Is there a relationship between RA an...

Is there a relationship between RA and colitis?

Susan

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#1 Nov 14, 2007
I thought I read somewhere that some people with colitis and other intestinal issues have a predisposition to RA...Is this true?
Jennifer

Edmonton, Canada

#2 Jan 17, 2008
I would like to know this too. I was just diagonsed RA+ and have no family history of RA - but lots of chrones and colitis in my family. Does anyone know?
Ellen

AOL

#3 Feb 1, 2008
Jennifer wrote:
I would like to know this too. I was just diagonsed RA+ and have no family history of RA - but lots of chrones and colitis in my family. Does anyone know?
I have RA and also IBS.Almost every one in my family have some kind of colon problem.
dr fungus know

Canberra, Australia

#4 Aug 26, 2011
yes all diseases except chemicals and radiation have single cause called candida or yeast infection stress does not cause any disease but you are stresed when you get it it whole world is candidaly infected without even knowing it including your doctor non candidal diet is for life as you cant cure or operate wrong diet point is do you ferment or digest when one ferments it produces ethanol and rot and that rot feeds your body cells in return whole body gets inflamed cancer should be renamed to human mushrooms and truffles as it is fungal product forget about trillion or more fancy diagnostic names it is just one name candida
Wolf52

Kidlington, UK

#5 Jul 6, 2012
I have RA was diagnosed three years ago, now got bad colon problem. Have history of IBS but the alverine is not helping this. Am pretty certain it is colitis as large steroid dose is calming the it down. Seeing GP next week for referral to colorectal person.

Since: Jan 13

Miami, FL

#6 Mar 16, 2013
Yes, there is a relation between RA and colitis. Colitis is a type of inflammatory disease (IBD). The people has colitis may have arthritis.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rheumatoid Arthritis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I have humira Sep 2 Teezme2 1
News Foods could make arthritis worse (Sep '06) Aug 28 Gina 33
Question about anti ccp test results (Feb '10) Aug '17 wvpain78 123
RA and progesterone? (Oct '07) Aug '17 Gina 42
MRSA and Rheumtoid Arthritis (Apr '08) Aug '17 debbie1950 18
RA factor test results (Dec '06) Jul '17 David 191
Humira Jul '17 Kool cat 2
More from around the web