Pregnant Women-Cancer On The Rise

Pregnant Women-Cancer On The Rise

Posted in the Pregnancy Forum

Bullard, TX

#1 Oct 23, 2012
The number of pregnant women diagnosed with cancer has increased over the past couple of decades, a new study from Australia suggests.

In 2007, the most recent year studied, researchers found 192 out of every 100,000 pregnant and postpartum women received a cancer diagnosis - up from 112 per 100,000 women in 1994.

Researchers couldn't determine what was behind that increase in risk, but said it could be due in part to the
older average age of expectant moms combined with better cancer detection.

More On This News:

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#2 Nov 8, 2012
thanks for your helpful advice

Perth Amboy, NJ

#3 Mar 17, 2013
This is really surprising to know that cancer among pregnant women is rising. However it dose seem concerning that it has been increasing for the past years. It may seem like birth control methods among other things may also have a part in the rise of cancer among pregnant women. Though I'm not particulalry sure if the NuvaRing Lawsuit Information Center has all the information on this, I think I have read there that some women who have used vaginal rings have also experienced the same problem.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pregnancy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Early Pregnancy Symptom - How To Detect Pregnan... (Jun '07) 26 min bahyi 350
News Pregnancy Symptoms - 12 Very Early Symptoms of ... (Jun '07) 8 hr Samantha p 6,603
Smoking "Pot" While Pregnant? (Nov '09) Nov 13 A man 19
menopur for sale (Mar '13) Nov 5 jdn1725 12
how to get pregnant very quicky Oct '15 Sandy6111 1
Avoiding herbs when pregnant? Sep '15 preggers 1
Support and advice Aug '15 Cmacy1492 1
More from around the web