No

Yes

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Since: Oct 07

Oskaloosa, Iowa

#1 Nov 5, 2007
I recently went out to eat at a local resturant and had to sit next to a breastfeeding woman. I was horrified. I NEVER did that with my kids. It just seems like a very disrespectful thing to do. What does everyone else think??

“Lets get drunk and then screw”

Since: Jul 07

Fort Liquordale

#2 Nov 5, 2007
Umm, are we still frightened by what is normally the first source of nutrients for most mammals (aka the boob)?

As a woman who has no desire to have children (ever), I still can't believe we haven't gotten over the (irrational IMO) prudence towards an infant being fed in public.

Oskyfan, are you saying that you truly feel the child should go hungry or have their meal in a public restroom simply to appease you while you enjoy your meal (enjoying the company of those you came with)? Does that seem fair?

Oskaloosa, Iowa

#3 Nov 5, 2007
Spunkalunk wrote:
Umm, are we still frightened by what is normally the first source of nutrients for most mammals (aka the boob)?
As a woman who has no desire to have children (ever), I still can't believe we haven't gotten over the (irrational IMO) prudence towards an infant being fed in public.
Oskyfan, are you saying that you truly feel the child should go hungry or have their meal in a public restroom simply to appease you while you enjoy your meal (enjoying the company of those you came with)? Does that seem fair?
No!! But I know from experience that these things can be avoided. I did it my car a few times. Or you can use a breast pump. If it really could not be avoided, I just stayed home. That's the price I pay for having kids.

Fort Liquordale

#4 Nov 5, 2007
oskyfan wrote:
<quoted text>
No!! But I know from experience that these things can be avoided. I did it my car a few times. Or you can use a breast pump. If it really could not be avoided, I just stayed home. That's the price I pay for having kids.
Well sorry you went through all of that to avoid offending others. I don't understand the distaste attached to it, most are breastfed. I suppose it's simply at how one looks at it. Either the focus is placed on a tit being (barely) viewable, or on the fact that its a normal part of life. Maybe it's a N.American hang-up Europeans aren't in the least bit concerned.

My personal reaction to the act is equivalent to watching any other person eat/snack. Nothing more, nothing less.
alape052105

Cleveland, OH

#5 Nov 5, 2007
I nursed my daughter in public all the time. If she was hungry she ate. I wasnt going to deprive my child because of small minded people like you oskyfan. How disgusting for you to ask me to nurse my child in my car or even suggest that I stay home just so you dont have to see the most natural relationship between mother and child. I didnt go around wiping my breast out for all to see. I was always covered. I did it tastefully, and for you to be offended by it is terrible.

Fort Liquordale

#7 Nov 5, 2007
usa wrote:
free boobie shot
LOL, see a silver-lining!
Breast is best

Milledgeville, GA

#8 Nov 5, 2007
I don't believe in double standards. A breastfed baby has just as much right as a bottle fed baby! And that right is to be fed on demand, anywhere.
A nipple is a nipple, real or not. Get over it.
Concerning pumps, a truly successful relationship requires nothing more than woman and child.

Since: Aug 07

North Carolina

#9 Nov 5, 2007
Spunkalunk wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, see a silver-lining!
Breastfedding a child is a natural and good thing, especially for the child. How one does it and where is what I believe most people "get offended" by. I have seen many women breastfeed in public and it was done very tastefully with the breast covered. However I have seen a breast "whipped out" and the child sucking away with the mother oblivious(or respectful) to those around her. I have been in a doctor's office with other men, women and children and seen a woman whip out her breast and began to breastfeed her child with no cover. Some men groped at the breast, while my 7 year old looked and asked "Why is that woman showing her privates?"

We are a hypocritical nation. I don't mind mothers breastfeeding their children, just have respect for those around you and cover up!

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#10 Nov 5, 2007
There are other things that are natural too, that we do not do in public.

Debra...
Breast is best

Milledgeville, GA

#11 Nov 5, 2007
Do you really want to compare nourishing a child to excreting bodily wastes? I hope not.

Hmm...what other "natural" things are there that compare? Enlighten us Debra.

Fort Liquordale

#12 Nov 5, 2007
DebraJMSmith wrote:
There are other things that are natural too, that we do not do in public.
Debra...
sigh, there are laws prohibiting the acts you're referring to.

“Just me”

Joliet, IL

#13 Nov 5, 2007
I ahve 7 seven children al of whom I breastfed
When they were hungry they were fed .
That is what god gave me breast for and I do usually try to keep a blanket on us simply because I hate for some fool to be staring
If someone is nursing & you don't want to see it then don't look

Burnaby, Canada

#14 Nov 5, 2007
People that are offended by breastfeeding,were probably breast fed, when they were babies.Mothers that breast feed in a tasteful manner in public,should be left alone to do what's natural.
Joyce

United States

#15 Nov 5, 2007
My children ate on a 4 hour schedule. What happened to it?
And I find it disgusting to see a woman walking around Walmart tit feeding a baby.
Either feed it before or after you go some place.

Fort Liquordale

#16 Nov 5, 2007
Joyce wrote:
And I find it disgusting to see a woman walking around Walmart tit feeding a baby.
"tit feeding"

I guess as I stated earlier one's opinion on the matter is probably dependent on what they're focusing on.
Joyce

United States

#17 Nov 5, 2007
Bottle?
Spoon?
Whatever
alape052105

Cleveland, OH

#18 Nov 6, 2007
First of all my child is not an it! Second of all just becuase a child is on a schedule does not mean that they will not stray from it. Deal with the fact that woman breastfeed. If you dont like it dont look. I agree with those that say they dont want to see a woman completely exposed, but 95% of the time woman cover themselves. If a little bit of breast is seen it is normally less than what you see when a woman wears a low cut shirt or a bikini. In America we are a sexualized nation, you people just want to make everything about sex and its not!
Old Man Charlie

Vernon Hills, IL

#19 Nov 6, 2007
oskyfan wrote:
I recently went out to eat at a local resturant and had to sit next to a breastfeeding woman. I was horrified. I NEVER did that with my kids. It just seems like a very disrespectful thing to do. What does everyone else think??
What's a matter? You feed YOUR face. The kid is feeding HIS face. You ALL be eating.(maybe the kid was horrified to see you STABBING YOUR FOOD)
Ooops

Vernon Hills, IL

#20 Nov 6, 2007
oskyfan wrote:
Imagine how HORRIFIED the child was to see YOU STAB YOUR food with a knife!!!

“Just me”

Joliet, IL

#21 Nov 6, 2007
Joyce wrote:
Shop online and you will have nothing to offended by

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pregnancy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pregnancy Symptoms - 12 Very Early Symptoms of ... (Jun '07) Wed Trayzaf 7,264
I want to become a surrogate mother (Jan '14) Aug '17 Virginia 7
News How Early Can You Get Pregnancy Symptom: Listen... (Apr '07) Aug '17 Jaf 1,252
menopur for sale (Mar '13) Jul '17 NYCivf 12
Pregnant meow meows in business class and offic... Jul '17 Thank God For Life 1
News Early Pregnancy Symptom - How To Detect Pregnan... (Jun '07) Jun '17 Nancy 389
News Free Online Pregnancy Test - Are The Test Resul... (Sep '07) Jun '17 Shqaueaillapowell 152
More from around the web