Pine Tar Products: Soaps, Shampoos etc

Pine Tar Products: Soaps, Shampoos etc

Posted in the Scabies Forum

FreakinBiteMe

Brooklyn, NY

#1 Dec 22, 2010
Hi Everyone,

-
I am starting this thread for Pine Tar Products. If anyone has any products with Pine Tar, cedarwood essential oils, etc in their Scabies Fight Arsenal, it would be great to share.

-
I have been using the Grisi Sulfur Soap with Lanolin for a while now...and that, with the Pomada de Azufre Sulfur Ointment has a great mite fighter, but it has dried out and trashed my skin (I probably used too much to rush the cure). So, I had been searching for a soap that is stronger than TheraNeem Neem soap, but a bit milder on the skin than the Grisi Mexican Sulfur Soap.

-

God must have heard this desperate cry for help. On Amazon, I found a freakin' awesome soap:

"A Wild Soap Bar - Pine Tar Neem Oil Bar Soap.
This is the soap for those with problem skin, with tea tree scented pine tar and neem oil. It can help with psoriasis, eczema, rashes, acne and dandruff. The combination of generous amounts of pine tar and neem oil plus organic aloe puts this bar far above its commercial counterparts.

Ingredients: Saponified cold pressed olive oil, coconut oil, organic palm oil, neem oil, and pine tar, organic aloe, essential oils of tea tree, pine, and cedarwood, organic oats, sea salt"

-
It smells like an earthy, growing forest with hints of pine sap. In a hot shower, you can really smell it, and it makes the bathroom fragrant. But, it doesn't linger on the skin, so you don't smell like a lumberjack on crack. The pinetar and cedarwood oils really stopped the crawls. It's about 5bucks on Amazon. On the SoapHope dot Com website, they have a price break of 4bucks if you buy 5. One bar has lasted about 3-4 weeks with 2x day big showers. The manufacturer is also socially responsible, and the profits go to help women' anti-poverty programs. I just wanted a product that works, and this Pine Tar/Neem soap worked great for me! TFG!!
-
I also found the Jason's Dandruff Relief Shampoo:
"Rosemary, Tea Tree and Neem Oils naturally heal the scalp
Colloidal Sulfur eliminates dry, itchy and flaky scalp
MSM amplifies the shampoo's benefits ", BUT, I haven't ordered it yet, so I can't give a recommendation. I'll try to remember to update this thread when I get it next month. It's pricey...14bucks on Amazon. I'm going to see if I can find it cheaper locally at a Health Food Store.
-
Good Luck, Everyone. Death to Scabies!!
Amy

Fayetteville, WV

#2 Dec 22, 2010
Sounds good. Ive been using all kinds of different stuff from the store. My aunt buys from amazon all the time. It beats going out into stores. Im gonna go check this soap out. Im just low on money right now cause I have drained my bank acc. over this. So I might order in a week or so. Thanks for your tips its nice of you to take the time to share what your useing.
Jeannie

United States

#3 Dec 22, 2010
-Hey, freakin' bite me-NOT!-that's so funny! I like your new thread-sounds like some good products!
Jeannie

United States

#4 Dec 22, 2010
-Hey freakin'-God does hear you, and he can work through others to HEAL. That is what this forum is all about-pass it on my FRIEND.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bird Mites (Jul '07) 24 min Menthol crystals 70
Should permethrin be applied to the vulva? (Jun '12) 1 hr KmG 41 2
small tiny clear bumps...looks like something i... (Jul '08) 2 hr girly1980 38
Used the permetherin(?) On to sulfur. Now what? 4 hr Sulphur soap blah 3
Lime sulfur 14 hr tryingtocureit 30
How to find out what type of mite you have (Jun '10) Fri Claireb 48
bleach bath recommended by dermatologist (Aug '07) Thu Rick 635
ivermectin dosage chart and info (Oct '11) Jun 18 Mary 819
More from around the web