damon braces versus traditional

Posted in the Orthodontics Forum

melmarie71

Saint Louis, MO

#1 Jun 1, 2011
My daughter had early treatment when she was 8 and wore a few braces on her top teeth for nearly two years. Now she needs to have full braces back on. I asked the orthodontist the difference between Damon and traditional, and he said the Damon only shorten treatment by about a month and are no more comfortable. Any experience with this? Seems to contradict what I have read other places, but possibly there wouldn't be a difference due to the lengthy early treatment she had?
Bill

United States

#2 Jun 1, 2011
Which ever braces she gets you should try ComfortBrace Dental Brace Protective Strips for pain relief. Works way better than wax!You can find them online.
dwood

Chesapeake, VA

#3 Jul 9, 2011
and whats the price difference? if damon costs 100$ more and you have the money and make good money n dont want anything id say get em

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orthodontics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Teeth Closed On an Angle After Expander Fri Mema 1
Didnt wear my retainer ... what now? (Mar '08) Dec 23 amanda 499
Filling the Need: Orthodontist one of few who a... (Sep '06) Dec 19 feeling lost in t... 331
How does bite plate work??? (Jan '08) Dec 18 Brandy 162
Becoming a Dentist (Jan '13) Dec 17 maryjaneprincton 41
Levittown Orthodontist Secures Patent for Devic... Dec 16 Gerald Vonberger 1
So.... Mouth Breathing Screwed Me? Dec 16 mouthbreathingscr... 3
More from around the web