help

Plainfield, NJ

#598 Mar 1, 2012
I am only 34 and diagnosed with a very enlarged prostate. Flomax had way too many side effects and I was taken off it and considering the green light laser treatment. Has anyone a doctor recommendation in the San Francisco area who has done this procedure
5331abc

Knoxville, TN

#599 Mar 5, 2012
I am considering Green Light Laser PVP and really have no choice, I cant pee and useing a cather. Reading all the posts but nobody has recommended a speclized DR that just does the Green Light - Would any please recommend thier experience with thier DR. Thanks really need some guidence I'm scared at this point.
5331abc

Knoxville, TN

#600 Mar 5, 2012
Your experience sounds excellent - Is there any way you could give recommendations? This would be very helpful as a starting point.

Many Thanks
5331abc

Knoxville, TN

#601 Mar 5, 2012
rockman wrote:
Google PVP Laser. The Company site has a list of all approved Docs. Qualification. is 10 but a place to start. Over 80 grain prostate 200 min try a Doc. Te in the City. NY Presbyterian. He is one of the most experienced it the country
I have looked up the Dr that you had posted and I wanted to confirm that his location in NY is East 68th street. Please confirm if you will, also how is everthing going with your experence.

Many Thanks
5331abc

Knoxville, TN

#602 Mar 5, 2012
John Long Island wrote:
I had green light back in 2009 Thank god had no problems but now my psa was 7 so doctor wants me to have a prostate biopsy jan 16th did anyone have this done I here that some said not fun others said if they novocane it is not too bad. THere are many good doctors on long Island. I will keep you posted.
John Long Island
Rocky Point, NY

Did you have your PVP done in NY if so could you give me a little input as to where and Dr that done it.

Many Thanks
Dwight

Melbourne, Australia

#603 Mar 6, 2012
112 days, Week 17, and no issues. As I have noted in great detail on this blog, PVP and prostate biopsy before the PVP, were a breeze.

There was very little bleeding on the day, immediately after PVP. Bleeding stopped the next morning. There was slight bleeding in the first 30 days post PVP, immediately after my running. But from day 31, all such running triggered bleeding, stopped COMPLETELY!

Laser surgery enables super fast recovery from the "trauma" of surgery.
john

Mamaroneck, NY

#604 Mar 6, 2012
many good doctors on long island ,dr mills in port jefferson long inland and many good ones in stony brook hospital . Good luck.
Gerry Allen

Reno, NV

#605 Mar 11, 2012
Can anyone recommend a doctor on the west coast that does the Green Light
Laser?
bill

United States

#606 Mar 15, 2012
Bob wrote:
I'm going in for this surgery on April 17th. It seems most people have good luck with it. It is certainly worth a try for me. I go every half hour every day. I am only 48. I'll be back to let you know how it went.
I to am 48 I had the laser green surgery about 8months ago had to have it again 6months later do to a bad reaction to the burning of the laser I would go with the other method no laser I am a rare case I was told but after 8 months and still trying to recover sucks
Dave fort worth

Lewisville, TX

#607 Mar 20, 2012
How long does the burning last after voiding? I don't burn during stream but have fairly intense burning when my sphincter muscle contracts. I tried pyridium with some improvent but still burn a lot
Dwight

Melbourne, Australia

#608 Mar 24, 2012
Dave fort worth wrote:
How long does the burning last after voiding? I don't burn during stream but have fairly intense burning when my sphincter muscle contracts. I tried pyridium with some improvent but still burn a lot
My PVP was on Nov 15, 2011. The burning sensation while voiding lasted only on the day of PVP. It was gone by the next morning when I woke up.
Dwight

Melbourne, Australia

#609 Mar 24, 2012
bill wrote:
<quoted text> I to am 48 I had the laser green surgery about 8months ago had to have it again 6months later do to a bad reaction to the burning of the laser I would go with the other method no laser I am a rare case I was told but after 8 months and still trying to recover sucks
Bill, as a younger person, your recovery will be extra speedy. Some have BPH earlier than expected. You are one of those. It is better to take action such as PVP, before you encounter total "blockage" and have to rush to emergency to be catheterize. That is when the urinary bladder totally collapses after prolonged strangulation by the enlarging prostate.
Dwight

Melbourne, Australia

#610 Mar 24, 2012
Doctors who are experienced in Greenlight PVP. in the U.S. There must be 100s of them as PVP originated, like most medical sciences, in the U.S. There are very few of these PVP surgeons in Australia. I found a great one, Dr. Charles Chabert
Dave fort worth

Lewisville, TX

#611 Mar 25, 2012
Dwight wrote:
<quoted text>
My PVP was on Nov 15, 2011. The burning sensation while voiding lasted only on the day of PVP. It was gone by the next morning when I woke up.
Dwight
My burning occurs after voiding and is fairly intense. Just wondered if anyone. experienced this and how long it lasts
Thanks
Dave
Dwight

Melbourne, Australia

#612 Mar 28, 2012
Dave fort worth wrote:
<quoted text>
Dwight
My burning occurs after voiding and is fairly intense. Just wondered if anyone. experienced this and how long it lasts
Thanks
Dave
COuld be urinary tract infection. See a doc ASAP. Also start taking Cranberry capsules, and drink cranberry juice. It was a prescription I followed dilligently for a month post PVP as recommended by my surgeon. Cranberry prevents urinary tract infection.
Dwight

Melbourne, Australia

#613 Mar 28, 2012
Dave, when did you have PVP? Are you refering to burning or prostate spasm immediately post uirination? I still have a little spasm of the prostate after urination. IOt takes a while for it to disappear as PVP has removed (hence has traumatised) a large part of the interior of the prostate.
Danny

Aurora, CO

#614 Jun 6, 2012
Considering the procedure in Denver with Kaiser. Can anyone recommend the most skilled experienced uro in the system? Thanks
Steve

Sacramento, CA

#615 Jun 22, 2012
Had the green light PVP last Monday around noon. Home by 3, wore the catheter until Wednesday morning. Was blood in the urine for the first 24 hours, burning sensation at the start of urination on Wednesday, but it only lasted a day. Flow is slightly better than pre-surgery, with decreasing nighttime frequency. Looking forward to the bladder making its control adjustments, which I understand may take 6 months. The only negative effect so far is that I have to stay off my bike. Hope the doctor (also a cyclist) will give me a green light (pun not intended) on that when I see him late next week.
Henry

Clearwater, FL

#616 Jun 23, 2012
Had Greenlight PVP 3 plus years ago and retaining 250cc urine in bladder after urination.Urine retention should be less than 50cc.Only gettng up once at night and not experiencing any bladder infections.
Perhaps scar tissue develops over time with this procedure.Cousin had classical TURP 20 years ago and he has no problem with emptying.One nurse recently told me there is a move back to TURP away from Greenlight by some urologists because prostate restriction scaring does return over time with Greenlight PVP. Anyone out there experiencing a repeat surgery or a significant urine retention problem after this surgery?
Hope you will blog.
Neale

Lochgelly, UK

#617 Jul 15, 2012
Before deciding on a treatment also consider the UroLift procedure and embolisation of the prostatic artery .

Both can be done under local anaesthetic . These treatments are very new but seem very promising .

Looking further ahead there will be injectable therapies . Botox , NX 1207 and PRX 302 .

I'm biding my time with Flomax until the above treatments are bedded down .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Prostate Cancer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prostate cancer surgery is leading to issues of... Sep 27 one who knows 2
GreenLight Laser Surgery Complications (May '07) Sep 23 Phantom 1,351
Plasma button surgery for BPH (Dec '11) Sep 16 Captain92 181
Zimbabwe: Mugabe 'No Longer Fit to Govern' Sep 10 martin kandole 25
Health and wellness events starting Sept. 2: Su... Sep 1 Steve 1
Robotic Prostate Surgery May Be Risky (Oct '09) Aug 31 derekblaken 17
An unequal burden: prostate cancer in black men... Aug '14 Rock 3

Prostate Cancer People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE