Post permethrin reaction or actually ...
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Tina

La Mesa, CA

#66 Dec 18, 2013
Hello,
So I'm pregnant and found out I have scabies! How the heck?! No one else has it at home. I used the treatment once and wAshed all my clothes and bed sheets in hot water. Still getting new bumps and itching. Could it be the reaction of the medicine?
pregnant with scabies

Roswell, GA

#67 Dec 18, 2013
Tina wrote:
Hello,
So I'm pregnant and found out I have scabies! How the heck?! No one else has it at home. I used the treatment once and wAshed all my clothes and bed sheets in hot water. Still getting new bumps and itching. Could it be the reaction of the medicine?
Did u use it twice? Everyone in the house should be treated
Scabies sucks

Grants Pass, OR

#68 Dec 21, 2013
I'm on day 2 after perm treatment and I'm still itchy...Before treatment I changed my bedding and bagged up all the clothes I had been wearing and then took a shower then applied the cream...I'm feeling nervous however because we have no washer and dryer, we go to the laundromat and we can't afford to go everyday, so does this seal my fate of reinfestaion?...
Yogie

Moreno Valley, CA

#69 Apr 9, 2014
inaquandary wrote:
I'm still a bit itchy, and it's been 2 months since using the permethrin, rid, etc. My feeling is that a lot of this is residual damage from the treatment. I still get what look like bites on my scalp, and miscellaneous red bumps elsewhere that come and go, but things are better overall. What I've found helpful is a) showering only once a day and b) not using soap except where absolutely necessary. The harsh treatments strip your skin of its natural oils, and it takes several months for the skin to completely regenerate (it's a 6-week cycle, according to my dermatologist). I also use tea tree oil liberally, and that immediately deadens the crawling sensation that sometimes occurs. Hope this helps.
Thank you for your post. I used premethrin 3x's and still have been geeting some lil bumps not bites that goes away in a day or two. After reading your post I feel alot better not being so paranoid of these bumps being a reaccurence of scabies. Good luck to everyone this here is no joke. I do not wish this on NO!!!!!!!! one...
lmmuffin

United States

#71 Aug 13, 2014
Is there anyone on this Forum?
itchyscratchy

Ireland

#73 Jan 26, 2016
My skin is still messed up 2 years after using permethrin for scabies. If anything touches my skin it breaks out in red itchy red welts. Tried antihistamines, they dont really work.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ivermectin dosage chart and info (Oct '11) 4 hr BuggBigelow59 901
I need help with puppy w/sarcoptic mange affect... (Mar '11) 5 hr BuggBigelow59 6
White and black specks...crawlies....scratch ma... (Jan '08) 13 hr concerned 140
How long do EXTERNAL eggs and mites take to die... (Nov '09) 14 hr Marie 96
how do i get rid of scabies once and for all? i... (Feb '07) 23 hr clovepowder 4,716
Removing Scabies from your Environment (Jan '08) Sun Going Buggy in Ga 283
Bird Mites (Jul '07) Sun Cindy in Tn 84
More from around the web