(scabies) can you actualy see the mit...
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Dec 13

Location hidden

#24 Mar 17, 2014
scratchmeplease wrote:
<quoted text>
Im not sure what your saying? It is ok for me to use a topical? I had some fun the other night before bed. I mixed clove bud oil in the permethin 10% and spiked it with a single Freedom 45 tube in a 7 ounce glass half full and dabbed that all over my body. That was Saturday night, and now it Monday night and I think I may be in post scabies. Not a single sign of the lilltle buggers!
Sorry, I'll be more clear- don't worry about the topicals, I've not seen any research that proves that using a topical while simultaneously taking albendazole/valbazen will cause the albendazole/valbazen to not be effective.

However, I'm worried about you using all those topicals together, that is a high percentage of permethrin you put on but I have to say I haven't looked into the toxicity of permethrin except for the prescribing info you get when you get a prescription tube of it. Supposedly permethrin doesn't go very far down into the skin layers and only a small amount ends up in the bloodstream.

I had a very bad experience with clove bud oil but I had been using it in the beginning diluted, then at stronger and stronger concentrations to see if I could get it to work, within about 2 weeks, I began having severe uterine cramping and spotting. As soon as I stopped using it, it went away. I wasn't positive it was the clove oil so I waited a week and tried it again and the same thing happened except it was worse and made me ill for a couple days.

Since: Mar 14

Somerville, MA

#25 Mar 17, 2014
I'm not so sure my Permethin concentration was too high, as I poured it in the glass I tried to get a 60/40 mix using the Permethine as the carrier oil so the 10% volume was cut by 50%. Then by adding that small tube of Freedom-45 bumped it back up a little I suspect. The 40% clove mixture did burn a little but in a few minutes, after getting back dressed, it seemed to dissipate nicely. The clove oil really kills them surface crawlers nicely for me-if its a cure i don't know? I'm taking two products orally and two topically and I'm sleeping well these nights!

Since: Dec 13

Location hidden

#26 Mar 18, 2014
scratchmeplease wrote:
I'm not so sure my Permethin concentration was too high, as I poured it in the glass I tried to get a 60/40 mix using the Permethine as the carrier oil so the 10% volume was cut by 50%. Then by adding that small tube of Freedom-45 bumped it back up a little I suspect. The 40% clove mixture did burn a little but in a few minutes, after getting back dressed, it seemed to dissipate nicely. The clove oil really kills them surface crawlers nicely for me-if its a cure i don't know? I'm taking two products orally and two topically and I'm sleeping well these nights!
These things are just so weird, it varies so much from person to person about what gets rid of them. So many people here can't get perm cream to work for them yet my husband's aunt used it twice 1 week apart and it worked perfectly for her. A friend's adult daughter used it once and it worked. My sister used neem oil, neem lotion and neem soap and got rid of them in 4 weeks, my teen son went thru numerous tubes of perm cream without success, then tried all the neem stuff for weeks with no results yet he used sulfur soap and got rid of them within 2 weeks.

The one thing I've learned is just try everything you can throw at them and see for yourself, some people can get rid of them much easier than others. Could it be our immune system not functioning right? Could it be some people's skin metabolizes and clears substances from their skin much quicker than others? Are scabies are super resistant to everything now? I think it's probably a combination of all of the above.

I'm glad you're getting some relief!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Help! Urgent! Need advice on moving. 24 min thiabugged 2
This isn't scabies folks its Morgellons (Dec '07) 2 hr Gabi 215
Treatment advice--dogs with mange- owner with s... 3 hr movingwomonsters 57
Test to Try - drop skin flakes or scabs from so... (Nov '14) Mon Mel 32
unexpected cure "I don't understand why" (Dec '11) Sun papen 25
Scabies is ruining my life! (Aug '11) Sun Im ready t... 23
Is it bad to use Permethrin Cream 5% 3 times wi... (Aug '11) Sun Theshipisbehindcomet 105
More from around the web