Borax, and A&H washing soda, in the l...

Borax, and A&H washing soda, in the laundry

Posted in the Scabies Forum

MikDee

Milford, PA

#1 Feb 16, 2010
This is what I use in the laundry, plus some lemon ammonia, it seems to work for me, as suggested right here:

http://www.cleansingorsurgery.com/scabies.htm
Pokadot Patty

United States

#2 Feb 16, 2010
Hi MIke !!

I do the same, but since I am so close to having these buggerws gon....I have started adding 1 teaspoon of cedarwood oil and 10 drops of lavender oil to take out all the floaters (the ones that have six legs).
Then I can wash on warm instead of hot.

I let the clothes soak a big ol 30 min.

Fabric softener in rinse.

Leaves no smell.

Great thread!
Patty
MikDee

Milford, PA

#3 Feb 16, 2010
I still wash, & dry in hot, but been using double Bounce dryer sheets forever, each time, & my storage tubs with moth balls for clean laundry (plastic bags for used clothes). Moth balls in the closets as well.
Pokadot Patty

United States

#4 Feb 16, 2010
MikDee wrote:
I still wash, & dry in hot, but been using double Bounce dryer sheets forever, each time, & my storage tubs with moth balls for clean laundry (plastic bags for used clothes). Moth balls in the closets as well.
If it works for you .....keep doin it !!

I live in thw woods and have a well for water and an airobic septic system.

So I pay for the electricity to pump the water, thw electricity to heat the water, the electricity to wash ans dry, and the electricity to pump the waste water through the arobic septic system. At least this way I can save a little on the electric bill by using warm and cold settings.

My washer are dryer 1 year old and energy savers (look for the star...my foot). I have to turn off all cold water to the washer to get my 130 degree water even on the hot wash cycle and my dryer
does not get as hot as my last (25 yr old) electric dryer.

I want to err to the side of caution...that's why I use the cedarwood and lavender oils.

I have sprayed all of the inside and outsides of my dresser and chest with the cedarwood and lavender...mixed in alcohol.
I only put clothes that have been washed with tthe oils added in them.

This is working too.
buggie

Rio Rancho, NM

#5 Feb 17, 2010
Pokadot Patty wrote:
<quoted text>
...My washer are dryer 1 year old and energy savers (look for the star...my foot). I have to turn off all cold water to the washer to get my 130 degree water even on the hot wash cycle and my dryer
does not get as hot as my last (25 yr old) electric dryer...
This energy saving and going green are great for the bugs, and bad for humans. I worked in a posh ($200 to $450 a night) hotel that "went green." All that means is they use cold or warm water to wash the laundry, and they don't change the sheets or towels of guests until the THIRD day. The owners were doing it to save money.

Even to kill dustmites, wash water needs to be 160 degrees.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scabies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Take it to the next level: Albendazole and Praz... (Jul '13) 12 hr Jeff 53
Input on symptoms and intended treatment plan 21 hr Itchy in Canada 5
Bird Mites (Jul '07) Fri 777dsutter 94
5% Perm / Eprinex Iver Pour On / 1% Iver Oral /... Fri Aas 2
Can scabies stay designated to just one area of... Fri Aas 2
bleach bath recommended by dermatologist (Aug '07) Fri Djz 658
how do i get rid of scabies once and for all? i... (Feb '07) Fri eldnorthwest 4,812
More from around the web