Andrew Wakefield sues BMJ for claimin...

Andrew Wakefield sues BMJ for claiming MMR study was fraudulent

There are 23 comments on the Guardian Unlimited story from Jan 5, 2012, titled Andrew Wakefield sues BMJ for claiming MMR study was fraudulent. In it, Guardian Unlimited reports that:

In 2010 the GMC found Andrew Wakefield guilty of serious professional misconduct over charges relating to his research.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Guardian Unlimited.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Dec 11

havelock, nc

#32 Jan 8, 2012
jones6 wrote:
<quoted text>So how would the vaccine affect the brain if no genetic mutation were to occur?
I believe that the antivax people who think this way believe that heavy metals present in vaccines cause brain damage.. Nothing genetic, just actual damage to your brain. Things like mercury can cause brain damage, so this would be a valid argument IF vaccines contained enough to be toxic.. Of course, try don't, so it's just more crazy talk. our body handles very tiny amounts of the stuff just fine. Seafood has mercury in it. Did you get any brain damage last time you ate seafood? I didn't.

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#33 Jan 8, 2012
And if it were true, then getting the actual mumps would have the same affect, since the Urabe virus is a strain of mumps. The only difference is the actual contracyed virus is full force. A vaccine has a weakened amount.

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#40 Jan 10, 2012
Nothing but anti vaxxer Noise.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mumps Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 3 Adverse Reactions Vaccine Critics Commonly Cite 18 hr Friend 2
News 6 Scientific Arguments Against Vaccines' Links ... Sat arcanaknight 16
News Who Is Dr. Andrew Wakefield? And Why Is He Cons... Jun 21 friend 17
News Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) Jun 5 justme 9,613
News A list of potential adverse reactions to the MM... Jun 4 MMR MAIMS KILLS 2
News Myth Busted: Autism Is Not Caused By MMR Vaccine May '15 friend 68
News Dr. Andrew Wakefield reveals shocking news abou... May '15 NEVER THE SAME 17
More from around the web