grama

Arnold, MO

#1 Mar 24, 2013
how long does it take for stromevtol to work? I took 3 mg also when can I take blood pressure meds after taking the above? thanks
VSS

Hollywood, FL

#2 Mar 24, 2013
grama wrote:
how long does it take for stromevtol to work? I took 3 mg also when can I take blood pressure meds after taking the above? thanks
three milligrams is not enough for an adult. You take it by weight. For every milligram, it's 10 pounds of body weight. 3 mg. is for a 30 pound person.

If you weigh 120 lbs., then that would be 12 milligrams, or 4 of the 3 mg. tablets. Most people weigh anywhere from 120 lbs. to 200 lbs. An 150 pound person would take about 15 milligrams or 4 of the 3 mg. tablets.

Ivermectin doesn't stay in your system very long, a little longer than about 24 hours hours.

I'm not a doctor, but if I were you, I would wait some hours before taking my blood pressure medicine. Try googling that question. Blood pressure is a serious medical condition and you just can't answer that on a forum post. It all depends on what type of med you are taking, how serious your heart condition is, etc. That's a question for a cardiologist. I know that ivermectin has some kind of depressive action on the body, so I would be afraid of my heart slowing while on both ivermectin and high blood pressure meds.

In general ivermectin is safe, but it's always better to err on the side of caution.

Iver does have some side effects. Google it and research this med. It's very effective for killing scabies.

Also, use some sort of topical, like permethrin and/or some essential oils to clear any surface mites. And, again with a heart condition, you should consult a cardiologist on your particular situation.

To be effective, I would take another dose of iver in a few days. It's usually one dose every 7 days, for no more than 4 weeks. But you have a heart condition, so you need to seriously research this.

Stromectol works within 4 hours of taking it, but you have to take more than if you were taking it for internal parasites. Scabies is an ectoparasite and when taking ivermectin, the dosage seems high. It works within 4 hours, but 3 mg. is not enough to kill ectoparasites.

Do a search on this forum for ivermectin and hundreds of thread will appear.

Good luck.

Since: Feb 13

Royal Oak, MI

#3 Mar 24, 2013
You might want to separate your ivermectin dosage b perhaps 12 hours from taking your blood pressure medication. I've taken ivermectin (Stromectol) at night, and I also have to take blood pressure medication (one Lisinopril 10mg tablet) every morning. I also normally take a potassium tablet of 99 mg.(it says "from 595 potassium gluconate, stearic acid, magnesium stearate") right along with my B.P. meds in the morning. I found that potassium helps to regulate hertbeat. Also helps with that heartbeat issue when you get dehydrated and your heart starts to pound, as long as you take lots of water with it.

After I take my ivermectin (at night) with lots of water, about an hour after that, I take another potassium pill. I found that iver does tend to cause some slight heartbeat palpitations, irregularities, or missed beats. Not bad, but enough to notice. The potassium helps to keep everything regulated and steady. I don't take too much of either iver or potassium--I don't want to overdose on either. Then in the morning, I take the blood pressure pill with my other potassium pill, and I've had no side effects at all.

--Just my suggestion. Hope it helps. I've never yet overdoesed o potassium, by the way--I don't think all of it is absorbed when you take those vitamin-type potassium pills.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Scabies but no rash, just itching & crawling fe... (Mar '12) 5 min Jodyy 124
Only one in house with scabies? (Mar '12) 2 hr 1Yolande 57
Please Help..Making sulfur cream/ointment (Jun '08) 3 hr Fowler 42
Scabies/Eggs lifespan? and a question about pre... (Apr '07) 10 hr ramjett 493
scabies or what????? (Nov '11) 13 hr itchy and scabby 13
Ordering Links (Feb '07) 14 hr bitchenmaui 249
scabies wana be's 15 hr Worried 17
More from around the web