Stromectol (ivermectin) question

Stromectol (ivermectin) question

Posted in the Scabies Forum

kayla

Woodland Hills, CA

#1 Mar 24, 2012
I'm taking one 3mg tablet of Stromectol every day for the next 7 days. I've heard mixed things about the effectiveness of ivermectin (Stromectol), and would like to hear from those of you who have been on this if you think that my doctor has me on an aggressive dosage or not. Thanks!!!
FRED

Denver, CO

#2 Mar 24, 2012
That's totally the wrong approach.

The standard dose is 200mc/KG of body weight but that opens the door for ivermectin resistance. what your doing now is cultivating ivermectin resistance in the mite and yourself. 3mg is the standard dose for someone weighing 33 pounds so unless your a baby elf. The best strategy is to take it every 3 days before bed on an empty with a full glass of water.
Whatever you weigh devide that by 2.2 to get your kilogram weight. I recommend you take a 2.5x dose which is 500mc per kg of body weight,this is well within the safe limits and will dramatically increase your chances of success. So if you weigh say 130lbs that would be 59k, At 500mc/kg that would be 29mg per dose every 3 days. Remember Ivermectin does not protect you from your environment so you'll need a topical too.
In the "how do I get rid of scabies once and for all" thread read post# 2430.
kayla

Woodland Hills, CA

#3 Mar 24, 2012
Thanks, Fred. Of course, this is NOT what I wanted to hear, especially after taking my second dose just an hour ago. Decided that I'm going to stop the Stromectol until I can get adequate dosing. Why does the medical community makes us suffer more than we have to with this?
FRED

Denver, CO

#4 Mar 24, 2012
Ivermectin is fermented from a bacteria, the Ivermectin in every product that contains Ivermectin is produced the same way. Some people on this forum would have you believe that if it is Stromectol it is somehow better than vet grade Ivermectin, it is not. I bought 4 doses of stromectol @ 200mc/kg of body weight. with the doctors visit it cost me $170
If you buy the Ivomec injectable you can take it orally and it is much cheaper or get the horse paste which is easy because the horse weight is the same dose and it measures right of of the tube.

If you read Progress thread,he was ":a professional clinician and have 8 years of science background." He brought a lot of info to this forum and I trust his information here much more than the people who come here and try to pass off their opinions as substantiated fact. In post# 36 of his thread he addresses someone like that.

"Been There wrote:
I have to say, you are the first poster I've seen who has tried the drench. Your as crazy as the rest of us. The oral drench has no activity against sarcoptic mites, nor does the horse paste.
I wonder why you don't just order some Stromectol tablets? are you out of mite money like many of us?"

Progress wrote "where did you get that info? the ivermectin in the drench is the exact same molecule as in the tablet only in alcohol solution. As long as that ivermectin makes it to the skin your good."

I've also researched this extensively. The stromectol cost 20 times as much as the vet grade because of pharmaceutical lobbyists.
Laura

United States

#5 Apr 9, 2012
I can recommend a reputable pharmacy (Stromectol)- http://www.drugs-store-online.com/catalog/Bes... I received the order and it was on time and the pills work great.
Its been a year

Irving, TX

#6 Apr 10, 2012
I have heard that perm causes parkinson's and Ivermection has neurological side effects. I did the dose of ivermectin 1cc per 100# of body weight Orally(USA). Taste went arye, ran fever, eye site was really bad could not even read big print on 54" flat screen, stomach upset and overall lightheaded ness.
Charlie

Columbus, OH

#8 Aug 2, 2013
Stromectol (Ivermectin), good offer.
I have http://bit.ly/12Q2gva for about 5 years and find their products to be reliable and speedily delivered.
Excellent service, lowest price.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Post scabies hives? 6 hr jeaves22 7
Deet for scabies? (Jun '13) 10 hr Nycmom 8
black specks (Feb '09) 23 hr Theysaimcraze 76
Immune system question Wed Eugene 13
Miticide, Insecticide and dust used successfully Wed tryingtocureit 1
the cure is so simple, I can't believe it...... (Jan '11) Wed tryingtocureit 1,408
5 Years later (after 18 month infection) I stil... Tue tryingtocureit 6
More from around the web