I Cured my MRSA CYST, please read thi...

I Cured my MRSA CYST, please read this very simple and cheap option

Posted in the MRSA Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
J Moore

Tampa, FL

#1 Jan 10, 2010
Hello all: I swore to myself if I ever found something that improved or ‘cured’ my on-going battle with the painful, recurrent cysts (presumed to be MRSA), I would spread the word. So I am. I should also start by explaining my particular problem. I developed a very painful cyst in the groin year almost two years ago (it is now Jan/ 10). I thought it was the basic ‘in-grown hair’ that would eventually work itself out. It didn’t. It only got worse, and spread to the point I had 2-3 open, oozing (sorry to be gross, but it is what it is), oozing blood and pus, and left a rather large ‘hole’ that never closed up. This open hole was about the size of a nickel. And I still had other tunnels if you will, that created other areas to open up. I was A MESS. I was on numerous antibiotics, orally and creams, almost 2 yrs. and never really got better. Every now and then most of the other ones would close up, but the large one wasn’t going anywhere. I of course went to numerous doctors, but I never got it tested (I was antibiotics so often, and once you start you cannot take a sample) but it was pretty much agreed that it was most likely MRSA (5 yr old son had a long bout with before). So, fast forward a very 2 yrs of embarrassing trips to doctors and pretty much resigned to the fact that I would always have this, and an intimate relationship would never happen again (I wouldn’t want to go near that either!). Anyway, in Oct of 09, I happen to be watching the NCG channel one night, and caught the end of a broadcast of how honey was being used (and had been used for CENTUREIES), to cure all sorts of aliments all over the world. I did some research and found that a specific honey, MANUKA Honey, was commonly used to treat a wide variety of things, including MRSA, and other infections of the skin. I could not find that honey right away, but I did go to the grocery store and got the purest honey I could find, one that had not been processed etc.. I used sterile gauze, usually about 2 in by 2in, and spread the honey on liberally, and placed it over the affected area. Now, it is important to note, and you will have to do your own research to understand exactly this works, but one of the things honey does is draw out, and/or dry up, in the process leaving all surround clothes damp, so I would recommend frequent changes of garments and the gauze. I used the grocery store honey (note: impressive results with just that honey) until I found Manuke honey at a local health food store. I researched the internet and there were plenty of places that sell this honey, and some have Medical grade of this honey, and they were all very expensive. I paid around $15 for a 10oz jar (I still have more than half left). Of note, I transferred about an ounce at a time into a CLEAN container, and used extra precautions each time I used the honey so as not to contaminate it with anything. I would wash thoroughly the little wooden spreader I used to spread it on the gauze each time. After about 6 weeks, I really began to notice the large hole closing up. Once it started to shrink, within about 2-4 more weeks it had closed completely!!! For the first time in almost 2 yrs! I continued to use the honey for a few more weeks, not as frequently, and usually only at night. I was amazed, it had apparently cleared up what many rounds of antibiotics could not. To this date, I still have not had any new, or open sores. I don’t know why more doctors don’t know about this…it should be worth at least a shot for people. There are many uses for this type of therapy, I believe they use it on certain eye disorders in India, and also use it for people with diabetic sores. SO, for 15$, I certainly think it is worth a try. GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!
Chris Patrick

United States

#2 Aug 31, 2010
Phisohex. I had the same type of infection you did, for 4 months. Then a doc turned me on to Phisohex, a chlorine scrub docs use. Cleared it all up. The idiot docs treat the inside (antibiotics), but not the skin where the bacteria live! Good luck.
Mark

Mukilteo, WA

#4 Aug 17, 2011
I also have been MRSA-free for over two years now, and both previous boils never cross-infected my family. Praise God, this doesn't have to be gloom and doom. Get close to God, and follow doctor's advice, and increase your hygiene (recommend Hibiclens for periodic preventive destruction of any possible remaining MRSA on the skin)
Eric

United States

#5 Aug 25, 2011
I have just returned from the hospital where they found a mrsa infected cyst on the bottom of my tailbone. For the last few days I've been trying to figure out where and when I injured my tailbone as I had no recolection of any such injury over the past week. While at work today the pain finally reached a point where it was impossible to sit, stand or walk (because of the location of the cyst). Coupled with the cyst I've been diagnosed with strep throat. So you can imagine the discomfort of needing to rest & alleviate my 102+ degree temp but not being able to sit or lay down without being in terrible pain. I'm telling ya, I've spent 6 yrs of my life playing rugby and had a lot of injuries. I've even had kidney stones & the drs then said there wasn't much that was more painful for a guy. This pain, because of the location of the cyst, is quite possibly the worst pain I've ever encountered. It's brought this grown man (with what I've always considered a high pain tolerance) to tears several times over the past 24 hours. Compared to the other testimonies I've read on here my cyst is different as we caught it prior to it actually opening to an open wound. The drs put me on 3 antibiotics hoping to take care of the cyst & the strep. They said it's possible that with the early discovery we might actually be able to cure with this antibiotic mixture. We'll see. I know that I wouldn't wish this pain on anyone! Hope everyone else is doing good. Thanks!
scott

Rushden, UK

#6 Sep 24, 2011
i have just got over this nasty virus after an op to remove a small cyst in my foot my wound was infected i was told the bug was in the bone and blood .skin was burning and peeling of it was scraped out and i was put on tigerplgin iv every 12 hours for a month the wound healed eventually but i have no feeling in parts of foot but i would wish this on anyone
scott

Rushden, UK

#7 Sep 24, 2011
i have just got over this nasty virus after an op to remove a small cyst in my foot my wound was infected i was told the bug was in the bone and blood .skin was burning and peeling of it was scraped out and i was put on tigerplgin iv every 12 hours for a month the wound healed eventually but i have no feeling in parts of foot but i would not wish this on anyone

Since: Sep 11

Salem, OR

#8 Sep 25, 2011
Hi Eric, what you say about kidney stones is absolutely true. It is very painful for a man. I used to get kidney stones on a regular basis. The last time the urologist had to go up and take it out as it was 'stuck'. Afterward I was referred to a registered dietitian. Come to find out the majority of Americans have a diet that creates a high amount of acid in ones blood. Having high acid in your blood leads to kidney stones, gout, rheumatoid arthritis, skin conditions, and bacterial infections which include MRSA. The dietitian suggested that I take the recommended adult dosage of OTC calcium with Vitamin D. Many Americans have a deficiency of Vitamin D, as well. The dietitian also recommended a more healthy diet of fruits and vegetables and fiber foods. The dietitian suggested that I cut out sugary drinks and desserts and drink more water or 100% fruit and vegetable juices (no high-fructose corn syrups). The dietitian also suggested to cut back on my intake of proteins (meats) because too much protein creates an acidic environment which bacteria thrive in. To make a long story short I have not had a kidney stone in almost 4 years now and this simple change in diet, including the vitamin and mineral supplements, has also helped to improve my quality of life in dealing with my other health issues which include MRSA. As a said note to those interested there are these miracle 'cures' on the internet for MRSA. A couple of the ones I tried and I found out that the main ingredient is calcium. I truly believe to beat MRSA all one has to do is eat healthier, drink lots of water, get plenty of rest, and simply take care of your body. Be sure to visit your doctor regularly and keep him/her informed on what you do to improve your health. Take your prescription medications exactly as prescribed. And it is always to your benefit to research your own particular health condition. It will help you to understand what is going on with your health which also includes some personal responsibility for your own health. :o)
Drea

Luling, LA

#10 May 8, 2013
About 2 months ago I began to have a horrible pain in my rectum. Like so bad when I would go to the bathroom I would almost faint from the pain. The pain began to shoot down to the back of my legs. I thought I might have a hemroid ( I'd never had one before) so I sent my husband to buy some preparation H. Needless to say that did nothing. Finally I couldn't take it anymore and I went to the ER and the dr proceeded to lance it. I have 3 children and on a pain scale from 1 to 10 having my rectum sliced open with no pain meds is my new 10! The infection has now come back 4 times in 2 months having to get lanced again each time. I've been on 7 or 8 different antibiotics and nothings working. I started doing my own research and I believe it might be MRSA. I have an appointment with a surgeon in 2 weeks I'm kind of scared but I'm so ready for this to be done with. I'm exhausted from this. If anyone has any advice I'd be more that happy to hear any words of encouragement.
J Moore

Tampa, FL

#11 May 14, 2013
Please see my post at top, or here it is again: Hello all: I swore to myself if I ever found something that improved or ‘cured’ my on-going battle with the painful, recurrent cysts (presumed to be MRSA), I would spread the word. So I am. I should also start by explaining my particular problem. I developed a very painful cyst in the groin year almost two years ago (it is now Jan/ 10). I thought it was the basic ‘in-grown hair’ that would eventually work itself out. It didn’t. It only got worse, and spread to the point I had 2-3 open, oozing (sorry to be gross, but it is what it is), oozing blood and pus, and left a rather large ‘hole’ that never closed up. This open hole was about the size of a nickel. And I still had other tunnels if you will, that created other areas to open up. I was A MESS. I was on numerous antibiotics, orally and creams, almost 2 yrs. and never really got better. Every now and then most of the other ones would close up, but the large one wasn’t going anywhere. I of course went to numerous doctors, but I never got it tested (I was antibiotics so often, and once you start you cannot take a sample) but it was pretty much agreed that it was most likely MRSA (5 yr old son had a long bout with before). So, fast forward a very 2 yrs of embarrassing trips to doctors and pretty much resigned to the fact that I would always have this, and an intimate relationship would never happen again (I wouldn’t want to go near that either!). Anyway, in Oct of 09, I happen to be watching the NCG channel one night, and caught the end of a broadcast of how honey was being used (and had been used for CENTUREIES), to cure all sorts of aliments all over the world. I did some research and found that a specific honey, MANUKA Honey, was commonly used to treat a wide variety of things, including MRSA, and other infections of the skin. I could not find that honey right away, but I did go to the grocery store and got the purest honey I could find, one that had not been processed etc.. I used sterile gauze, usually about 2 in by 2in, and spread the honey on liberally, and placed it over the affected area. Now, it is important to note, and you will have to do your own research to understand exactly this works, but one of the things honey does is draw out, and/or dry up, in the process leaving all surround clothes damp, so I would recommend frequent changes of garments and the gauze. I used the grocery store honey (note: impressive results with just that honey) until I found Manuke honey at a local health food store. I researched the internet and there were plenty of places that sell this honey, and some have Medical grade of this honey, and they were all very expensive. I paid around $15 for a 10oz jar (I still have more than half left). Of note, I transferred about an ounce at a time into a CLEAN container, and used extra precautions each time I used the honey so as not to contaminate it with anything. I would wash thoroughly the little wooden spreader I used to spread it on the gauze each time. After about 6 weeks, I really began to notice the large hole closing up. Once it started to shrink, within about 2-4 more weeks it had closed completely!!! For the first time in almost 2 yrs! I continued to use the honey for a few more weeks, not as frequently, and usually only at night. I was amazed, it had apparently cleared up what many rounds of antibiotics could not. To this date, I still have not had any new, or open sores. I don’t know why more doctors don’t know about this…it should be worth at least a shot for people. There are many uses for this type of therapy, I believe they use it on certain eye disorders in India, and also use it for people with diabetic sores. SO, for 15$, I certainly think it is worth a try. GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!
Chunky

Reseda, CA

#13 May 25, 2013
Have it cut out and take antibiotics
Ozzie

Frederick, MD

#15 Jul 25, 2013
I had 5 cases of mersa in 16months, the antibiotics did nothing. to cure them i first went to the doctors to lance it, then found they would go away if I poked it with a needle a drained it constantly for a few day (I sterilized the heck out of everything I used). One day I decided I had enough and "threw the book" at the problem; alternated showering with epiclens and Phisohex, and daily swims in the pool (for the chlorine) this was over a 2 month period, I ve never had another case (3 years).

Hope this helps
danielle

United States

#16 Jul 30, 2013
I hear if you use pork fat over it and bandage it up that will also take the pain and infection away.
Rocket

La Jolla, CA

#17 Aug 16, 2013
I had horrible MRSA last year and googled nonstop to try to find a solution. I had one giant one on my leg and then probably five or six other ones elsewhere that would pop up. The doctors used four different antibiotics, none of which worked. Finally a really old doctor took me off the antibiotics and gave me the following regimen. It TOTALLY worked. He said he's been dealing with this with patients for 30 years and he's NEVER failed to eradicate it:
PHISOHEX (not Hibiclens)- shower once a day with it for a month. Then 3x a week for a month. Then 1x a week for a month.
BACTRICIN - swab nose and anus. Every day for a month. Then 3 x a week for a month. Then 1x week for a month.

I added this element, which worked like a charm: for any new tiny spots, immediately open them - tape a tea tree oil soaked cotton ball or gauze pad on them. They won't get worse.

For the GIANT MRSA on my leg, I was slowly getting better with Manuka honey (put on it by the hospital)- but then I stumbled onto a tiny post by a guy who said his wife's chronic foot ulcers had been cured by a product called VERICYN. I found it at the pet store, sprayed it into my wound during bandage changes while the nurse was out of the room - AND WITHIN A DAY IT WAS ALMOST HEALED. I now use it for EVERYTHING - and it's as close to a miracle product as I've ever seen. There's a version for humans but it's the same as the one for pets. AMAZING stuff. I had horrible fears about having MRSA forever but now I'm fine, haven't had an outbreak since I did the doctor's regimen. There's life after MRSA. YOu can be totally okay. Don't let the fear destroy you. Life will be normal again, friends.
Terry Hill

Kingman, AZ

#19 Sep 30, 2013
Every thing seems to go wrong. I've been working on this for 13 years. Doctors are no help. One doctor said scraping and cleaning were the answer. I do all of that myself and it seems to be working. The doctors recommend muprocin and it does help, but what else can I do? I am 58 years old male. I am constantly changing bandages. It is all over my body. I'm scared.
Emily

Taylorsville, KY

#20 Nov 12, 2013
Terry Hill wrote:
Every thing seems to go wrong. I've been working on this for 13 years. Doctors are no help. One doctor said scraping and cleaning were the answer. I do all of that myself and it seems to be working. The doctors recommend muprocin and it does help, but what else can I do? I am 58 years old male. I am constantly changing bandages. It is all over my body. I'm scared.
Mrsa is very scary. Buy some anti bacterial soap thta is medical grade. Get the manuka honey and some organic whole gralic from whole foods. Also some bactriban cream ASAP.
JMac

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#22 Dec 17, 2013
I work in the healthcare field and I joined the hospital gym to work out. I shared the equipment with sick rehab patients. And never thought anything of it until one day I had a small itchy red raised bump on my lower left leg above my ankle. I thought it was a bite or pimple so a squeezed it and popped several small pus pockets within it. The puss was very thin and watery instead of the usual thick and yellow which comes from an ordinary pimples. I washed it with peroxide and put some Neosporin on it and went to bed. The next day I was shocked to see that it had doubled in size and had become a deep red angry looking boil. Need less to say I went to work and showed it to one of my co workers who told me to get seen by one of the doctors. He said it looked like it could be MRSA and prescribed me some Bactrim antibiotics for 10 days. Well after I finished the antibiotics the boil still remained a bit although it was much less swollen but I was still concerned. I went online and found out about manuka honey and I started putting it on ever day for a bout 6 weeks. This was a very slow cure. It finally resolved but it took 2 and a half months and left me with a dark brown round scar the size of the original boil. About 4 months later I developed another small boil on the top of my right foot. By this time I had bought some hibicleanse (chlorhexidene) soap to try to decolonize my body. Instead of going for antibiotics I washed the new boil with the soap and then applied a generous amount directly on the boil and let it dry on top of it. I went to bed and the next day it had gotten much less red and swollen and in three to four days it was gone completely. After this about 5 months later I had another small boil show up on the back of my neck. Again I did the same thing leaving the hibicleanse on the boil and it worked like a charm again. After this experience I would recommend this treatment for mrsa skin infections. First, DO NOT POP OR SQEEZE THE BOILS. You will spread the infection and make it worse. Second go to the pharmacy and get a bottle of hibicleanse and wash the area with it and leave it on the boil overnight and even during the day until it is healed or gone. This worked for me and it could work for you. Best wishes...JMac
Corinna

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

#23 Jan 26, 2014
My daughters now 2 and almost 4 have been getting infected boils always on their butts for just over a year now. They always require antibiotics to cure and have each had about 8-10. I also got one last month also on my butt. HORRIBLY painful, feel so bad for my babies.
The doctors have always just said we have sensitive skin and the follicles get infected and there isnt much we can do. I now wash their butts with a exfoliating scrub and rinse them with hydrogen peroxide but my 4 year old has now gotten another one.
Im taking them to a dermatologist tomorrow but I don't even know if that is the right doctor to go to. We have been to about 5 different general doctors for these bumps and they allll say the same thing. Except the first bump the doctor thought was a spider bite.
Im concerned its MRSA. Any thoughts from those who know they have/had it?
Ali

Bondi, Australia

#24 Feb 2, 2014
Corinna wrote:
My daughters now 2 and almost 4 have been getting infected boils always on their butts for just over a year now. They always require an specialist to cur have each had about 8-10. fso bad for my babies.
The doctors have alway we have sensitive skin and the follicles get infected and there isnt much we can do. I now wash their butts with a exfoliating scrub and rinse them with hydrogen peroxide but my 4 year old has now gotten another one.
Im taking them to a dermatologist tomorrow but I don't even know if that is the right doctor to go to. We have been to about 5 different general doctors for these bumps and they allll say the same thing. Except the first bump the doctor thought was a spider bite.
Im concerned its MRSA. Any thoughts from those who know they have/had it?
Sorry to hear they are in pain. A dermatologist may or may not help depending on how good they are. You could also seek a referral to an Infectious Disease Specialist who might be more helpful with this kind of infection.

Not all general doctors are very helpful, so ask for a referral. If you have a doctor who is stubborn or tends to ignore your requests, then find a better one and you should definitely insist on having have it swabbed &cultured to make sure if its mrsa or not. It can be rid successfully in many cases.
Beverly

Hampton, VA

#25 Jul 16, 2014
Hibiclens when you take a shower ... Use it each time .. Get rid if Mrsa ... That easy !!! Sold at Walmart and target and all drug stores
Beverly

Hampton, VA

#26 Jul 16, 2014
The answer to get rid of Mrsa is use Hibiclens when you shower . . . I have used everyday for six years now ever since the ER.doctor told me to .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

MRSA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
this is how i beat mrsa,take notice (Aug '09) Sat Damie 163
How To Destroy A MRSA Boil (Nov '10) Apr 9 Sick of this 14
this is how i beat mrsa (Mar '10) Apr 6 Audrey 3
Getting MRSA Boils Open (Dec '12) Apr 4 heather 62
ed, levitra, & marijuana Apr 2 Miller 1
teachers viagra: union asks to reinstate viagra... Apr 2 Giles 3
using natural drugs to control viruses' langham... Feb '16 langham research ... 1
More from around the web