Parents need more information about v...

Parents need more information about vaccine's side effects, study concludes

There are 11 comments on the Canada.com story from Dec 12, 2011, titled Parents need more information about vaccine's side effects, study concludes. In it, Canada.com reports that:

More Ontario children who get vaccinated for measles, mumps and rubella are showing up in hospital emergency rooms, not because they suffer from severe reactions, but because the vaccine's rare side effects are not properly explained to parents, a new study suggests.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Canada.com.

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#1 Dec 12, 2011
A rash and fever are a side effect, but as the article states, few even experience that. All it takes is an search of the Mayo to learn about common vaccine side effects. It could save that ER cost. If parents get alarmed at that side effect, imagine if their child actually contracted the full virus.

Location hidden

#3 Dec 13, 2011
Bottom line is, nothing but a common side effect happened to them. No autism. No long term disability. Russian roulette is yet another scare tactic from an anti vaxxer.

Location hidden

#6 Dec 13, 2011
Off topic yet again.

Location hidden

#8 Dec 13, 2011
1) I'm an American
2) I like Americans
3) The Stanley cup belongs in the states
4) American beer rules dude
5) Free Trade has been god for Canucks
6) We love our vaccine comp court and Winnipeg cant get at it
Friend

LÚvis, Canada

#9 Dec 13, 2011
friend wrote:
A rash and fever are a side effect, but as the article states, few even experience that. All it takes is an search of the Mayo to learn about common vaccine side effects. It could save that ER cost. If parents get alarmed at that side effect, imagine if their child actually contracted the full virus.
What about all those parents who report kids losing eye contacts, speech after vaccination getting diagnosed with autism. You seem to have a blind eye when it comes to vaccine side-effects. Expect nthing more thata vaccine pusher just like the pharma industry. Better diagnosis my azz.

Location hidden

#11 Dec 13, 2011
Of course, that is off topic to the article. There is a great article about those AMERICAN autism rates.
Deb

Hyrum, UT

#14 Dec 28, 2011
Vaccines do NOT cause autism! Over 20 long term studies using thousands and thousands of children show that Vaccinated children have the same rate of autism as Unvaccinated children. Every study showed the same rates of autism for both groups. As vaccination rates in children have begun to decline because of parents fears, the rate of autism in Unvaccinated children has not had a corresponding drop. Instead the number of autistic children has risen. Why? Because the newest research suggests autism is genetic and because more children are diagnosed as autistic because of changes in the diagnostic criteria. That change is why autism is called a spectrum of disorders now. Don't even bother to look up Thimerosol and Mercury on the links. They make fraudulent claims. Thimerosol was taken out of all but one vaccine years ago, even though it has been proven safe. Did autism rates drop? No. Mercury occurs naturally in earth's environment. We ingest Mercury every day and don't know it. It doesn't build up in our bodies and make us sick. Our bodies eliminate it. The amount in vaccines is not harmful. How do I know? Because no pharmaceutical has ever been more tested, researched and studied than Vaccines. Can there be serious side effects for some? Of course. The most benign thing imaginable has the potential to kill someone somewhere because their body happens react badly to it. A certain common herb has the power to kill me if I ingest it by accident for a true example. Yet vaccines have done more to prevent death and disability (especially of children) then any other things I can think of except maybe clean water and antibiotics. Preventable disease used to kill many millions YEARLY around the world, including in the US. BTW, vaccines are expensive to make which is why so few companies do it now. There is no profit in them. The few companies in the U.S. that make vaccines give them to WHO and UNICEF to distribute to poor countries around the world at no to low cost. Making vaccines is not profitable. It's a tragedy that parents are putting their children at risk because of the lies spread about vaccines. Mark my words, a decade from now we will be seeing epidemics of preventable deadly, crippling disease in children who aren't vaccinated and it is starting already with these small epidemics in public schools. Good luck with that.
Sam

LÚvis, Canada

#16 Dec 28, 2011
The only thing parents have experienced was regressive autism after vaccines.

Location hidden

#17 Dec 28, 2011
Don't bother giving him a link, Deb. There's been plenty studies here alone from news feeds and all he'll do is call it garbage and then call you names. This is the same guy who keeps bringing up the Genome Project report LOL! You can tell he never read that, either.

Since: Dec 11

havelock, nc

#19 Dec 28, 2011
Try searching for information on the topic on google scholar(not regular google thats full of random crap) and you'll see the studies and the real science behind it.
Deb

Hyrum, UT

#21 Dec 28, 2011
Thanks for the heads up, friend. The Genome Project? Seriously? I think I will call it quits for the night as you are so right that Winnipeg and Sam are not interested in looking for any real facts. Just name calling. Thanks friend and cold blooded. Night.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mumps Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Guest Opinion: There's more to the 'Vaxxed' story 14 hr Cheddar Cheese 1
News Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 17 hr Wise ole owl 9,670
News Vaxxed , Opening at the Tivoli Today, Blames Va... May 21 friend 9
News Controversial documentary 'Vaxxed' screening Fr... May 2 CDC Rep 3
News ASU Autism Professor Promotes Anti-Vaccine Film... Apr 26 CDC Rep 1
News Controversial vaccination documentary 'Vaxxed' ... Apr '16 friend 8
News De Niro reverses decision, pulls anti-vaccinati... Apr '16 Sangelia 5
More from around the web