cant stand it

Camas, WA

#221 Sep 29, 2009
Thank God for the internet, and I truly mean that. My 18 year old daughter has scabies and we have been fighting it since April of this year. Didn't find out what it was until June. We already used perfume free detergents, hypoallergenic soaps etc. but tried to change shampoos or anything else we could think of. Went to see her doctor in May but they didn't have a clue what it was so sent us to a Dermatologist where we had to wait 6 weeks even to get in. The very day we saw them they diagnosed it and we started treatment with the Permethin cream. That was in June. Here is is September and we have all been treated, all of us twice and three of us inluding her 4 times, and still cannot cure her of it. She is the only one that has shown up with the rash and itching in a household of 7. Have done the whole repeated washing and wiping down of everything but never with Borax. Also bombed entire house, every room and her car with Eliminator bombs recommended by some on internet as it contains the same Permethin chemical in the bomb and she is till tormented. She cried so much last night, my heart is just breaking for her. Her boyfriend also had it, took only one treatment and cleared right up. He says his mom treated themselves and their house too but my daughter still has it. Each time we think we are winning the battle it comes back twice as bad. She eventually developed a staph skin infection from scratching so much. I will definitely try the arm and hammer, and keep your finger crossed,(and a prayer or two would be nice) that it works. I don't know what else to do for her. She is embarrassed and depressed over this. Also, we have one small dog and two cats. We treat the dog with Advantage once a month but not the cats and don't seem to have a problem with fleas or anything I would relate to them, but can they be carriers and do I need to treat them somehow? Thanks for the great info again, going to the store right now!
skf

Glasgow, KY

#222 Sep 29, 2009
for some reason ,its like its harder for women to treat then men . you are doing all the right things .just let her know that it will be alright .shes young ,i can understand her sadness with this .let her know shes not alone in this fight .she also will get through this .
bug dreams

Portsmouth, VA

#223 Sep 29, 2009
SKF wrote:
<quoted text>oh darlin' try 3 years of this non- stop and every doctor looking at you and saying nothing is there while your sitting in his office feeling them crawl as hes diagnosing you as nuts .to me it was like a ski- fi movie where something is happening and no- one believes you .UNTIL IT HAPPENS TO THEM .we may have drs calling us one day and asking us how did you get rid of that ,i have never been so angry at the medical profession like i am now in all my life and im sure as soon as they see we are getting better then they may just pull it off the market after all these years .just anyone finding relief with this please come on this forum and assure people that there is hope .that makes such a difference sometimes to just one person .there is a reason to keep trying because i knew i would come across something that smacked them down .these things surely do have 1000 lives and it seems as though no matter what you do they come right back .i just made up my mind and i experimented with anything and everything but i could not wait to find something to remotely brought someone one good nights rest if anything .and when this stopped the itching on me almost instant i knew i had to share that .
those of you who do get free from the soap please ,please dont be self centered and always come back from time to time and encourage those who have even just started this nightmare .its going around fast and we have to always know there is some one out there who knows what these things feel like ,they believe you and always there to listen and help .life is so precious and the evil one comes to steal and destroy but now when my feet hit the floor the ole devil says uh oh SHES UP!! KEEPING EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU IN MY THOUGHTS AND I PRAY FOR THE SUFFERING TO BE OVER .
Are you all referring to getting rid of SCABIES mites with A&H? Does it kill them? I have my own personal hell going on with what I THINK is scabies. Derm did a scrape....nothing...took perm...neem oil....ALL Stop...nothing working. Don't have the symptomatic rash, just small mini-pimple like bites that itch and crop up in random places. Forearm, back of leg, upper back. I also have a 2 year old and 4 month old and can't take this any longer. I HAVE GREAT FAITH that we will all be healed, but I'm exhausted...got to go do the sheets again!!
xo
bug dreams

Portsmouth, VA

#224 Sep 29, 2009
Are you all referring to getting rid of SCABIES mites with A&H? Does it kill them? I have my own personal hell going on with what I THINK is scabies. Derm did a scrape....nothing...took perm...neem oil....ALL Stop...nothing working. Don't have the symptomatic rash, just small mini-pimple like bites that itch and crop up in random places. Forearm, back of leg, upper back. I also have a 2 year old and 4 month old and can't take this any longer. SIDE-NOTE: This is 2 months after thinking it may be BedBugs and having four exterminators that couldn't even find a flea, we even bought a new mattress $$$ and I am ruining all of my families clothes from the extreme over-washing. Scared to touch my babies precious skin and wearing turtle-necks everyday. YIKES!
Sorry for the dupe, trying to figure out how this post stuff works:).I HAVE GREAT FAITH that we will all be healed, but I'm exhausted...got to go do the sheets again!!
Trying not to lose God's peace. Praying for all of you.
xo
adana

Vader, WA

#225 Sep 29, 2009
Just a thought here at random, I was told by a derm. to use baby shampoo in my eyes and wash with water if I get perm. in my eyes so I bought that. I bought A&H non-sent, derm. tested today. Going to try the A&H in a little bit.
adana

Vader, WA

#226 Sep 29, 2009
Can you clean more to help her more to get rid of them. I mean, you have to clean alot, sometimes clean the house, everything you touch a few times a day. Have you bagged every piece of material in the house except for about 2 or 3 changes of clothes, have you taken down the cloth curtains? There's so much I think you might not be doing. You really have to go to the extra length repeatedly to get rid of it. Is everyone taking a few showers a day? Do you have zippered vinyl on your beds and boxsprings too? Clean day and night. There's no time to watch a whole movie when you are trying to get rid of Scabies. There's no time to spare. Having this 5 times altogether, a total of 5 1/2 yrs, I can tell you that she is suffering. You would be better off admitting her to an assisted living where they will get rid of it much faster. People admit there loved ones all the time, that's why nursing homes and such are over run with it, but they know how to get rid of it. Then she could come home and live happily ever after. It's just a thought.
skf wrote:
for some reason ,its like its harder for women to treat then men . you are doing all the right things .just let her know that it will be alright .shes young ,i can understand her sadness with this .let her know shes not alone in this fight .she also will get through this .
adana

Vader, WA

#227 Sep 29, 2009
I meant to quote the person with the 18 yr old dd.
Bill from mich

United States

#228 Sep 30, 2009
Hi Can't stand it

I too was in tears, I had 700 bites the itching was unbearble

I ran for the sulfur as fast as I can.
I purchased 12 oz of sublimed flowers of sulfur made by Humco for $10.00 at www.americarx.com

I mix in a small empty dawn dishsoap bottle
1 teaspn coconut oil or any oil
1 teaspn sublimed flowers of sulfur
8 teaspn handcreme. any kind ( non mineral oil is healtheir)
Then shake for 1 minute ( best to shake the oil & sulfur first to dilute the sulfur .) apply top of head to toe. & leave on, it stopped the itch immedieatley or with in 1 hour . It is a great cheap weapon. Continued use kills the bug. I used it for 2 weeks &nd it seemed like it was all gone . But it came back so I retreated. It is an old cure to bugs in the skin.
The clothes that get sulfur on it cannot be made odor free again, they must remain separate from others. You cannot dry them in a dryer or the sulfur smell will spread to the dryer. I hang them up in the bathroom and use the hair dryer or a fan for 4 hrs to dry.
I boil my clothes in a large 16 qt pot for 1 hour,

God bless you,
Bill

Email me anytime you need a hand . Some bugs are very resistant. Some die easily .
doe1769@yahoo.com , if you send an email use the words sublimed flowers of sulfur in the subject & I will see your email.

pss many have been healed by sulfur Mr Al was after 30 days use , he upped the concentration , it works .
The bed is gets infested , best to sleep on an air mattress that has been soaked with 2 cups bleach & 10 gal water while deflated in a cooler in the tub , then drip dried & re-inflated with a hair dryer set on no heat with a piece of bailing wire on the cool shot button , it takes 90 seconds to reinflate & the bleach airs out in 3 hrs.
I had to think like a hospital& sterilize & spray
cant stand it wrote:
Thank God for the internet, and I truly mean that. My 18 year old daughter has scabies and we have been fighting it since April of this year. Didn't find out what it was until June....now!
Bill from mich

United States

#229 Sep 30, 2009
Hi can't stand it

Bleach and amonia makes chlorine gas & causes lung damage & death . Dishsop,shampoo & some laundry powders contain annonium which is an ammonia , it too will make chlorine gas .
I had a very resitant type or case like your daughter, my girlfriend was cured quickly from 1 or 2 tratments of permiterin while I did not get cured. after 4 treatmets . Rita an old poster used perm 60 times , she did not get cured . She and I & zooks & mary & many others had a resitant case we went to www.birdmites.org & found many different ideas to killing bugs that bite. I am there often my username is John Doe. So named cause o the many many thousands of dollars I have spent trying to kill this bug. Many people are cured quick with just perm. others with just sulfur. While some cases take steadty persistance.

This post by a farmer simplifies the bug

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/birdmite...

If you read it it will open a world of answers :

> >
> > God is all in all He knows what to do
> > ask Him, this is so important
> >

here is an excerpt from the link
......There are seed ticks
> that will cover you from brushing against the wrong tree limb, or infest
> your living room
> > when you buy that "real" tree at Christmas. The "Mange" in dogs, or
> as we humans dislike having to call it, "Scabies," that will infest you
> and all your
> > pets. There are hog lice, chiken mites, Sarcopic mange, ring worm,(&
> scores of other funguses from cattle and horses and dogs), that humans
> can get. There is
> > the "creeping crud," a fungus, that sometimes does not show to the
> naked eye for months, but will make you claw until you bleed, usually
> starting at the

Bye
Bill

ps its bug , it will die,kill it 30 min Borax baths with 2 cups & 1/8 cup dishsoap to drown the floaters will kill it in 2 weeks

psss arm & hammer soap works great !
cant stand it wrote:
Thank God for the internet, and I truly mean that. My 18 year old daughter has scabiesw!
Joe

Hollywood, FL

#230 Sep 30, 2009
cant stand it wrote:
Thank God for the internet, and I truly mean that. My 18 year old daughter has scabies and we have been fighting it since April of this year. Didn't find out what it was until June. We already used perfume free detergents, hypoallergenic soaps etc. but tried to change shampoos or anything else we could think of. Went to see her doctor in May but they didn't have a clue what it was so sent us to a Dermatologist where we had to wait 6 weeks even to get in. The very day we saw them they diagnosed it and we started treatment with the Permethin cream. That was in June. Here is is September and we have all been treated, all of us twice and three of us inluding her 4 times, and still cannot cure her of it. She is the only one that has shown up with the rash and itching in a household of 7. Have done the whole repeated washing and wiping down of everything but never with Borax. Also bombed entire house, every room and her car with Eliminator bombs recommended by some on internet as it contains the same Permethin chemical in the bomb and she is till tormented. She cried so much last night, my heart is just breaking for her. Her boyfriend also had it, took only one treatment and cleared right up. He says his mom treated themselves and their house too but my daughter still has it. Each time we think we are winning the battle it comes back twice as bad. She eventually developed a staph skin infection from scratching so much. I will definitely try the arm and hammer, and keep your finger crossed,(and a prayer or two would be nice) that it works. I don't know what else to do for her. She is embarrassed and depressed over this. Also, we have one small dog and two cats. We treat the dog with Advantage once a month but not the cats and don't seem to have a problem with fleas or anything I would relate to them, but can they be carriers and do I need to treat them somehow? Thanks for the great info again, going to the store right now!
Has your daughter tried ivermectin/stromectol? If she used this, along with a good topical, she may be able to do it, but you have to try to keep from getting reinfected from the car, the bedding, shoes, clothes, etc.
skf

Glasgow, KY

#231 Sep 30, 2009
Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Has your daughter tried ivermectin/stromectol? If she used this, along with a good topical, she may be able to do it, but you have to try to keep from getting reinfected from the car, the bedding, shoes, clothes, etc.
AND ITS VERY HARD NOT TO
I EVEN BOUGHT INSECTICIDAL SOAP AND SPRAY MISTED MY CLOTHES BEFORE I PUT THEM ON .SHOES AND ALL .THAT REALLY HELPED A GREAT DEAL .
adana

Vader, WA

#232 Oct 4, 2009
Can she move into her own apt and treat?
plzhelp

Chandigarh, India

#233 Oct 9, 2009
Hi,
I have been suffering from the same bird mite problem for a few years now. They came from pigeon nests. Have tried everything! from Sulfur to borax, clorox, lysol. pinsol, ivermectin, boric acid powder, numerous pesticides and sprays. Got some relief from sulfur and boric acid. also purchased a steamer to kill them on the clothes etc. I manage to kill them on my skin through clorox baths boric acid and several oils. I know ive significantly reduced there numbers because i dont get many bites now but want to completely erradicate them . Im having a tough time killing them in the enviroment. We have marble flooring yet they crawl. Does anyone know if they ship A&H to India?
plzhelp

Chandigarh, India

#234 Oct 9, 2009
for those of you having mite trouble in clothes and laptops shoes bags etc. I bought a great handheld clothes steamer. i steam my laptop, cushions, bed sheets, clothes, underwears, socks, shoes curtains etc. kills them and there eggs instantly. Ironing also is great to kill them in clothes.
recovery1

Madrid, Spain

#235 Oct 9, 2009
i agree, bought a great steam cleaner for 80e from amazon and works very well on surfaces, mattress etc. i put pillows in the dryer on hot for 2hrs sometimes too, just to be sure.
plzhelp

Chandigarh, India

#236 Oct 9, 2009
since A&H isnt available here yet im making do with clorox bleach 20% water and 70% bleach solution in a spray bottle for the environment. It kills the ones on my skin instantly no crawlies. Im pretty much mite free on the skin. And steaming the clothes does the trick..I dont get many bites anymore but if i walk around the house i feel them crawling up my legs. Im having trouble with the floors and walls especially the kitchen area. Off spray with deet works great it not only repels them but kills them because it sticks to there bodies. Off Deep woods or Off active orange bottle both are easily available in stores in the US like shop rite etc. Has anyone tried using hair spray? after using off i thought maybe something that sticks to there bodies will stop them from crawling smother them and kill them. I even read about anti perspirant extra dry sprays. As far as pesticides go I have tried several like deltamethrin fogging, permethin, cyfluthin, malathion etc. Nothing works. IM now thinking of non chemical ways. Heard burning menthol crystals dries out there bodies. Will try that next. Am working on getting A&H shipped as well. I read online somewhere one guy killed them with Windex.
armed and fabulous

Mountain View, CA

#237 Oct 9, 2009
Hi,
i just wanted to report in that things are going really well for me (knock on wood)and i rarely feel any pinpricks and don't have any bites now. i have gotten much less flinchy too, although my skin can still sense the smallest particle of anything around..that will probably last for a while, and that's ok, i'd rather be vigilant for a while longer.
as i said earlier, i'm not entirely sure what i had, but it lasted from early june 'til now, so I'm thinking bird mites, or several rounds of rodent mites.
I got a lot of info from this thread, so much of this will be repetative, but what seemed to work best for me was the arm & hammer baths with 1-2 cups of hydrogen peroxide mixed in( I think this was Bill's suggestion to use the non-chlorine all fabric bleach which is made up with h.peroxide). I did that almost every night. My hands, feet and face were the last places that they were bad..and straight h.peroxide worked, really well for that, especially on my feet! also sulphur soap in my morning shower, and pomada de azufre sulphur cream or sulphur8 slathered on my feet with socks on top..all my laundrey faintly smells like burnt matches now but i don't care!! the sulphur8 worked well on top of bites because it has that smothering action, like vaseline but also has the sulphur in it..could be same with homemade vaseline/lotion and sulphur mixture, but i couldn't ever find the sulphur powder, so i went with existing store products. the allpstop shea/msm soap is nice too, and smells better than the other stuff i've been using..more in next post re: what worked best for me in the environment.
I can't thank you all enough for all the great info on this thread!!
armed
armed and fabulous

Mountain View, CA

#238 Oct 9, 2009
ok..laundry & environment.
with the environment..I just ended up moving, packing stuff in plastic bags with a&h, borax & moth balls thrown in, and putting in storage until, when I don't know. I had tried so much to eradicate, and was probably close once I added the a&h to the arsenal, but since i couldn't find the source I felt that a new crop could enter the house at any time. I was renting, so this was the best option for me..although not cheap.
once I moved, I kept spraying the carpet with the a&h/water solution, and vaccuuming almost daily. I got a new bed with plastic covers on the matress & box spring. I kept a spray bottle of 1/2 Hydrogen peroxide/water & a little lavender oil with me at all times for my skin & the environment.
I put my clean clothes in plastic boxes with lids on shelves in a closet and put a few moth balls in the closet. any clothes or bedding that I used, I tied up in plastic bags with a moth ball inside until i could wash.
for laundry, I didn't have the ability to do long wash cycles, so i used hot water, a&h, 1-2 cups h.peroxide (in the non-chlorine bleach),and 2 oz.D-mite from Allerpet inc.(contains benzylbenzoate & tea tree oil). then everything went in a hot dryer until beyond dry, then into clean plastic bags until they could be put into the plastic boxes.
my lap top got a little misting of cedarcide, regular wiping with computer wipes containing alcohol..and sometimes i would wear latex gloves.
my cat got revolution spot treatment every 3 weeks and the occasional bath in between with A&H added to the rinse.
I tried everything with my car,but finally decided that I was getting re-infested by it and it wasn't worth keeping. So, I did several treatments w/ a&h solution and straight powder, a round of raid, let it sit unoccupied for 3 weeks, then donated it for parts.
I've been looking for another car, and finally think i've found one. for several weeks i was worried about getting another car and ruining it with bugs, but now i think it will be ok...YAY!!!!
I haven't let up on the laundry, but can now sleep in the same bedding for 2-3 days. I've reduced the vacuumimg to every 4 days!
I hope that some of this will help and also provide encouragement. Thanks for being there for me!
armed
recovery1

Madrid, Spain

#239 Oct 9, 2009
wow that's some serious enviro treatment!!! lol! sounds like you and i are at the exact same stage, 2-3 days bedding etc. do you still do any lotions or iver? have you tried getting a steam cleaner? amazon do good ones fairly cheap & i just picked one up. works well :)
skf

Glasgow, KY

#240 Oct 9, 2009
plzhelp wrote:
Hi,
I have been suffering from the same bird mite problem for a few years now. They came from pigeon nests. Have tried everything! from Sulfur to borax, clorox, lysol. pinsol, ivermectin, boric acid powder, numerous pesticides and sprays. Got some relief from sulfur and boric acid. also purchased a steamer to kill them on the clothes etc. I manage to kill them on my skin through clorox baths boric acid and several oils. I know ive significantly reduced there numbers because i dont get many bites now but want to completely erradicate them . Im having a tough time killing them in the enviroment. We have marble flooring yet they crawl. Does anyone know if they ship A&H to India?
I WOULD SHIP YOU SOME BUT IM BROKE RIGHT NOW. have you tried the armor hammer web site to see if they can send you some. i can do it by .c.o.d. but its quite expensive to send it over. if and when i get some extra id be glad to ship it for free. i bet they would send it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New to Scabies. 5 hr satansbug 1
scabies or what????? (Nov '11) 7 hr itchy and scabby 34
PLEASE HELP ME... do i have scabies? 9 hr homelessjoe 12
clean scabies clean 12 hr BAS 2
Can I give my scabies to my dog? (Feb '09) 21 hr Scratchy Man 28
bleach bath recommended by dermatologist (Aug '07) 22 hr Need answers 607
how do i get rid of scabies once and for all? i... (Feb '07) Sat Fowler 4,187
More from around the web