Click on an option to vote

No

Yes

“Lets get drunk and then screw”

Since: Jul 07

Fort Liquordale

#63 Mar 24, 2008
Barbara wrote:
Good for you and dogs will do it anywhere too. And I don't care what you think either. I am expressing my opinion as to how I feel. It doesn't matter to me what you feel. People will continue to be rude to other people that is the way of you young people today.
Funny, I only found 1 out 5 sentences in your post that wasn't rude.

<standoffish>
Good for you and dogs will do it anywhere too.
<rude & contradicting>
And I don't care what you think either.
<ah, some civility>
I am expressing my opinion as to how I feel.
<again rude & contradicting>
It doesn't matter to me what you feel.
<rude with a dash of ageism thrown in, nice>
People will continue to be rude to other people that is the way of you young people today.
Proud Mom of 5

Bringhurst, IN

#64 Mar 25, 2008
oskyfan wrote:
<quoted text>
No!! But I know from experience that these things can be avoided. I did it my car a few times. Or you can use a breast pump. If it really could not be avoided, I just stayed home. That's the price I pay for having kids.
I have to say that I find it really SAD that your said :"That's the price I pay for having kids." Like it's a bad thing. Breast feeding should not limit you to your house or the car, it's a very natural thing and such a beautiful bond.
Proud Mom of 5

Bringhurst, IN

#65 Mar 25, 2008
Breast feeding should not limit you to your house or the car, it's a very natural thing and such a beautiful bond. When your child is hungry you should not make him wait in the off chance you feel like you would offend someone..if they can't deal they can leave. I think that most Mothers who do not nurse in public or do not agree with it are so uncomfortable because of how society had looked down on it so many years ago, and that is what they still belive. Thats sad!!! Thank goodness we have come along way. I also feel that while nursing in public is totally acceptable there are also tasteful & distasteful ways of going about it =)
alape052105

Bolivar, OH

#66 Mar 25, 2008
Spunkalunk I like you! Hilarious! I read this months ago and just decided to look at it again and was so happy that there are still some willing to fight for what they believe in. Vettegirl and Barbara are nut jobs, and that is just my opinion. "I am expressing my opinion as to how I feel."

“Smile, it makes people wonder.”

Since: Mar 08

New Orleans, La.

#67 Mar 26, 2008
As long as the breast isn't openly exposed, I don't see what the big deal is. Any woman who is horrified by it must not be comfortable with nature and their own sexuality. It's life. God did not tell us to be sure to hide when we feed our children. If my child is hungry while in public, I will pull out my "breast cover" and feed my child.

“PC Mom of 1 + 1 on the way!”

Since: Aug 07

Connecticut...

#68 Mar 29, 2008
DebraJMSmith wrote:
There are other things that are natural too, that we do not do in public.
Debra...
Since when is eating a crime?
The same people who will complain about a breast feeding baby are the same who will complain about a screaming child who is hungry.
alape052105

Bolivar, OH

#69 Mar 29, 2008
OK today I was at a mall and in the restroom was a seperate nursing room. It was set up with two nice padded rocking chairs. A changing table that laid down in so that the child couldnt roll out, a sink to wash your hands. It was amazing. If every place offered something like that I wouldnt have a problem nursing it. Maybe more places should think about things like that.
tinier t1

Bryan, OH

#70 Mar 29, 2008
long as you are discreet about it,cover up,should go into a private area,ignorant people might get the wrong idea, good luck

Since: Oct 07

Oskaloosa, Iowa

#71 Apr 11, 2008
As a mother I agree, women use it as a public display. I would NEVER do that in public. There was never any reason for it. You can ALWAYS find an out of the way location to sit where people would not notice what you are doing. For the first few weeks I stayed home mostly so I wouldn't be put in that situation. Your life changes when you have a baby, you have to make sacrifices. If I have to stay home more often to attend to my child's needs then that is what I will do.
julie

Bourne, UK

#72 Apr 15, 2008
There are ways of doing it so people dont ogle at you.I dont think you have to do it walking around the shops but you can just pop a shawl around you.Please join 2008 you lot.
mommyof3

El Paso, TX

#73 Apr 15, 2008
I just have to say that it is absolutely ridiculous that people have a problem with mothers breastfeeding in public! I breastfeed my daughter where ever I am. And why should I have to go out of my way to find a place to feed my child? In my opinon, the peolpe that actually have a problem seeing a woman breastfeeding must be insecure about their own bodies.

Oskaloosa, Iowa

#74 Apr 22, 2008
mommyof3 wrote:
I just have to say that it is absolutely ridiculous that people have a problem with mothers breastfeeding in public! I breastfeed my daughter where ever I am. And why should I have to go out of my way to find a place to feed my child? In my opinon, the peolpe that actually have a problem seeing a woman breastfeeding must be insecure about their own bodies.
Why should the rest of the public be exposed to your bad manners just because you have a child?? Does that give you the right to disrespect others?? I don't think so. I am a mother, and I can tell you I am NOT insecure about my body. I just have common decency.

New Orleans, La.

#75 Apr 24, 2008
oskyfan wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should the rest of the public be exposed to your bad manners just because you have a child?? Does that give you the right to disrespect others?? I don't think so. I am a mother, and I can tell you I am NOT insecure about my body. I just have common decency.
Why is it bad manners? As long as the breast is not openly exposed there should not be a problem. There is a BIG difference between indecent exposure and a breastfeeding mother. So don't throw in common decency on it. It all comes down to opinions, and guess what?.... EVERYBODY HAS ONE!

Oskaloosa, Iowa

#76 Apr 25, 2008
Kris205 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is it bad manners? As long as the breast is not openly exposed there should not be a problem. There is a BIG difference between indecent exposure and a breastfeeding mother. So don't throw in common decency on it. It all comes down to opinions, and guess what?.... EVERYBODY HAS ONE!
Well since everybody has an opinion, and clearly in some peoples opinion breast feeding in public is wrong, don't you think it shows poor judgement and disrespect to others opinions to continue to do it anyway?? Some people do not want to see these things, especially in restuarants. It should be a private moment anyway. There is no reason you couldn't find somewhere at least somewhat private unless you are trying to attract attention to yourself.
Barbara

Philadelphia, PA

#77 Apr 28, 2008
Let me clear a few things up. First, I think if you want to breast feed, great, I think that you should care enough about other people that you respect the differences whether you think it is ok or not. That is all we ask, we don't want to see your boobs and don't care to have our children see it either.This is a touchy subject with many opinions, but I would think, since it is such a personal thing between mother and child you would want to do it somewhere that you could relax and take care of your baby, not on public display.
Barbara

Philadelphia, PA

#78 Apr 28, 2008
Spunkalunk, Don't like it huh? I think the caption under your photo says it all.

New Orleans, La.

#79 May 2, 2008
oskyfan wrote:
<quoted text>
Well since everybody has an opinion, and clearly in some peoples opinion breast feeding in public is wrong, don't you think it shows poor judgement and disrespect to others opinions to continue to do it anyway?? Some people do not want to see these things, especially in restuarants. It should be a private moment anyway. There is no reason you couldn't find somewhere at least somewhat private unless you are trying to attract attention to yourself.
Like I said "as long as the breast is not exposed" ...did you get that part? And of course I would find a spot that is not out in the open..that is common courtesy. But I was arguing the point that some of these "opinions" state that breastfeeding in public should not be done at all.

Fort Liquordale

#80 May 4, 2008
oskyfan wrote:
<quoted text>
Replace the term "breast" with a number of debatable actions opinionated people feel should be kept out of view...

*PDA
*Inter-racial couples
*A woman's face/legs (uber-conservative Muslims)
*feminist inclined women
*insert race

hmmm

Fort Liquordale

#81 May 4, 2008
Barbara wrote:
Spunkalunk, Don't like it huh? I think the caption under your photo says it all.
That I have a sense of humor, which you're lacking?

My sentiments exactly.
Jenny

South Yarra, Australia

#82 Nov 28, 2012
Boobies are just like arms and legs there our body. I look forward to breastfeeding and bonding with my baby when I get home from work. When I'm out in public I don't bother using a blanket I just let my boob be seen. Boobs are the best part of my my body I think there great for bonding with my kids and my gorgeous husband. Some times after work my 7 year old rubs my tits if feels like heaven. I'm proud. Of my boobs and arnt afraid to show them

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pregnancy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Early Pregnancy Symptom - How To Detect Pregnan... (Jun '07) Aug 28 Tonia 366
News Pregnancy Symptoms - 12 Very Early Symptoms of ... (Jun '07) Aug 27 unon 6,910
If anyone can help me please do ! (Feb '16) Aug 23 Elise Gingerich 2
Real help, tried and tested abortion, abortion ... Aug 15 Allaine 3
News The Abortion Medication Misoprostol: Under The ... (Jun '07) Jul '16 helper_ni_Miss_Shine 12
period late Jun '16 sonia 1
Provestra Review: Improving Sexual Health to Ge... (Nov '12) Jun '16 provestra pills 4
More from around the web