Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#146 Jul 17, 2009
Cheryl,

Well then if they cant produce it, they cant charge for it. If they charged for it then they have to show records. Now, many LTCFs have the responsible party sign for what is called catatrosphic care. Lawyerese for Estate Recovery. The POA has every right to protest, if every nickle of the claim isnt accounted for NO DEAL. Same for the hospital.

http://superbugassassins.com
Cheryl FL

Osteen, FL

#147 Jul 17, 2009
Hmm, sounds like a "sick" situation for everyone involved. Well, they found the wrong person to deal with, as I will not stop! They WILL produce records, and I WILL not stop. I know Doctors are only "practicing" but who gave them and nursing homes a "license" to kill????? I'm "practicing" too!... but with a more empathetic and religious belief behind my views. God speed, and yes, I use the word "God", nobody will ever take that one from me! though they try.
c-diff

Cincinnati, OH

#148 Jul 30, 2009
we are fighting this scary infection w/ my aunt at this time. she is in a rehabillition center here in Dayton Ohio. After being diagnosed w/ c-diff. we have tried to educate ourselfs on this disease. now that we know a little mre about it we check our aunt for jobs that the staff is doing as far as cleaning up our aunt, and must say that when i pulled her sheets back the other day i was apuled to find fecies caked in her viginia and rectum! we are going out of our mind here. Yesterday I arrived at her place of care to find her laying in fecies again! This time her speach therapisit came in and witnessed it and reported it for us. Im thinking now might be a good time to seek leagle action, any help?
Cheryl FL

Osteen, FL

#149 Jul 30, 2009
I am so sorry you too are dealing with this.
Yes, I would contact your states Health Dept. and an attorney. I contacted the Mass. Dept of Healthcare in Boston and they are now doing an investigation. I don't hold too much stock in them, but maybe my attorney will get action? Make sure you get copies of all records, her labs and doctor notest etc!! very very important. Make sure your aunt tells them its ok for you to get info on her condition and put that in writing! then they have to give you records. Go after them! best wishes and God bless you for caring!!! cj
c-diff wrote:
we are fighting this scary infection w/ my aunt at this time. she is in a rehabillition center here in Dayton Ohio. After being diagnosed w/ c-diff. we have tried to educate ourselfs on this disease. now that we know a little mre about it we check our aunt for jobs that the staff is doing as far as cleaning up our aunt, and must say that when i pulled her sheets back the other day i was apuled to find fecies caked in her viginia and rectum! we are going out of our mind here. Yesterday I arrived at her place of care to find her laying in fecies again! This time her speach therapisit came in and witnessed it and reported it for us. Im thinking now might be a good time to seek leagle action, any help?
dori

Lady Lake, FL

#150 Aug 6, 2009
Has anyone cantracted MRSA or Pseudamonis from Leesburg Regional Medical Center (AKA Central Florida Health Alliance) or The Vilages Regional Medical Center

Location hidden

#151 Sep 3, 2009
Liz from Myrtle Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it's a great idea to consolidate all these stories about and experiences with Demon MRSA. There are many, many stories going back over 2 years(?), and it could be helpful to some folks to be able to follow that story from then to now, to read the circumstances surrounding the first diagnosis, and follow the treatment, what worked and what didn't, and maybe in some situations to find out that there are some people who seem to have won the battle with the demon. One of the most discouraging things for me is to have treatments fail over and over, and to have the Demon MRSA keep returning, it turned up again 3 weeks ago at a time when the surgeon and the infectious disease doctor were contemplating a double edged attack -- iv antibiotics and another try at skin grafting happening at the same time. Needless to say, a MRSA return engagement ended the idea of another grafting attempt . I've been in this fight with Demon MRSA for 18 months, have had three in-patient hospitalizations, two ER visits, and four ambulatory surgery center visits (for debrieding, in connection with skin graft attempts, and application of a wound vac). I'm on my 3rd PiCC line (I do the IV antibiotics myself at home), and am on my 3rd round with a wound vac. Has my progress been good? I guess that answer depends on what your focus is. Yes, my right leg, from knee down, no longer looks like it did 12 months ago - I was told it looked like I had received received 3rd degree burns - but, I still have the original quartr-sized ulcer on the back part of my lower leg which promptedthe start of all this, but I also have a larger ulcer on the side of the same ankle (It's about 2in. wide and 3in. long) and I'm not sure what the next plan of attack will be. I've been told that there are some strains of this MRSA menace that are stronger than others, and seem almost impossible to get rid of. And so, there's thereaders' digest version of my story and where I stand now in my MRSA battle. Maybe it will give someone a different avenue to try in their own battle - hopefully a successful one.
this one
Myrtle Beach MRSA Senior

Hilton Head Island, SC

#152 Sep 14, 2009
What the heck just happened? Here I was typing away, giving the latest update on my mrsa madness and boom, I look up at the screen and it somehow has moved itself to the beginning of the comments on thisparticular line, or thread...and not being very computer savvy, I'm confused, and somewhat PO'd that all that typing has gone somewhere, and who knows were! OK, here we go with a Readers' Digest (aka condensed) verson. Had appointment with surgeon who has become my mrsa watchman. The antibiotics I got on my last visit (about 4 weeks ago) seem to have done their job and been victorious over my latest mrsa attack. But, since I've definitely been listed as "colonized," the mrsa will definitely be back again, no say on when that might be, or how long the attack will last. Having the venos stasis ulcers is definitely not helping matters, in fact, it's sort of a magnet attracting the sob. On the "getting better" side, the smaller ulcer appears to be finally closing, it first showed up back in Oct. of 2007! The larger ulcer (measured about 2in wide by 3 in. long) which appeared about a year ago, hasn't gotten worse, and may be showing some miniscule signs of closing, too, only it will take a much longer time for that to happen. Treatment wise, I, of course, still take my arthritis/fibromyalgia pain management drugs; I'm continuing to use the AquacelAG dressing on the ulcers, and have gone back to using the Silverdine cream on the other parts of the leg, which have become irritated, dry, peeling, and "weeping" again. Hopefully the cream will win out on this round, too. At this point, there isn't much anyone can do for me, the mrsa is colonized, I'm still having cellulitis-related problems, and the venos stasis ulcers are, to quote another website, they are the worst mothers to clear up and get rid of. So, twice a day I remove the dressing, wash the leg with good old Hibicleanse (avoiding the open ulcer areas), and redress the leg with the AquacelAG and Silverdine cream. And, yes, it is a pain in the neck, not to mention it also cranks up the pain level on the leg whenever I torment it with the washing and redressing. But, as long as this treatment brings about some level of improvement, I guess this will be my life until (and if?) the cellulitis and ulcers are gone and the skin finally clears up completely. I know it's going to be a long, a very long, slow healing process, and that's assuming nothing else happens to tank it again. And that, ladies and gents, is the update on the mrsa madness of the Myrtle Beach MRSA Senior, aka "Myrtle" to some friends. Take care. Keep sharing your comments about how your mrsa madness is going. Hopefully we'll help each other deal with this horror. Take care everyone.
Janice Langston OK

Oklahoma City, OK

#153 Nov 5, 2009
Hi I am sorry to read about your Dad. I had knee replacement surgery 8/3/09. I was in unexplainable pain. After discharge 8/7, upon returning to my Dr. for check up, knee drainage and inflamation was overlooked by Dr. The second week, my knee was draining blood constantly, and of course, I was rushed back to the hospital. Friday, 8/21 a second surgery was performed to clean out the mess and a culture. Sunday I was informed I had MRSA. 8/24 another surgery was performed to wash the wound again. This time I received a wound vac, and a pic line. For 8 weeks I was on Vancomycin 1250 mg 2x day plus cipro. I am angry and really feel I need to sue the hospital. Of course the hospital will not admit any wrong doing. If you find an attorney, I believe we can at least find some solence in being compensated. I did find on the internet a research pharmacist who has also contacted MRSA. He has written a book on holistic means to help curtail MRSA. I pray your Dad's health improve. You must assist the doctors with any additional knowledge to help your Dad. Goo Luck
Cecilia

AOL

#154 Nov 6, 2009
"ObGyn Doctor in Suffolk"]Just to be clear, all of you want to sue the hospital because you contracted MRSA while there as a patient?
Stuff happens in hospitals. The patients there have to go somewhere for treatment. You are asking for the impossible.
Would a solution for you be to treat every patient with Vanco with the first onset of symptoms prior to culture results?
Without proven NEGLIGENCE, i.e. not ordering tests, not reading tests, refusing to give medication, none of you have lawsuits.
BAD stuff happens, its not a perfect world.
Next time you have a medical problem do all of us a favor. Join a group and treat yourselves. Don't go into a hospital, otherwise people who come after you have arrived will catch what you brought in WITH YOU!
Your comment is ridiculously rude. I don't have MRSA, but am empathatic to those who have lost someone or who have suffered because they have been exposed to MRSA. Maybe new procedures are in order. Maybe medical facilities should assume the worse and take precautions -- if it means a life ... In your last sentence, you suggest that the people who have posted here are a crutch to the medical system and that their conditions will contaminate the medical system that gave them their condition. You should not be a doctor, because you have no compassion.

Location hidden

#155 Nov 20, 2009
Cecilia,

Maybe hospitals should culture prior to admission. Have a infection control nurse. Have a quality assurance office to record vectors. Routine environmental testing for bacteria. Stricter employee protocol management. Housekeeping trained in disease abatement. Finally independent auditors to certify and publicly report. But it is cheaper to continue negligent behavior with only a minimal chance of losing a suit.

Well DNA testing is on the horizon. When it gets here, those like you in denial, while be singled out and should be made equally culpable.

Now if you can prove the immaculate infection then I will have to reconsider my argument.
Janice Langston OK

Oklahoma City, OK

#156 Nov 22, 2009
I did not have staff infection prior to surgery. Staff infection pretesting prior to admission was performed one week before my surgery and the morning prior to surgery so this concept didn't work, for me. I believe complete elimination and sterilization procedures should be performed prior to all surgical procedures as well as after, in order to control bacteria. All linen and towels and instruments, after MRSA is discovered in any patient in hospitals should be destroyed. As far as immaculate infection, it must start with the methods in which hospitals utilize their equipment and surgical procedures. Denial is a harsh word. Reality is once you have contracted MRSA you will always have MRSA. This is a harsh reality
Vegas

Englewood, CO

#157 Nov 30, 2009
If you are getting the run around on filing works man comp . call you STATE BOARD OF WORKER’S COMPENSATION there they will better help you . I got this at my work, I am a stylist in Vegas . I went to work fine and left with my leg double the size and hot as hell. As most of you here ,it does not look like more then a small big bits at first, then your life has changed for ever. This STATE BOARD OF WORKER’S COMPENSATION after months of trying to understand this had some good info.
I just want to get better and my life back . As most of you here has stated.
Sherry

United States

#158 Dec 31, 2009
Emily wrote:
I recently had a bust reduction and a tummy tuck.
Well, as luck would have it I got hospital acquired mrsa and had to go back into the hospital for a week. I was so sick, ran high fevers and chills. I was given 3 different anti-botics and was operated on again to open the wound.
An infectious disease Dr. was called in and he put me on one anti-botic. This happened in January.
I am finally better BUT I have these hard knots in my stomach and in the left breast where I had the mrsa. Will these ever go away? They are painful and very uncomfortable. Has anyone else had this problem?
Hi-
I had the same surgery in 7/09, had to stay in with "flesh eating bacteria" for an extra month, now at the end of december i have the same hard knots and other problems because I had a very large abdominal wound.

Please let me know.
Thanks
Bree Vancouver BC Canada

Canada

#159 Jan 2, 2010
Hi Emily,

I also had a breast reduction in April 2008 and without knowing I had gotten mrsa during that surgery, had a tummy tuck in Sept. 2008. The tummy tuck burst open in the middle of the night about 3 weeks later and I had a 10 cm hole in my stomach. No one knew what was wrong, flesh eating disease was suggested and at one point there was talk about cutting off my leg because the infection was moving.

I also have the hard knots in my stomach. Its called a keloidal scar. Check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keloid for more information but don't get scared by the pictures:-)

Along with the keloidal scaring I also have an extended stomach. It looks like one of those children you see starving if Africa! It took over a year for the wound to heal completely and I got an mrsa infection almost every month until June 2009. I havn't had an infection in 6 months but I know it's only a matter of time.

Anyway, its been 15 months and the hard knots have not changed at all. I've been told to massage them, which I do all the time but it doesn't help. My Mom, who is a nurse said really the only way to fix them is to have them cut out.

My surgon says he can redo the surgery and "make it all better" but I'm scared to go into the hospital again but on the other hand I'm disfigured and embarassed to be naked.

However I've also been told to wait until I have children and do not plan on having any more.

I don't know what to do so I'm just doing nothing right now.

What about you?

Bree
Bree Vancouver BC Canada

Canada

#160 Jan 2, 2010
Janice Langston OK wrote:
Hi I am sorry to read about your Dad. I had knee replacement surgery 8/3/09. I was in unexplainable pain. After discharge 8/7, upon returning to my Dr. for check up, knee drainage and inflamation was overlooked by Dr. The second week, my knee was draining blood constantly, and of course, I was rushed back to the hospital. Friday, 8/21 a second surgery was performed to clean out the mess and a culture. Sunday I was informed I had MRSA. 8/24 another surgery was performed to wash the wound again. This time I received a wound vac, and a pic line. For 8 weeks I was on Vancomycin 1250 mg 2x day plus cipro. I am angry and really feel I need to sue the hospital. Of course the hospital will not admit any wrong doing. If you find an attorney, I believe we can at least find some solence in being compensated. I did find on the internet a research pharmacist who has also contacted MRSA. He has written a book on holistic means to help curtail MRSA. I pray your Dad's health improve. You must assist the doctors with any additional knowledge to help your Dad. Goo Luck
Hi There, I have a mrsa story like everyone else on here; negligent surgeon, inadequate cleaning, lost chart, everything that could go wrong, did. I've spoken with several lawyers and no one is willing to take my case even though I'm offering to pay them! They said it would cost too much to prove the hospital was negligent and I would have to get another doctor to testify that my doctor was negligent, and doctors just don't do that too each other.

I'm Canadian and I have no idea how the Canadian verses American laws work but I believe the only way to sue is going to be a class action, with several complainants, by a huge law firm that can afford to do the research and testing.

I am thousands of dollars in debt from not being able to work and would love to see some compensation, but I'm not holding my breath.

If anyone knows of a firm that wants to take this on, I'd jump at the chance to be part of the law suit!

Bree
Norman Wilson

United States

#161 Jan 11, 2010
I have been fighting MRSA for over a year. Recently was in the Hospital for Vanco IV isolation of course. Not one person entering the room used precautions except the Dr. I even brought it to his attention. I was charged exhorbitantly for an isolation cart that did not get used. Insurance does not pay my bill in full. This is crazy and the hospitals get by with it. I contracted it from the hospital. My life is ruined financially and physically because of it.
EDIE

Phenix City, AL

#162 Apr 3, 2010
During a fenure fracture I contracted MRSA probably during surgery. I felt so sick and was so confused but the hospital discharged mr anyway to a Rehab facility. My wife made sure that night that the physician was called and he ordered Blood Cultures which were positive for MRSA. The Rehab facility did not notice my decline so my wife had them call the ambulance anyway becuae she knew something ws wong. I was taken by ambulance to a differnt hospital and admitted toICAU were a fought for my life I septic and my wound was infected also. I was in ICU for 10 days It ate my femur. It almost has been 11/2 years and I had to have the femur removed a Hip Replacement a second hip replacement. The Hospital costs are enourmous. Any suggestions.
Tina

Chicago, IL

#163 Apr 18, 2010
c-diff wrote:
So sorry that your aunt is in the care (or lack thereof) of those who do not do a good job at ensuring she is clean. However, if you are truly unhappy with the care, bring your aunt home and have the family take care of her in shifts. If that's not an option, take turns being at her bedside to ensure she is clean.
Art

San Mateo, CA

#164 May 19, 2010
I received MRSA when working for a University Dining Hall. I was the only cleaning the bathroom and mop area, They did emptied the trash until I arrived. They were open from 11am --2am. I worked part time 3-5 days 4-5 hours a day. the place was filthy. I complained about conditions, but was complainer in their eyes. It started what look like spider bite, then got bigger and infective I had emergency surgery on the infection. They currently have me on lay-off. Until I bring Doctor note stating I am not have any allergy to chemical, which they claimed for my infection, I currently looking for a lawyer, I think got MRSA with the unsnitary conditions, NEED SOME ADVICE, Thank you
Joe

Southlake, TX

#165 May 28, 2010
There is a new test that can identify staph aureus carriers and mrsa carriers in an hour. The company also has a test to detect c difficile bugs in the same amount of time. These tests can be used to quickly diagnos MRSA for people that have wounds or for people going into surgery and are at risk of infection because they are carriers. current methods to detect these bugs take 2 to 4 days and many times the damage has been done or the surgery is complete and the doc is giving the wrong antibiotics for days...but they are cheaper to do. You might want to consider asking to be tested with a rapid test prior to surgery and ask to be decolonized which takes at least 3 days and ask the physician to use the correct antibiotics during surgery.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

MRSA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Getting MRSA Boils Open (Dec '12) 4 hr sunflowerannie 28
How To Destroy A MRSA Boil (Nov '10) 4 hr sunflowerannie 11
Copper for MRSA and My Allergic Reaction to Dea... Oct 15 Witis 2
this is how i beat mrsa,take notice (Aug '09) Oct 13 jen 129
Simple Cure For MRSA on Skin (Dec '13) Sep '14 Masha 12
I Cured my MRSA CYST, please read this very sim... (Jan '10) Aug '14 Maria 21
MRSA cases in academic hospitals double in 5 ye... (Jul '12) Jul '14 white widow 16

MRSA People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE