Psoriatic arthritis screening tools.

Psoriatic arthritis screening tools.

There are 6 comments on the CiteULike story from Nov 27, 2010, titled Psoriatic arthritis screening tools.. In it, CiteULike reports that:

The Journal of rheumatology , Vol. 35, No. 7. , pp. 1423-1425. Posts Export Citation Likes Abstract Psoriatic arthritis is an inflammatory arthritis associated with psoriasis, with an indolent and progressive course.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CiteULike.

Jed

Fredericton, Canada

#1 Nov 28, 2010
I noted a new screening tool for psoriatic arthritis as an apps for the IPAD available free in the Apple Istore. It is named the PASQ ( psoriatic arthritis screening questionnaire)

Since: Dec 10

Chicago, IL

#2 Dec 30, 2010
i am not sure if this is an arthritis but i am always experiencing sore and joint pains that is something like inflamed and the only reason i can think of is my constant sitting due to my job but i am afraid this may lead to arthritis and so i am taking up MX High Potency Joint Aid so i could prevent any complications.

maxalife.com
Jed

Fredericton, Canada

#3 Dec 30, 2010
I think it is worthwhile having this checked by your doctor to be on the safe side
Sharon

Selby, UK

#4 Jan 21, 2011
I am 41 years old.
After 2 years of suffering with sore feet, and told it was bilateral metatarsalgia, I was finally diagnosed with chronic psoriatic arthritis,...but only when I woke up one day last october and could not move. My right hand, right knee, both feet, all swollen and sore. Got the sausage toe, and my right thumb also swollen. I do not have, and never had have psoriasis. Any idea when the meds will start working? Any idea when I will get psoriasis?
Jed

Bonavista, Canada

#5 Mar 1, 2011
It depends on the medications you are taking.Some of them ( anti-inflammatories) can work fast to improve pain and stiffness but do not stop the disease. The drugs that halt the disease such as methotrexate or biologics may take weeks or even months to work.

Since: Jan 13

Miami, FL

#6 Mar 14, 2013
Yes, anti-inflammatory medicines are fast but the same time brings so many side effects. This screening device may work without side effects.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Psoriatic Arthritis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Arthritis Foods to Avoid (Sep '10) Oct '13 Miya Allen 7
News Many Psoriasis Patients Are Undertreated, Study... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Alfie 2
News Secrets To Mortgage Free Life (Aug '08) Mar '13 Mike caprio 41
News Leflunomide considered safe, effective for psor... (Jan '13) Mar '13 Roxy 3
News Apremilast ESTEEM Program Meets Primary and Maj... (Jan '13) Jan '13 kmc2749 2
News Oral Apremilast Achieves Statistical Significan... (Dec '12) Dec '12 dailyrx 1
News TSA Blog: Log Complaints To Transportation Secu... (Sep '08) Nov '10 La Chica 2
More from around the web