Lessons from an online debate about measles-mumps-rubella (MMR) immunization.

Dec 1, 2011 Full story: CiteULike 30

OBJECTIVE: To provide strategies for immunization advocates on how best to participate in online discussion forums about immunization.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Raymond

LÚvis, Canada

#2 Dec 2, 2011
The most current study points to regressive autism, Brain enlargement, starting not at birth but only at 4-6 moths age.

Guess what occurs at the same age: DTaP vaccination. The same vaccines that kids get again at 18-24 months. What a coincidence!!!

What a coincidence that all parents report regressive autism at the ssame age group.

For sure vaccines main culprit. Just admit it and lets turn the page over and go study vaccine again.

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#3 Dec 2, 2011
The DTaP is given at 2, 4, 6 months and then between ages 15 and 18 months. Not 18-24 months. What a coincidence, you don't even know the schedule.
It's unknown whether the brain overgrowth seen in young children with autism coincides with or precedes the onset of symptoms; findings suggest that the brain overgrowth is occurring prior to age 2, and perhaps prior to age 1; and the mechanism for the folding of the brain is genetic in origin, resulting from an increase in the proliferation of neurons. What a coincidence, you didn't know the current research on that, either.

That's what we call mis-info

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#5 Dec 3, 2011
Although I wasn't commenting to you, Winnipeg, I certainly have made comments about all of those things. But those things have nothing at all to do with the incorrect vaccine schedule mentioned by Raymond, or the study he talked about, either.

The fact is, when facts are presented to you, you run away in denial and side track the issues with attacks on others. Exactly what anti vaxxers and wakefield do when they have nothing to back up their fear factor claims.
A W was right

Winnipeg, Canada

#6 Dec 3, 2011
friend wrote:
Although I wasn't commenting to you, Winnipeg, I certainly have made comments about all of those things. But those things have nothing at all to do with the incorrect vaccine schedule mentioned by Raymond, or the study he talked about, either.
The fact is, when facts are presented to you, you run away in denial and side track the issues with attacks on others. Exactly what anti vaxxers and wakefield do when they have nothing to back up their fear factor claims.
Yeah right. more nonsense.

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#7 Dec 4, 2011
The fact is, when facts are presented to you, you run away in denial and side track the issues with attacks on others. Thanks for demonstrating that yet again.

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#9 Dec 4, 2011
Sorry, it's all based on what you, Winnipeg Canada writes.
Thanks for demonstrating that yet again.
Raymond

LÚvis, Canada

#10 Dec 4, 2011
friend wrote:
The DTaP is given at 2, 4, 6 months and then between ages 15 and 18 months. Not 18-24 months. What a coincidence, you don't even know the schedule.
It's unknown whether the brain overgrowth seen in young children with autism coincides with or precedes the onset of symptoms; findings suggest that the brain overgrowth is occurring prior to age 2, and perhaps prior to age 1; and the mechanism for the folding of the brain is genetic in origin, resulting from an increase in the proliferation of neurons. What a coincidence, you didn't know the current research on that, either.
That's what we call mis-info
WOW!!! 5 vaccines shots DTaP for a new born before age of 2.

Which parents want to impose these toxins into their little undevelopped immune system.

Talk about vaccine=Autism

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#11 Dec 4, 2011
What a coincidence you cant count, can you? Or is it that fear factor you anti vaxxers continue to spread by adding more than there actually is?
Talk about pertussis and the babies who died all before they had all their vaccines to build immunity all because others exposed their germs of pertussis to them.
So is the latest fear factor the DTaP now causes autism?
Raymond

LÚvis, Canada

#12 Dec 4, 2011
Talk about all the kids that regressed into world of autism after vaccination with DTaP.

Funny how you spreading fear to get people to vaccinate. When it come to their side-effects one of them mainly autism, a long life devastating disease is never divulged but swept under the carpet.

Keep blogging...you dont convince no one.

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#13 Dec 4, 2011
I'm not trying to get people to vaccinate at all, just telling the facts which you had incorrect and continued to be incorrect. Making correct facts does not at all mean I am getting people to vaccinate.

You're also inccorect again, this isn't blogging, it's a forum.

And besides that, you're off topic as always. It's about the MMR discussions in forums, not the DTaP.

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#15 Dec 4, 2011
There's some anti vaxxer spam fear factor links

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#17 Dec 4, 2011
More conspiracy. Does that just come easy for you, or do you really have to work at it?

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#19 Dec 4, 2011
Great demonstration of research! Look at the conspiracy spreader go! I wonder how much he get's paid for it?

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#21 Dec 4, 2011
Didn't read the article again, did you? No matter, you get paid per post, right? Another cha ching for you.

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#23 Dec 5, 2011
It's all adding up for you, isn't it?
A W was right

Winnipeg, Canada

#24 Dec 5, 2011
friend wrote:
It's all adding up for you, isn't it?
Translation: DUH!

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#25 Dec 5, 2011
You have a lot of duh moments, don't you?
What a shame.
A W was right

Winnipeg, Canada

#26 Dec 5, 2011
friend wrote:
You have a lot of duh moments, don't you?
What a shame.
Its the 2nd time this week you have mistaken me for you. The DUH factor is your claim to fame.

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#27 Dec 5, 2011
You're the one saying it all the time, not me. It's not my fault you have dud moments so often.
VACCINES_AUTISM

Winnipeg, Canada

#28 Dec 5, 2011
friend wrote:
You're the one saying it all the time, not me. It's not my fault you have dud moments so often.
More dopey nonsense not much of a surprise considering the source.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mumps Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 3 hr lulu 9,593
You can't get autism from a measles vaccine, sa... 19 hr BAD DOCTORS 1
Autism Fear Not the Only Reason Kids Aren't Vac... 19 hr BAD DOCTORS 1
More 20 hr BAD DOCTORS 1
A bottle containing a measles vaccine. 20 hr BAD DOCTORS 1
Jenny McCarthy: anti-vaxxer, public menace Jan 27 Friend 2
Measles outbreak casts spotlight on anti-vaccin... Jan 27 VACCINE ROULETTE 5
More from around the web