Apple Cider Vinegar
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Shellys Welltsies

Yucca Valley, CA

#1 Jul 29, 2012
I cant seem to find any real data of efficacy regarding apple cider vinegar, only some dude claiming it kills scabies and their eggs, another website says it prevents the eggs from hatching.

If I spot treat with Braags Apple Cider Vinegar on a suspicious spot by keeping toilet paper soaked AV pressed hard for 5 min, not only does it burn, but the spot goes away for good.

I have tried this over and over again and it always works every time.

Has anyone else tried it? Can someone try it so see if it works for you?
nuclear zombie named fred

Long Beach, CA

#2 Jul 29, 2012
that looks like a reliable cure, i'm going to give it a try.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#3 Jul 31, 2012
Hi SW,

Let us know how it works ongoing. Thx.
nuclear zombie named fred

Palo Alto, CA

#4 Jul 31, 2012
it seems to help lesions heal quicker and with the constant pain.

Since: Aug 12

Philadelphia, PA

#5 Aug 25, 2012
I am going to try this, thanks for the tip, because I have been really worried about the eggs.

Since the prescription meds don't kill the eggs, I just don't understand how treating with Ivermectin twice 5-7 days apart and Perm twice 7 days apart can kill all the adults before they lay their eggs, which adults do in just 2-3 days. I don't understand how anyone gets cured and this awfulness doesn't go on forever if we only treat 5-7 days apart. But, everyone gets cured eventually. Right? Lol, paranoia after just 2 weeks of this.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Shellys Welltsies

Yucca Valley, CA

#6 Aug 25, 2012
Yip, this still works. These bumps dont go away until I do the ACV treatment. The bumps change a bit then over a few days it heals.

Trying to figure out more ways to make the ACV into a past or gel solution to keep on my skin for a while. Hair gel did not work however the hair gel in the african american section worked very well. It was strange to pour so much ACV but the thick gel consistency stayed the same.

nuclear zombie named fred, i dont know what you mean when you say ďconstant painĒ after the treatment it stings but then totally heals.

I have read that the acid in vinegar does penetrate deeper into the skin than topical oils like love coconut or grape seed.

Philadelphia, PA

#7 Aug 27, 2012
Thanks for the reply, Shellys Welltsies.

I used it all over my body after showering (and shaving!) yesterday, and I think that was a mistake, it burned all over my legs, where my rash is quite extensive, terribly. On the other hand, maybe that's good, maybe the open pores got the ACV deeper into the rash.

I've tried it as a spot treatment too and the sore doesn't disappear in 5 minutes for me either. In fact, it burns, then looks worse. But hopefully they will heal over the next few days like they have been for you.

I do feel like it's a good way to just wipe myself down during the day when I'm feeling itchy and paranoid. Better for my skin than 91% alcohol, and wayyyy cheaper than tea tree oil.
Shellys Welltsies

Yucca Valley, CA

#8 Aug 27, 2012
Carefull with that stuff! It considered an acid. I only recommend spot treatments. I have a spot on my hand and treated it today. It did not work the first time. but the second time it did. You really have to press hard.

Iím very sorry to hear about the burns. Please dont harm your skin. I think a spot treatment for a few bumps is fine but not over largely effected areas. Apple Cider Vinegar is an acid that does penetrate deeply into the skin if it can stay on the skin long enough.

I have even bathed with a cup and a half full in a hot bath. I added epsom salt.
If you have sensitive skin use half that amount for a bath. I happen to have rugged skin that can take just about anything.

Be sure your mattress is covered in plastic and that you wear gloves when changing sheets and putting dirty cloths in the washer. I wish I had. Thats where I got that new itchy bump on my hand..

Wear flip-flops around the house and clean those daily too.

I would also recommend using a sulfur soap daily or every other day if your skin gets too dry from it.

Be sure to treat you head and neck as the mites will vacate the treated areas in hunt for not treated areas.

I got a prescription of Permethrin last week that I will use soon. The directions actually say use head to toe!

Take a look on earthclininc.com and see how bleach baths are healing peoplle

Philadelphia, PA

#9 Sep 1, 2012
Shellys Welltsies wrote:
Carefull with that stuff! It considered an acid. I only recommend spot treatments. I have a spot on my hand and treated it today. It did not work the first time. but the second time it did. You really have to press hard.
Iím very sorry to hear about the burns. Please dont harm your skin. I think a spot treatment for a few bumps is fine but not over largely effected areas. Apple Cider Vinegar is an acid that does penetrate deeply into the skin if it can stay on the skin long enough.
I have even bathed with a cup and a half full in a hot bath. I added epsom salt.
If you have sensitive skin use half that amount for a bath. I happen to have rugged skin that can take just about anything.
Be sure your mattress is covered in plastic and that you wear gloves when changing sheets and putting dirty cloths in the washer. I wish I had. Thats where I got that new itchy bump on my hand..
I would also recommend using a sulfur soap daily or every other day if your skin gets too dry from it.
Be sure to treat you head and neck as the mites will vacate the treated areas in hunt for not treated areas.
I got a prescription of Permethrin last week that I will use soon. The directions actually say use head to toe!
Thank you for the warning and for the other suggestions, too. I am definitely going to be gentle to my skin (other than spot treating the areas that still have bumps) until my next Permethrin treatment on Tuesday, because it got extremely irritated and itchy today, when I had actually begun feeling a lot better the past couple days before that.

It wasn't from using ACV, but I was trying to do the 3-day sulfur ointment treatment. But when I got in the shower to wash off the 1st 24 hour treatment, I immediately got way itchier than normal and broke out in a rash all over my arms and chest :( The rash has faded but I still itch. I guess I can't use sulfur, at least not for 24 hours straight.

I'm a bit hesitant to try bleach, as my skin was already sensitive before this scabies crap happened.

I started using gloves for laundry recently too. I also wish I'd thought of it from the start.

I've been going back and forth on whether to treat my face and scalp with the Perm next time. I just worry about my scalp because it has been sensitive since I started treating. I poured slightly diluted ACV on it once and used a dandruff shampoo with tar in it the next day, and my scalp has felt very itchy and kind of sore since doing those things. So for the past few days I haven't even used shampoo, I've just been wetting my hair and massaging conditioner into my scalp and leaving it in all day. It has helped the itching immensely. If only it was that easy to stop the itching on our bodies :/
tina

Hartselle, AL

#10 Dec 6, 2012
i put vinergar and water in a spray bottle and spray my body 3 times aday doc told me it kills them but omg it burns i also take a bath in it
Jill

Long Beach, CA

#11 Dec 6, 2012
I did the borax and organic apple cider vinegar and I saw bugs dead in the water. It only works with organic apple cider vinegar though.

Can you give me the address of an olive tree, please?
Jill

Long Beach, CA

#12 Dec 6, 2012
Shellys Welltsies wrote:
don't do the bleach bath it will sog your skin and make you look hundreds of decades older. bathe in borax and apple cider vinegar if you must, it works. but if u have morgellons what good will that do you as it is internal.

Can you please give me the address of an olive tree?:) Shelly :)
denise

Portland, OR

#13 May 14, 2013
I have been using apple cider vinegar to control scabies and it helps control fleas as well (I have 2 dogs and 3 kittens and I spray the furniture with it and it helps kill the mites and controls the fleas and their eggs. I even comb my animals with ACV and water to catch and get rid of their fleas and hopefully any scabies that try to piggy back on them.
Shellys Welltsies wrote:
I cant seem to find any real data of efficacy regarding apple cider vinegar, only some dude claiming it kills scabies and their eggs, another website says it prevents the eggs from hatching.
If I spot treat with Braags Apple Cider Vinegar on a suspicious spot by keeping toilet paper soaked AV pressed hard for 5 min, not only does it burn, but the spot goes away for good.
I have tried this over and over again and it always works every time.
Has anyone else tried it? Can someone try it so see if it works for you?
Irene

Soledad, CA

#14 May 15, 2013
I
I just got infested 3 weeks or so ago I'm 16 and I didn't listen to my mother when she told me to put sheets on my mattress now my biggest concer is that I might need a new mattress my infestation isn't bad atleast I don't think it's bad the doctor gave me 5% pethedermin and I just applied it today I have extreme itching I stopped my self from crying a few times because its bad and my parents don't seems to understand how bad it is what should I do about my mattress ? And any other tips and recommendations to help my treatment and itch PLEASE thank you
Igor

Buffalo, NY

#15 Jul 9, 2013
These mites are tough to get rid of! Eat plenty of garlic and wash everything with bleach and hot water. Good Luck.
concerned mother of 6

United States

#17 Jul 29, 2013
I have six kids make to much money for medicaid and Co pays are to much what can I do for scabies to treat at home
Concerned Mother of 4

River Falls, WI

#18 Nov 19, 2013
Hello,
I've been reading all of these comments on scabies but no one gave an amount of apple cider vinegar and tea tree oil to put in the bath or the spray bottle? How much and do you put water with it? Could you please give me a recipe? I have 4 children and the infestation isn't going away with just Pethedermin cream. I need to spray couches and find a way to kill it in the laundry. Please Help!
Thank You,
Concerned Mother of 4
Hopeful376

Fredonia, NY

#19 Nov 19, 2013
I don't think the vinegar actually will kill the mites or eggs but it might help with the itching.

In some cases the tea tree oil will kill live mites if caught early. I use it straight but just for spot treating. If you have sensitive skin then I would dilute it with another oil like coconut oil.

I bought a scabicide on line but I don't know if it really worked for my furniture and floors. A lot of people recommend diluted bleach for floors and maybe Lysol for the furniture.

Good luck!
The cure that works

Los Gatos, CA

#20 Jul 6, 2014
I started with what I thought was a spider bite or an abrasion from some sandals. It was just a sore. But I went on several trips to Mexico where I think I picked up scabies most likely from some bedspread given the wound. I know it didn't come from contact with another person.

I didn't know what it was, but it wouldn't go away and kept spreading outward with a distinct red line. I scratched it because it itched and then got a mosquito bite on the other side of my foot below the ankle that I scratched and I think I did a no no and transported the problem there where another red line started forming. That is when I started looking at what the symptoms indicated. My conclusion was scabies.

At first I tried using a hydrogen peroxide foot soak. It was good for sanitizing, but didn't solve the problem. Then I tried using regular apple cider vinegar. I used a large zip lot bag like a boot and filled it with vinegar (about a quart) and I could feel it working. There was a bit of a sting involved initially, but it was very tolerable. I swear I could feel movement in my feet. I left my foot in the full bag for about a half hour until the sensation of movement ceased. I repeated this process the following three days and it was clear that the problem was solved. Now the skin is healing and there is no itch whatsoever.

I took pictures along the way to cure. What was interesting it that it killed off bugs in areas I didn't think were part of the problem. Eventually, everything crusted over like dandruff which could be scraped off and disposed of. The irony is that the new skin is as smooth as a baby's butt. So, in a sense, scabies is like a skin treatment although doctor fish would be the better option.

I think this treatment would work on just about any area of the body. Hands and feet are easy since you can just dip them in a bag or bowl of vinegar. Other areas, you could probably use cotton soaked in vinegar (I think any vinegar will work). But you need to go outside the visible area by an inch or two just to be sure.

Give it a whirl and see if it works for you. Let me know if you have the same level of success. I might ad that when I was young and I got a sunburn, my mom used to put vinegar on the sunburn. It accelerated the peeling process. Of course, those were the days before your parents got thrown in jail because you got a sunburn. LOL
Jet4u2me

Fremont, OH

#22 Aug 24, 2014
has anyone ever heard of getting scabies from toilet tissue. well, I did. the ANGEL SOFT toilet tissue was infested. I couldn't believe it

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I think scabies. Want second opinions (Oct '11) 5 min Sdcsteve 62
Can I Mix Permethrin 10% with Lotion to make 5%... (Jul '09) 7 min Carolbarrel 73
how do i get rid of scabies once and for all? i... (Feb '07) 19 hr kash 4,843
DO the Red Bumps go away and how long does it t... (Jul '11) Sat jesse3 16
ivermectin dosage chart and info (Oct '11) Sat sue 961
Scabies on face and scalp? (Aug '07) Fri KERNEY MAYERS 1,026
Scabies/Eggs lifespan? and a question about pre... (Apr '07) Fri Blue Dragonfly 545
More from around the web