Allergies may be rooted in Christmas ...

Allergies may be rooted in Christmas trees

There are 9 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Dec 6, 2007, titled Allergies may be rooted in Christmas trees. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

What's green and festive and makes you sneeze? It might be your Christmas tree. Allergists have long suspected that live Christmas trees are the culprits behind some folks' runny, itchy noses during the ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

The Kidd1130

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#1 Dec 6, 2007
hi
mema

AOL

#2 Dec 6, 2007
That happened 43 yrs ago when my son was little, our dr. at the time suggested that it was the tree, &&&&&& && she was right. One time he was visiting a friend at xmas time & the mother had sprayed xmas tree scent in the house, he also had a reaction to that. So I know that it is true.
antonio

Boca Raton, FL

#3 Dec 6, 2007
why does this happen?
Justin

West Palm Beach, FL

#5 Dec 8, 2007
A live Christmas tree gave me the worst sinus infection in my life. I missed a whole week from work. I don't ever want to see another one in my home.
Justin

West Palm Beach, FL

#6 Dec 8, 2007
antonio wrote:
why does this happen?
It is the penetrating stinging smell of the tree. It will make you sneeze.
Ira

West Palm Beach, FL

#7 Dec 8, 2007
antonio wrote:
why does this happen?
It is because the strong smell of the Christman tree is an irritant.
New England Cheatriots

Miami, FL

#8 Dec 9, 2007
Just another trick by the secular humanists in their ongoing war on Christmas.
DRS

United States

#9 Dec 9, 2007
WHAT ? NOT PASSIVE SMOKE ? WOW

“MANGLER”

Since: Dec 06

Atlanta, GA / Seattle, WA

#10 Dec 9, 2007
Hello
The Kidd1130 wrote:
hi

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pollen Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Dry, windy weather agitates allergy symptoms in... (Mar '09) Aug '14 Dennis 5
News Sick, ill, cold, flu, allergies, blowing nose (Apr '13) Apr '13 Anonymous 1
News Allergies Are Seasonal, and Now is the Season i... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Jill 3
News Which cities are the worst for people with alle... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Anonymous 1
News Sneezy does it for hayfever sufferers (Jun '09) Dec '11 spartak 2
News Combating hayfever (May '11) Dec '11 spartak 2
News hayfever strap (Oct '11) Dec '11 spartak 4
More from around the web