Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#1 Mar 19, 2013
I think it was Sweet Kitten who mentioned this herb in passing, and so I looked it up... ordered some and started to work it into the rotation. I think it's as good, if not better than topical iver or eprinex, so it's worth trying if you want to go the natural route.

I tried both boiling and cold soaking... I think the former is stronger, but I'll try both again this week.

Initially I mixed the tea with some clove and grapefruit seed extract. but it was a bit sticky to wear. on the skin all day. I'm going to try mixing it with 91% alcohol and maybe some clove tincture.

It can be taken internally as well, but it's extremely bitter, and might be too astringent for all but the most robust body types.

There are lots of testimonials on it's efficacy on lice and intestinal worms around the internet... not so many on scabies. I do think it's worth a shot... I got a big bag for $11 online, which makes gallons of the tea (about a cup to several quarts of water... I didn't measure).

I like that I have something other than a toxic chemical to use topically while I work the internal iver route... the Durvet was just nasty, and the Eprinex gave me a headache.

When I feel a pinprick, I spray it on, and the tiny black dot pops right out. So I do think it has a very fast kill rate.

I hope this helps someone.

Location hidden

#2 Mar 20, 2013
I'm soo glad you started a thread on this! I bought the tea, but still have not received it. My husband grew up with this tea, and he said that the tea kills all types of parasites. I was taking the tea in beginning of my infestation. I don't know how much it helped I was taking soo much crap.
I would like to get the bark and start soaking in it. Does it sting when you soak? That's crazy that when spray that a black speck pops out. I use to see black specks pop out when I used tto directly on my skin. That has not happened in a while. Good luck!! Sounds promising

Location hidden

#3 Mar 20, 2013
No stinging, no burning... I think the topical is quite good. I haven't taken much of the tea internally... but I did order the pills.

I'm experimenting with mixing it with alcohol, it kills without it, but I have them on my scalp, which not even eprinex or durvet seemed to help. I think the alcohol will take it deeper into my skin than just plain.

What I like is that I'm not worried about ODing on it! Especially if I'm taking oral iver... I was really paranoid that I was going to overdo it.

Location hidden

#4 Mar 20, 2013
So you think it's working on your scalp? How long have you been doing the topical?
What has helped me on my scalp was vinegar left on for about 10-20 min while I was laying in the tub, denarok shampoo (sp?) and a deep conditioner. Then going under a dryer for as long as I could stand it, rinse out blow dry hair, then flat iron. I read some where someone said using a flat iron is like ironing your clothes, you an kill the eggs or mites hanging out. I do this every 5-7 days and I do not feel crawling at all!! the crawling was the worse on my scalp.

Location hidden

#5 Mar 22, 2013
Yes... but everytime I treat my scalp with anything they go to my neck and chest :-/

It's like whack a mole.

Location hidden

#6 Mar 22, 2013
The Hungry Ghosts wrote:
Yes... but everytime I treat my scalp with anything they go to my neck and chest :-/
It's like whack a mole.
Is the iver helping? What are your symptoms? I know felmuk said the same thing that each time she thought she was cured she wasn't because I guess they would be hanging out on her hair and she would get reinfected. She's cured now. She did neem, clove oil and coconut oil she sprayed her body and scalp everyday two times a day. I just got some neem. Omg does that stuff smell like crap. I can't use that during the day...going to try it this weekend

Location hidden

#7 Mar 22, 2013
Neem prevents them from reproducing from what I've read... but I think it's better in a mix... I was doing an essential oil mix with coconut oil... neem, clove, orange, oregano, thyme, anise, eucalyptus... you name it... even some odd ones - karanja oil which is like neem, but better smelling.

I found the oil did weird things to my skin... it did take the population down to where I had no rashes, no obvious lesions ... but I think the constant application of oil made my skin dry (since it wasn't producing any oil of its own),, and it didn't totally cure me.

I did find a nice oil mixture which I put on my kid, and that kept him from getting them http://www.repairthebare.com/

I just got a Quassia salve made by Bianca Rosa... it's got little flecks of the wood in it... so a little strange to rub in... I might heat it and give myself a scalp treatment, see what that does.

The iver helps, I have pin pricks, crawling, black dots, and occasional bites... sometimes a rash (like when I blow dried my hair, my neck broke out). Definitely not all over anymore, and it's getting less... but not gone yet.
Maybe another round of iver and some of these new topicals... and another round of cleaning. Ugh.

Location hidden

#8 Mar 25, 2013
The Hungry Ghosts wrote:
Neem prevents them from reproducing from what I've read... but I think it's better in a mix... I was doing an essential oil mix with coconut oil... neem, clove, orange, oregano, thyme, anise, eucalyptus... you name it... even some odd ones - karanja oil which is like neem, but better smelling.
I found the oil did weird things to my skin... it did take the population down to where I had no rashes, no obvious lesions ... but I think the constant application of oil made my skin dry (since it wasn't producing any oil of its own),, and it didn't totally cure me.
I did find a nice oil mixture which I put on my kid, and that kept him from getting them http://www.repairthebare.com/
I just got a Quassia salve made by Bianca Rosa... it's got little flecks of the wood in it... so a little strange to rub in... I might heat it and give myself a scalp treatment, see what that does.
The iver helps, I have pin pricks, crawling, black dots, and occasional bites... sometimes a rash (like when I blow dried my hair, my neck broke out). Definitely not all over anymore, and it's getting less... but not gone yet.
Maybe another round of iver and some of these new topicals... and another round of cleaning. Ugh.
HungryGhost, how does your bites look like? People always talk about bites and I guess it confuses me what a bite is. I know that everyone's bites are different. How's the mixture going? I used the iver for a while and I think it works. I think
My hair is how I get reinfected. Plus it keeps falling out :-( I haven't treated in a while. I want to try neem and clove on my scalp but neem just smells soo bad, how can I go to work with that nasty smelling stuff in my hair? I use to see black specks, I don't see them anymore. The crawling is very rare and it's usually on my scalp and if I feel a pin prick it's on my scalp. Just want this to be over...are you doing liquid iver?

Location hidden

#9 Mar 26, 2013
Needpeace34 wrote:
<quoted text>
HungryGhost, how does your bites look like? People always talk about bites and I guess it confuses me what a bite is. I know that everyone's bites are different. How's the mixture going? I used the iver for a while and I think it works. I think
My hair is how I get reinfected. Plus it keeps falling out :-( I haven't treated in a while. I want to try neem and clove on my scalp but neem just smells soo bad, how can I go to work with that nasty smelling stuff in my hair? I use to see black specks, I don't see them anymore. The crawling is very rare and it's usually on my scalp and if I feel a pin prick it's on my scalp. Just want this to be over...are you doing liquid iver?
There are several different kinds of bites, and I think it has to do with life cycle. There are 2 moulting stages, little pin pricks, stronger ones... and then there's the pregnant female bite, which is a stab. They feel like slivers going in. My stupid GP said I can't possibly feel them they are so small. Uh... I can feel a sliver I can't see. Same thing.

I did dog shampoo today with perm in it... left it in, washed it out... then I had pin pricks and crawling all over my body! I should have washed with sulfur soap after rinsing my hair. Ugh. Next time. Duh.

Location hidden

#10 Mar 26, 2013
The Hungry Ghosts wrote:
<quoted text>
There are several different kinds of bites, and I think it has to do with life cycle. There are 2 moulting stages, little pin pricks, stronger ones... and then there's the pregnant female bite, which is a stab. They feel like slivers going in. My stupid GP said I can't possibly feel them they are so small. Uh... I can feel a sliver I can't see. Same thing.
I did dog shampoo today with perm in it... left it in, washed it out... then I had pin pricks and crawling all over my body! I should have washed with sulfur soap after rinsing my hair. Ugh. Next time. Duh.
I hate that! I have lost faith in doctors.
Have you tired turpentine on your scalp?

What do you use on your body at night? Last night I bought this thick Shea butter from Africa and added lavender oil to it, skin feels nice.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
PLEASE HELP ME... do i have scabies? 4 min scaredofscabies 6
Scabies won't go away (Aug '06) 1 hr Scabies hell 1,199
Scabies on face and scalp? (Aug '07) 1 hr homeless 901
scabies or what????? (Nov '11) 1 hr homeless 21
Fogging (Jun '10) 4 hr Dan 12
How to get rid of scabies...very quick and on p... (Aug '12) 12 hr scaredofscabies 46
Morgellons and Lyme from mite infections (May '13) 12 hr Flossy 452
how do i get rid of scabies once and for all? i... (Feb '07) Dec 23 Jodyy 4,184
More from around the web