Working with Homeopathy for Scabies

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#181 Jul 11, 2012
Itchy Scratchy wrote:
Syphillis: a serious sexually transmitted disease caused by the spirally twisted bacterium Treponema pallidum that affects many body organs and parts, including the genitals, brain, skin, and nervous tissue
Ok - strictly speaking, syphilis is a disease, which is caused by a particlar type of bacteria - in the same way AIDS is a disease, caused by the HIV virus.
Kill the Treponema pallidum bacterium, and you get rid of Syphillis.
But yes, bacteria do develop resistances to anti-bacterials quickly - its a serious problem in medicine. I'm just not sure quackery is the answer.
I also think you have cause and effect mixed up. A bacteria infection causes Syphillis, not the other way around (you seem to imply the presence of Syphillis causes the presence of bacteria - this is in reverse to the real world order of things).
<quoted text>
Itchy, its kind of academic - like a chicken and egg problem. You can never catch syphilis early enough to prevent it. By the time you detect the bacteria, you're already infected. You can only use antibiotics if there's bacteria. When the antibiotic doesn't work, you say the bacteria got resistant, Etc.

Medicine has the same problem with curing scabies. And this mite is not even as small and invisible as bacteria.

The same problem again with the connection between syphilis and HIV - which came first? Did the virus attract the bacteria or vice versa.

Like everyone else I think the microscope is an amazing invention. I enjoyed peering through it too. Fine, lets also do an Aristotelian classification of everything we peer at. But from there, medicine has got the natural order of things wrong. Naming a few parasites and learning to kill them doesn't really change the disease process that began on contact.

We can kill all the mites in our environment, but scabies makes changes from the moment of contact that can't be reversed by killing the parasite. As a scabies sufferer, you probably have experienced the itch without a single parasite on your body, right?

Location hidden

#182 Jul 11, 2012
Itchy Scratchy wrote:
Allopathy, as homeopaths refer to it, is not infallible. Few diseases have easy, immediate cures. Many diseases have no cure at all. Because of this, it is natural that infected patients despair and turn to alternative medicines. However, it can be dangerous if they forego scientifically proven treatments in favor of pure placebos.
Do you think anyone here has foregone 'scientifically proven treatments' or tried them all and found them to fail?:)

So you think scabies has no cure at all??:)

Location hidden

#183 Jul 11, 2012
Itchy Scratchy wrote:
Bang,
With respect to Fred/Lotus-Fan, at least you are coming around to see he is unreasonable.
I am not interesting in any personal attacks
wrt Fred, I've always known what he is. But nevertheless, we meet all kinds on the net - I always think they'll deal with their problems their own way eventually.

I'm glad you're not interested in personal attacks - when you're on one of them, they take away from your purpose (which is presumably to save people from homeopathy's quackish grasp.:).

It would be much more useful for your target group to see you suggest new and improved allopathic methods to deal with scabies, rather than only to try and discredit a system that has obviously given them some relief, dubious or not. Right?:)
Itchy Scratchy

Phoenix, AZ

#184 Jul 11, 2012
It is well understood by the medical community that the itch associated with a scabies infection isn't directly from the mites themselves. Rather, the itch is a result of an allergic reaction to the presence of the mites, eggs, and foeces.

Thus - yes, it is perfectly expected to have an itch even after all mites/egges/foeces are gone. From one medical rundown I just read, excessive scratching can prolong the associated rash/itching for months after all traces of the mites are gone!

I agree with the underlying concept: There is no way to keep yourself free from scabies, other than via an immune system that succesfuly fights them off.

Why is it impossible for most people to kill off the disease, without immune boosting? Because, as you have mentioned, scabies are everywhere. Even if you manage to kill all the mites on you, you just keep gettin reinfected! I'm the first to state this sad fact.

However - I disagree that bubbly water is likely to boost the immune system.

Although I have no proof of this - which is a no-no as I am a follower of the scientific method, which demands evidence - I suspect that the strength of one's immunity is largely genetic. Perhaps 75% genetic.

With the remaining 25%, the immune system can be boosted via diet, exercise, and some supplements. But this may never be enough to kill off scabies in someone with a geneticaly weak immune system...
Itchy Scratchy

Phoenix, AZ

#185 Jul 11, 2012
And I agree: it would be most welcome to see new protocals, or methodically tested outcomes of existing protocals.

However, I am in no position to offer such testing, and I highly doubt the scientific community is ever going to give much more than a cursory look at what is really just a nuisance infection - I despise scabies, and don't wish it on anyone, but I have to accept that diseases like cancer deserve much more attention.

The reality is this: Most people who have been infected with scabies are likely to be infected till the day they die. Sure, they may rid themselves of mites here and there, but they are likely to just get reinfected. If swallowing some bubbly water makes them feel better - then go for it.

PS - I actually even suggested to another poster, who is suffering from what sounds like crusted scabies (or very close to it) that they try homeopathy - in the unlikely event that it actually works (even Einstein was wrong in many of his scientific speculations, so I could be too.....).

Perhaps homeopathic water has a dualistic quantum quality - when scientists observe it, it appears to be plain old water. But when nobodies watching, it reshapes itself as a miracle cure....
Itchy Scratchy

Phoenix, AZ

#186 Jul 11, 2012
As to whether I think scabies has a cure:

I think it has a cure like a house with cockroaches has a cure. Kill all the cockroaches you want - they'll just keep coming back from the neighbors house, so long as you leave crumbs around for them to eat.

The only cure for scabies, taken to the extreme, would be to simultaneouslly kill each and every scabies mite and egg on planet earth.

Which is why the idea of boosting the immune system is so appealling. Again, I just don't think bubbly water will do the trick....

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#187 Jul 11, 2012
Wow. Obviously we all have different beliefs but yet live in societies that let us follow what we want to do freely. The scientists have their beliefs, homeopathy have their beliefs, etc. if you don't believe in something just don't do it. I'd like to try homeopathy and learn about it. I did have things happen after taking staphigrasia and would like to see whatbhappens taking both staph and psorinum. If I Think it's beneficial, I might investigate other homeotherapy. Why the ugliness? We are all free to try what we want as long as its not illegal. I enjoy your advice bangalorean and do appreciate freds original idea even though he's moody. No worries people.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#188 Jul 11, 2012
Itchy Scratchy wrote:
It is well understood by the medical community that the itch associated with a scabies infection isn't directly from the mites themselves. Rather, the itch is a result of an allergic reaction to the presence of the mites, eggs, and foeces.
Thus - yes, it is perfectly expected to have an itch even after all mites/egges/foeces are gone. From one medical rundown I just read, excessive scratching can prolong the associated rash/itching for months after all traces of the mites are gone!
I agree with the underlying concept: There is no way to keep yourself free from scabies, other than via an immune system that succesfuly fights them off.
Why is it impossible for most people to kill off the disease, without immune boosting? Because, as you have mentioned, scabies are everywhere. Even if you manage to kill all the mites on you, you just keep gettin reinfected! I'm the first to state this sad fact.
However - I disagree that bubbly water is likely to boost the immune system.
Although I have no proof of this - which is a no-no as I am a follower of the scientific method, which demands evidence - I suspect that the strength of one's immunity is largely genetic. Perhaps 75% genetic.
With the remaining 25%, the immune system can be boosted via diet, exercise, and some supplements. But this may never be enough to kill off scabies in someone with a geneticaly weak immune system...
"Although I have no proof of this - which is a no-no as I am a follower of the scientific method, which demands evidence - I suspect that the strength of one's immunity is largely genetic. Perhaps 75% genetic."

It has very little to do with genetics, try being overwhelmed with toxins from every angle until your body can't cope anymore. Then when you become susceptible to the mite people pile on more poison and make it worse. It's no wonder people adapt the attitude that this can't be cured and they are right, it can't be cured using that frame of reference.

http://immunedisorders.homestead.com/Toxins.h...

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/10/...

http://www.savvyvegetarian.com/articles/more-...

http://www.enotalone.com/health/3505.html
Yummy

Jackson, TN

#189 Jul 11, 2012
Bangalorean, Yes I did go to several sessions and used some homeopathic remedies like shatake mushroom, some bacterial remedy liquid, probiotics. The machine actually gives the operator info regarding what you need to balance your body, blood and systems. I used them for about 9 months. Very expensive. I do know 3 ladies who have the machines. They cost around $20,000 plus the training to use them. The lady I used doesn't even go to the dr or take her children she just uses the machine. And yes, she did treat me with frequencies also.
Yummy

Jackson, TN

#190 Jul 11, 2012
Bangalorean, I have heard it take about 2 months of detox and living right for every year you have mistreated your body to recover. I believe you can get better. I am living proof. I have been in Hell and now I am sitting with God.

Since: Jul 12

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#191 Jul 11, 2012
lotus_fan wrote:
<quoted text>
William Boericke wrote the materia medica in 1927 that most homeopaths use.
Here is the page from it on psorinum.
http://homeoint.org/books/boericmm/p/psor.htm
"Psorinum requires something like 9 days before it manifests its action, and even a single dose may elicit other symptoms lasting for weeks (Aegedi)."
I've seen the 9 day figure a lot in my reading Although I had an aggravation on the 3rd day of taking it.
I was having some itching of the skin which I thought was post scabies and actually talked to a homeopath I found on craigslist today then went to see her. She looked at my palms and the soles of my feet and told me my Liver, Spleen and Lymph glands were toxified. She told me that the homeopathy I took would be more effective if I did a detox because the huge amount of toxins I did while treating myself for scabies before I started homeopathy are holding back my immune system. She gave some recommendations and I ended up getting this 15 day whole body herbal detox that includes a skin detox. According to her that will conclude the itching.
I read the link on what Psorinum treats. All those symptoms don't seem to relate to me. Except for the cooties, which are similar to scabies. Curious though a lot did relate to my mom.

It's horrible what damage folks have done to themselves by pouring on poison after poison to rid themselves of these pests. I hope your detox goes well.

Since: Apr 12

United States

#192 Jul 11, 2012
Bangalorean wrote:
<quoted text>
DG, the stomach-back pain sounds like an aggravation to me. You said it goes away - and it comes at the same time ... what time in the morning? Wouldn't you like to stop and note how it changes for 4 days?
I've had the stomach ache/ back ache since I started all this 2 wks ago ... The stomach pain is lower abdomen & I get cramps til I use bathroom(several times):/. Back pain is in lower back & they both come on anywhere between 3 & 5 am. So afraid to just stop treatment. I do still feel the bugs but before I did this, I had no peace at all from the crawling. It was a nightmare. Couldn't sleep, etc.. My mom gets the stomach ache to by the way. I went up on the staph like Fred suggested just today.

Since: Apr 12

United States

#193 Jul 11, 2012
Bangalorean wrote:
<quoted text>
No itching or rashes? Sounds like you could stop until the itching comes back and the stomach-backache go away.
I'm also wondering what region of the stomach it hurts and where in the back. Around the solar plexus?
B- also, I've never had the itching that some do. I've always just had the intense crawling. Still do but it's better
CallingHighPower s

Jamesville, NY

#194 Jul 11, 2012
Desperate G wrote:
<quoted text>
B- also, I've never had the itching that some do. I've always just had the intense crawling. Still do but it's better
Same here. Any itchiness is usually only just at a hotspot but goes away after I flush the wound.

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#195 Jul 11, 2012
Desp. G,
I used to wake up with lower back pains and found when I took my vitamins before bed that somehow it affected my kidneys. The vitamins would sit in my kidneys overnight for longer than they should. Also when I ate anything very salty late in the evening(a no no) it also cause my lower back/kidneys to hurt the following morning.

Are you taking any of your treatments just before bed? You may want to try taking your remedies or vitamins earlier in the day.

I even bought a new mattress before I figured this out! It was when I took my vitamins and not my mattress that gave me back pains.

Location hidden

#196 Jul 11, 2012
Hi Bangalorean and others.

After all else failed I was given psorinum 200c by a homeopathic dr. Unfortunately the circumstances were odd and rushed and I did not get much of an explanation of what I was getting, and so this is my first experience with homeopathic medications.

I had a pretty intense aggravation and since, it's been up & down with a trend toward overall improvement. I have spoken with my doc over the phone and she says to give it a month or two, and I have a follow up with her at end of month. Banga, you were kind enough to reassure me about this in a private message. It has taken its time but seems to have done more for me than any other treatment.

It has been four weeks today. I got out of the shower earlier and it was like I had showered in acid. Afterward and for a few hours my skin went totally berserk. I see nothing unusual except signs of my scratching, but it was a few hrs of complete insanity - like burning from the inside, more itchy than I have been since this all began. I tore my clothes, cried, and was ready to jump out a window. It has calmed, after this maybe 2 hr tidal wave. I'm still pretty ignorant of the ways of homeopathic treatments, so .. if anyone can clarify ..

What the heck is going on here? Is this my sign that the psorinum has done all it will and it's time to succomb to plan B? Or is this something I should have expected and should be interpreting differently? Or - totally unrelated?(I ate nothing unusual, so I don't believe it to be an unrelated allergic response).

thanks .. patience .. patience ..

-L

Location hidden

#197 Jul 11, 2012
lotus_fan wrote:
I was having some itching of the skin which I thought was post scabies and actually talked to a homeopath I found on craigslist today then went to see her. She looked at my palms and the soles of my feet and told me my Liver, Spleen and Lymph glands were toxified. She told me that the homeopathy I took would be more effective if I did a detox because the huge amount of toxins I did while treating myself for scabies before I started homeopathy are holding back my immune system. She gave some recommendations and I ended up getting this 15 day whole body herbal detox that includes a skin detox. According to her that will conclude the itching.
Lotus, would you be willing to post the detox method recommended by your doc?

I found this online some time ago and think it is very interesting (scroll down past VITAMIN D to "take action" section and check out the "40,000 mile service" recommended for skin rash sufferers)

http://www.credencegroup.co.uk/Eclub/Eclubsea...

-L

Location hidden

#198 Jul 11, 2012
Itchy Scratchy wrote:
And I agree: it would be most welcome to see new protocals, or methodically tested outcomes of existing protocals.
However, I am in no position to offer such testing, and I highly doubt the scientific community is ever going to give much more than a cursory look at what is really just a nuisance infection - I despise scabies, and don't wish it on anyone, but I have to accept that diseases like cancer deserve much more attention.
The reality is this: Most people who have been infected with scabies are likely to be infected till the day they die. Sure, they may rid themselves of mites here and there, but they are likely to just get reinfected. If swallowing some bubbly water makes them feel better - then go for it.
PS - I actually even suggested to another poster, who is suffering from what sounds like crusted scabies (or very close to it) that they try homeopathy - in the unlikely event that it actually works (even Einstein was wrong in many of his scientific speculations, so I could be too.....).
Perhaps homeopathic water has a dualistic quantum quality - when scientists observe it, it appears to be plain old water. But when nobodies watching, it reshapes itself as a miracle cure....
I'm so impressed, Itchy. Sometimes you sound positively enlightened. You're right in almost everything you said - if only we knew how homeopathy worked.

Glad you've done so much thinking about it.:)

Location hidden

#199 Jul 11, 2012
Itchy Scratchy wrote:
As to whether I think scabies has a cure:
I think it has a cure like a house with cockroaches has a cure. Kill all the cockroaches you want - they'll just keep coming back from the neighbors house, so long as you leave crumbs around for them to eat.
The only cure for scabies, taken to the extreme, would be to simultaneouslly kill each and every scabies mite and egg on planet earth.
Which is why the idea of boosting the immune system is so appealling. Again, I just don't think bubbly water will do the trick....
I agree a lot of immunity-related issues are genetic, but it doesn't have to be a lifetime of suffering. Several alternative methods have boosted it to a normal level.

Homeopathy has healed in too many cases of scabies to ignore, and our bodies do learn to live with mites around us again without attracting them for a ride.

Give it a try yourself sometime with a good homeopath locally. For a scientific guy, the proof is in drinking that bubbly water. At some point of the experiment.;)

Location hidden

#200 Jul 11, 2012
Yummy wrote:
Bangalorean, Yes I did go to several sessions and used some homeopathic remedies like shatake mushroom, some bacterial remedy liquid, probiotics. The machine actually gives the operator info regarding what you need to balance your body, blood and systems. I used them for about 9 months. Very expensive. I do know 3 ladies who have the machines. They cost around $20,000 plus the training to use them. The lady I used doesn't even go to the dr or take her children she just uses the machine. And yes, she did treat me with frequencies also.
Very interesting, Yummy. I'm always curious about these new quasi-scientific techniques because they're so cutting-edge. There was a french doctor who came down to Bangalore and gave a demo about 10 yrs ago, but there were no buyers since it was so expensive. Most treatments in India are dirt-cheap - even allopathy - since our population is huge, profit margins are huge.

I've heard that '2 months for each year' idea before, but haven't seen it in action yet. But I've made so many mistakes, I'm not surprised.:) I've noticed it takes about 3 full moon cycles for dogs to develop a little immune response - maybe its the same thing.

Do share more of your ideas about the Rife system. You're the only one I know who's used it to cure yourself.:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
After 4 years Borax on the body is working. (Jun '11) 8 hr Hope 16
Giving Scabies to someone else? (Apr '09) 19 hr Christian 42
Scabies is VERY treatable! My story. (Jul '10) 19 hr buggedindtown 70
Mix your own Sulfur cream! (Feb '10) Tue jreaveds 92
How long do EXTERNAL eggs and mites take to die... (Nov '09) Tue None 100
How did I get rid of scabies in three seconds (Oct '11) Tue TaraBear 571
Crusted Scabies (Dec '12) Mar 20 Lori 30
how do i get rid of scabies once and for all? i... (Feb '07) Mar 16 Jen 4,793
More from around the web