poison ivy
Roxy

Saint Catharines, Canada

#1 Jul 19, 2011
Hi Everyone

I came in contact with either poison ivy or a poison sumac tree and the rash is now all over my face.I started predisone this morning and thought I would eb on my way to recovery but I just noticed I have a red patch on my butt and a few small ones on my stomach and legs... Also I keep getting little itches that feel like pin pricks all over my body and was wondering if it's the posion ivy starting on other parts of my body.It's absolutley making me crazy because even taking benadryl doesn't stop the itch for more than a few hrs. I'm washing the rash with soap and using cold water and putting alcohol on it then I apply anitbiotic ointment...How long does it take for the predisone to work,I'm taking 50mg once a day for five days. Is this sufficent and is there anything else I should or could be doing?

Any feed back would be appreciated

Thanks

“HERE, YA JUST MIGHT NEED THIS”

Since: Feb 09

CONROE, TX

#2 Jul 27, 2011
Roxy wrote:
Hi Everyone
I came in contact with either poison ivy or a poison sumac tree and the rash is now all over my face.I started predisone this morning and thought I would eb on my way to recovery but I just noticed I have a red patch on my butt and a few small ones on my stomach and legs... Also I keep getting little itches that feel like pin pricks all over my body and was wondering if it's the posion ivy starting on other parts of my body.It's absolutley making me crazy because even taking benadryl doesn't stop the itch for more than a few hrs. I'm washing the rash with soap and using cold water and putting alcohol on it then I apply anitbiotic ointment...How long does it take for the predisone to work,I'm taking 50mg once a day for five days. Is this sufficent and is there anything else I should or could be doing?
Any feed back would be appreciated
Thanks
Fels-Naptha. It's found in the laundry detergent isle. It looks like a large bar of soap and is used for laundry stains. My husband thought I was crazy but stopped laughing when the rash quit itching almost immediately and the rash was gone within a week. Just wet the bar and rub it where the rash is. Be careful around your eyes or you'll be having bigger problems to worry about. Our son is highly allergic to poison ivy, oak, sumac ect.. and we tried everything on him, even prescription medication and the Fels-Naptha for $1.20 worked faster and better than it did.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Poison Ivy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Everything about poison ivy Apr '16 Steve Ash 1
Identifying Poison Ivy (Apr '14) Apr '14 Brian 1
systemic poison ivy (Nov '13) Nov '13 linda 1
removing poison ivy from furniture (Oct '13) Oct '13 Billie 1
Soothing the itching and burning :) (Sep '13) Sep '13 Anonymous 1
News Medications available to treat, prevent poison ivy (Jan '09) Sep '13 jgstraeter 6
Natural solution to poison ivy (Jun '11) Jun '13 itchy girl 6
More from around the web