damon braces versus traditional

damon braces versus traditional

Posted in the Orthodontics Forum

melmarie71

Saint Louis, MO

#1 Jun 1, 2011
My daughter had early treatment when she was 8 and wore a few braces on her top teeth for nearly two years. Now she needs to have full braces back on. I asked the orthodontist the difference between Damon and traditional, and he said the Damon only shorten treatment by about a month and are no more comfortable. Any experience with this? Seems to contradict what I have read other places, but possibly there wouldn't be a difference due to the lengthy early treatment she had?
Bill

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#2 Jun 1, 2011
Which ever braces she gets you should try ComfortBrace Dental Brace Protective Strips for pain relief. Works way better than wax!You can find them online.
dwood

Chesapeake, VA

#3 Jul 9, 2011
and whats the price difference? if damon costs 100$ more and you have the money and make good money n dont want anything id say get em

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orthodontics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Didnt wear my retainer ... what now? (Mar '08) Nov 19 Syd 617
Impacted canine and 4 baby teeth left in 14 yr ... Nov 15 Momof1 1
How does bite plate work??? (Jan '08) Nov 15 Was good 184
Teeth growing in roof of mouth (Nov '11) Nov 1 Tina 39
Will braces correct my posture even though I am... Oct 28 bracesgirl16 1
Gap between my front teeth after glue taken off... Oct '17 bellabella 1
What are the ways to get an impacted canine too... (Jun '13) Oct '17 toothlessperson 47
More from around the web