Scottsdale, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2009

Bandit56 wrote:
Sorry,1/2 to 1 full scoop......If you or she has open wounds,You might want to start with 1/2 scoop till they start healing...I started with 2- scoop in my first bath,and it did burn on the open wounds....I'm on my 6th day,and all wounds are almost gone....Still have post itching, but when I do I use my 32 oz. spray..(3- Tablespoons to as much as 1/4 scoop in a 32 oz. spray bottle...spray the heck out of everything..It will leave a white film,but You can clean that with water later after the critters are long gone...
Bill,
thanks for the information about the correct product to use. I am headed out to get some now and will keep all posted. As remarked earlier my wife and I have been battling the biting mites for over two years with no relief. WE will keep you posted.
thanks, David
armed and fabulous

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2009

I've been using the same detergent, but with the scent. But now that I know the unscented version works, I will switch to that one.
skf

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2009

Judged:

like to see everyone is getting better and not so miserable .at first when i used it they would come to the surface of my skin and itch me and i would just rub out that spot .im still good to go .i also got sterile eye drops and kept them in my eyes so they couldnt move ther .i know this sounds gross but i would dip my finger in the bath and whirl it around inside the nose holes and kept listerine strips in my mouth .just didnt want them to find an escape plan .the soap is the best treatment ive evr seen and im glad that others are feeling it as well .and a plus is it doesnt make you sick .yesterday for the first time i found armor hammer cleaner and ive been cleaning other things with it .i am not feeling anything but i guess they have mentally messed with me and i dont take any chances to go through that again .DAVID ..please stand by your wife .this is the worse thing she could deal with .my husband didnt believe me and then when i was put in the hospital for lyme disease they attacked him while i was gone for two weeks so then he did believe me because they made him the host and then he sufferered as i .he let me do everything to take care of it when i returned .that has left me bitter because this will drain you .you are a good man to get on here and find a solution .just treat her with kindness and she will show the signs of feeling better .it takes awhile to shake off something like this .just love her and let her know everythings going to be alright and your there .2 years is a long time .it was almost 3 years for us also but just do this together and if you get through it .there is nothing the two of you cant handle as a couple ...good luck .please come back and let us know later on ok .thinking of you .
armed and fabulous

San Anselmo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2009

I'm wondering if I can get some input here. things are going well with the move and cleaning stuff, but I'm freaking out a bit about my cat who woke me up last night itching and shaking her head like she had ear mites again. I also had a few pepper flake like things on the bed. I ran her to the vet this morning and they don't do sulphur dips there, but were emphatic that revolution would kill any mite on her. her last application of the stuff was 3 wks ago, and the vet said that every 3 wks is fine, so I did that. Then I asked the vet if she had ever heard of a house infested with rat or bird mites and she said "no". oh man! Now my cat is on my lap and I feel like i'm being bitten on my leg. I'm EXTREMELY Worried about getting this new place and new roommate infested. what shoul I do? run to a hotel!! panicking now..help!
Bandit56

Hialeah, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2009

armed and fabulous wrote:
I'm wondering if I can get some input here. things are going well with the move and cleaning stuff, but I'm freaking out a bit about my cat who woke me up last night itching and shaking her head like she had ear mites again. I also had a few pepper flake like things on the bed. I ran her to the vet this morning and they don't do sulphur dips there, but were emphatic that revolution would kill any mite on her. her last application of the stuff was 3 wks ago, and the vet said that every 3 wks is fine, so I did that. Then I asked the vet if she had ever heard of a house infested with rat or bird mites and she said "no". oh man! Now my cat is on my lap and I feel like i'm being bitten on my leg. I'm EXTREMELY Worried about getting this new place and new roommate infested. what shoul I do? run to a hotel!! panicking now..help!
Armed and Fab,are sure that it might not be flees?
armed and fabulous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2009

I wish it was. I went through the usual process of finding out how bad this all is..first thought fleas, then bombed and sprayed and advantaged to death with it only getting worse and the bites on me different, then it went full force with them crawling all over me at night, then thinking it might be scabies and getting checked by 3 different doctors and begging the last one for permethrin even though he thought it wasn't scabies, then on to natural cures, pesticides, and on and on. Got some good results for a while with spraying diluted rubbing alcohol, and shampooing the carpet with diluted pinesol and borax, and much laundry encasing the bed with plastic etc. The arm and hammer did make a difference, but I had already given notice to move and found another place.
I guess I'll just need to spray the diluted arm & hammer on the carpet of the new place as a preventative to start. I don't want to freak out my roommate unneccesarily, but want to be as safe as I can be.
From what I can tell they are tiny white flecks, and then in the morning, there are tiny dark flecks in my bed and sometimes in the bath. All my sores are healed pretty well now, used various products, some desenex and sulphur8 before using the A&H detergent
BILL IN MICH

Jackson, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2009

Judged:

Hi Armed and fab
You know what to do , borax in the carpet , shampoo it in with a rug doctor shampoo machine is great.my friend in florida has a cat and dusts her house heavily with borax to kill bugs, her cat is fine it has been 1 year,
The peroxide /borax/water mix is for dogs
I used it on me it killed all of this bug
here is the post that saved my skin
( I am John Doe <doe1769@yahoo.com )
Frito is mm-m she is from the topix forum back in 2007, she had lesion the would not cure, this mix cured it , so I used it , I had bumps, and crawlings, and piecring bites,
Roach prufe is a fine boric acid mix from ace hardware $5.00 for a quart , it is placed in the cracks CAREFULLY and brushed in so the mite will travel thru it, and so you dont kick it up and breathe the nasty powder. I make my own wit ha blender ouside and borax , it works , but is horrible to breathe and made me hate borax for weeks. I will never breathe it again.
Ok here is the post and link and the mix ingredients, I use it on any bite and it curesit quick,
http://www.earthclinic.com/Pets/dog_mange_cur...
The mix:
2 tblspns borax (20 mule team Borax laundry booster
16 oz peroxide (3%)
32 oz water.
mix it , and the borax nuetralizes the peroxide
Subj: FW:[birdmitesorg] Fw: Borax
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2008 20:55:34 -0800 (PST)
Size: 16k
----- Original Message -----
Subject:[birdmitesorg] Fw: Borax
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 2:50:18
To: <birdmitesorg@yahoogroups.c om>
I have a reason for posting this, that will come. 

For now, there is good info here.  I have used this on myself and is what healed my first two craters of simmering hell on my arms way back when.  I will remind you those lesions were on the order of 7cm long and 5 cm wide.  Substitute human for dog.  There is a great explanation of the usefulness of H202, vinegar, and borax.  The actions of Borax can also be applied to the environment.  This will also tell you on how Borax works to kill and also addresses toxicity issues.  Also, remember,  H202 is a penetrant and very effective.

Frito

Ted replies, "A definitive recipe is add 1-2 tablespoon of borax per 500 cc of 1% hydrogen .
ide solution. To make a 3% hydrogen peroxide to 1%, roughly gaet one part of 3% H2O2 plus two parts of water. Then apply them on the dog. Wash with this solution daily, no rinsing. If it doesn't go away, I have found mites, or mange to have a large "beehive" hidden somewhere. In which case, quarantine the dog in a small area that is 100% sterile."
"Approximate measurements are 1 bottle of 500 of 3% H2O2, plus 1000 of the cc of water, plus heaping 3 tablespoons of borax. Stir until most of borax is dissolved. The borax is past the point of saturation here so you will see some borax around. Technically the concentration is around 1.5% H2O2, and this is a bit stronger because by the time we ...
More at:
http://www.earthclinic.com/Pets/dog_mange_cur...
God bless you , Bill
pray hard God will help , He is wonderful and merciful
armed and fabulous wrote:
I wish it was. I went through the usual process of finding out how bad this all is..first thought fleas, then bombed and sprayed ......
skf

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2009

well i had two house dogs -one was a boxer and one tiny chihua hua .i just could not take care of the bigger dog and myself to .so i had to take her to aspca and then the little dog i give a bath in the armor hammer same as me and then get ear mite drops to put in his ears while i was treating .if your cat dont like the bathtub .get a small spray bottle and spray it and also its ears .it will not hurt it .at first i was doing the saok baths and just washing our pets in dog shampoo and they would creep back .they will leave you and go to your pet since it is warm blooded and then its the same routine over and over .take care of your pet just like you do yourself in every way .
my visit to our local vet was ...i ask him what a bird mites life cycle looked like .well ,he pulled out a book and the eggs are white and hard .then they hatch and they look like lint floating around your house as they mature the white thingys got shorter .the adult mites are tiny little specks the size of this period. some are red even .i believe the red ones to be spider mites .but who knows .i am still free of these horrific things for now and my dog doesnt itch either .some days after playing out alot he shakes his head or if he scratches i give him yet another bath .no fleas ot ticks have been present since the hammer soap .his coat is so soft and shiny .sometimes i dont even rinse him well and dry him with a towel .i try to bath him once or twice a week .you have to get your cats coat wet with this soap as well so you dont keep passing them back and forht .yopuve used the soap and the things went to your cat because they cant stand the soap smell or something .try that and see how it works .i do know cats hate water .
skf

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2009

Judged:

i use nothing at all now except the hammer and i just do it for precaution about every other week .no creams and lotions or iver mectin .nothing at all .its so much easier .living out of trash bags and feeling like a prisoner in your home is not to fun .dont give up .keep trying this .i promise you it gets better and better .
armed and fabulous

Mountain View, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2009

thank you both so much for the info. I will try to get her bathed.

Since: Aug 09

San Antonio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2009

Hi, I have a question.... I believe it is bird mites that I have been suffering from. Now I am finally getting some relief with the Arm and Hammer baths and I am optimistic that this will finally come to an end. However, my question is... I live with my grandmother, however I stay some nights at my boyfriends house. I just started staying over there recently less than a month. Can these mites be transfered by sexual contact and will my boyfriend get them?
John

Willis, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2009

Judged:

Jenniferisgoinutz wrote:
Hi, I have a question.... I believe it is bird mites that I have been suffering from. Now I am finally getting some relief with the Arm and Hammer baths and I am optimistic that this will finally come to an end. However, my question is... I live with my grandmother, however I stay some nights at my boyfriends house. I just started staying over there recently less than a month. Can these mites be transfered by sexual contact and will my boyfriend get them?
Some of these types of nites do not pass between family members. As some family members have a very good immune system. Just be on the lookout for your boyfriend, as he mite get a few of these mites. You can always purchase a air mattress and sleep separate from him. so you don't risk the change of passing them onto him. If you are constantly with someone all the time, there is a great chance of passing them onto him. If they are scabies a couple of full body treatment of permethrin should help both of you. Keep your environment mite free by using hot water for wash and drying a long time in high heat. wipe surfaces down thoroughly. good luck.
depressed

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2009

I too have birdmites. Same as described by skf. I have seen black specs, lint flating, red and blue fibers and black thread like crawlers.Tey are mainly on my scalp and feet. Sulpher has helped some. But they are coming back. I will try Arm and Hammer. How long should I use it? Thanks skf.
skf

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2009

Judged:

until its gone keep treating .i would soak one night and then shower the next .its almost like you have to trick them so they dont know whats coming ....when i took the soak i would put a q-tip in the tub and clean out my ears and then around in my nose .i rolled around and soaked each part of my body .i would even immerse my face a couple of times .i know there are alot of things that disturb people but i want to say that i wanted to make sure i got every crack and crevice of my body so they couldnt find a new place to locate so me as a woman and it does seem that they hit them the hardest .i took a douch and an enema once a week with coffee .the omish dr i saw told me to try that and a lot of things came rolling out that way to .
im not trying to sound nasty but just want to help with whatevr i can .BUT AS LONG AS YOU STILL FEEL THEM DO THE BATH AT LEAST EVERY OTHER DAY .TILL THEY ARE GONE .ONCE YOU NO LONGER FEEL ANYTHING THEN GRADUALLY JUST TAPER OFF .JUST KEEP DOING THAT .after your nightmare is over all everyone needs to do is get some rest that youve missed out on and recover and get settled .i know this is hard .my body tells me everyday that it about was at the breaking point .also try to spray the perimeter around your house .please be careful when you spray indoors .try to do it a day you can visit a park or parents ..that way they wont try to escape on you .i would just try the baths first .i have depression ive never known but truthfully this is like a nervous breakdown kind of thing .but look how strong we all had to become .not everyone could handle this kind of thing .we are doing it and we will ALL win it .just keep talking to us and you have supporters on here .
Bandit56

Hialeah, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2009

depressed wrote:
I too have birdmites. Same as described by skf. I have seen black specs, lint flating, red and blue fibers and black thread like crawlers.Tey are mainly on my scalp and feet. Sulpher has helped some. But they are coming back. I will try Arm and Hammer. How long should I use it? Thanks skf.
Depressed,by any chance do you have very low core temp.,say like 97.2-97.5,I read something a while back on Morgellons disease,about the fibers,red,blue and white coming out of your skin,with the itching and similar things like scabies and birdmites..You might want to google Morgellon's Disease and read on it...Low core temp it one of the symtoms..Just a thought not trying to freak ya out.It to is treatable...
recovery1

Madrid, Spain

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2009

does anyone have a link to buy arm & hammer online? i've tried searching for it but doesn't seem to exist over in europe...
itchygirl

Youngstown, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2009

Judged:

recovery,
I found a couple of online places, but none seemed to have overseas shipping. If I find one I will post it for you. Arm and hammer contains sodium carbonate, also known as washing soda. I think that might be the ingredient that gets them. Is there any laundry detergent where you are at that has it? Sodium bicarbonate is not the same thing.
Bandit56

Hialeah, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2009

Judged:

recovery1 wrote:
does anyone have a link to buy arm & hammer online? i've tried searching for it but doesn't seem to exist over in europe...
Another thing that works is Clorox Bleach,5-7 cups full,in a full bath of warm to hot water...
Bandit56

Hialeah, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2009

You will kill the mites,but you will smell like bleach....Use the same way as the Arm & Hammer,bath in it then towel dry,do not rinse off,it will sting a little on the open sores..I did this last nite and today I have had no itching at all no crawlies ..I would do this every other nite...I am going to rotate this with the Arm And Hammer every other nite...Shower in between to wash off....
Joe

Gulfport, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2009

skf wrote:
like to see everyone is getting better and not so miserable .at first when i used it they would come to the surface of my skin and itch me and i would just rub out that spot .im still good to go .i also got sterile eye drops and kept them in my eyes so they couldnt move ther .i know this sounds gross but i would dip my finger in the bath and whirl it around inside the nose holes and kept listerine strips in my mouth .just didnt want them to find an escape plan .the soap is the best treatment ive evr seen and im glad that others are feeling it as well .and a plus is it doesnt make you sick .yesterday for the first time i found armor hammer cleaner and ive been cleaning other things with it .i am not feeling anything but i guess they have mentally messed with me and i dont take any chances to go through that again .DAVID ..please stand by your wife .this is the worse thing she could deal with .my husband didnt believe me and then when i was put in the hospital for lyme disease they attacked him while i was gone for two weeks so then he did believe me because they made him the host and then he sufferered as i .he let me do everything to take care of it when i returned .that has left me bitter because this will drain you .you are a good man to get on here and find a solution .just treat her with kindness and she will show the signs of feeling better .it takes awhile to shake off something like this .just love her and let her know everythings going to be alright and your there .2 years is a long time .it was almost 3 years for us also but just do this together and if you get through it .there is nothing the two of you cant handle as a couple ...good luck .please come back and let us know later on ok .thinking of you .
Hi SKF: I am so happy for you that you finally got rid of these monsters. And from such a simple product!! that is awesome!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of898
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

170 Users are viewing the Scabies Forum right now

Search the Scabies Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
This US Laboratory Can ID Mites from Mite, Egg,... 45 min scratchmeplease 33
Albendazole (Valbazen) Curing Me (Oct '13) 2 hr Flossy 724
Post Scabies Red Bumps (Aug '09) 5 hr Michelle 119
all natural cures are scams ! 6 hr Janet Carver PHD MD 2
A **HORROR VIDEO** of scabies and shows the cure! 6 hr Janet 1
Available in 2 bottles 9 hr Chalene 1
We can help! 9 hr troy 1
how do i get rid of scabies once and for all? i... (Feb '07) 15 hr lasvegaslasvegas 4,014
•••
•••
•••
•••