Doctors often prescribe methadone

Feb 19, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: HeraldTribune.com

This is in response to the guest column Wednesday by pharmacist Dan Gregory, titled "Needless overdoses and deaths won't stop without intervention." I take exception to all of Gregory's derogatory comments ... via HeraldTribune.com

Comments
81 - 100 of 224 Comments Last updated Dec 15, 2013

“HELPING PREVENT DIVERSION”

Since: Jun 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2009

Oops....sry about the double post...its' been a while...lol

Hello to all my friends' who are still out there!!!! I will try to play some catch up...lol It helps' to read before posting...lol

PF/Jena

“James”

Since: Mar 09

omaha,ne

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2009

Brian wrote:
I sell methodone to anyone who wants it,yeah I am a Junkie!!
Yeah you sure are,you pos,this guy's name really is Sam,and he is always looking to buy,maybe he will od,if he doesn't stop soon.Idiot pos/ troll maximus.

“James”

omaha,ne

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2009

Brian wrote:
<quoted text>my name is sam this week?lol
..Yeah,it is Sam,or porter whatever you call yourself,I call you Queenie! I am still waiting for your address,idiot..

“James”

omaha,ne

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2009

Dude,you can't scare an ex army ranger,waiting for that address,did you get your hole taken care of while you were in,bet you did.HA-HA

“James”

omaha,ne

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2009

Brian,I am done fighting with you,I have better things I need to do,I wish you peace man,and I hope you will also join in on helping others.Peace James..

“James”

omaha,ne

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2009

Brian wrote:
<quoted text>army ranger!!lol
,,Got the papers to prove it,what's your address,I will send you a copy..Peace Man
Untouchable

Phoenixville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2009

Martin wrote:
Thomas, I have a doctor that prescribes methadone. He gives me 180 tabs a month. I take 60 mg of metahdone a day.
Email me martinguzmaniii@yahoo.com
hey have any of u guys ever heard of anyone getting methadone prescribed to them in Pa cuz i have been trying to find a doctor who could help me out and I ended up finding one but i cant ever get in touched with him because he isnt excepting any new patients and he will only prescribe 50mgs a day which is fine with me ijust really need help and i have tried every option. If anybody has suggestion ill take it thanks im near valley forge pa thanks
iknwurpain

Gainesville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2009

anyone from ga
Untouchable

Phoenixville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2009

Judged:

haha you all crack me up man less talk more actions. Now a days people run their mouth man and, my philosophy is dont run your mouth if u cant back it up
ONE
Jimmy B

Hackettstown, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2009

Judged:

I need the name of a Doc in the Phiadelphia or surrounding area that prescribes Methadone for PAIN OR MMT from his/her office
Dangerous 1

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2009

Judged:

Untouchable wrote:
haha you all crack me up man less talk more actions. Now a days people run their mouth man and, my philosophy is dont run your mouth if u cant back it up
ONE
No..Problem There..Where do we meet?? D1
Restless Legs- Methadone

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2010

Judged:

I have taken 5 mg of methdone a day for 14 years for restless legs syndrome...2.5 mg in the a.m. and 2.5 at nite. I have moved to Austin and cannot find a Dr to prescribe this for me....really, 5mgs a day??? How much of an issue can that be? Same dose, never varied for 14 years. I am an athletic professional, not an abuse risk. Can anyone offer an intelligent Dr in the Austin Area that can understand that low dose Methadone is the best RLS treatment without side effects of the other meds and interfering with the rest of your life according to the journals.
Rodney nolungs4me

Federal Way, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2010

Judged:

I am Rod, I have been on the methadone clinic since Mar 16 1999 and at first it really was a hastle . I then started giving clean U/A's and was granted take home doses.First was 1 time take home, then it was 2time take homes,Now I only come to the clinic on wednesday and get 6 carries. But now,I have severe emphysema and getting in even that one time so very hard to do. I am hoping to find a doctor to prescribe me the methadone and I would or could get enough methadone to last me throughout the month. Anyone out there know any doctors in Puyallup Wa.?
Thanks a bunch,
Rodney
Thomas wrote:
Yes, I have a problem with that as well. I live in Houston TX. I have chronic pain, and have two plates in my head, and my right eye socket is constructed of titanium mesh. The problem lies because I have head pain, and I have always been a migraine sufferer, and was prescribed MS Contin for pain. I was prescribed 2 X 100mg MS Contins a day. Shockingly enough after years of use NOT abuse I became physically addicted. I wanted to take care of the addiction because I don't like anything to dictate my life, but myself. I have now been taking Suboxone for over a year now, and have been in constant pain, and have been plagued with crippling migraines.
So, now I no longer take MS Contin, but I'm back at square one in just as much pain as ever. I have come to find out that Suboxone actually is known to trigger migraines in people who are prone to them. Also while I'm on Suboxone no other pain reliever will work including IB Proffen etc.
I would like to be on Methadone, but the only way I can seem to find to get it is through a Methadone Clinic. Are there Doctors that can prescribe Methadone other than SKID ROW STYLE CLINICS? I would love to have a Doctor that can take care of my issues on a 1 to 1 bases, and take advantage of the expensive insurance I have!
Thanks,
Thomas
honestly

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2010

Judged:

I am a recovering cocaine addict/alcoholic. I also have a pinched nerve and severe sciatic pain. I found a new Dr. in the town that I've just moved to and threw everything out on the table about my past. Needless to say, this wonderful dr. has given me hydrocodone, then found out I have Hep C, so I was given oxycontin because of the tylenol content in the other meds. I asked the dr. to pull me off the oxycontin because I could feel myself getting addicted to it. I brought up the issue of Methadone, and my dr agreed to try it. She also admitted that I would be a bit of a guinea pig because she's not that familiar with it. We've helped each other, I've never failed a drug screen and at my current dose of 60mg a day, I'm pain free and have a life. That's just my advice, be honest. Tom Petty said it.....Even the Losers get lucky sometimes.
sean

Hutchinson, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2010

Judged:

any one know of any in wichita ks or surrounding area ,no clinics ,,a waste of my time and money and everythng else methdone clinics are ridiculous ive been on it b4 at the clinic and its to much when u dont or cant work due to pain i wanna use it to ween off suboxone sux trust me im on it now its horrible bad headaches dizziness confusion and flat wallet syndrome 500 bux a month id rather buy ocs on the street at least id feel a buzz!supoxone does help withdraws but gives you alot of other things that are just as painful.its also hard to breathe sleep constipation and its long term use has not been studied not worth it at all and if i did want it i couldnt have it unless i had 130 bux every week anyway ive been on it 2 weeks and dont have money to get the nasty stuff anyway 180 methadone ten mgs are 17 bux at walmart and it doesnt make me sick,,but anyway if anyone knows of methadone prescribing drs in wichita ks or surrounding area please please let me know my email is rednaxelaks@yahoo or respond here ,thank u much!!
sean

Hutchinson, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2010

sorry my typing sux i didnt add that im looking for any doctor in wichita ks or around there that could help out with prescribing methadone
mick

Chalmette, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2010

Judged:

people die everyday from over indulging be it a narcotic pill or a greasy hamburger the point being moderation or take as prescribed.
reese

Vidalia, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2010

Judged:

i live in ga anybody know a doc. who will give methadone out
Angela 67

Albany, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2010

Judged:

Pain Free is a Fake wrote:
Aw lookey here, Pain Free is attempting to be intelligent with a passionate twist. You aren't fooling anyone honey, your transparency is disgusting.
I AGREE PAIN FREE IS FAKE BUT YOU DONT HAVE TO BE ON METHADONE OR SUB......
11 1/2 YEARS HERION, 1 1/2 YEARS BETWEEN METADONE AND SUB.
32 DAYS IN AND I KNOW YOU CAN DO THIS WITHOUT SEALING YOUR SOUL TO THE DEVIL....35 PERCENT MAKE IT TO TOTALY NO DRUGS.. THATS MY GOAL
i HAVE SET THE PAIN AND INSANITY AWAY,
fINALLY HAPPY, Anegela
xyz

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2010

Judged:

All of you wanting methadone. I know of a podiatrist who will prescribe methadone.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pain Discussions

Search the Pain Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Doctor's license suspended amid prescription dr... 5 hr know from experience 207
No, JAMA does not now recommend chiropractic ca... Jul 20 Chiropractor from Chicago 4
Problem with Pain Management doctor (Jul '07) Jul 19 Alyssa 371
Herpes Virus During the No Outbreak Period, Tre... Jul 16 Michelle 1
Steroid Shots May Not Help Back Pain Jul 15 Dr Basim Elhabashy 3
Oral Herpes (HSV-1) and Genital Herpes (HSV-2):... Jul 3 datestd 2
Doc Talk with the Bakers Debuting July 5th on C... Jul 1 Chiropractor from Chicago 11
•••
•••