recovery1

Madrid, Spain

#41 Sep 11, 2009
thanks itchygirl for the offer - i will look for something similar here :)
Tania

Westmead, Australia

#42 Sep 11, 2009
I also want to buy a similar product in Australia. I tried something with sodium carbonate in it but it didn't work. I probably need the a & h. Could someone please post a link to the product you use. I might get an American friend to send some over to me. I haven't Bern able to find the laundry powder on the net anywhere. Please help!!! Thanks. Tania
tryin A_H

Milwaukee, WI

#43 Sep 11, 2009
I called A&H at 1-800-524-1328 and asked for retailers in my area that carried the "ARM & HAMMER Powder Laundry Detergent Perfume & Dye Free". Otherwise do a search on the web for this exact product name and try to find someone who can deliver to Austraila. Here is one example online site: http://yhst-54645302932347.stores.yahoo.net/a...
I'm on my thrid day of A&H and will let everyone know who it's working - seems good so far...

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#44 Sep 11, 2009
http://www.armhammer.com/
I've mailed them asking for info on buying it in Australia,the UK and Spain and am waiting for a reply. The only other thing I can think of is US miliary service stores ,PX stores, so if you know someone who has access to them ,then that might be a solution.
Tania

Westmead, Australia

#45 Sep 11, 2009
Thanks tryin A_H and benG, that's so kind of you to help me out. The A & H packaging is strange as it doesn't actually say "laundry powder" on the box! I was soooooo confused until you sent me that link tryin. The stores that do post internationally, sell heaps of a & h products but not that specific laundry powder.

I've had this problem for ten years. If a simple, NON-TOXIC powder can help me, I will be overjoyed!!!
Bandit56

Hialeah, FL

#46 Sep 11, 2009
Bandit56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Another thing that works is Clorox Bleach,5-7 cups full,in a full bath of warm to hot water...
I just wanted to up-date on the use of Clorox in bath water...I believe 5-7 cups is too much first off,It has actually removed the hair on my front part of my legs & my arms in two nites,if I was bike racing or surfing this would be great(no Hair)...LOL...Also not to be nasty or anything,but also burn down below,very red and iritated...I should have stuck to the Arm & Hammer and forgot the clorox...I'm going back to the A&H tonite for sure.....
skf

Glasgow, KY

#47 Sep 11, 2009
oh!! bandit please dont do the bleach baths .
i had to go to the hospital with third degree burns because i got so desperate to get the crawling to stop and then they threw me into a mental ward because they thought i was .DELUSIONAL and trying to harm myself

ive also used outdoor spray for barns inside my home and had to have an ambulance give me oxygen and nitro .so please please STOP ...USING THE HARD STUFF .
I LEARNED A HARD LESSON .THESE THINGS CAUSE ENOUGH TROUBLE AS IT IS WIOTHOUT KILLING YOURSELF .THE ARMOR HAMMER .WORKS JUST STICK WITH THAT AND TOSS THE OTHER .
ive wrote down all the crap ive used and dont know why im still around but nothing touched it .its like they are invincible and then one night i used baking soda and found some relief .thats when the detergent came to mind .baking soda but yet stronger .ive tried alot of things and when i found something that made me feel normal and i didnt get sick and i smelled clean for once i did it and stuck with it and i feel a great release .
after awhile i noticed they werent sneaking back for attacks like they were i knew it was doing something right .i just had to share that .
still hoping for more good reports ..
Bandit56

Hialeah, FL

#48 Sep 11, 2009
skf wrote:
oh!! bandit please dont do the bleach baths .
i had to go to the hospital with third degree burns because i got so desperate to get the crawling to stop and then they threw me into a mental ward because they thought i was .DELUSIONAL and trying to harm myself
ive also used outdoor spray for barns inside my home and had to have an ambulance give me oxygen and nitro .so please please STOP ...USING THE HARD STUFF .
I LEARNED A HARD LESSON .THESE THINGS CAUSE ENOUGH TROUBLE AS IT IS WIOTHOUT KILLING YOURSELF .THE ARMOR HAMMER .WORKS JUST STICK WITH THAT AND TOSS THE OTHER .
ive wrote down all the crap ive used and dont know why im still around but nothing touched it .its like they are invincible and then one night i used baking soda and found some relief .thats when the detergent came to mind .baking soda but yet stronger .ive tried alot of things and when i found something that made me feel normal and i didnt get sick and i smelled clean for once i did it and stuck with it and i feel a great release .
after awhile i noticed they werent sneaking back for attacks like they were i knew it was doing something right .i just had to share that .
still hoping for more good reports ..

skf: Yeah,I was doing good with the A&H,don't know why I tried the bleach,I guess because a person that worked at a nursing home,that was infested said that is what she did....Wrong move for me ...O.K.Thanks for the reassurance on the A&H....I'M BACK ON BOARD........
recovery1

Madrid, Spain

#49 Sep 12, 2009
hi all, this product does not seem to be available out of usa - in europe they have something very similar but in a plastic bottle. dont want to order the wrong thing though! i have emailed one usa company and asked if they will do an international ship...

found something which is almost identical on ebay, item number 390024153293 , can someone verify this is the correct stuff please? waiting to hear if the seller will do an international ship too. if not is there anyone on this forum who will ship me 2 or 3 boxes please and i will make a transfer via paypal?

is this stuff really working for you all? i mean is it reducing them in your environment completely? i really need something to kill them on the floors where they seem to still bite me from!
tryin A_H

Milwaukee, WI

#50 Sep 12, 2009
Hi recovery1 - that ebay item IS the A&H powder, the only *issue* is that it is "cool breeze" sented. SO, if you don't mind smelling like a "cool breeze" (whatever that is) then go for it - i'm sure it smells better than bleach. For me, the preferred is the "Perfume & Dye Free" version, if you can get it.

Location hidden

#51 Sep 12, 2009
recovery1
I think Bill in Mich helped Zelda using paypal.
His email address is on one of his posts somewhere.
I'm reduced to wearing plastic bags on my feet because ,like you that's where they bite me from too
no matter how much boiling water,borax, bleach etc..etc I pour on it.
recovery1

Madrid, Spain

#52 Sep 13, 2009
bill in mich if you are reading this would you be willing to post a box or two please?

benG1 do the plastic bags stop the biting on the feet 100%? just considering the options the "bites" may be internal etc. seems unbelievable to me that such tiny "invisable" mites can traverse the floor and scale a shoe (which frequently shuffles around) to bite the skin... it's almost as though these things can jump like fleas - but that would be another nightmare alltogether...

Location hidden

#53 Sep 13, 2009
rec1, It does seem to help,and as someone's posted before,shoes themselves can become very infested. All I know is that if I walk barefoot on my lino floor (I had wood laminate flooring but got rid of it), I feel 'them' crawling and nipping them but if I wear plastic bags on them it's hugely reduced...can 'they' smell or feel vibration when their host is present and then swarm towards it ? I know for sure that there are some IN my feet as you've seen on the USB thread (I'll reply later to that).Cuidar verte.
recovery1

Madrid, Spain

#54 Sep 13, 2009
i have a laminate floor and it's getting sprayed every few hours with raid - but still get a few nips per day. only on the area where i sit normally though... when im out at other locations i dont get any nips. wearing crocs for easy cleaning and normal shoes go into freezer every night - which seems to work well. read bird mites and possibly scabies are attracted by pheromones, heat and/or carbon dioxide - but how many can there really be on the floors? i am wondering if maybe they are coming from somewhere... because now i zap every bite and scrape it off with alcohol gel and dispose but the nips just keep coming. worse at night, more frequent. i remember i used to get the same in bed each year when i brought out the winter blanket so wondering if something got into that and started the whole thing years ago. never noticed any crawling or other strange things then though.

do you get the bites on your head too? and they can be quite sensitive there? i had that on and off for years and i wonder if this thing started when my doc gave me something for it they didnt like atall - so the emigrated down to more noticable areas...

what are your docs saying about the pics you made?
recovery1

Madrid, Spain

#55 Sep 13, 2009
managed to order and get shipped a couple of boxes though myus.com - quite a useful service :)

Location hidden

#56 Sep 13, 2009
Iíd washed the floors so often that water had probably got trapped underneath them and began to wonder the fewer hiding places there were the better.
I think (and dread!) that I have the atypical kind so am likely to be shedding mites constantly. The only scabs Iíve ever had were in my scalp and that was years ago but I currently get skin crawling on
head and nipping on my face ,eyelids (which are swollen) and most worryingly of all , in my eyes which totally freaks me out as I donít know how to treat that at all .
Well I do know the answer to that reallyÖIíve got to move. Iím seriously concerned about my eyesight ,have mentioned it to every derm , doctor ,whatever for the last 6 years. I think I have a whitlow in my right eyelid, in fact know I have. I have one on my l/h 4th finger too.
Like you , Iíve been remembering bouts of itchiness that happened years before this saga (which began in 2001) and can recall my shins being so intensely itchy that I scratched them till they bled.
I travelled a fair bit when was I quite young and was thinking I might have got infected then but thatís ridiculous really and possibly racist (dirty, diseased ridden 3rd world country , clean,germ free 1st world) when in reality I couldíve got something from a grotty old bedsit or a second hand sofa here in London.
Iíll post about the docís and my pics on the USB threadÖ.
I'll check out that site ....we need a Red Cross airlift of the stuff !
SKF

Glasgow, KY

#57 Sep 13, 2009
HOW IS EVERYONE???.IS EVERYONE GETTING TO GET WHAT THEY NEED AS FAR AS THE HAMMER IS CONCERNED .ANYONE HAVING MORE LUCK?
wtm

Gilbert, AZ

#58 Sep 13, 2009
I tried the A & H, and so far it seems to be the best !!

One thing I have just figured out after being on the Ivermitin and then suddenly getting them varmints back again.

They are small enough to crawl THROUGH the bedding !!
You need to put "plastic" trash bags OVER your pillows, then the pillow sheet, and go to Lowe's of Home Depot and get a plastic "painting" drop cloth. Put this OVER your mattress, and then put the sheets back on.

This will keep them from coming back on you at night. Change the pillow cases and sheets often.

I use a new towel after every bath, and now wash them in the A & H.

Good luck to everyone, let us know what else works !!!!
recovery1

Madrid, Spain

#59 Sep 13, 2009
hi benG1, that nipping sounds nasty. luckily it's been a while since i felt nipping on the face area but i remember it's not nice. i did once get bitten on the eye itself - which really freaked me out as scabies aren't supposed to do that, and also i was near a mirror at the time but couldn't see any sign of what caused it. shortly after that i began taking iver and that backed things right off.

sounds like your infestation may have built up to a high level. have you managed to get iver at all and did you notice any difference with it? i am reading about the different kinds of mites now to see what others it may be. it seems there are several mites that could produce the symptoms we get and not all live under the skin. the walking dandruff one sounded similar as does the dog mite, rat mite and a few others. i posted a new link to the various mite types and their pics.

many of them have the typical "bites in a line" pattern, as though they are walking along you taking sample bites at intervals. i've had this pattern so many times now over the past year and also along the hairline is common like JMS Robertson (who says she has/d the walking dandruff mite). this bites in line pattern was what led my doc & derms to think it was just regular insect bites for so long and not give me any mite treatments - which was pure torture for 5months!
bandit56

Stuart, FL

#60 Sep 13, 2009
SKF wrote:
HOW IS EVERYONE???.IS EVERYONE GETTING TO GET WHAT THEY NEED AS FAR AS THE HAMMER IS CONCERNED .ANYONE HAVING MORE LUCK?
SKF: Bandit56 here,Yeah I think I did a major set back the two days I done the Bleach stunt,And now I have been itching ,really bad,does anybody know why these things insist on having a party at around three--three thirty in the A.M??...I have been cleaning my ass off all day today,sweep all the floors,and then used my mothers little steam cleaner on all the tile floors...Whats bad is my mother this morning found some red dots on her arms..I am her care giver,and do pretty much everything around here..She is 90 y.o.I don't know how I'm going to deal with her getting them also,I'm going to pray real hard that she doesn't get the boogers....THIS REALLY SUCKS BAD...O.K. I fell better!!!I liked Bill's idea about putting plastic bags on the feet while cleaning and etc.Now I know what to use all those Publix and Wal-mart bags for...LOL..(just tie them around your ankles,is that a cool idea or what?)Also I've been putting latex gloves on while using the computer,and cleaning..Bought them at Harbor freight box of 100..Cheap...Trying not to spread these things any more then we have to....Later...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
how do i get rid of scabies once and for all? i... (Feb '07) 7 hr swee10thesour 4,333
I'm having a nervous breakdown! (Mar '12) 7 hr swee10thesour 32
My Dr. Said I CAN'T get rid of scabies (Jun '08) 11 hr szzzzz 16
FACEBOOK page for SCABIES 12 hr Xiang Qigon Lee 4
Scabies won't go away (Aug '06) 18 hr Bill 1,203
will sulfur soap get rid of scabies (Jun '10) 23 hr lele42 193
HORROR VIDEO of scabies Thu Dude 2
ivermectin dosage chart and info (Oct '11) Mar 20 Gerald 679
More from around the web