Parent of Autistic Child in Wakefield...

Parent of Autistic Child in Wakefield Study Says Key Journalist Got Facts Wrong

There are 34 comments on the Sys-Con Media story from Nov 3, 2011, titled Parent of Autistic Child in Wakefield Study Says Key Journalist Got Facts Wrong. In it, Sys-Con Media reports that:

FALLS CHURCH, Va., Nov. 3, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- When reporter Dan Olmsted met with the father of an autistic boy whose medical history is central to a British Medical Journal article refuting the vaccine/autism link, Olmsted never expected to be shown a letter written by the boy's father that would reveal the facts of the BMJ article to be ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sys-Con Media.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
FBOMBER

Canada

#21 Nov 6, 2011
Joe Buttinski wrote:
Keep up your awkward tirades, F Bomb, you are digging yourself a bigger and bigger hole in the credibility department.
Joe Buttugly. Where ya been? Wander away from the retirement home again?
Joe Buttinski

Baldwin, NY

#22 Nov 6, 2011
It seems like Friend has more sensibility and knowledge than all the other commenters put together. F Bomb, of course, is the loser at the bottom of the totem pole. He poisons these threads with his vitriolic rhetoric.

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#23 Nov 6, 2011
Joe Buttinski wrote:
Keep up your awkward tirades, F Bomb, you are digging yourself a bigger and bigger hole in the credibility department.
You're correct. Parents are intelligent people. They wont and don't listen to name-calling and childish behavior of adults. Look at the behavior of the anti vaxxer compared to a doctor. Just who would you listen to??
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#24 Nov 6, 2011
And amidst the debate over Dr Wakefield the science is lost.

The question was never about vaccination per se. Dr Wakefield didn't suggest anyone not be vaccinated. The suggestion is that MMR could be instrumental in causing autism in some cases. Why not give the vaccinations seperately? That would seem to be safer advice than the MMR.

Dr Wakefield may be discredited and possibly for good reasons, but one must consider that confidence in the GMC of Gt Britain is not universally high either.
FBOMBER

Canada

#25 Nov 6, 2011
EdSed wrote:
And amidst the debate over Dr Wakefield the science is lost.
The question was never about vaccination per se. Dr Wakefield didn't suggest anyone not be vaccinated. The suggestion is that MMR could be instrumental in causing autism in some cases. Why not give the vaccinations seperately? That would seem to be safer advice than the MMR.
Dr Wakefield may be discredited and possibly for good reasons, but one must consider that confidence in the GMC of Gt Britain is not universally high either.
Righ F'n On. In your face friend of Pharma and Joe Buttugly.

Location hidden

#26 Nov 6, 2011
But studies have shown jabbing separately made no difference, let alone the MMR itself showed not to contribute to autism rates. The funny thing about the suggestion of separating the MMR into single jabs, it was more expensive so one has to wonder just who Wakefield was in cohoots with? It was all about profit.
Regardless of the GMC popularity, one bad doctor out of the midst of that country didn't hurt the medical establishment a bit. And Wakefield cant practice in the country he now resides, either.
FBOMBER

Canada

#27 Nov 6, 2011
Joe Buttinski wrote:
It seems like Friend has more sensibility and knowledge than all the other commenters put together. F Bomb, of course, is the loser at the bottom of the totem pole. He poisons these threads with his vitriolic rhetoric.
Poor Joe Buttugly, doesn't know squat, and thinks friend is the messiah..hilarious.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#28 Nov 6, 2011
friend wrote:
But studies have shown jabbing separately made no difference, let alone the MMR itself showed not to contribute to autism rates..
The studies showed to your satisfaction. Not mine.
friend wrote:
The funny thing about the suggestion of separating the MMR into single jabs, it was more expensive so one has to wonder just who Wakefield was in cohoots with? It was all about profit..
But that is another opinion. Why can't people pay the difference between the cost of MMR and the three seperate injections?
friend wrote:
Regardless of the GMC popularity, one bad doctor out of the midst of that country didn't hurt the medical establishment a bit. And Wakefield cant practice in the country he now resides, either.
I thought Dr Wakefield has been discredited? Why is he still relevant?

Incidentally, I read somewhere that the results of his tiny study were reproduced ethically and independently. Sorry I haven't the link now.(And thank you for your patient replies!:-)

Location hidden

#29 Nov 6, 2011
That's the beauty of studies, some like them, some don't. Either is fine.

People probably could easily pay the difference, however the point was the comparison to the ever horrible money hungry Pharma. Wakefield was and is right up there.

Why is Wakefield still relevant? Ask Ginger Taylor for starters, and Age of Autism's Olmsted. He's only relevant to anti vaxxers. To everyone else, Wakefield is a washed up unemployed no one.

I've seen those studies, I think there was 4 or 5 of them. One was even smaller than the 12 of Wakefield's study, and a few of direct medical relationships to Wakefield. The studies might had showed to your satisfaction. Not mine.
FBOMBER

Canada

#30 Nov 6, 2011
Joe Buttinski wrote:
Thanks that means a lot coming from someone with far less credibility than me. Makes it a compliment Buttugly.
FBOMBER

Canada

#31 Nov 6, 2011
friend wrote:
That's the beauty of studies, some like them, some don't. Either is fine.
People probably could easily pay the difference, however the point was the comparison to the ever horrible money hungry Pharma. Wakefield was and is right up there.
Why is Wakefield still relevant? Ask Ginger Taylor for starters, and Age of Autism's Olmsted. He's only relevant to anti vaxxers. To everyone else, Wakefield is a washed up unemployed no one.
I've seen those studies, I think there was 4 or 5 of them. One was even smaller than the 12 of Wakefield's study, and a few of direct medical relationships to Wakefield. The studies might had showed to your satisfaction. Not mine.
O yeah we believe you and you nonsense post..

Location hidden

#32 Nov 6, 2011
I never asked anyone to believe me. It doesn't matter if anyone does or not. I'm not here to be the center of attention as Winnipeg is.
FBOMBER

Canada

#33 Nov 6, 2011
friend wrote:
But studies have shown jabbing separately made no difference, let alone the MMR itself showed not to contribute to autism rates. The funny thing about the suggestion of separating the MMR into single jabs, it was more expensive so one has to wonder just who Wakefield was in cohoots with? It was all about profit.
A load od crapola. That's Italian bee ess.
Whatshisname

Canada

#34 Dec 6, 2011
EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>
The studies showed to your satisfaction. Not mine.
<quoted text>
But that is another opinion. Why can't people pay the difference between the cost of MMR and the three seperate injections?
<quoted text>I thought Dr Wakefield has been discredited? Why is he still relevant?
Incidentally, I read somewhere that the results of his tiny study were reproduced ethically and independently. Sorry I haven't the link now.(And thank you for your patient replies!:-)
Its too bad we don't have more sensible types like you on here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mumps Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News An outbreak of mumps? Blame the anti-vaxxers Jan 17 friend 13
News Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due t... Jan 17 LIFELONG IMMUNITY 1
News How Mumps And Measles Will Put Texas At Center ... Jan 4 Pharma Pays 1
News Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) Jan 3 fo realz 9,755
News Vaccination Rates For School Children Remains H... Dec 24 Trash Media 1
News Meeting with Trump emboldens anti-vaccine activ... Dec '16 friend 2
News Marion County investigates mumps outbreak Nov '16 VACCINES CAUSE AU... 1
More from around the web