What is the difference between 5% permethrin and 0.20 permethrin in bug spray

Posted in the Scabies Forum

Since: Jun 12

Star City, AR

#1 Jun 24, 2012
How to fine permethrin to make my own cream, we put 5% on us but the bug stuff says .20 ? does anyone know the difference? THANKS
Ryan

Thunder Bay, Canada

#2 Jul 13, 2012
You can not find Permethrin to make your own cream you have to use one of the Permethrin creams that is 5% and is made to treat scabies, there are many different brands depending on what country you are in.

Source: http://ScabiesHelpNow.com
Itchy Scratchy

Phoenix, AZ

#3 Jul 13, 2012
The bug sprays with .2 equates to just 0.2 percent (very minimal)= you need 5%.

Bug sprays will have, at most, 1% permethrin.

Don't use the bugsprays on yourself - in addition to not having near enough permethrin, they have a host of other non-human friendly compounds.
cow doc

United States

#4 Sep 12, 2012
go to your farm supply store and get DERVET PERMETHRIN 10% and mix it to the recamended amount for mange mites,, 1.28 oz to 1 gal water,,then use it in place of the cream you are talking about,, if you insest on cream ,mix body cream and the the ''1.28 oz to 1 gal water'' solution at 50/50. it will be a bit runnie but will do the job..
One more thing, Oral IVERMECTIN is an effective and cost-comparable alternative to topical agents in the treatment of mange mites or scabies. also at your farm supply store.. use both at the same time for best results...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Biting sensation, crawling, thin scratch lines 17 min Scratches 18
how do i get rid of scabies once and for all? i... (Feb '07) 1 hr NewIdeas 4,304
Treated Twice For Scabies & Have Hives Again! :( (Jun '14) 14 hr scratcher 7
How many times can I use permethrin cream... (Dec '08) 22 hr Berndette 246
Ordering Links (Feb '07) 23 hr betseyB 251
Do you get new bumps after post-scabies? (Sep '11) Thu Still itches 240
HELP! How to home-make the Benzyl Benzoate 25% (Mar '10) Wed scabiesboat 15
More from around the web