Chicken substitute targeted in lawsuit

Chicken substitute targeted in lawsuit

There are 15 comments on the Stamford Advocate story from Sep 18, 2009, titled Chicken substitute targeted in lawsuit. In it, Stamford Advocate reports that:

Chicken, fake and real, looks to be a target of several consumer and nutrition groups.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Stamford Advocate.

BOHICA

East Hampton, CT

#1 Sep 20, 2009
As discusting as Quorn sounds aside, one has to ask why do we need to make fake chicken? Probably one of the cheapest meats there is.
Stosh From Stratford

Saint Paul, MN

#2 Sep 20, 2009
I like how the lady at the chicken three times and became "violently ill" on all occassions....I get the first time.....maybe lets try it again....but the third is classic.

Morons....SUE SUE SUE SUE...Thats what we do....I have been injured by this chicken I ate.
Chris in Bpt

Glen Cove, NY

#3 Sep 20, 2009
Yum.. fungus tenders, fungus cutlets, herb fungus, fungus nuggets...
Chris in Bpt

Glen Cove, NY

#4 Sep 20, 2009
I told you so-

"Earlier this year, the group sued hot dog makers, claiming that their products increase cancer risk and should carry a warning label similar to what comes on tobacco products."
Chris in Bpt

Glen Cove, NY

#5 Sep 20, 2009
eeew, better stick with the fried-

"The anti-meat advocacy group said that it commissioned independent laboratory tests that show that KFC's grilled chicken contains PhIP, a chemical that it said can increase a person's risk of developing cancer even if consumed in small amounts."
AmazingGrace

Greenwich, CT

#6 Sep 20, 2009
Fake chicken? What's next? Of all things, why fake chicken, its cheap enough.
AVA

Spartanburg, SC

#7 Sep 20, 2009
EWWWWW Why would you even buy it in the first place?
Batwoman

Casa Grande, AZ

#8 Sep 20, 2009
Soylent green is chickens!
Laura

Pittsburgh, PA

#9 Sep 21, 2009
This issue may have gone unaddressed if not for this woman speaking up. It's not always easy to pinpoint throughout the course of a day or several days what it was that you ate that caused you to be ill. It's a shame that it took 3 ingestions to determine this product was the cause. Any product that is being sold as a "healthy alternative" on our trusted grocery shelves but causes food poisoning,(unrelated to an allergy or sensitivity)- simply because of it's content being harmful to HUMANS - should be removed immediately and the manufacturers held accountable. I applaud the bravery of this woman to come forward and stand up for the masses of people who choose to "not get involved" because it's easier. Given that this lawsuit is not seeking monetary reward, this selfless act can only be attributed to protecting future consumers from suffering as she did. One small step in holding our food suppliers accountable for manufacturing products that when consumed DO NOT cause violent illness - what a concept .
Rob

Manasquan, NJ

#10 Sep 21, 2009
Laura wrote:
This issue may have gone unaddressed if not for this woman speaking up. It's not always easy to pinpoint throughout the course of a day or several days what it was that you ate that caused you to be ill. It's a shame that it took 3 ingestions to determine this product was the cause. Any product that is being sold as a "healthy alternative" on our trusted grocery shelves but causes food poisoning,(unrelated to an allergy or sensitivity)- simply because of it's content being harmful to HUMANS - should be removed immediately and the manufacturers held accountable. I applaud the bravery of this woman to come forward and stand up for the masses of people who choose to "not get involved" because it's easier. Given that this lawsuit is not seeking monetary reward, this selfless act can only be attributed to protecting future consumers from suffering as she did. One small step in holding our food suppliers accountable for manufacturing products that when consumed DO NOT cause violent illness - what a concept .
Idiots what else does this group want to attack? Hey how about how sex is bad for your health, especially if you are having it with someone else's spouse and they find out.

“Registered & Dangerous”

Since: Jan 09

Milford, CT

#11 Sep 21, 2009
One more whining liberal plucking the "it's unhealthy" violin and trying to restrict what we as citizens do and I am going to SNAP.

I'm going to go eat a hot dog and big mac with diet coke followed by a cigarette ... gotta calm down.
Young Fart

United States

#12 Sep 21, 2009
AVA wrote:
EWWWWW Why would you even buy it in the first place?
Because they are as stupid as you, who live in South Carolina.
AmazingGrace

Greenwich, CT

#13 Sep 21, 2009
YESSS wrote:
One more whining liberal plucking the "it's unhealthy" violin and trying to restrict what we as citizens do and I am going to SNAP.
I'm going to go eat a hot dog and big mac with diet coke followed by a cigarette ... gotta calm down.
You should add rum to the diet coke! Make it a well-balanced meal - enjoy!
MyOhMy

Palatine, IL

#14 Sep 21, 2009
Once would of been enough for me. I'd never heard of Quorn before reading this article. This reminds me of Latex litigation. I do see Latex-Free and Non-Latex warning labels on rubber products, like gloves, for example-- if Quorn was a known 'toxin' causing allergic reactions/death and so forth, it should be pulled from food or, at minimum, consumers should be warned.

“Registered & Dangerous”

Since: Jan 09

Milford, CT

#15 Sep 22, 2009
AmazingGrace wrote:
<quoted text>
You should add rum to the diet coke! Make it a well-balanced meal - enjoy!
Tehe, I don't drink anymore, or else I would.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Norwalk Virus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why norovirus is such a menace (Feb '14) Jul '15 tensing zionism 47
News Norovirus outbreak at Tansley Woods LTC, retire... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Karen Lorenzo 2
News U.S. hit by new stomach bug spreading around globe (Jan '13) Jan '13 Anonymous 1
News Residents quarantined with norovirus (Jan '13) Jan '13 J Mueller 1
nora virus possible help; (Mar '10) Dec '12 andrew j langham 3
News West Nile Virus Found In Norwalk Mosquitoes (Aug '12) Aug '12 andrew j langham 1
News Norovirus likely culprit in illness among Cuba ... (Jan '12) Jan '12 pict 1
More from around the web