(scabies) can you actualy see the mites as they burrow?

Posted in the Scabies Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Anonymous

Pleasanton, CA

#1 Mar 13, 2014
Ive been SUFFERING FROM SCABIES IM NOT EXACTLY SURE HOW LONG BUT LATLY IT'S GETTING WORSE IVE TAKEN PERMETHRIN AND IT DIDNT WORK BEEN TAKING TEA TREE OIL Baths BUT THEY DONT GO AWAY IVE CLEANED MY HOUSE N. WASHED MY CLOTHES...BUT anyway THESE LITTLE THING HAVE REALY EFFECTED ME IN SO MANY WAYS ESPECIALLY mentally! I HAVE LATLY SEEING THESE LINES SLOWLY MOVING Across The Skin Of My Hands Wrists And Arms When I Look Closly Its Like I Can See The Little Mite Under My Skin Burrowing, Am Realy Seeing The Mites And Their Burrow Or Am I Going Crazy? Also I Have Recently Started Seeing Sighns Of Them On My Forhead And Face In Some Parts At Least! please help me out and help me understand whats going on

Since: Dec 13

Location hidden

#2 Mar 13, 2014
Mites are microscopic and cannot be seen by the naked eye. To see a mite you will need a microscope. Burrows are not always visible unless they are near a blood vein or become inflamed thus appearing as a sore.
jason

Pleasanton, CA

#3 Mar 13, 2014
ashleyshere wrote:
Mites are microscopic and cannot be seen by the naked eye. To see a mite you will need a microscope. Burrows are not always visible unless they are near a blood vein or become inflamed thus appearing as a sore.
so what am i seeing? its juz my mind playing tricks on me?

Since: Dec 13

Location hidden

#4 Mar 13, 2014
jason wrote:
<quoted text>
so what am i seeing? its juz my mind playing tricks on me?
I have no idea what you are seeing. Maybe you hear voices too? In any case, mites are microscopic. But don't take my word for it, google search it. No wonder why no one is taking you seriously.

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#6 Mar 13, 2014
youngjayrydah925 wrote:
Ive been SUFFERING FROM SCABIES IM NOT EXACTLY SURE HOW LONG BUT LATLY IT'S GETTING WORSE IVE TAKEN PERMETHRIN AND IT DIDNT WORK BEEN TAKING TEA TREE OIL Baths BUT THEY DONT GO AWAY IVE CLEANED MY HOUSE N. WASHED MY CLOTHES...BUT anyway THESE LITTLE THING HAVE REALY EFFECTED ME IN SO MANY WAYS ESPECIALLY mentally! I HAVE LATLY SEEING THESE LINES SLOWLY MOVING Across The Skin Of My Hands Wrists And Arms When I Look Closly Its Like I Can See The Little Mite Under My Skin Burrowing, Am Realy Seeing The Mites And Their Burrow Or Am I Going Crazy? Also I Have Recently Started Seeing Sighns Of Them On My Forhead And Face In Some Parts At Least! please help me out and help me understand whats going on
You are not crazy!! We all just feel that way after all we have been through. The mites are suppose to be microscopic but some people have black specs coming out of their skin after treatment. Some people have also had their doctor confirm with lab tests that those black specs are scabies. So I believe certain strains are not microscopic anymore. Doctors always say they are too small for anyone to feel crawling. Well I feel crawling and I have scabies and these black specs sure are visible to the naked eye. Anyways in the medical field the gold standard for scabies tx is permethrin combined with ivermectin. If you try that for a while and that doesn't work for you there are other options. Just check out other threads but do your research before you try new things! Good luck!

Since: Mar 14

Somerville, MA

#7 Mar 13, 2014
there are bird mites, rodent mites, and scabies mites, just to mention a few and I bet we all have different afflictions and not realize it. They all are parasites from microscopic to near microscopic in size it seems. Hopefully these miticides, listed on this forum, works on them all!
Anonymous

Pleasanton, CA

#8 Mar 13, 2014
ashleyshere wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no idea what you are seeing. Maybe you hear voices too? In any case, mites are microscopic. But don't take my word for it, google search it. No wonder why no one is taking you seriously.
YES HOW DID U KNOW I DO HEAR Voices ITS CRAZY when i close my eyes i see tiedye colors and hear indian music is that normal?
Anonymous

Pleasanton, CA

#9 Mar 13, 2014
Desperate4cure wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not crazy!! We all just feel that way after all we have been through. The mites are suppose to be microscopic but some people have black specs coming out of their skin after treatment. Some people have also had their doctor confirm with lab tests that those black specs are scabies. So I believe certain strains are not microscopic anymore. Doctors always say they are too small for anyone to feel crawling. Well I feel crawling and I have scabies and these black specs sure are visible to the naked eye. Anyways in the medical field the gold standard for scabies tx is permethrin combined with ivermectin. If you try that for a while and that doesn't work for you there are other options. Just check out other threads but do your research before you try new things! Good luck!
thanks im just about to take another dose OF THE PERM CREAM HOPE IT DOES IT!

Since: Jan 14

Semora, NC

#10 Mar 16, 2014
I have a confirmed case of scabies and I have seen the black specks. When I feel something crawling or biting me...esp on my hands and fingers if you look really closely you can see the little black specks...although all the doctors say you can't see them or feel them, only the itch. I have now just finished my 5th round of permethrin..all left on at various times...this time I put it on for 12 hours and reapplied for another 12 hours....still have them. I have also done Stromectol once. I have had these for now basically 5 months if not longer and no change. Still, supposedly I'm the only one in the house that is having this problem. Is any of this possible? Could anyone give me some ideas or products to get rid of these? Any suggestions would be helpful!

Since: Mar 14

Somerville, MA

#11 Mar 16, 2014
My understanding is the permethrin alone is not enough to rid the resistant strain of scabies that is out there. I would think the permethrin and Stromectol together would be the better regimine-get them from the inside and outside! Also try different topicals in between the permethrin treatments. I use clove bud oil dilluted down and I also ingest Valbazen Albendazole along with the Stromectol. Im 3 weeks now into this bag of tricks and seem to be improving.

Funny, Ive never seen mine, i just get the crawless and the extreme itch and the little red bumps/soars. Everything seems to be on the improve now. I just got to make sure i keep it up to be ready for the dormant eggs when they hatch. Reinfestation is easily to happen.

Since: Dec 13

Location hidden

#12 Mar 16, 2014
scratchmeplease wrote:
My understanding is the permethrin alone is not enough to rid the resistant strain of scabies that is out there. I would think the permethrin and Stromectol together would be the better regimine-get them from the inside and outside! Also try different topicals in between the permethrin treatments. I use clove bud oil dilluted down and I also ingest Valbazen Albendazole along with the Stromectol. Im 3 weeks now into this bag of tricks and seem to be improving.
Funny, Ive never seen mine, i just get the crawless and the extreme itch and the little red bumps/soars. Everything seems to be on the improve now. I just got to make sure i keep it up to be ready for the dormant eggs when they hatch. Reinfestation is easily to happen.
You are not suppose to apply any oily topicals when ingesting Valbazen because it makes the Valbazen less effective. Actually you do not need a topical when taking Valbazen because the Valbazen kills the parasites in your blood and from your sweat. Rubbing alcohol is the only approved topical when using Valbazen.

Since: Mar 14

Somerville, MA

#13 Mar 16, 2014
ashleyshere wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not suppose to apply any oily topicals when ingesting Valbazen because it makes the Valbazen less effective. Actually you do not need a topical when taking Valbazen because the Valbazen kills the parasites in your blood and from your sweat. Rubbing alcohol is the only approved topical when using Valbazen.
sweetkitten writes: Mites and worms feed off the glucose in your blood, Albendazole takes away their ability to digest glucose so the beasts starve to death.

From reading this and the success I'm experiencing in my 3 weeks of treatment I don't see the harm

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#14 Mar 16, 2014
Anonymous wrote:
Ive been SUFFERING FROM SCABIES IM NOT EXACTLY SURE HOW LONG BUT LATLY IT'S GETTING WORSE IVE TAKEN PERMETHRIN AND IT DIDNT WORK BEEN TAKING TEA TREE OIL Baths BUT THEY DONT GO AWAY IVE CLEANED MY HOUSE N. WASHED MY CLOTHES...BUT anyway THESE LITTLE THING HAVE REALY EFFECTED ME IN SO MANY WAYS ESPECIALLY mentally! I HAVE LATLY SEEING THESE LINES SLOWLY MOVING Across The Skin Of My Hands Wrists And Arms When I Look Closly Its Like I Can See The Little Mite Under My Skin Burrowing, Am Realy Seeing The Mites And Their Burrow Or Am I Going Crazy? Also I Have Recently Started Seeing Sighns Of Them On My Forhead And Face In Some Parts At Least! please help me out and help me understand whats going on
I have a confirmed case of scabies and yes you can definitely see the mites. What I see are black specs that come up through the skin. They are not moving and I believe these are dead mites and their debris that is left in the skin. So please do not think you are going crazy because your not!
Veronica

Deer Park, NY

#16 Mar 16, 2014
Anonymous wrote:
Ive been SUFFERING FROM SCABIES IM NOT EXACTLY SURE HOW LONG BUT LATLY IT'S GETTING WORSE IVE TAKEN PERMETHRIN AND IT DIDNT WORK BEEN TAKING TEA TREE OIL Baths BUT THEY DONT GO AWAY IVE CLEANED MY HOUSE N. WASHED MY CLOTHES...BUT anyway THESE LITTLE THING HAVE REALY EFFECTED ME IN SO MANY WAYS ESPECIALLY mentally! I HAVE LATLY SEEING THESE LINES SLOWLY MOVING Across The Skin Of My Hands Wrists And Arms When I Look Closly Its Like I Can See The Little Mite Under My Skin Burrowing, Am Realy Seeing The Mites And Their Burrow Or Am I Going Crazy? Also I Have Recently Started Seeing Sighns Of Them On My Forhead And Face In Some Parts At Least! please help me out and help me understand whats going on
I had them all over my face, horrible!
Baths and oils everyone, and cleaning! After countless tries I finally got it right! If you are suffering from a mite problem, please don't orders sprays, creams, wholefoods trips buying stuff you don't need...comment if you want info. Oils are key, they are from the earth, remember our planet always gives us what we need!

Since: Dec 13

Location hidden

#18 Mar 16, 2014
scratchmeplease wrote:
<quoted text>sweetkitten writes: Mites and worms feed off the glucose in your blood, Albendazole takes away their ability to digest glucose so the beasts starve to death.

From reading this and the success I'm experiencing in my 3 weeks of treatment I don't see the harm
Of course it was also Sweat Kitten who said that Shonda told her that the infectious disease doctor who prescribed Albenza and Prazquantel with a anti-nausea pill told her not to apply topicals to her skin except rubbing alcohol for occasional relief of symptoms. So you are choosing which part of the protocol to use instead of following the whole protocol. That's how people don't get cured. Then they say it doesn't cure. Nice.

Since: Dec 13

Location hidden

#19 Mar 16, 2014
scratchmeplease wrote:
<quoted text>sweetkitten writes: Mites and worms feed off the glucose in your blood, Albendazole takes away their ability to digest glucose so the beasts starve to death.

From reading this and the success I'm experiencing in my 3 weeks of treatment I don't see the harm
You do get that you have a "skin parasite"?

Since: Dec 13

Location hidden

#20 Mar 17, 2014
scratchmeplease wrote:
My understanding is the permethrin alone is not enough to rid the resistant strain of scabies that is out there. I would think the permethrin and Stromectol together would be the better regimine-get them from the inside and outside! Also try different topicals in between the permethrin treatments. I use clove bud oil dilluted down and I also ingest Valbazen Albendazole along with the Stromectol. Im 3 weeks now into this bag of tricks and seem to be improving.
Funny, Ive never seen mine, i just get the crawless and the extreme itch and the little red bumps/soars. Everything seems to be on the improve now. I just got to make sure i keep it up to be ready for the dormant eggs when they hatch. Reinfestation is easily to happen.
The way albendazole works is by preventing parasites from taking in glucose- glucose is their fuel, no glucose no parasites, period. Topicals won't prevent albendazole from working- there's no research that shows this:

"You are not suppose to apply any oily topicals when ingesting Valbazen because it makes the Valbazen less effective. Actually you do not need a topical when taking Valbazen because the Valbazen kills the parasites in your blood and from your sweat. Rubbing alcohol is the only approved topical when using Valbazen"

Since: Dec 13

Location hidden

#21 Mar 17, 2014
scratchmeplease wrote:
<quoted text>
sweetkitten writes: Mites and worms feed off the glucose in your blood, Albendazole takes away their ability to digest glucose so the beasts starve to death.
From reading this and the success I'm experiencing in my 3 weeks of treatment I don't see the harm
there was a case study done about a young woman who had crusted scabies in a foreign country where they had no access to ivermectin so they gave her albendazole orally and used a preparation of Salicylic acid on her skin to eat the layers of crusted skin away- she was cured just fine, the Salicylic acid didn't prevent the albendazole from working.

Since: Mar 14

Somerville, MA

#22 Mar 17, 2014
So sick of this wrote:
<quoted text>
The way albendazole works is by preventing parasites from taking in glucose- glucose is their fuel, no glucose no parasites, period. Topicals won't prevent albendazole from working- there's no research that shows this:
"You are not suppose to apply any oily topicals when ingesting Valbazen because it makes the Valbazen less effective. Actually you do not need a topical when taking Valbazen because the Valbazen kills the parasites in your blood and from your sweat. Rubbing alcohol is the only approved topical when using Valbazen"
Im not sure what your saying? It is ok for me to use a topical? I had some fun the other night before bed. I mixed clove bud oil in the permethin 10% and spiked it with a single Freedom 45 tube in a 7 ounce glass half full and dabbed that all over my body. That was Saturday night, and now it Monday night and I think I may be in post scabies. Not a single sign of the lilltle buggers!

Since: Mar 14

Somerville, MA

#23 Mar 17, 2014
ashleyshere wrote:
<quoted text>
You do get that you have a "skin parasite"?
I sure hope so or I spent a lot of money for tapeworms I don't have!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
scabies or what????? (Nov '11) 1 hr beware 30
Scabies on face and scalp? (Aug '07) 16 hr essentials for sc... 903
how do i get rid of scabies once and for all? i... (Feb '07) 17 hr betseyB 4,186
Scabies Cure: SULFUR (Oct '08) 19 hr Jeanie 286
Fogging (Jun '10) 19 hr Jeanie 13
PLEASE HELP ME... do i have scabies? 19 hr homelessjoe 11
Scabies won't go away (Aug '06) Fri Scabies hell 1,199
More from around the web