Since: Jun 08

Trevose, PA

#1 Nov 10, 2009
Has anyone here had or considered gastric bypass? There is a Bariatric Clinic near me and I work with 2 people who have successfully had the surgery. One guy lost 300lbs and has kept it off 7 years. They do it laproscopically now and I am thinking that at 48, this may be the best thing to help with my health etc...

Anyone????
Lap Band

Leipsic, OH

#2 Aug 29, 2010
Patrick L wrote:
Has anyone here had or considered gastric bypass? There is a Bariatric Clinic near me and I work with 2 people who have successfully had the surgery. One guy lost 300lbs and has kept it off 7 years. They do it laproscopically now and I am thinking that at 48, this may be the best thing to help with my health etc...
Anyone????
Patrick, I'm going to a doctor this week to discuss the lap band surgery. I've don't some research online & have gone to a seminar in person & online about the different surgeries offered. The patient is in the hospital for 5-6 hours then goes home. It's well worth looking into.

Since: Jun 08

Trevose, PA

#5 May 8, 2011
It's been a while since I've been on Topix, I DID have gastric bypass. I am down from my heaviest of 368 to 180, that's 188 lbs and over half my body weight.

Diverticulitis is a pressure/over eating disease too. It looks like ALL my health problems came from over eating.

Since: May 13

Montréal, Canada

#6 Jun 20, 2013
Patrick L wrote:
Anyone????
Hi Patrick, people loses weight through this process but the risk is very high. And after surgery also you will not be able to move around confidently like now. So chose freedom or limitation.
Ppm1168

Jackson, TN

#7 Jun 22, 2013
My wife is Scheduled to have surgery July 8. She is on a diet before her surgery. Has been on it since Monday. She can have one small meal
And protein shakes. She is miserable with it right now. She has tried everything else to loose weight.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#8 Jun 24, 2013
Gastric Bypass surgery scares me. I had a friend suddenly pass away several years ago that had the surgery several years before. She and I were close for a few years after her surgery and saw the long term effects that it had on her body afterwards. After she passed away in her earl thirties leaving 2 young children, I began looking at different weight loss products that could have helped people in her situation. I do not believe in quick fixes or that there is any one product that works for every body. I did find ViSalus, which has worked for me and my husband. I had those last 10 pounds that are always the hardest to loose. My husband started in December and lost 40 pounds. Both of may parents have lost wight, my Mom, 20 pounds and was borderline diabetic, which now she has normal blood sugars, My Dad has lost 10 pounds and has never felt better. Check out this website and contact me for more info. http://sharons1026.myvi.net/

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Overweight Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
why arn't their vacations just for fat people May 12 jim 1
Why I hate Being FAT? Apr 30 FatJohn 2
Obesity Solutions Apr '15 Jason 10
I think im fat (Nov '06) Apr '15 kat 783
Start of losing weight Apr '15 kat 3
how do i lose muscle on my legs? (Apr '07) Mar '15 smashhits 391
For the fat people out here MAKE A CHANGE GODDA... Mar '15 reality 3
More from around the web