Try it for a week. If you keep going the way your going you will be commited and lose your kid, seriously what your doing is UNHEALTHY.

This is my last reply to you.
vss

Hollywood, FL

#15 Sep 30, 2013
Scabiesxnightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
if the father of your kid is coming over and touching your kid, you house and stuff then you are all getting reinfected.He must not come over.If your going to treat just do the treaments properly.
If you are not being reinfected then you need to stop treating.You have taken the iver now, let your skin heal...really easy....stop putting stuff on your skin. The more you put the longer your going to feel like crap.
Your skin is reacting to all the CRAZY stuff you are doing to yourself and the environment in your home which is AFFECTING your kid and you.
Go look up pictures of people with crusted scabies, you do not have crusted scabies.
You need to stop thinking you have scabies (if your not being reinfected). Try it for a week. If you keep going the way your going you will be commited and lose your kid, seriously what your doing is UNHEALTHY.
This is your last reply to this person?? Do you promise?? Cross your heart and hope to die?
ScabiesX - I want you to know that this is NOT my last reply to YOU.
errr4yrssovrit

Preston, Australia

#16 Oct 1, 2013
Scabiesxnightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes the father has been stopped from comming. Iver is useless. I stil feel crawling n bumps reappears. Iv had this shit 4yrs n not til last year n half did I kno wat I is. High infestation 4yrs? I hve read alot abt crusted scabies in most cases thers no rashed or even itching. I mainly feel crawling n the bumps get itchy. Last nite I got demestos tht burned I put it on neck down for 10 minutes n washed off. And mainly scalp n feet stil hve crawling. My son has them bumps all ocer him he scratches n tosses n turns all nite. Im guna put second dose of prem. I realy think the mites arnt dien in washer n dyre. I feel ok until I put clothes on or jump in bed in cleaned stuff but I add so much chemicals to washer n do 3 cycles so dont understand. I hear wat ur saying. But please do research on trails n doctors hve proven high infestation cant b cured n resistantto treatment is tgey key issue n iv used the strongest chemical n I think bcos xpaertner reinfected us so many times its impossible to treat witg the things iv used in past. Explain how u cured urself. And il redo it and.see how it goes and aftr tht il get skin tested and send u results im not a fukn idiot. I realy cant get rid of them n my son is suffering cobstantly scratching evn wen I do stop treatments for weeks n new bumps come up n crawling starts. think myb it I treat everynite 6wks n clean it wil beat ther life cycle n eggs. Ps look up on studys google docs saying intense scabies cant b cured with high does of icer n prem
errr4yrssovrit

Preston, Australia

#17 Oct 1, 2013
Last nite I bleached walls windows blinds door handles doors caboards I stil need to wipe everything over inside caboards . Im think chuck the rest of little things I hve . Start from scratch n redo treaten. I hve no car couch bed n tht so far I chucked them out montgs ago. I scrubed sons potta cot with vinigar bleach n teatree then wiped rinsed n vacuumed it. N put plastic of matress. Its hard with child he mives arouns spreads n gets infected agn. I was on fone to a friends n thy think ther gettn bitten by mozzies all time. So now I cant go near them. How do I tell them im infested with scabies n this person is high class I feel discusting.

Location hidden

#18 Oct 2, 2013
errr4yrssovrit wrote:
Last nite I bleached walls windows blinds door handles doors caboards I stil need to wipe everything over inside caboards . Im think chuck the rest of little things I hve . Start from scratch n redo treaten. I hve no car couch bed n tht so far I chucked them out montgs ago. I scrubed sons potta cot with vinigar bleach n teatree then wiped rinsed n vacuumed it. N put plastic of matress. Its hard with child he mives arouns spreads n gets infected agn. I was on fone to a friends n thy think ther gettn bitten by mozzies all time. So now I cant go near them. How do I tell them im infested with scabies n this person is high class I feel discusting.
my experience is in the thread called when to know your cured and to stop treating, on my phone so cant put link.

For your little ones put tea tree oil in moisturiser. This will stop the itch. Apply morning and night and whenever itchy. Start off with a little bit of oil and test on the skin of child as it can irritate. This will also kill any miteson top of skin.

You- ignore the crawling. Its the treatments.

Do not put bleach ever in your skin

go get skin scrape for peace mind inc ur kids.

I ignored the crawling, i still have old burrows and bumps, the itch is gone, everything is slowly healing and my crawling has finally stopped. I monitor myself daily and stay calm as I dont have scabies anymore
vss

Hollywood, FL

#19 Oct 2, 2013
Scabiesxnightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
my experience is in the thread called when to know your cured and to stop treating, on my phone so cant put link.
For your little ones put tea tree oil in moisturiser. This will stop the itch. Apply morning and night and whenever itchy. Start off with a little bit of oil and test on the skin of child as it can irritate. This will also kill any miteson top of skin.
You- ignore the crawling. Its the treatments.
Do not put bleach ever in your skin
go get skin scrape for peace mind inc ur kids.
I ignored the crawling, i still have old burrows and bumps, the itch is gone, everything is slowly healing and my crawling has finally stopped. I monitor myself daily and stay calm as I dont have scabies anymore
When you say to ignore the crawling. This is for post scabies. When your infestation is full fledged, this is an active infestation of scabies. Just need to clarify this.

When you feel permethrin treatment tingling, it's very different than a full fledged infestation of scabies. Especially a virulent strain and/or norwegian scabies.
So glad you don't have scabies anymore, ScabiesX. So glad you do not have to obssess over this anymore and that you are moving on with your life. Thank God. God Bless You, ScabiesX.

Location hidden

#20 Oct 2, 2013
vss wrote:
<quoted text>
When you say to ignore the crawling. This is for post scabies. When your infestation is full fledged, this is an active infestation of scabies. Just need to clarify this.
When you feel permethrin treatment tingling, it's very different than a full fledged infestation of scabies. Especially a virulent strain and/or norwegian scabies.
So glad you don't have scabies anymore, ScabiesX. So glad you do not have to obssess over this anymore and that you are moving on with your life. Thank God. God Bless You, ScabiesX.
Yes VSS , thanks for "being there" as you promised.:D

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How many times can I use Benzyl Benzoate before... (Aug '10) 7 hr Hopefully cured 15
Cured! I hope this helps someone. 13 hr Catheryn 1
Mite nest in my groin infecting hands fast Mon Aas 2
The solution for scabies is Bleach. This is the... (Mar '12) Mon Trythis 296
how do i get rid of scabies once and for all? i... (Feb '07) Mon Trythis 4,844
My mites can bite thru Aloe Vera gel Mon ItchyInSeattle 2
Can I Mix Permethrin 10% with Lotion to make 5%... (Jul '09) Mon I hate mites 75
More from around the web