arm & hammer
Kas

Chicago, IL

#806 Aug 19, 2012
I cant seem to get these things out of my car also help why is his so hard to get rid of and why cant exteminaters help
Bill

Ypsilanti, MI

#807 Sep 2, 2012
Hi arm & hammer with OxiCleanŽ Stain Fighters WILL help ! It isa the end of theis bug , soak it, wet vac it up , re apply , items that are infested need to be cleaned,

Nite ,,

BIll

emailme if you need any help
[email protected]

go to birdmites.org and join the foum , they all have gotten cured
there are many pros there

Here is the most helpful post from a farmer , it is a bug , kill it it will die..

here is an excerpt
|Mites and farmer tricks
link
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/birdmite...

I don't know where you people are from, whether it be city, or too far north to know this, but "mites" are nothing new, and there is nothing "foreign about them.

I was raised, and still live in Louisiana, which is called, "semi-tropical. " I was raised on a farm/ranch. There are so many different types of mites, that

bite, that I will not begin to try to list many; I will give a few examples. Warm blooded animals get lice; plants get lice; they are not the same type of

lice. the "lice" that infest your turnip green patch, will not bite you because it suddenly "got warmer" in the US. The mites and lice that infest your chicken

house, will not be satisfied with sucking on turnip greens; but they will crawl all over a human and give you the "itch" for many days after you have gotten

rid of the mites. There are "redbugs," picked up from walking through grass, brush, or sometimes dirt. They will burrow under your skin and make you want to

take a wire brush and shed your won hide off. There are seed ticks that will cover you from brushing against the wrong tree limb, or infest your living room

when you buy that "real" tree at Christmas. The "Mange" in dogs, or as we humans dislike having to call it, "Scabies," that will infest you and all your

pets. There ar....

We have put a couple of cap fulls of pine oil or bleach in our bath water for years; we have cleaned our houses with pine oil for hundreds of years. We have

dabbed pine oil, turpintine, and sometimes if desperate enough, coal oil, on redbugs,(and various other critters that attached themselves to us), to kill

them for hundreds of years. We have coated ourselves in various kinds of fats, mud, and paste to keep them off, and to kill them when they decided to live on

us anyway. We have bathed in baking soda, salt and epsoms salt to keep from itching; smeared paste from mustard, baking soda and tobacco to help. We have

taken the "skin" from egg shells and pit on bad bites, to draw the "itch" out. We have chewed on the sulphur ends of hard matches, and made a paste out

of "flowers of sulfur;" which bugs hate the smell of, and it keeps the bites from getting infected. One of the bad things about itchy bites, it all that
scratching and hot, blooding flesh, attracts even more critters.
As for borax; you can buy "20 Mule Team"borax powder; it's been around longer than any of us. We wash with it, neutralize orors with it, remove stains with

it, etc. Most of all, down here, we have been rubbing it on our meat in our smoke houses for ages; flies won't even light on it. we just wash it off when

we take it out to eat.
nick carter wrote:
would arm & hammer with OxiCleanŽ Stain Fighters help or do i need something else thanks
Bill

Ypsilanti, MI

#808 Sep 2, 2012
the rest of the post

I heard in the eighties, that they were "blowing" recycled, chipped up, news papers into the walls of old historical homes to

insulate them. Guess what they were soaking the news paper in prior to drying and chopping it up? That's right...Borax. Not only does it kill bugs, repel

bugs, repel rodents and prevent them from chewing and nesting in the paper insulation, but it makes the paper fire retardent. You can make your on roach

and ant bait with it by mixing it with flour and sugar, or just corn syrup and Borax. You can use it like carpet fresh, and you can wash your walls and floors

and counters with it; use it as a paste for scrubbing; just don't rinse it too well, and you will see a lessening of itchy critters. And for people that want

their clothes clean, but do not like fragrance fumes, etc., it's the best for your laundry.

If the varmints are eating your ankles up, mix some borax with your lotion or vaseline; it will repel them and has antibiotic properties

Summary :

Borax$3.99
Mustard 2.00
skin of egg $1.99 haven't tried that one yet
coaltar shampoo 5.99
pinesol $4.00
bleach .69
sulphur $12.00 www.Americarx.com
baking soda $1.00
tobacco $4.00
fats .01 off a steak
mud $.00
and make s paste

Pretty cheap ! And they work

the whole post at http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/birdmite...

it will help give you a good prospective on what to do .
I use a cheap wagner power painter from habor friegtht anfd put 2 tbl coconut oil an 1 qt of warm water in it an spray every thing cieling to floor and in the vents , it stops them instantly , then I i can clean in peace with borax an arm and hammer powder laundry detergent ( any version )they all die

God bless you ,

BIll

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#809 Sep 6, 2012
Bill wrote:
the rest of the post
I heard in the eighties, that they were "blowing" recycled, chipped up, news papers into the walls of old historical homes to
insulate them. Guess what they were soaking the news paper in prior to drying and chopping it up? That's right...Borax. Not only does it kill bugs, repel
bugs, repel rodents and prevent them from chewing and nesting in the paper insulation, but it makes the paper fire retardent. You can make your on roach
and ant bait with it by mixing it with flour and sugar, or just corn syrup and Borax. You can use it like carpet fresh, and you can wash your walls and floors
and counters with it; use it as a paste for scrubbing; just don't rinse it too well, and you will see a lessening of itchy critters. And for people that want
their clothes clean, but do not like fragrance fumes, etc., it's the best for your laundry.
If the varmints are eating your ankles up, mix some borax with your lotion or vaseline; it will repel them and has antibiotic properties
Summary :
Borax$3.99
Mustard 2.00
skin of egg $1.99 haven't tried that one yet
coaltar shampoo 5.99
pinesol $4.00
bleach .69
sulphur $12.00 www.Americarx.com
baking soda $1.00
tobacco $4.00
fats .01 off a steak
mud $.00
and make s paste
Pretty cheap ! And they work
the whole post at http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/birdmite...
it will help give you a good prospective on what to do .
I use a cheap wagner power painter from habor friegtht anfd put 2 tbl coconut oil an 1 qt of warm water in it an spray every thing cieling to floor and in the vents , it stops them instantly , then I i can clean in peace with borax an arm and hammer powder laundry detergent ( any version )they all die
God bless you ,
BIll
good grief. If I lived in a plaec with that with that many bugz, I'd move to another part of the country. LOL And I've always heard of people using Boric Acid (not borax) to kill cockroaches.
From Wiki-answers:
"they are not the same thing. Borax is a white powder used as a cleaning agent and, in some places, as a preserving agent. Boric acid is a white powder used as an insecticide, especially for cockroaches, and is about as toxic as regular table salt to people.

I have heard that a ratio of 1:3 (not sure which is "1" and which is "3") acts as a wood preservative in wood framing to protect against termites and dry rot. I would suggest you try to use litmus paper, to see if 1 boric acid and 3 borax, would be more neutral (less acidic). Whatever the proper recipe, it is mixed with water and sprayed on dry wood, being pretty nontoxic to humans. An author in an article in the magazine Journal of Light Construction, mentioned it under the name Boraid, if I remember correctly. The mixture might also give some fire protection. Beware as the mixtures could cause some metal hangers or nails to have increased rust.

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Is_borax_and_boric_...
"
CaralynnH

Wayne, NJ

#810 Sep 10, 2012
Hi,
I have only been infested with this mite/scabie for the past 3 weeks. My first dermatologist appt is on Wed. Is the Arm and Hammer still the best cure for this pest? I've been reading so many different ways of treating this and am very confused. I have bites on my body and I see black specks and sometimes feel sand, but I also have a couple of light scratches in my skin. Thank you for your help.
Leslie

Santa Fe Springs, CA

#811 Sep 13, 2012
plz help wrote:
someone had described these mites as an unclean spirit several pages and posts earlier. After suffering for several years from these bird mites and trying every single thing out there including arm and hammer which did help i finally decided to go to a priest and try my last resort. being a non believer in all these things i said whats the worst that could happen. well all i have to say is whoever that woman was who wrote about witchcraft posts earlier god bless her because she was right. I finally got a deliverance and within 24 hours my mites are gone. I really dont know what else to say except thank god!
I see SO many posts from people months ago and then not again- WERE YOU CURED!?!!! PLEASE help those of us who are suffering! WERE YOU CURED??? IF SO, HOW? HOW LONG DID IT TAKE!? PLEASE!!!!

Location hidden

#812 Sep 14, 2012
CaralynnH wrote:
Hi,
I have only been infested with this mite/scabie for the past 3 weeks. My first dermatologist appt is on Wed. Is the Arm and Hammer still the best cure for this pest? I've been reading so many different ways of treating this and am very confused. I have bites on my body and I see black specks and sometimes feel sand, but I also have a couple of light scratches in my skin. Thank you for your help.
If you don't hit this hard right now, the longer you have them usign treatmetns tthat dont' work, the harder they willb be to get rid ofand develop immunity to anything you try. dermatologists and otehr doctors take a very conservatiev approach, which doesn't kill them, and ten you're in real trouble. read the permethrin threads, and take responsibility yourself for going in hard and fast with treatments. Diont'e wait for doctors to help you, becuase their lack of experience and reluctance to prescribe enough permethtin or ivermectin is only going to make it worse, and cost you a lot of money.
Mel

Denver, CO

#813 Sep 15, 2012
FRED wrote:
The ingredient in the detergent that kills the mites is sodium carbonate . Be careful breathing the dust can cause lung damage. Arm and hammer super washing soda is 100% sodium carbonate.
http://datasheets.scbt.com/sc-203382.pdf
"Long term inhalation of sodium carbonate may result in nose damage and lung disease."
I had scabies for a year and tried everything including the arm and hammer baths , nothing worked until I was cured by homeopathy. The use of psorinum30c and staphysagria30c. Both are completely non toxic. The info can be found on the thread "99% sarcoptic scabiei cure, the fox project"
In the end the homeopathic cures didn't work. There is some complex science involved with homeopathy that even the homeopaths don't understand.

If you haven't had it very long then the 5% permethrin creme might work. The creme is formulated to get deep in your skin and to get through the eggs. Some people use advantix which is way too strong and quite unhealthy. If you want to make the 5% perm creme stronger mix a pipet of advantix with it that way you've got the right skin formula and it's only making the creme like 10%.

Use the creme 3x every 4 days, leave it on 24 hours and get everywhere, up in fingernails , on scalp etc.

After being on this forum for over a year and trying everything the chances a topical will work are very slim unless you've only had it for a short time. I suggest you read the first 3 pages of "progress scabies forum" thread and then read the "moxidectin"
thread, moxidectin is like ivermectin but moxidectin corrects ivermectin's problems. Don't rush into anything without good info, I personally did that early on and made it worse.
Psy

Hollywood, FL

#814 Sep 15, 2012
Mel wrote:
<quoted text>
In the end the homeopathic cures didn't work. There is some complex science involved with homeopathy that even the homeopaths don't understand.
If you haven't had it very long then the 5% permethrin creme might work. The creme is formulated to get deep in your skin and to get through the eggs. Some people use advantix which is way too strong and quite unhealthy. If you want to make the 5% perm creme stronger mix a pipet of advantix with it that way you've got the right skin formula and it's only making the creme like 10%.
Use the creme 3x every 4 days, leave it on 24 hours and get everywhere, up in fingernails , on scalp etc.
After being on this forum for over a year and trying everything the chances a topical will work are very slim unless you've only had it for a short time. I suggest you read the first 3 pages of "progress scabies forum" thread and then read the "moxidectin"
thread, moxidectin is like ivermectin but moxidectin corrects ivermectin's problems. Don't rush into anything without good info, I personally did that early on and made it worse.
Yes, Missy Denver. It is SOOOOOO HARDDDD to understand why SUGARED DOWN WATER (CALLED HOMEOPATHY) won't cure scabies. Oh my god, so very hard to understand this very complex quakery.
Psy

Hollywood, FL

#815 Sep 15, 2012
Jayney wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't hit this hard right now, the longer you have them usign treatmetns tthat dont' work, the harder they willb be to get rid ofand develop immunity to anything you try. dermatologists and otehr doctors take a very conservatiev approach, which doesn't kill them, and ten you're in real trouble. read the permethrin threads, and take responsibility yourself for going in hard and fast with treatments. Diont'e wait for doctors to help you, becuase their lack of experience and reluctance to prescribe enough permethtin or ivermectin is only going to make it worse, and cost you a lot of money.
Jeannie, reading your posts lately is like riding on a bus with bad shocks. kind of bumpy... what's up?
i disagree. READ THE IVERMECTIN THREADS, not the permethrin threads. ivermectin orally, along with permethrin (doesn't matter whether it is elimite or dog meds, it's all the same), will effect a cure. I repeat, read the ivermectin threads.
not so much the permethrin threads.
Mel

Denver, CO

#816 Sep 15, 2012
Psy wrote:
<quoted text>
Jeannie, reading your posts lately is like riding on a bus with bad shocks. kind of bumpy... what's up?
i disagree. READ THE IVERMECTIN THREADS, not the permethrin threads. ivermectin orally, along with permethrin (doesn't matter whether it is elimite or dog meds, it's all the same), will effect a cure. I repeat, read the ivermectin threads.
It didn't cure you and if you say it did you're a liar, but then we knew that.
Mel

Denver, CO

#818 Sep 15, 2012
Psy wrote:
<quoted text>
The results are in and everyone agrees that hollywood, Fla. failed her I.Q. test.
Mel

Denver, CO

#819 Sep 15, 2012
Psy wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yeah, Hollywood gets like this when she is drinking. Saturday in Hollywood, Fla. with nothing to do but drink ,b*tch and scratch.

Location hidden

#820 Sep 16, 2012
Mel wrote:
<quoted text>
The results are in and everyone agrees that hollywood, Fla. failed her I.Q. test.
I have dyslexia you stupid POS. Wha't syour excusee?

Location hidden

#821 Sep 16, 2012
Mel wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yeah, Hollywood gets like this when she is drinking. Saturday in Hollywood, Fla. with nothing to do but drink ,b*tch and scratch.
Sorry Mel, thought yoru post was from Psy(cho).

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#822 Oct 5, 2012
Joseph Townsend said:
People, you are treating yourselves with Arm and Hammer laundry detergent. Doctors and scientists have created drugs that clear up scabies. You may have had bad luck with these in the past, but I'm willing to bet you got reinfested from not cleaning or not having proper hygiene. My uncle works as a dermatologist and I hate to say this, but he claims out of all the people he sees that have a hard time getting rid of scabies, it's always fat dumpy people. Clean your disgusting house and body, take the proper treatments as prescribed by a doctor and stop taking baths in laundry detergent....

Joseph, Your Uncle shouldn't be in the medical field if he talks like this! Is he not got balls enough to come on here and talk that way to us??? I've had it for 7 yrs and only one doctor has ever believed that I had it. If a real doctor could diagnose me, maybe I'd be treated properly and not have to suffer. And the one doctor that diagnosed me could't help me because he was an eye doctor.
Bill

Grand Rapids, MI

#823 Oct 7, 2012
Hi

1 cup Arm & Hammer laundry soap in the bath tub and soak for 30 mins , and 1 cup per gallon in a pump sprayer sprayed on everything is the end of this bug ( POWDERED type only it only contains Sodium carbonate).
Outside a hose end garden rose sprayer with 2 cups Arm & Hammer POWDERED laundry soap AND 12 oz water, shake it up , screw on the hose and soak the house outside top to bottom.
Sleep on a n air mattress , deflate and roll up and soak it in 1 cup Arm & Hammer laundry soap in the bath tub or a 5 gallon bucket daily,

God bless you ,

BIll

Cedar Falls, IA

#824 Oct 7, 2012
Bill wrote:
Hi
1 cup Arm & Hammer laundry soap in the bath tub and soak for 30 mins , and 1 cup per gallon in a pump sprayer sprayed on everything is the end of this bug ( POWDERED type only it only contains Sodium carbonate).
Outside a hose end garden rose sprayer with 2 cups Arm & Hammer POWDERED laundry soap AND 12 oz water, shake it up , screw on the hose and soak the house outside top to bottom.
Sleep on a n air mattress , deflate and roll up and soak it in 1 cup Arm & Hammer laundry soap in the bath tub or a 5 gallon bucket daily,
God bless you ,
BIll
I do not have a tub. Is there another effective way to use the Arm & Hammer powder? Like in a leave on lotion, or in body wash?
Bill

Grand Rapids, MI

#825 Nov 2, 2012
Hi

Many are pouring it on I use 1 teasp per cup of water and pour it on and leave it for 30 mins

It works well

Pray hard God is in control

2 tbls cconut oil in the bath tup and soak in the diluted oil makes it soak in and stops crawling . And it makes a shield on the skin . Purchase next to the olive oil at most grocerys. Nativa brand Organic is better and smells excellent

God bless you

Bill

He annoints my head with oil . My cup runneth over .

I years of no crawling since using the coconut oil in the bath , something about the dilution and the warm water works , stops swarms in tracks in the car too. It is very easy to wash off. Annd it is eatable , 1/2 oz per day clears the body of fungus , cured my friend of a 5 year toenail fungus drinking that amount for 6 months and the nail grew in after 5 years with no nail due to fungus
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not have a tub. Is there another effective way to use the Arm & Hammer powder? Like in a leave on lotion, or in body wash?

Cedar Falls, IA

#826 Nov 3, 2012
Bill wrote:
Hi
Many are pouring it on I use 1 teasp per cup of water and pour it on and leave it for 30 mins
It works well
Pray hard God is in control
2 tbls cconut oil in the bath tup and soak in the diluted oil makes it soak in and stops crawling . And it makes a shield on the skin . Purchase next to the olive oil at most grocerys. Nativa brand Organic is better and smells excellent
God bless you
Bill
He annoints my head with oil . My cup runneth over .
I years of no crawling since using the coconut oil in the bath , something about the dilution and the warm water works , stops swarms in tracks in the car too. It is very easy to wash off. Annd it is eatable , 1/2 oz per day clears the body of fungus , cured my friend of a 5 year toenail fungus drinking that amount for 6 months and the nail grew in after 5 years with no nail due to fungus
<quoted text>
OK, coconut oil is a safe internal/external combo that fights some fungi and bugs. Good!
Back to arm & hammer washing soda. Maybe there are no reports yet on safety and efficacy of a small amount in leave on lotion?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Have patience (Jun '11) 2 hr peterbarnes 5
Ivermectin, my last shot (Mar '12) 2 hr Darlesia 58
How does Ivermectin work exactly? (Mar '11) 2 hr Eddie 66
Scabies in your mouth? (Aug '13) 4 hr anonymous 3
how do i get rid of scabies once and for all? i... (Feb '07) 6 hr Reef24 4,508
Scabies DOES go away! (Feb '10) 14 hr deniseg 123
Ivomec 1% dosage (Oct '09) 16 hr june 15
More from around the web